/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Awrah and PE!?

Fishman
09-28-2006, 04:45 PM
:sl:
I know it is forbidden to see another man's legs above the knee, or show anybody this area. But in PE loads of people wear shorts that are too short which makes it difficult to avoid seeing somebody's awah, and you have to change in a group changing room with no cubicles. Does anybody have any advice?

PS: getting exempted from PE is not an option. They wouldn't even let me do that temporarily for my first Ramadan.
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
09-28-2006, 04:48 PM

try changin in a corner....lyk de farthest side...turn around to wer derz no1 n aftr gettin changd, run of to de gym....der usually iz a toilet in de changin rooms...ent ur skul got 1 :? :?...u can chnge in der...

Fishman
09-28-2006, 04:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Glacier*+

try changin in a corner....lyk de farthest side...turn around to wer derz no1 n aftr gettin changd, run of to de gym....der usually iz a toilet in de changin rooms...ent ur skul got 1 :? :?...u can chnge in der...
Go into the corner: might work

Run to the gym: instant detention for skiving!

Toilet: has no cubicle around it! Probably not finished!

~Stranger~
09-28-2006, 06:42 PM
err whats PE?? :?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rabi'ya
09-28-2006, 06:44 PM

PE = physical Education (sport/games in school)

Rabi'ya:rose:

DigitalStorm82
09-28-2006, 09:45 PM
I had to deal with that too...

Unfortunately there isn't much that you can do to stop seeing such things accept look at the floor.

But advice on changing... I suggest you go really early or really late... so the locker room is somewhat "empty"

The other option.. may not be easy to get... become the attendance person. you still get credit for gym class... only that you don't change or play.. you do stuff for the teachers like taking attendance and keeping things in order at the office.

Not seeing Awrah of another person will definitely not go well with the principal of the school so you just have to find other means.

I used to wear sweat pants... we had an option between sweatpants vs shorts. So at least you can do your part Inahallah.

salaamz

syilla
09-29-2006, 10:24 AM
lol...hmm....it easier if you can change under the 'kain sarong'...

but i don't know how to translate 'kain sarong' to english :D :D :D :D

if you can use kain sarong that...you will not reveal your awrah...

S_87
09-29-2006, 10:30 AM

go in a corner and change with a towel around you as protection :)

Malaikah
09-29-2006, 11:39 AM

^i agree with the towel idea

'kain sarong'
syilla, its like a wrap around skirt isnt it? :D except that men wear it too.. ^o)

AQSA
09-29-2006, 11:47 AM
Try changing in the showers, if you have any at your school....

If not then try to make sure your either the first or last person to get changed- that way you wont be seen nor will you see other people getting changed.

DigitalStorm82
09-29-2006, 11:52 AM
oooor.... you can wear the uniform underneath your clothes lol I've done that before... during the winter time though... wouldn't dare in summer.

Fishman
09-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Things work really differently in UK schools to US schools.
1. No lockers, just leave your stuff on a bench.

2.It's law to do two hours of PE in Britain, so just being the attendance person is no good.

3. You can't get there early, the door is locked.

4. No towels.

We do have showers, but their obselete, nobody uses them! I changed in there today.

but i don't know how to translate 'kain sarong' to english
We just use the word sarong. But in the West only women usually wear sarongs.

ishkabab
09-29-2006, 04:26 PM
this incident reminds of high school when we had to change in the girls locker room with sooooooo many girls changing in front of u (and trust me nobody had shame) ....man i dont wanna look at u and i dont want u looking at me....so i would go and change in the bath room....

DigitalStorm82
09-29-2006, 06:40 PM
We do have showers, but their obselete, nobody uses them! I changed in there today.
Perfect! If no one uses them... You can! :D

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-29-2006, 06:46 PM
ohhhh i hate PE..! cnt seriousli stand it.. i skive mst of mine anyway 8-)

juz go around da corner n hide :D lol or like bro digital sed, wear it under ur uniform :giggling:

أحمد
10-04-2006, 06:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman

2.It's law to do two hours of PE in Britain, so just being the attendance person is no good.

4. No towels.

:sl: As a very long resitant of UK, in Birmingham; I got enough time to learn some tricks myself, including four years of NO P.E. lessons in secondary school (first four) and in year 11 I chose JSLA (Junior Sports Leadership Award) instead, where I completed the book at the start of the year, and as I did in the past; I showed the PE teacher a doctors sick-note. Many doctors around here will give you a sick note which lasts upto six months for just £8.00. If you still wish to participate in the lessons; you can produce a note stating that you must do it in full clothing etc. Sometimes it becomes necessary to lie/lesser evil to avoid the greater evil/uncovering.

I can give further advice on this :inshallah if you want.

syilla
10-04-2006, 06:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman

4. No towels.

in east asia...we have sarong for guys and girls....so they have different pattern :D :D :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.