/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Old Man at Masjid Al-Haram?

Khattab
09-27-2006, 05:40 PM
:sl:

I hope everyone is in the best health and emaan during this blessed month.

Does anyone know who the old man is behind the Imam at the Haram, he has a white beard and quite frail and old, he is in a wheel chair this year, alhamdulillah may Allah grant him strength. He is always there who is he?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
09-27-2006, 09:13 PM

hes not always in a wheelchair last year he was leaning on a stick i think :? and some young people round him used to help him up .was that last year :-\ :hiding:

im wondering who he is too

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-28-2006, 02:18 PM

Heres an old clip where he's standing:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d0a3z8D04yo

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-28-2006, 03:25 PM
It's nice watching taraweeh in Ramadan every year and seeing him again. MashaAllah he's so old yet he still strives. A lesson for our young brothers on the forum.

:wasalamex

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*love4isl@m*
09-28-2006, 03:34 PM

Masha'allah, MAy Allah bless him da best of effort and also reward him and others supporting him insh'allah!!! :)

Arwa
09-28-2006, 05:58 PM
wa alaikum assalam

This is the second year that he is in the wheel chair.

Masha'Allah, may Allah give him strength! No idea as to who he is.

Sanobar
09-28-2006, 06:00 PM

woahh.. mashAllah he is soo old and hes on the wheel chair...mashaAllah may Allah swt reward him for his efforts... ..inshaAllah!

The Ruler
09-28-2006, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *love4isl@m*
Masha'allah, MAy Allah bless him da best of effort and also reward him and others supporting him insh'allah!!! :)
ameen :)

dis mayb a bit oftopic but y do dey repeat wt de imaam sez durin prayer :? :?

cal me dumb...i kno i am...but i was jus wnderin :D

The Ruler
09-28-2006, 06:08 PM
^ ys :?

north_malaysian
09-29-2006, 03:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk

He looks like a Caucasian....

May God give him paradise.....

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-29-2006, 04:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Glacier*+
^ ys :?

So that everyone inside the Masjid and outside can hear it. Some people far out might not be able to hear the Imam say it, so they have another person repeat it after so they can hear. Also, maybe for the people on the top floor if they cant hear the Imam.

i_m_tipu
09-29-2006, 04:05 AM
masAllaah nice

how old is he?

Najiullah
09-29-2006, 04:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by i_m_tipu
masAllaah nice

how old is he?
we dont know who he is so we cant tell u his date of birth

u can guess if u want :)

i_m_tipu
09-29-2006, 05:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Najiullah
we dont know who he is so we cant tell u his date of birth

u can guess if u want :)
What ever aged he is (i guess <=90) it seems he has amazing strength and love for to pray in Haram (masAllaah)

Malaikah
09-29-2006, 05:15 AM

this is one weird thread lol

just wondering... do ppl get to reserve the spots behind the iman or something? :? how does that guy always manage to be in the front row?

DigitalStorm82
09-29-2006, 05:45 AM
come early?

north_malaysian
09-29-2006, 06:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DigitalStorm82
come early?
good point .... or maybe he's someone well-respected by the community of Mecca..

S_87
09-29-2006, 09:25 AM

yh i think he is a sheikh or someone with a respected status :happy:

Woodrow
09-29-2006, 10:05 AM
Ever since this thread was started I have been trying to find his identity. I suspect he is very humble and has no need for his identity to be public.

- Qatada -
09-29-2006, 03:06 PM
the area near the imaam is generally reserved.
for some haram staff... maybe some huffadh too n security guards.
for security purposes.

It would be so kool if they never had no security though.. 'Umar (radhiAllaahu anhu) got stabbed in salaah.. but he was a shaheed insha'Allaah.

:salamext:

Hawa
09-29-2006, 08:11 PM
lol interesting thread.
I could be mistaken but I think he used to lead Maghrib prayer, sometimes even Isha. He has a distinct voice im sure you would instantly recognise it. According to my father he was in an accident (which explains the wheelchair) and he also lost his son. Allahu A'lam.

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-29-2006, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
It would be so kool if they never had no security though.. 'Umar (radhiAllaahu anhu) got stabbed in salaah.. but he was a shaheed insha'Allaah.

:salamext:
Yeah but I think you're supposed to tie up your camel and then trust in Allah, I think. I mean you shouldn't walk aimlessly in a mine field in the hope that you will be a shaheed, even if you were fighting the enemy.

Allah knows best.

:wasalamex

Samee
09-29-2006, 08:35 PM

We are here talking about him because we see him whenever we watch the Masjid prayers in Taraweeh. But he is in a different continent from most of us, and he doesn't even know there are foreign people discussing him :giggling:

Scary, isn't it?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-29-2006, 09:13 PM

Maybe he is of those whom Allah has placed love for in everyone's hearts. We dont even know him but we love him for the sake of Allah.

Arwa
09-29-2006, 11:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hawa
lol interesting thread.
I could be mistaken but I think he used to lead Maghrib prayer, sometimes even Isha. He has a distinct voice im sure you would instantly recognise it. According to my father he was in an accident (which explains the wheelchair) and he also lost his son. Allahu A'lam.
Are you sure that wasn't Sheikh Subbayl? :? I don't know about him being involved in an accident however, but this son may Allah have mercy on him was and he passed away.

