/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What are your views on Musharraf?

AvarAllahNoor
09-29-2006, 08:17 AM
Is he better than previous Primeministers?

Has he changed Pakistan for the better, if so what changes has he implemented for you to say he's made Pakistan better?

Have tensions with India decreased since he took over power?

And is the below statment true? Is a practicing muslim?

''Musharraf is known to openly drink alcohol and boasts about his love of whisky. He also keeps dogs, which Muslims regard as unclean.''

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
09-29-2006, 09:50 AM
My views do not match any of those. I do believe he is quite intelligent and a very articulate speaker. However, I do not live in Pakistan and I do not know how life under him compares with life under any of the previous leaders.

One concern I do have. Do you have a source for this statement or is it personal opinion?

''Musharraf is known to openly drink alcohol and boasts about his love of whisky. He also keeps dogs, which Muslims regard as unclean.''

AvarAllahNoor
09-29-2006, 10:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
My views do not match any of those. I do believe he is quite intelligent and a very articulate speaker. However, I do not live in Pakistan and I do not know how life under him compares with life under any of the previous leaders.

One concern I do have. Do you have a source for this statement or is it personal opinion?

Musharraf was raised in a family that is considered Unislamic by Pakistani standards.[citation needed] The women of the family are unsequestered and seen and photographed in public without Hijab. His mother worked for the ILO and was friends with well-known Pakistani liberals. His daughter is an architect and his son was educated at Harvard University.

Shortly after coming to power, and on numerous occasions afterwards, Musharraf expressed admiration for the secularist reformer of Turkey, Kemal Atatürk who abolished the Khilafah, outraging religious citizens in the country. However in Parliament he was in alliance with the Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal an Islamic alliance, some of whose leaders still publicly support the Taliban regime. Additionally, Musharraf has expressed admiration for the long-time 1980s Martial Law dictator of Balochistan, General Rahimuddin Khan, whose reign witnessed controversy over his conservative, authoritarian style of government, as well as unprecedented stability and economic expansion.

Musharraf is known to openly drink alcohol and boasts about his love of whisky. He also keeps dogs, which Muslims regard as unclean.

At the same time, the conduct and procedure of national elections in Pakistan has been criticised by Human Rights groups within Pakistan, including the world renowned human rights activist, Asma Jehangir.

Source Wikipedia!

Woodrow
09-29-2006, 11:58 AM
Thank You, that explains my son-in-law's negative attitude about him. I asked my S-I-L about him but all he would say is he will not talk about Musharraf

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Vaseline
09-29-2006, 12:04 PM
1) Wikipedia is really not all that reliable. I'm not even allowed to use it as a reference for my assignments :rollseyes

2) All I am going to say is that people who are of a higher status and have money are not practicing Muslims. Many middle-class Pakistanis are, but the elite...they're a totally different story.

Zulkiflim
09-29-2006, 12:04 PM
Salaam,

He is a moderate muslim,,,,that explain all...

AvarAllahNoor
09-29-2006, 12:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vaseline
1) Wikipedia is really not all that reliable. I'm not even allowed to use it as a reference for my assignments :rollseyes

2) All I am going to say is that people who are of a higher status and have money are not practicing Muslims. Many middle-class Pakistanis are, but the elite...they're a totally different story.
So what about the Saudi Arabs? Mecca is siruated there, are they as bad or do they folllow Sharia Law etc?

S_87
09-29-2006, 01:00 PM
i think him and the rest of the muslim leaders are the same...

and Allah knows best

Skillganon
09-29-2006, 01:02 PM
Oyeah. I noticed wikipedia is used as a character defamation.
Hardly a place one will call "Encylopedia".

I am sure everyone has noticed a trend.

- Qatada -
09-29-2006, 01:07 PM
:salamext:

If this thread has any form of backbiting or slandering - it's going to be closed insha'Allaah.

Peace.

Keltoi
09-29-2006, 02:33 PM
I can't help it...when I think of Musharaff now all I can think of are these words.."I can't answer your questions because I have been told by Simon & Schuster that I cannot". Has anyone ever heard of a sitting president, prime minister, etc refusing to answer a question about national relations because of a book deal?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-29-2006, 02:58 PM
I dont trust these so called "Muslim" leaders.
Allah knows best.
I just worry about me, my family, and the Muslim Ummah.

Vaseline
09-29-2006, 07:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
So what about the Saudi Arabs? Mecca is siruated there, are they as bad or do they folllow Sharia Law etc?
What I stated was just my personal observation from the my trips to Pakistan.

Hijrah
09-29-2006, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

He is a moderate muslim,,,,that explain all...
sorry, what is meant by a moderate muslim? Not Musharraf, he is an extermist liberal, Muhammad (SAAS) even said to be Moderate..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.