/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i need help

DAWUD_adnan
09-28-2006, 05:25 PM
hey guys, this is the first ramadhan im planning to the mosque to pray magrib i know its stupid i didnt go earlier:hiding: :offended: :( bu tplease help me i know that some mosques got free food there to do iftar but do i need to do iftar at home or should i visit the mosque and hav eiftar there if they do it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Stranger~
09-28-2006, 06:44 PM
:sl:
i cant really help u but i know my bro goes to the masjid before magrib and comes back after salah when we r eating, i think they probably eat dates and pray and then go home to eat iftar
:w:

Hijaabi22
09-28-2006, 09:10 PM
hmm well wat my dad does is he opens the fast with family at home n then as soon as its maghrib tym goes 2 da mosque to pray and then cums home n finishes eatin...but thers a gap of 10 mins between openin the fast n maghrib namaaz, 4 me 10 mins is enuf tym in which to eat...I normally do whudu b4 the fast opens,

Kittygyal
09-28-2006, 09:14 PM
salam.
well i know in "some" mosques they break there fast with a date && then pray && some people stay to eat or some don't but it depends what mosque because my step dad's nephews goes to mosque break sfast there with date && water && then perform his prayer && then once finishes he comes home && eats so yeah you don't have to eat there, but Alhamdulillah it will be great to eat with the brothers you can have brotherhood && get the touch of love of brotherhood so yeah eat there like once in a week inshallah :)
w.salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DigitalStorm82
09-28-2006, 09:49 PM
Bro, its better to break your fast among muslims... so if you're a revert... I strongly suggest you break your fast at the mosque... actually we should all break our fast at the mosque... because its more blessings with a bigger gathering...

but don't forget about your family either.... moms spend all day making delicious food for us.. :)

- Qatada -
09-30-2006, 07:25 PM
:salamext:

Is it better to break the fast at home or in the mosque?

Question:

Is it better to have iftar in the mosque after praying or better to pray at the mosque then go home to have iftar with your family?.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

If what the questioner is referring to is food that is eaten to distinguish between the time of fasting and the time when it is permissible to eat, such as eating dates and drinking water and so on, then it is mustahabb to hasten to do that, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The people will continue to be fine so long as they hasten to break the fast.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1957; Muslim, 1098. See also question no. 13999.

But if what is meant is what people eat after praying (the iftar meal), then there is nothing narrated concerning that in the Sunnah as far as I know, but each person must weigh up different factors. Eating iftar in the mosque with the congregation serves the interest of bringing Muslims together and helping them get to know one another and become friends, reviving the spirit of cooperation and so on.

Eating iftar with the family at home serves the interest of bringing the family together, discussing family matters, reinforcing the bonds between family members, teaching children the etiquette of eating and conversing, and so on; it increases the love between husband and wife, and between parents and children, and so on.

What the head of the household must do is strike a balance between these interests. He could choose some days to eat iftar with his family and some days to eat iftar with the congregation in the mosque, whilst noting that his duty to take care of his family and children, teaching them the etiquette and teachings of Islam takes precedence over the naafil action of meeting with friends in the mosque, because he can meet them at Taraweeh prayers or in a general gathering and so on.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...=dates%20water

DigitalStorm82
09-30-2006, 11:49 PM
Jazakallah Khair

What about reverts? If they are the only muslims in their family. Im guessing they should go to the mosque to be around other muslims.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!