/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dream Thread

umrah2004
06-16-2005, 08:02 AM
Assalamualykum,

I would like to share my experience of a beautiful dream I had.

When I was 12 years old I went to Arabia for UMRAH with my mother and grandfather. It was the month of July when I returned home from my pilgrimige, it was hot, so I decided to lay next to the window so I could cool by the breeze. Soon after, I fell asleep, I had a dream that I was doing tawaf around the Kaba. I can hear people reciting Q'uran around me and begging for forgivness from ALLAH.
I hear someone calling my name in the most beautiful voice, the voice was sweet and gentle almost like a whisper. No- one else can hear it, but me.
I look around to search for the owner of such a beautiful voice, no-one is looking at me or calling me name, so I start to recite Quran again.
There it was again, I heard my name again.
By this time I was approaching the Kaba door, there standing on the door was a man of medium hight and build, he wore a long white jubba (arabian mens dress), he wore a white turban, his hands, feet and face had no form but were just noor, beautiful white light. He called my name and held out his hand, "Come to me" he said in a sweet beautiful voice. He hld his hand out and I reached to it, I drifted above the other people and stood on the Kaba door beside him and holding hands we watched the people doing tawaf.
When I awoke from this dream I just sat up and couldn't move I couldn't speak, I was frozen in deep thought and reflection. At such a young age.
Now almost 7 years later I can still remember the dream like it was yesterday.

At that time I was only young and didn't search so far as to see what the meaning of the dream could have been. But now I am VERY intrested to find out the meaning of such a beautiful dream.
I told my father about the dream and he said that the shaytan can not imitate the form of a PROPHET.
So, who was the man in my dream ?
I have posted this message to see if anyone of the senior members or people of understanding could help me see what this dream was. I understand that dreams can't be completly interpreted. But please can someone help me, I want to be able to act on the meaning INSHALLAH.
Jazakhallah.
May the blessings of ALLAH be on all the PROPHETS and all the UMMAH that ever lived and on those that are yet to live.
Ameen
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Brother_Mujahid
06-16-2005, 10:56 AM
If you saw the prophet then you would know you saw the prophet in your dream

wasalam

bro_faz
06-16-2005, 11:03 AM
Hmmm.... i agree, you would know if it was one of our prophets, i suggest you ask a scholar!

aamirsaab
06-16-2005, 11:07 AM
:sl:
I would count it as a blessing: If it truly was the prophet (saw) then you are one lucky person :).
What does your heart tell you? - do you BELIEVE it is the prophet? If you are unsure of it then dont pay too much attention to it as it was just a dream. Meaning, don't let it get to you too much - Inshallah, one day your question will be answered. Be patient and the answer will come to you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Arwa
06-16-2005, 03:47 PM
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

How do you know that it was the prophet peace be upom him? *unsure*

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-16-2005, 06:42 PM
Assalamo-alaikum-warahmatullahi-wabrakatu

I've seen him 3 times !!
ALLAH HU AKBAR - mashallah you are sooooooooooo lucky bro

May allah tala show us all the beloved Prophet (Sallallahoalahiwassalam) in our dreams - ameeeeeeeeeeeeeen

root
06-16-2005, 07:09 PM
Dreams were a big interest of mine once and I did a lot od research and as always here are some science facts about dreams:

1. We rarely dream a single dream beyond 5 minutes in length, reciting a dream often prompts people to say "then all of a sudden I was here or their etc etc. You should take this as two dreams "connecting" the teller will tell it as a single dream but they are multiple and not connected but can be connected by an emotional state.

2. Deep heavy sleepers are the least likely to remember dreams for we do not dream in deep sleep.

3. When dreaming your whole body goes into paralysis other than organs/systems required for life support. Often reflected as "heavy" legs when trying to run in a dream. This prevents you acting out your dream.

4. Your body needs not just sleep but to dream, and you will deteriate very quickly with absence of dreaming states.

5. Your brain is as responsive and busy during sleep as it is when awake.

6. Sleep paralysis I hear is not a nice experience, this is a dream like state that keeps you in paralysis whilst you are "waken"

Dreams have many bebefits to the Human mind and one benefit of this is that the body is able to experience a range of emotions quite safely that it otherwise could not experience such as your "Dream". We may experience how it feels to suffer the loss of a loved one or as your dream indicated a real meeting with your god. Thier is a danger when we try to take dreams too literally and search for a meaning, my advice is cherish how you felt during your dream. But don't take it too seriously........................................

Regards

I love dreaming, from sexual dreams to real horror stories, out of interest how do Muslim's take dreams of a sexual nature since it is very common amongst young men in particular. A wet dream I think we call it

Khattab
06-16-2005, 08:42 PM
:sl: Root

There is nothing wrong in getting wet dreams nor is it a sin, as mentioned in the following Hadith:

Narrated Ali Ibn Abu Talib

There are three whose actions are not recorded: a lunatic whose mind is deranged till he is restored to consciousness, a sleeper till he awakes, and a boy till he reaches puberty. (Sunan Abu Dawood Vol. 3, Hadith No. 4389)

http://www.irf.net/irf/dtp/dawah_tec...in+Islam&hl=en

A7med
06-18-2005, 06:45 PM
A lot of people have told me that if the PROPHET (SAW) is seen in a dream he dose not speak, and just uses hand movements.