BlissfullyJaded
09-30-2006, 03:15 AM

I don't think the man in the wheelchair is Sheikh Subayyal. Bro Abdullah Saood was asked about that man previously, and if it was Sheikh Subayyal, he would have said so. Its somebody else..

And yes, Sheikh Subayyal's son had a car accident from which he died shortly after. Allah knows best if Sheikh Subayyal also has been in an accident.. :cry: I think that would have made it to the news by now though..

We dont even know him but we love him for the sake of Allah.
True brother Ahmed.

Andaraawus
09-30-2006, 03:20 AM
inspirational !

Najiullah
09-30-2006, 02:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Labibah

I don't think the man in the wheelchair is Sheikh Subayyal. Bro Abdullah Saood was asked about that man previously, and if it was Sheikh Subayyal, he would have said so. Its somebody else..

And yes, Sheikh Subayyal's son had a car accident from which he died shortly after. Allah knows best if Sheikh Subayyal also has been in an accident.. :cry: I think that would have made it to the news by now though..

True brother Ahmed.
it was in news , he was also imam of Masjid ul Haram ,
they hired SST after his death. ( i asked someone and he told me that Allah knows the best)

Saturday 16 March 2002
Umar ibn Muhammad as-Subayyal

Shaykh 'Umar ibn Muhammad as-Subayyal passes away...

Shaykh 'Umar ibn Muhammad as-Subayyal, 43, who was an imaam and khateeb of al-Masjid al-Haraam in Makkah for the past 11 years, died at the Armed Forces Hospital in Hada near Taif yesterday after entering a coma two weeks ago following a traffic accident.

Funeral prayers for the imaam will be held at al-Masjid al-Haraam today after Salaat al-'Asr.

Shaykh 'Umar, who was the youngest of the imaams of al-Masjid al-Haraam, is survived by his wife and seven children - four sons and three daughters.

Shaykh Muhammad as-Subayyal, former Head of the Presidency for the Two Holy Mosques’ Affairs, has received messages of condolence from a large number of people within the Kingdom and abroad.

The accident that led to Shaykh 'Umar’s death took place while he was travelling on the Taif-Riyadh Expressway with his family.

Born in Bakhayriyah in the Qaseem region in 1958, Shaykh 'Umar received his religious education from prominent Islaamic scholars, including the late Shaykh 'Abdul-'Azeez ibn Baaz. He received his doctorate from Umm al-Quraa in 1991.

In 1992 he was appointed a lecturer at Imaam Muhammad ibn Saud University in Riyadh. The following year he moved to Umm al-Quraa and was appointed imaam of al-Masjid al-Haraam and head of the Sharee'ah College.

In 1995, Shaykh 'Umar was named director of the Higher Islaamic Studies Center and undersecretary of the College of Sharee'ah and Islaamic Studies at Umm al-Quraa. Two years later, he was appointed principal of the college.

http://www.islamicboard.com/479287-post2201.html

Al-Hanbali
09-30-2006, 02:30 PM

Did the Sheikh (Rahimahullah) used to recite like his father, Sheikh Subayyal?

S_87
09-30-2006, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dhul-Fiqhar

Did the Sheikh (Rahimahullah) used to recite like his father, Sheikh Subayyal?

they sounded quite alike imo..well how sheikh subayil sounds today.

http://khotab.net/
click on the archives page, last option on the right hand side and khutbahs year 1422. have some of him

Maybe he is of those whom Allah has placed love for in everyone's hearts. We dont even know him but we love him for the sake of Allah.
So true, he has this thing about him that you just wanna respect him

Al-Hanbali
09-30-2006, 03:38 PM

I have a video from Ramadhan 1994. There is an Imam who,leads Salaat-ul-Maghrib, sounds so similar to Sheikh Subayyal. I think that may be him :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-30-2006, 03:42 PM

^ Can u post it please? :)

Al-Hanbali
09-30-2006, 03:46 PM

Its on video cassette. I'll try inshallah :)

Najiullah
09-30-2006, 05:59 PM
Sheikh Umar subayyil Rahimahullah
son of Sheikh Muhammad subayyil
http://alnawader.net/nawader_t/mekka...l_al3emran.ram

Surah Ale Imran in his first prayer at haram
n surah hujarat in his last prayer at haram.

he did sound much like his dad in the beginning
but changed laters...
jazakAllah bro for the link

i have a video too ill post it inshaAllah

BlissfullyJaded
09-30-2006, 06:51 PM

loq, I should have been more clear in the way I said that. I knew about Sheikh 'Umar as Subayyal passing away from a car accident, as I said. But I thought the sis was also saying that Sheikh Muhammad as Subayyal had been in an accident recently.. :?

jzcasejz
09-30-2006, 07:01 PM

Shk. Umar Subbayl Had A Voice Kinda Like His Father...And Yup It Was A GREAT Voice...Check It Y'All...Eid Prayer Year 2000/2001 Masjid Al Haram...Sooo Nice MashaAllah...

Media Tags are no longer supported

Hawa
09-30-2006, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Makkiyah
Are you sure that wasn't Sheikh Subbayl? :? I don't know about him being involved in an accident however, but this son may Allah have mercy on him was and he passed away.

I dont know sis, Allah knows best..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.