/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New

SpazzBurd
09-27-2006, 07:50 PM
Hello

I'm a college student, studying nursing. I live in the northeastern US with my father and sister, both of whom are not religious.

I'm trying to find out which religion feels right to me. I'm currently between Judaism and Islam. I feel drawn to Islam, yet feel it is way to restrictive and constrictive, and that to be a Muslim, I would totally have to change who I am. I've never been to a mosque, since I'm very afraid to. Judaism seems like a better fit, but I do not feel drawn to it with the same strength. I have been to a synagogue, which was a very enjoyable experience.

So, that's me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
09-27-2006, 07:57 PM
:sl:

:welcome:

:w:

Skillganon
09-28-2006, 01:29 AM
Welcome to LI. InshAllah your stay will be beneficial.
Ask any questions you may have

snakelegs
09-28-2006, 03:23 AM
[MOUSE]welcome![/MOUSE]
hope you find what you are searching for.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdulwaheed
09-28-2006, 04:08 AM
Welcome! Spending some time with some good practicing muslims may help you decide. Hope this forum helps too :D

Sanobar
09-28-2006, 06:41 AM
hey!

welcome to the forums!

peace!

Curaezipirid
09-28-2006, 06:43 AM
Alaikumassalam

That Islam can seem restrictive and constrictive is amply able to endure within a true Muslim identification. In moving from an mainstream Aussie identity, (who was a bit of a left wing er, and a hippy), (those other hippies are fun to confront about having become a Muslim since they all preach Peace but back off from knowing about Islam, so the hippy/lefty identification is quite useful . . . . and I am telling that because it is Ramadan and I have mentioned this and so need to manifest what I am mentioning as my true being); into a Muslim identity, what I am noticing is that in Islam the independant individuality of each of us is given greater value, perhaps by the very mechanism of a unity of identity making in more affordable for each of us to express our uniqueness within.

I like that you feel drawn into Islam and believe it is Allah which attracts any people towards becoming Muslim. But Judaism might be better for a few; the most important thing is knowing that One God is true.

wasalam

lyesh
09-28-2006, 07:02 AM
hey,
Welcome here!
hope u have a benificial stay!

Maimunah
09-28-2006, 08:24 AM
welcome to the forums
have a beneficial stay
wasalaam:)

north_malaysian
09-28-2006, 08:26 AM
[BANANA]WILLKOMMEN[/BANANA]

Ayesha Rana
09-28-2006, 08:27 AM
Welcome sis. Ehat is it that you find restrictive. We'd love to help clear any misunderstandings. Don't be shy.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-28-2006, 09:10 AM

dont follow your desires, follow what feels right ;)

:peace:

Najiullah
09-30-2006, 12:59 AM
WELCOME TO THE FORUM
INSHA’ALLAH YOU WILL HAVE A GOOD TIME HERE

afriend2
10-01-2006, 07:40 PM
Salaam,

Welcome to LI, inshAllah have a great time here! I hope this site helps you in finding out more about Islam...

Wassalam :peace:

Kittygyal
10-01-2006, 07:43 PM
salam.
welcome Akhi/Ukthi have fun && stay active inshallah
w.salam

IceQueen~
10-01-2006, 07:47 PM
:welcome: bro/sis

Insha allah Allah will guide you and i hope you find the forums beneficial

The Prophet (SAW) said 'The Religion of Islam is Easy. No one ever Made it difficult without it becoming too much for him. So avoid extremes and strike a balance, do best you can (in carrying out your religious observances) and be cheerful; and seek Allah's Help (through Prayer) in the Morning, Evening and Part of the night
(Bukhari)

:) :) :)

Aisha20
10-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Welcome!
enjoy ur stay :)

akulion
10-03-2006, 04:07 PM

S A L A M A L A I K U M
P E A C E B E U P O N Y O U

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

I Pray you find it benefical and helpful ameen

Feel at home and if you need any help, feel free to ask

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!