Ibn Syed
06-18-2005, 06:53 PM

By: Dr. Abu Ameenah Bilal Phillips: Islamic Studies Book 2

Seeing the Prophet(pbuh)

Many people have claimed to have seen the prophet(pbuh) and to have received special guidance from him. Some claim that their visions were in dreams and others claim to have actually seen him while they were awake. Those who make such claims are usually highly honored by common people. They often introduce a variety of religious innovations and attribute them to the prophet(pbuh). The basis of these claims rests on the hadeeth(authentic) reported by Abu Hurayrah, Abu Qatadah, and Jabir Ibn Abdullah in which the prophet said, "He who saw me in a dream in fact saw me, for Satan cannot assume my form." This Hadeeth is Saheeh and reliable and thus cannot be denied or distrusted. However there are some points which should be noted concerning its meaning:

(a) The Hadeeth confirms that fact that Satan can come in dreams in various forms and invite man to misguidance.

(b) The Hadeeth states that Satan cannot take form or appearance of the prophet(pbuh).

(c) The Hadeeth also confirms the fact that the prophet form may be seen in dreams.

Since the prophet(pbuh) made the statement about dreams to his companions who were familiar with his appearance it means that if one who knows exactly what the prophet (pbuh) looks like sees someone fitting that description in a dream he could be sure that Alah (swt) has blessed him with a vision of the prophet(pbuh) that is because Allah(swt) has prohibited Satan from taking the actual form of the prophet(pbuh). This also means that Satan can appear in dreams to those unfamiliar with the prophets (pbuh) appearance and claim to be Allah's messenger. He may then prescribe religious innovations for the dreamer or inform him that he is Al-Mahdi, the awaited reformer, or even prophet Isa who is to return in the last days. The number of individuals who have started innovations or made such claims based on dreams are countless people are particularly inclined to accept such claims because of their misunderstanding of the various implications of the Hadeeth. Since the Shariah is complete the claim that the prophet has come in dreams with new additions must be false.

Hadeeth was collected by Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawood.

umrah2004
06-19-2005, 06:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab

What does your heart tell you? - do you BELIEVE it is the prophet?
My heart says yes it is

umrah2004
06-19-2005, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn Syed

By: Dr. Abu Ameenah Bilal Phillips: Islamic Studies Book 2

Seeing the Prophet(pbuh)

Many people have claimed to have seen the prophet(pbuh) and to have received special guidance from him. Some claim that their visions were in dreams and others claim to have actually seen him while they were awake. Those who make such claims are usually highly honored by common people. They often introduce a variety of religious innovations and attribute them to the prophet(pbuh). The basis of these claims rests on the hadeeth(authentic) reported by Abu Hurayrah, Abu Qatadah, and Jabir Ibn Abdullah in which the prophet said, "He who saw me in a dream in fact saw me, for Satan cannot assume my form." This Hadeeth is Saheeh and reliable and thus cannot be denied or distrusted. However there are some points which should be noted concerning its meaning:

(a) The Hadeeth confirms that fact that Satan can come in dreams in various forms and invite man to misguidance.

(b) The Hadeeth states that Satan cannot take form or appearance of the prophet(pbuh).

(c) The Hadeeth also confirms the fact that the prophet form may be seen in dreams.

Since the prophet(pbuh) made the statement about dreams to his companions who were familiar with his appearance it means that if one who knows exactly what the prophet (pbuh) looks like sees someone fitting that description in a dream he could be sure that Alah (swt) has blessed him with a vision of the prophet(pbuh) that is because Allah(swt) has prohibited Satan from taking the actual form of the prophet(pbuh). This also means that Satan can appear in dreams to those unfamiliar with the prophets (pbuh) appearance and claim to be Allah's messenger. He may then prescribe religious innovations for the dreamer or inform him that he is Al-Mahdi, the awaited reformer, or even prophet Isa who is to return in the last days. The number of individuals who have started innovations or made such claims based on dreams are countless people are particularly inclined to accept such claims because of their misunderstanding of the various implications of the Hadeeth. Since the Shariah is complete the claim that the prophet has come in dreams with new additions must be false.

Hadeeth was collected by Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawood.

All of this, well its kind of complecated and does not really answer the question

Ataraxis
06-19-2005, 07:30 PM
VERY interesting! If it was the Prophet (SAW), then you are very lucky. Inshallah you'll find the answer...:rose: :)

Uthman
06-19-2005, 07:45 PM

Wow! That must have been an enlightening experience :shade:. At the same time, we must all keep open-minded. :)

Ibn Syed
06-20-2005, 04:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by umrah2004
All of this, well its kind of complecated and does not really answer the question
In short it is saying that I could have been satan pretending to be the prophet. We don't know how the prophet looked so we will never know if it was satan or the prophet? Satan could be the one behind it all. Sorry if I didn't clarify enough.

muslimah-88
06-20-2005, 06:12 AM
i thought that if u saw the Prophet saw in ur dream ur not supposed to tell anyone??

al faqeer
06-20-2005, 07:20 AM

Al-Bukhari and Muslim and other compilers of Hadith report that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have said, “Whoever sees me in a dream will see me in his wakefulness, and Satan cannot imitate me in shape.”

this sister has sincerely said she has seen sayidina Wa habeebina Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم we should not doubt her but congratulate her and ask AllaH SWT to give us the same Honor Ameen Yaa Rabal 3aalameen .

