/* */

PDA

View Full Version : have u enjoyed ur time on da forum.......

Helena
09-28-2006, 02:23 PM
:sl:

interesting quest..or cud be dry quest...oh well its a question...

and the question is..........:D...........:D ............:D ...........:D ...............:D

how long have u been here? part of LI family?........how long exactly.....it cud be 5 yrs, or may-b more den that.....or even one day......

or like.............couple of months.................:) :) :) ................

how has the forum benefited you?.......wanna share any thoughts?....has it changed u?...made u think deeper about islam?..........

possibly met weirdos here.......:rollseyes :uuh: :) :uuh: .....are jus hard to handle......................

come on let me hear it all inshalah...man am so hyped now...............:uuh: :uuh: :uuh: ................

:w: :D :D :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
09-28-2006, 02:24 PM
:sl: it's been about 2 years now :D but i didnt post for the first year, dunno why. Its good Alhamdulillah, feel part of the family now :wub: (but wudnt mind getting to know more people) :D :w:

Helena
09-28-2006, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dreamer
:sl: it's been about 2 years now :D but i didnt post for the first year, dunno why. Its good Alhamdulillah, feel part of the family now :wub: (but wudnt mind getting to know more people) :D :w:
woah sis been two years.....dsnt seem like it.........

before the mods warn me...i can see it clearly on da profile when dey joined...but still jus wanna know.......am too lazy look into everybodies profile....

Mawaddah
09-28-2006, 02:27 PM
If you look at my profile you'll see I've been here since last year December......almost a year now :D

And Masha'allah I really love LI :) and yes I can say I have benefitted from it because it has loads of wonderful Islamic articles all in one place so I can read them easily.

Met loads of nice people here too , and I correspond almost daily with my lovely friends umm-sulaim and amirah_87 here too so it makes me Love LI even more :wub:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
09-28-2006, 02:28 PM
Haven't you people ever seen this?

And I've been here for about a year.

Re.TiReD
09-28-2006, 02:28 PM
lol its one year!! im so dopey! :D lol sorry i'm hungry, so i joined in july of 2005...:D :w:

Mawaddah
09-28-2006, 02:29 PM
^ I just can't be bothered to look thru it......and besides the sister is asking other stuff besides just how long have we been here.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-28-2006, 02:30 PM
but lol, our join date is right there lol, that kinda defeats the whole purpose lol

Helena
09-28-2006, 02:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Haven't you people ever seen this?

And I've been here for about a year.
this is wot i mean...hard to handle....lol.....

come on mod...give moi a break.....like sis sed...am asking diff quests to....not only one topic....am discussing....

i've joined here....been nearly 9 month....alhamulilah...time flies pretty quick...i guess..........

Helena
09-28-2006, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mazed
but lol, our join date is right there lol, that kinda defeats the whole purpose lol
yes i knw that.....another one.......:uuh: :uuh: :uuh: ........

am not bothered to calculate it......answer da other questions inshalah....

IbnAbdulHakim
09-28-2006, 02:34 PM
ok outta respect 4 da sis ive been here about 6 months, its benefited me greatly, and ye i met lotsa weirdo's, there all on ma MSN ;D

Helena
09-28-2006, 02:40 PM
i wanna knw more then this...how exactly it benefited u?....from which thread?...........

have any fav threads? that u wanna illustrate.......(it cud be possibly one of my thread)..............................

Al-Zaara
09-28-2006, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HAJI_HELENA

and the question is..........:D...........:D ............:D ...........:D ...............:D

how long have u been here? part of LI family?........how long exactly.....it cud be 5 yrs, or may-b more den that.....or even one day......

how has the forum benefited you?.......wanna share any thoughts?....has it changed u?...made u think deeper about islam?..........

possibly met weirdos here.......:rollseyes :uuh: :) :uuh: .....are jus hard to handle......................

come on let me hear it all inshalah...man am so hyped now...............:uuh: :uuh: :uuh: ................

:salamext:

But I had been viewing this thread a couple of months before I had decided to join... I hesistated 'cause I had never before joined any Islamic Forums and to be honest I thought Islamic Forums were a joke. Where people just chat about anything in general and people who are members of such forums don't know much about Islam. :X

But of course this isn't the case and so many members here have prooven me wrong.
I thought that the admins and moderators were just having fun and also didn't know much about Islam. :X

Well... Ansar Al-Adl, Fi Sabilillah, Far7an, Muhammed, Woodrow, zÂk, Labibah, Rabiya, Al-Mu'minah, Muezzin... and the list goes on and on--- They all have literally terminated all those prejudice thoughts I had, alhamdulillah. :happy:

My decision became final when I one day just had enough reading some very ignorant and stupid posts and saw that somebody had yet to kick their a**es.
So I decided that person would be moi. ;D And voilà, here I am. ;D

Well, I haven't exactly kicked anyone's a** but oh well... :okay:

I love this forum. May it be still alive until my 20th birtday and I can look back what I wrote in my teen years. ;D

I'm just talking, sorry if anybody has fallen asleep. :okay:

:wasalamex

Helena
09-28-2006, 02:48 PM
shukran for sharing this insight sis........inshalah may this forum be alive till u reach ur 20s.......

