/* */

PDA

View Full Version : wrong choice?

AnonymousPoster
09-28-2006, 09:32 PM
:sl: i am currently studying mental nursing(diploma) and wanted to move to saudi arabia, however i know this might sound silly but adult or child nurses will get a job easily there but mental nurses will have it harder i dont even know if there are mental hospitals there. plz help.:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
09-29-2006, 01:41 PM
Surely people in Saudi suffer from mental health problems too ... ?

Alternatively, if you are studying mental health nursing, can you not add to your nurse training to get additional qualification in another area? Even if it takes you another year or so ...

Durrah
09-29-2006, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Surely people in Saudi suffer from mental health problems too ... ?
Yea, they do Glo. The problem is with some muslims is that they're in denial about mental health issues and tend to blame everything on the 'jinn' (spirt possesion). I remember my dad telling me how one of his cousins back home was tied to a tree for months because he had mental issues at the time. Like doing that was going to help cure him?! Thankfully he's much better now and has moved on with his life but there is little diagonisis, treatment or help available in some muslim countries (like my own). Some of it is down to poverty and lack of funds avaiable to the mental health service and some of it is ignorance of mental health related issues as well as it being a taboo in some cases.

جوري
09-30-2006, 12:33 AM
that really is a crying shame... there is nothing in my opinion as horrible as diseases of the mind... as they are rampant and so misunderstood... and can have deadly consequences if the family is ignorant on top of everything else... especially with schizophrenia, depression and seizures... there are so many great meds out there to correct the chemical imbalances.... Can't think of anything worst than ignorance. =(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DigitalStorm82
09-30-2006, 03:42 AM
Mental disease is so bad.. that is why it is said.. the qalm(pen) is lifted (no deeds are recorded) while the person sleeps, before puberty, and while mentally ill.

but not lets get offtrack... someone in that region.. please help the sister/brother.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.