اللهم صل وسلم وبارك على سيدنا وحبيبنا وشفيعنا محمد وعلى آله وصحبه وسلم

http://www.islamonline.net/fatwa/eng...hFatwaID=40237

Ibn Syed
06-20-2005, 02:32 PM
Have you people read my post earlier here. Since satan cannot assume the prophets(pbuh) form satan could have looked like anything else and said I am the prophet. And we would not know if it was satan or the prophet(pbuh) because we don't know what the prophet(pbuh) looked like.

Ukhti_TM
06-20-2005, 03:11 PM

i'm no dream interpratator [sp?] but if you saw Rasulullah [saw] then either some one tells you it is him or you know it is him.

Sister muslimah-88 - you're right sister but do you really think anyone cares i've pointed this out before n just got laughed and ignored by.

Rasulullah[saw] does speak when inshallah he guides you.

asiya
06-20-2005, 05:32 PM
i had a friend who dreamt that she was in heaven and the prophet greeted her. she said that she just sensed that it was the prophet(s.a.w.). just trust what your heart tells you, and may allah be with you.

bronumba1
07-08-2005, 04:20 PM
Assalamualicum brothers and sisters,
inshaAllah if anyone has or had a nice, and unforgetable dream then please fell free to mention it here so other brothers and sisters can read it and maybe even take benifit form it, in trying to increase in doing good deeds. As it is also sunnah to mention good dreams,

since i had this blessed previligies to experience this wonderful dream which i had, i thought i might aswell share it with brothers and sisters of islamica.

well here it goes...

i went to sleep as normal by doing wudu, as it is sunnah to do so, and then just before fajar i saw this amazing dream.
i saw my self in a beautiful surrounding, in a manifisant mansion, the walls of the mansion were totally uncomparable to the buildings of this world at the centre of the mansion there was a amazing fountain which was pouring out water in the most beautiful way, the walls of this building were very beautiful, which were of creamy colour, the mansion had balconeys which were very big and beautifully decorated with patterns of different colours some of which i never had seen before,
i remember my self then entering a room which was beautiful than the whole world, decorated with very nice colours, there were pillows, with nice patterns on it, madeof silk and many other fabrics.
i then saw very very very, attractive women sitting in the room, i remember going up to them and touching their smooth and shinny long hair which was blond/brownish colour, they were very attractive, no women can be compared to their beauty, after seeing them and touching their hair i went out of the room and then continued to inspect the unimaginiable building whilst looking up and down, left and right looking at the wonders which were in front of me, this 'place' had birds singing, with water or something like it, pouring out of the fountians, and the atmosphere was one of peace, and tranquility, you felt like that time did not exist in that place, no feelling of remorse, or sorrow was felt. you can almost imagine how it is, then the dream continued but thats all i can remember.........

all i can say that this was an experience which is beyond words, words can not describe the beauty of this place. i could not believe it afterwards as to what i had seen and witnessed

"Ya Allah Please Allow us to experience this, forever in Jannah and please make it easy for us to die with iman and enter jannah" Amin! :brother:

Umm Yoosuf
07-08-2005, 04:47 PM
Wa Alaikumussalaam!

Ameen to the du'a. Wow what an amazing dream masha Allah!

I haven't been having any clear dreams lately :(.

Angel24
07-08-2005, 06:51 PM
wow bronumba1 brother...
that really was a beautiful dream.....
and u know water in dream means very good...
water means lightness...

Hajar
07-08-2005, 07:00 PM
Assalamu alaykum wr wb,

MashaAllah very nice dream...

Abu Hurayrah narrated Muhammad (S) said, "There are three types of dreams: a righteous dream which is glad tidings from Allah, the dream which causes sadness is from Shaitan, and a dream from the ramblings of the mind." (Sahih Muslim)

This dream is definatly from, the glad tidings from Allah :)

Wa salam

bronumba1
07-08-2005, 10:48 PM
Assalamualicum JAzzak Allah for the comments may Allah (Swt) make it easy for every muslim to be steadfast on islam and die with iman. Amin! :brother:

Z
07-08-2005, 11:09 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

The chirping of birds means that a gald tiding will be given/received shortly. Also, seeing a mansion in a dream is regarded to be good. Climbing (entering) such a mansion means the beholder will attain lofty position during their lifetime. Good fortune and happiness are in store for him.

Allahu Alim.

bronumba1
07-08-2005, 11:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul
Asalamu Alaikum

The chirping of birds means that a gald tiding will be given/received shortly. Also, seeing a mansion in a dream is regarded to be good. Climbing (entering) such a mansion means the beholder will attain lofty position during their lifetime. Good fortune and happiness are in store for him.