Al-Zaara
09-28-2006, 02:50 PM
shukran for sharing this insight sis........inshalah may this forum be alive till u reach ur 20s.......
Inshallah! :D

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-28-2006, 03:10 PM

I joined 25th of July 2005 (how precise:p). LI has helped me learn alot about Islam. I've changed alot since I joined LI, alhamdulillah. Alot of stuff has happened since my join date too.

I've met loaaaaads of sisters, and they're so lovely that the sisters section is one of my favourite sections, and alhamdulillah i'm helping moderate that section now.:)

So yeah... I have enjoyed my time immensely.

:wasalamex

The Ruler
09-28-2006, 06:01 PM

wel iv joind on de 13th o march 2005...its been a yr n a haf...n i must say ein ere iz de mst enjoyable tym i v :ahappy: xcept dem tyms wen derz hardly a membr on :mmokay:

but de rest o de tyms dis forum roks :happy: :thumbs_up

iv benefitted in many ways...ds forum made me get closr to islam..meet ppl dat r mor religious n made me want to b lyk em :happy:

it has created in me a greed o knowledge...also a sistrhood n friendship dat i wudnt find newer else :)...it has created in me dis feelin dat i wud do nefin ta helo sum1 n also do nefin for de ummah :) to unite it...n it is ere dat i feel most united wid dose dat i shud b united wid in real lyf :)

ders mor but i jus cant xplain...its a feeling dat no wrds can describe :)...a feeling o peace, unity and happiness :)

:w:

Hijaabi22
09-28-2006, 08:30 PM

cooooool thread :shade:

Well dis my story.... forums were NEVER my thing..... until I discovered Sami Yusuf (yep yep lets not go in2 whether its permissable to listen to the dude or not...he guuuuud ;).Anyways, I was OBSESSED WID DA GUY and his nasheeds, went 2 his site, which had a forum on it, I was literally an ADDICT! 4rm there loadsa ppz wud promote certain islamic sites n forums but me never was interseted. Joined another 1 totally 4got wat it was called (islam.forumwise.com???? sumat along those lines?) .Anyways there was loadsa LI members on there, bro Zak bein 1 of em....he was always LI dis n LI dat n LI dis n LI dat lol tuk me ages to figure out that LI was in fact a forum so me joined in September or sumat but me never used 2 visit the site cos I jus stik 2 one forum at a tym.... Anyways all the other forums died down after a while so bout 7/8 months later I became active on this forum....maaaaaaaannnnn been a rollercoaster lol....met loadsa wicked peeps on here ;), mashaAllah sum top people out there! As a member I was only here 4 the laff of it, wasnt really out 2 seek knowledge or wareva (i know i know sounds really bad), I wasnt very practisin but ALHAMDULILLAH i have benefited from the forum a lot, sis DAFFODIL and MAZ girls Ull never know how gr8ful I am to U gals, these sisters gimme sum wicked advice, which motivated me to start prayin cuppla months ago alhamdulillah me went 4rm 0 prayers to 4/5... luv ya gals! AS 4 username me has changed it bout a million tymssssssss lol started off as DA SoldiereSS_wid_a_1 at the end lol as bro Harun puts it, then people noticed I was a bit obsessed wid da colour pink so suggested loadsa names 4 me lol...my fave was ----------- (lol SO ME!) then changed to ---------- (yup so me again!) and noooow me is deeeee -----------! Hmmmmmmm wat else.... me bin warned tym n tym agaiiiiiin, I jus cant help be naughty at tyms lol,mods my apologies go out 2 u guys, as U may have noticed me has been a gud gal 4 quite sum tym now ;) lol

Anywayz dats my story wats UrS???

Hijaabi22
09-28-2006, 08:33 PM
ok outta respect 4 da sis ive been here about 6 months, its benefited me greatly, and ye i met lotsa weirdo's, there all on ma MSN ;D
wattttttttttt 6 MONTHS?? Dat allllll??? I wudda thought its bin bout 6 YEARS lukin at ya post count lol U must LIVE on here lol

Woodrow
09-28-2006, 08:44 PM
I have been here for 4 months and 15 days. But, who keeps track.

I have found this to be the most informative and tolerant forum I have been on. I am very impressed with the staff and the members.

Kittygyal
09-28-2006, 08:57 PM
salam.
humm just look at my profile am tired :(
w.salam

Sanobar
09-29-2006, 07:28 AM

well i joined LI on 2oth aug 2005.. its been more than year...:happy:

LI has contirbuted a lot to my deeni life{alhumdulilah} it has surely motivated me in evrysense.. 4rm wearing the hijab to prayin 5 times a day.... to meeting new ppl.. ... learnign more abt islam... {wich am sure i wudnt have if i didnt joinLI :p} AM JUS GLAD i JOINED LI :happy: and all thanx to a few ppl.. :):)

met wonderful frnds here... HIDAYAH...SAPPHIRE..ARWA....UMMSHAHEED...SIS MARYAM... :)

altogether LI has made me a better person and better MUSLIMAH! {alhumdulilah}

Snowflake
09-29-2006, 09:25 AM
I can't remember when I joined LI
My join date was changed..but don't ask why! :P

When I joined, Islamically I was a baby learning to crawl.
But alhumdulillah, I've learnt so much, that I now walk tall.