Allahu Alim.
JAzzakAllah brother for this beautiful interpetation

MAy Allah (Swt) give us all the chance to enter Jannah Amin! :brother:

junna1
07-09-2005, 01:33 AM

Masha allah bro that was a very beautiful dream. :thumbs_up May Allah make it come true for you and May Allah enter us all into Jannah. :D Ameen.

Pinkrose
07-10-2005, 12:57 AM

WOW!! Mashallah bro!! That was a very beautiful dream!! May Allah make it come true for you Inshallah!!

btw: I would share some of my dreams that i had but i really can't remember cuz' it's been a while since i had a dream that was NORMAL!! :'( :D

:w: :wilted_ro

Pinkrose
07-10-2005, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
:lol:

It's funny HUH?!!

:w: :shade:

Rabi'ya
09-03-2005, 10:05 PM

Does anyone know a website where I can find information on ISlamic interpretations of dreams?

It would be most helpful inshaAllah

Jazak Allah Kher in advance

Rabi'ya:rose:

Ameeratul Layl
09-22-2005, 09:38 AM

I quite like my title, its kind of catchy isnt it? ;D ;D

Anyway, I was just wondering (because I had a weird dream today)....are dreams true? I mean....are we allowed to believe that Allah is trying to tell us something? Is there a hidden meaning in them?

M3 Salaam
Raiyhana :wilted_ro

S_87
09-22-2005, 02:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Raiyhana

I quite like my title, its kind of catchy isnt it? ;D ;D

Anyway, I was just wondering (because I had a weird dream today)....are dreams true? I mean....are we allowed to believe that Allah is trying to tell us something? Is there a hidden meaning in them?

M3 Salaam
Raiyhana :wilted_ro

it really depends
some dreams may be true
some dreams reflect what your thinking about
some dreams and your thoughts playing about
some dreams are bad from shaytaan

so you cant really say :)

miskeen ahmad
09-23-2005, 04:20 AM
It is a great blessing of God upon you to see our holy prophet in a dream. I request you to read a biography of the holy prophet by Karen Armstrong.
with regards
your brother

Rabi'ya
09-23-2005, 07:57 PM
Does no-one have any info on this?!?

Rabi'ya:rose:

Mu'maneen
09-24-2005, 01:35 PM

Be very careful when looking at websites that interpret dreams as many seem unauthentic.

As well as that you may believe one dream is interpreted as what is written, even though what is written is correct, but due to the circumstances of the dream and the life of the person, the dream would be interpreted differently.

I translate Dreams for Brothers and Sisters of Islam, so if there is any dream who want translating, you may contact me Inshah'Allah at:

comet4562006@hotmail.co.uk

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:
http://hstrial-besmail.homestead.com/islam.html

Ameeratul Layl
09-26-2005, 07:51 AM
salaam,

I really have to share this dream I had with every1.
I had a dream on sunday, just before the bird came and sat on my window ledge to wake me up for Fajr (God Bless that bird).

Anyway, the dream was so funny, here it goes:

I was in my old school playground with all my old friends. There was a ice cream van parked on my left hand side.
I told my friends that I have a surprise to show them.....

NEXT MINUTE....SAS pops out from behind the ice cream van. Something happens and the next minute I know...I'm playing catch the tennis ball with SAS. I signal to SAS to throw the ball to me and no one else (my friends were all standing in the middle trying to get hold of the ball). I start feeling thirsty and rather hungry so I shout to the ice cream van: 'Can I have two ice creams...one for me and the shiekh.'

Next minute......a ice cream comes flying from the sky (weird or what). Then, my dream broke.
The bird that wakes me up at Fajr was singing away.

I cant stop laughing.
I think I've cracked up

m3 salaam

Far7an
09-26-2005, 07:56 AM
Assalamu alaikum

threads merged.

SaBiNa
10-07-2005, 09:47 PM
asalam alikum ppl
hpe u al gud

i ad dis dream or nytmare a couple of days ago n i wana knw da meanin of it cud sum 1 help me plz

Muhammad
10-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Threads merged.

Please see the following link which should clear up the matter Insha'Allaah:

How can we cure nightmares ?

eyes_of_mine
10-19-2005, 06:52 AM
Salam Alyakum brothers and sisters in Islam

Thought I would start a topic on dreams as I have had some weird and magnificent dreams in my time and deeply interested as to why I would dream such things, before I reverted to Islam I would browse for ages through dreams and their meanings and dreams websites desperatley trying to make sense of anything I had dreamt.

Since becoming Muslim elhamdolelah I have since discovered that as always Islam provides answers and covers all topics :love:

Well I thought this would be a good oppertunity to discuss dreams we have had and try to know what the meaning is (if your interested)

I know that in hadith there is information about dreams, let me get it for those who might not of seen it or just to refresh your memorys.

087:113 Narrated By Abu Qatada
The Prophet said : "A true good dream is from Allah and a bad dream is from satan"

087:114 Narrated By Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri
The Prophet Said, " If anyone of you see's a dream that he likes, then it is from Allah, and he should thank Allah for it and Narrate it to others: But if he see's something else i.e, a dream that he dislikes, then it is from satan, and he should seek refuge with Allah from it's evil, and he should not mention it to anybody for it will not harm him."

I have a book on dreams and interpretations by Allamah Muhammad Bin Sireen, its most interesting .

For example at the start of ramadam in my dream I could hear the Athaan , and as soon as I heard it I woke up almost immediatley and was shocked I heard allah akbar calling to prayer in my sleep when I do not live near a masjid that does call to prayer and anyway as you know in UK we do not have the speakers (I wish we did wow imagine that!)

In this book it says Hearing the Athaan in ones dream during the months of Hajj (shawwal, zil-QA'DAH AND 10 DAYS OF zIL-hIJJAH), IT MEANS THE OBSERVER OF THE DREAM WILL PERFORM hAJJ, iT COULD ASLO MEAN he will attain respectability in matters of the Deen.

Hearing the Athaan in any other month than Thil-Hijjah: If the Athaan is heard in any other month besides the months of Hajj it means he will impart the knowledge of the Deen through discourses and lectures. The same applies if the Athaan is heard in streets and lanes.

Now the best bit ! I have been solidly listening to lectures and Im taking up arabic course !

my freind sister N, a member here had this amazing dream that she was walking round the karba in mecca with two men (Im sure it was men it could of been 2 figures) one was short and one was really tall. she also had this dream in ramadan this year.

the book says.........

Viewing the Ka'bah: The mere viewing of the Ka'bah in ones dream means that the observer of the dream will enjoy lasting diginty, exaltedness and victory. For, the Ka'bah is an object of desire for all those who have hope.

dreams are reported by the Propeht PBUH said that Ru ' ya dreams are a portion from the forty portions of Nabuwwah .
Here is the hadith that the book is referring to..

087:112 Narrated By Anas bIN Malik
Allahs apostle said " A good dream (that comes true) Of a rightious man is one of forty six parts of prophetism ."

But according to the Author of this book not just anybody can interpret dreams he must be man with sound morality
He must posses a pure clean soul
He must be familuar with the basic principles of ta'beer or interpretation
He must be honest in speech and conduct
He must of adequte knowledge of the Quran
He must be well versed in the arabic language

and the list of must haves go on and on so I take it the author of this book has all these qualitys he has RA after his name whatever this means Im not sure.

Well not to keep going and on, my question is what do you think about dreams, have you had any strange dreams ?
I want to hear all your dreams :love:

muslimrebel
10-19-2005, 07:16 AM
asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakaat

yesss i love dis toppic i think its good......i have had the wierdest dream and i have been looking for answers for soooo long.....hope u can find it for me......i had a dream dat i shaved my beard (by the way i am 17 and i have had my beard growing for a year now alhumdulillah) and then ppl at skool had the same dream about me....kafir's dat is.....they had the same dream and told it to me.....even my cuzin said she saw the dream......and the most scariest part is dat my mother one day said it to me aswell......alhumdulillah she said not to shave my beard which was exactly the opposite of wat she wanted be4......but i beleive it means somethn......also i had dis dream recently again....i have asked one student of knowledge and he said to me alot of ppl have had dis dream...well some.....and he said dat it cud mean (possibly) dat shaitan is tryin to corrupt me and misguide me....plz find the meaning if possible

jazakallah khyran ...........wa salamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa baraakkkaaat

eyes_of_mine
10-19-2005, 07:33 AM
Well like the book says you should really find out from a scholor or one who reachs' the requirements (see my prior post) but looking in this book basically shaving the head has this meaning (but dont take it to heart as according to this book for a correct dream translation things about the dreamer have to be taken into account, but anyway I will tell you what it says about shaving the head.

Shaving the Head:
If a person see's himself shaving the head in any month other than the month of Hajj or the sacred months either his capital will be lost or that of his employers or he will lose his job. if seen during the months if Hajj, it could only mean something good coming his way, perhaps he will procceed for Hajj.

but really I think you should take that with a pinch of salt because the fact that other ppl dreamt this about you has implications .

Shiraz
10-30-2005, 10:06 AM
Salam,

For the past few weeks i have been having bad dreams every night, very horrible ones, how can i stop getting them?

princessamber30
10-30-2005, 10:15 AM
Aslam walaikum!

Well...After reading my Isha Prayer...I normally read this dua:

' Oh Allah! The stars have dissapeared, the eyes settled, while you are the living, the Eternal one. Neither slumber nor sleep overtake You. O Allah, the Living, the Eternal one! Quieten my night and make my eyes sleep.'

I also read:

'O Allah, the Lord of the seven Heavens and those shaded by them; the Lord of the earths and those carried by them, and the Lord of the Satan and those led astray by them, Kindly be my Protector from the evil of all your creatures that they may exceed in insolence and tyranny against me. Exalted by Your neighbour and blessed be your Name'

After reading these supplications I sleep SO peacefully without any bad dreams until morning:D

InshAllah this will get rid of your nightmares:love:

Shiraz
10-30-2005, 10:18 AM
Salam,

ok, thank you i will try these dwaahs

ma541
10-30-2005, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shiraz
Salam,

ok, thank you i will try these dwaahs
if u have bad dreams you shud do zikr of Allah b4 u go 2 sleep
inshaallah ta allah u shud b able to sleep peacefully:brother:

Muezzin
10-30-2005, 12:16 PM
Avoid eating cheese before you go to bed as well. It tends to have strange effects.