I can actually sit with people and tell them about deen.
Before I was muslim who wasn't heard, only seen.

When it comes to islamic forums, LI is the BEST!
So may Allah bless LI with even more success.

Ameen

:w: :p

Helena
09-29-2006, 10:30 AM
interesting responses sisters..shukran for sharing ur exciting time in da LI...

Ameen to the dua.......................

my story wud be...............for a sec i have forgotten the purpose of this thread.....:uuh: :uuh: :uuh: ...let moi scroll down....................:) :) :) .................................................. ...................:) .................................................. .................................................. .:uuh: .................................................. .................:playing: ...............................................:D .................................................. .................................

here we are..............................................: happy: :happy: :happy:

one upon time...........my lil bro joined diff forums.......suddenly i realised...........der must be islamic forums out there.......so i did a lil search........ended up joining couple of threads...my heart and mind wasnt satisfied........so i carried on.........and alhamdulilah...alhamdulilah..alhamdulilah.......i ended up here.......still remember my first ever thread was called 'stylish beard'.......are nasheeds becoming too mordenised......wallahi got soo many response in a day....den i realised this thread is totally alive, active.........

but firstly i was def shy......less confident...less addictive......but slowly started to post in diff areas....got the chance to knw most brothers and sisters here....shall stop wid my story.....making u all bored...:embarrass :eek: ...

Helena
09-29-2006, 11:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I have been here for 4 months and 15 days. But, who keeps track.

I have found this to be the most informative and tolerant forum I have been on. I am very impressed with the staff and the members.
LOL..who keeps track.....4months and 15 days?:rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes ...lol....

------
09-29-2006, 12:50 PM
**edit** :)

- Qatada -
09-29-2006, 03:13 PM

Alhamdulillah i joined last year in may.. life changing, and now the hadith;

"A person is likely to follow the faith of his friend, so look whom you befriend." [Abu Dawood and at-Tirmidhee]

It proper makes sense alhamdulillah.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
09-29-2006, 04:29 PM
I joined this site *checks profile* in May 2005...I wasn't always an active user because when you join a site you dont post straight away and on top of that the URL of this site was abit confusing. I remembered it was called LI but I thought the site was messed up or something because I used to type loadislam.com anyway after sometime I worked out that it was actually Islamicboard.com and 'Load-islam' was the homepage.

So here I am, everyone here gets along I think mainly because there are no secterian discussions lol (well it's one of the reasons). I used to think why dont they allow them but after viewing a few threads (before they were closed and trashed lol) about difrences in the sects I realised that everyone's sect is the right one and everbody elses is wrong *stops before he gets banned*.

Anyway I like this site because it has truly made me realise that together we stand and divided we fall *tries not to sound cliche*

The Ruler
09-29-2006, 04:42 PM
that together we stand and divided we fall
das my line :D:D:D:D

n anoda fing dat iz dat i find muslims dat i wudnt find round ma area :(

derz only lyk abt...i dunno...but relly les compared ta non-muslims :(

Re.TiReD
10-04-2006, 12:07 PM
i totally dissagree of course :rant: how has it benefitted you?

i dunno, in alot of ways really...i mean Li is always there is i wanna ask a question and there's some top peepz here :happy: :okay: ;D :)

the sistaz are kool, dont know the broz but i really feel like im part of something here, plus i think i've learnt much more bout me deen, cant name specific threads but i just lurrrve it!

is that enough? lol :D :w:

10-04-2006, 12:12 PM
I've been here for about 7 months :p The best bit is the sisters section;) It feels like a biiiiiiiiiiiig sisterhood with lotsa lovely sisters to advise u when ever u need it :wub: :wub: :wub:

DigitalStorm82
10-04-2006, 12:15 PM
Well lets say this...

I have 2 browsers... Avant and Firefox...

Avant is for research and what not... I have about 10 (websites)tabs open in that browser.

Firefox.. I have about 6-8 Forum (websites) open...

AND... I haven't used any other forum except LI for ages! lol

Re.TiReD
10-04-2006, 12:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rose_Ice
I've been here for about 7 months :p The best bit is the sisters section;) It feels like a biiiiiiiiiiiig sisterhood with lotsa lovely sisters to advise u when ever u need it :wub: :wub: :wub:

very true...:wub:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
10-04-2006, 05:45 PM
The brotherssss section is sooooooooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooood i mean it sooooooooooo fun and intresting, it's all about the brotherhoood. *3 times shoulder to shoulder hugs with the brothers of LI*

DigitalStorm82
10-04-2006, 05:48 PM
I dont even know where the brothers section is lol

Hijaabi22
10-04-2006, 09:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DigitalStorm82
I dont even know where the brothers section is lol
ahahaahah jus goes to show that the bros point is so untrue, sisters section is da place2 be :shade: NO BOYS ALLOWED ! HA! Lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.