Desai
10-30-2005, 03:58 PM

Whenever you see such a dream, recite Laa hawla walaa quwwata, spit lightly in that direction and change direction of sleep. Also make Wudhu and recite the four Quls before sleeping.

However, it is important to understand that dreams should not become the focus of our attention. Many times dreams are an exposition of ones thoughts. The example of dreams is like a person travelling. While travelling the traveller sees different sceneries and passes on. He does not make the scenery his ultimate goal and objective and stops his travel. He continues his journey. I wouldn't worry too much bro, just stick on the right path and don't let shaytan play his tricks with you.

Muhammad
10-30-2005, 04:07 PM

Threads merged.

Insha'Allaah you should be able to find some useful information about dreams in this thread, including what to do upon seeing a bad dream.

s_123_v
01-07-2006, 07:58 PM
I've had quite a few dreams about people passing away that i know, does this mean anything?:?
Jazakallah

Ghazi
01-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Salaam

If you have a bad dream you should spit to your left three times and don't tell anyone about it pray if you want.

- Qatada -
01-08-2006, 12:13 PM
:wasalamex

Check this site out insha Allaah, it wont have the meaning of the dream but it explains the position of dreams within islam:

http://muttaqun.com/dreams.html

:salamext:

hidaayah
01-08-2006, 12:17 PM
Assalam u Alaikum
I'm not really sure..but some one told me that the person whom you see passing away will probably have a long life ..inshallah..
Allah u A'lam
wassalam

Mu'maneen
01-08-2006, 01:52 PM

Dreaming of people passing away has many interpretations and there is no specific interpretation for that general topic. The interpretation depends on exactly what the dreamer has seen, the timing of the dream (before or after Fajr) and the emotions felt.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:
http://hstrial-besmail.homestead.com/islam.html

Muhammad
01-08-2006, 01:56 PM

Threads merged.

mehnaz
01-08-2006, 02:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
I wish i cud hv explained how u know its Prophet saws when in dreams :brother:

I've seen him 3 times !!
Salaam,

MashaAllah...!!!..lucky indeed....i had this dream once where i saw a person (a man) wearing a jhubba(is that wat u call it?)...*i'm not gna elaborate on the dream* and wen i woke up i jus had a feeling that it was our beloved Prophet (saw)....i was soo happy that i had that dream....i dint belive it myself for a quite a long time...but then i read this hadith that satan cannot take the form of our Prophet.....hmmm...oh well...inshaAllah we'll see him on the day of judgement when we get to drink water from rauz e kauser inshaAllah thumma inshaAllah.....*am gna cry now*....:(

W'salaam

MuslimaH~SistaH
01-08-2006, 02:07 PM
I've dreamed of Prophet Muhammed (SAW) twice!

~~Salam~~

mehnaz
01-08-2006, 02:21 PM
Salaam,

MashaAllah sis....thats gr8 news...:wub:

W'salaam

habib
01-08-2006, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimaH~SistaH
I've dreamed of Prophet Muhammed (SAW) twice!

~~Salam~~
Really!!!

Masha Allah

Syed Hussain
01-08-2006, 02:29 PM
ASW
alhamdulillah you have been blessed.
ASW

Snowflake
01-08-2006, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

If you have a bad dream you should spit to your left three times and don't tell anyone about it pray if you want.

If I was sleeping on someone's left side and a bit of spit landed in my eye, I'd clout them round the ear hole! You only make as if you're spitting, not spit literally. Then recite aiyahtulkursi 3 x , turn over and sleep facing the other way. I've also noticed that you tend to have bad dreams if you sleep on your left side.

ummAbdillah
01-08-2006, 09:44 PM
very interesting topic
i have seen the prophet s.a.w. in my dreams
before but am not 100% sure if it was him
:).

Halima
01-10-2006, 12:54 AM

Members remember not to tell any of your bad dreams becuase it is not sunnah and it is definetly not recommended for any one of us to do so. With all that being said please be aware.

Abu Hurayrah related that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Dreams are three categories: the good one a glad tiding from Allah, a bad dream from Satan, and a normal dream which exposes what the person thinks. If you see what you dislike, get up and pray and do not mention it to others.” [Sahîh Muslim]

2) I stronly advice any of you to deeply look at the interpretation that others are giving you of your dreams none of us are psychologists therefore we cannot interpret your dream in the most accurate way. Go to a psychologist/phyciatrist to seek accurate interpretations of your dreams.

Allahu wa A'lm (Allah (swt) knows best)

bluff master
01-10-2006, 02:13 PM
http://predictions.astrology.com/dd/

this links tell you what your dreams means.

Please comment about this how true is it?

- Qatada -
01-10-2006, 04:22 PM
:salamext:

Bro, please dont post non muslim links, astrology is forbidden in islam:

Our beloved Prophet Muhammad sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam said:

"Whoever went to a fortune-teller and asked him about some matter (i.e. of the unseen) and believed him, will have his prayer rejected for forty days." (sahih muslim)

so i think its important you remove that link from your post insha Allaah. :)

:wasalamex

Mujahideen
01-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Aslamalykum. i'll tell you how one of my dreams helped me in reality. a few days ago i was feeling kinda depressed and sad because of all the things that were happening to muslims across the world. i sort of struggle to get up for fajr. this made me feel worse. a few days ago in my isha prayers i told Allah alot of problems i was facing (alhamdulilah) he helped me alot cause that night i slept peacefully and didn't know whether i would get up for fajr. in my dreams i was talking to someone, i was answering them back, they were telling me how i know that it was going to be prayer time soon and how i should get up, i was like yes i know, thwn suddenly they said the alarms about to go now- the alarm went of at that moment. i jumped out of bed thinking that i was speaking to my sista. ahe was snoring away, i prayed (alhamdulilah) but i neva got to thank that 'thing' in my dream

tRiButE
01-15-2006, 10:03 AM
a good dream is a blessing from Allah,
if u want 2 be sure, whether is was genuinely the Prophet, refer
reliable Islamic books, which gives the description of the Prophet [P.B.U.H]
appearance.

afriend
01-20-2006, 06:44 PM
last nite, I had a dream of bein in Hajj, and I was in Makkah on Jummah day.

And as I was expecting, Sheikh Shuraim gave the Khuthbah and lead salaah.

As he was praying, I kept on crying, and I was just so enlightenned to see Makkah, and on top of that Sheikh Shuraim was leading. How beautiful.

And also, I recently started praying my Eshas on time, and not on the following day at Zuhr salaah instead of doing my Sunnahs. Also, me and my friend read Quran during our free periods instead of messin around in class with the other guys. And even tho I was so good yesterday, I suddenly had serious pains in my lower abdomen as I was going to have a bath, After that it was too unbearable so I had to get medical attention from my dad(he's a doc) and he was like "oh, do this do that" and stuff, then I thought to myself, is this a test from my lord?

So I did some zikr and fell asleep. and that's wen I had the dream.

So then I heard my mum saying that we might go to Hajj as well as goin Umrah during Ramadhan. So I was like, Yaa Allah...

Allah guides whom he wills, May Allah Guide us all

Ameen

afriend
01-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Just wanted to know if the dream meant anything.

Also, pray that I don't have to get my appendix out.

May Allah give us health.

Ameen

Snowflake
01-21-2006, 04:47 PM

MashaAllah, that's a very good dream bro.

Performing Hajj in a dream means you will achieve your hearts desire, inshaAllah.

Seeing a khateeb (person who gives khutba), means you will meet a man of pious character, inshaAllah.

Crying with tears is good (sorry forgot the full interpretation)
Crying/wailing without tears is not good.

Alhumdulillah you're on the right track. May Allah reward you and bless you with more knowledge of his chosen deen-ameen.

salman128
01-21-2006, 08:35 PM
I hope allah fulfills y our dream

Arwa
01-21-2006, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nadia Waheed

MashaAllah, that's a very good dream bro.

Performing Hajj in a dream means you will achieve your hearts desire, inshaAllah.

Seeing a khateeb (person who gives khutba), means you will meet a man of pious character, inshaAllah.

Crying with tears is good (sorry forgot the full interpretation)
Crying/wailing without tears is not good.

Alhumdulillah you're on the right track. May Allah reward you and bless you with more knowledge of his chosen deen-ameen.
wa alaikum assalam

hm.. where did you get those intrepetations from? Source please? :)

masha'Allah nice dream. :)

faizacadday
01-21-2006, 09:59 PM
:w: :w:
When i was about 16 i had a dream that i had 3 children, two boys and a girl. and in that dream i had the knowldge that i was a divorced mother. when i woke up, i told my father of that dream and he said that it could come true because when ever a lady in his said of the family dreams of the married life it some times comes true. SOOOO am thinking could this dream come true?. and the funny thing about this dream was that i was actually fine, i wasn't sad at all that i was divorced.

so I'm asking all of you girls and boys, what does our religion think of dreams like these?

thank;D

hidaayah
01-22-2006, 02:18 AM
umm..as far as i know..dreams are of 3 types..
1) From Shaitaan
2) From our souls
3) From Allah
so its not necessary that the dream will come true..i'll find an article about it and post it here...inshallah..
wassalam

faizacadday
01-22-2006, 03:05 AM
thanks sis, anything u can find will be appreciated

:sl: :sl:

Halima
01-22-2006, 01:29 PM

threads merged

sapphire
01-22-2006, 01:47 PM
now im freaked and confused about my dreams after reading this thread......im wondering if i should interpretate them or not..........:confused: :confused:

hidaayah
01-22-2006, 01:52 PM
:)...don't worry about them sis...dreams are just a mixure of the thoughts of ur day i think..no need to spend ur time thinking abt them...and just be happy and try to live each day according to islam..:)
Assalam u Alaikum

azim
01-22-2006, 03:00 PM
Salaam.

I had a dream a while ago that was really vivid, but I have no books to analyse it with so I never tried to, but if someone on this forum has them then that I would be very pleased (both in my dua and giving of rep points) if they could tell me what it might mean.

The dream was a bit before I went on Umrah in the summer.

{Entering dream}

I was in a desert, with lots of rocks and mountains around and a few tents and caves around the place. There were lots of people and they were all really happy about someone, in my dream I had no idea who he was but I got the impression he was a Prophet (although I don't know which).

After a while, for some reason we were all waiting for Isa (as) to come. We were outside a cave and he was going to come out of the cave and help us. We were all in battle armour with swords and lances and we we're going to into battle but waiting for Isa to come and lead us. Eventually he came, but I never saw him, we just knew he was here. We were given the order to march forward, and suddenly things started to get hard. I looked around and some of the people had smoke coming out of them. After I saw this I got really worried, and then someone touched my right shoulder and I turned to face him, he was another solider in battle armour and he smiled at me and said some comforting words (can't remember them) and then told me to stay steadfast and keep going.

{Exiting dream}

I don't know if it's a dream that is meant to mean something from Allah, or if its a dream that is just a product of my own thinking or a dream from Shaitan. It's so ambiguous and I haven't got a clue what it means.

Could anyone please help interpret it insha'Allah?

Jazakallah.

hidaayah
01-24-2006, 09:59 AM
Assalam u Alaikum..
here's a hadith i found abt dreams..
Hadith - Bukhari 9:168, Narrated Abu Salama

I used to see a dream which would make me sick till I heard Abu Qatada saying, "I too, used to see a dream which would make me sick till I heard the Prophet saying, "A good dream is from Allah, so if anyone of you saw a dream which he liked, he should not tell it to anybody except to the one whom he loves, and if he saw a dream which he disliked, then he should seek refuge with Allah from its evil and from the evil of Satan, and spit three times (on his left) and should not tell it to anybody, for it will not harm him."

Hadith -Sahih Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 87, Number 115: Narrated Abu Qatada

The Prophet said, "A good dream that comes true is from Allah, and a bad dream is from Satan, so if anyone of you sees a bad dream, he should seek refuge with Allah from Satan and should spit on the left, for the bad dream will not harm him."

and an article too..

Dreams in Islam

Assalaamu'Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh
Dreams in the Measurement of Islam
by Imam Su'oud Ash-Shuraim (most known for his recitation from Salatul Tarawih at Masjidul Haram, Makkah and its recording along with Sheikh Sudais)

Summary:

1) People’s desire to talk about the unseen.

2) No one knows the unseen except Allaah.

3) People’s interest in dreams.

4) The position of educated people and intellectuals regarding dreams.

5) The position of Islamic scholars regarding dreams.

6) The reason for people’s interest in dreams in the present time.

7) The Prophet’s way in dealing with dreams.

8) The three types of dreams are:

· True dreams.

· Satanic dreams.

· Whispers of the soul.

9) Dreams cannot be bases for Islamic rulings or judgment of people.

10) The conditions of dream interpreters and their etiquettes.

11) The danger and evil consequence of interpreting dreams through satellite channels and general people’s gatherings.

First Khutbah

O people! The son of Aadam has a great desire and an enflamed interest regarding the unseen, whether it is related to the past or the future, and refusing to accept that such a phenomenon exists, is ignoring a fact of life. People’s obsession with such phenomena is related to how close they are to the Sunnah of the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam and Qur’aan which firmly addressed this subject and clarified it, as Allaah says, which means, “(He is) Knower of the unseen, and He does not disclose His (knowledge of the) unseen, Except whom He has approved of as messengers, and indeed, He sends before him (i.e. each messenger) and behind him observers” (Al-Jinn: 26-27).

It is no wonder that the further people are from the time of prophet hood, the more confused they become and mix facts regarding the issue of the unseen, and the more eager people with weak souls become to know the unseen. Some believe in illusions as facts, others accept what fortune-tellers say, and others guess and speak about the unseen during all times while the verses from the Qur’aan are recited before them day and night, like the saying of Allaah, which means, “Say, ' None in the heavens and earth knows the unseen except Allah and they do not perceive when they will be resurrected.'” (An-Naml: 65) as well as the sayings of the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam, like the Hadeeth where he said, “Five things only Allaah knows, and he recited the verse (the meaning of which is) “Indeed, Allaah (alone) has knowledge of the hour and sends down the rain and knows what is in the wombs. And no soul perceives what it will earn tomorrow and no soul perceives in what land it will die. Indeed, Allaah is Knowing and Acquainted” (Luqmaan: 34)”

Thus, it is not possible to know the unseen or address it, except through what Allaah has told us, or what He revealed to His Messenger sallaalhu ‘alaihi wa sallam. Anything other than this would be guesses and illusions, or a mixture of words conveyed to people by some Jinn.

Islam removes confusion and illusions from the mind and guides those who stray from the straight path. Believing in the unseen cannot be equated with believing in fantasies.

Those who survive this phenomenon, get trapped by their eagerness to know the future, which they think is a major factor in deciding the stability and instability of their lives, so they try to reach that through dreams. You might meet a brother (in faith) or a friend and be greeted with a gloomy or cheerful face, but you would be surprised to discover that this disposition is due to a dream which they have seen in their sleep.

Slaves of Allaah! This issue is not only the concern of individuals or common people, but many eminent figures join them in this concern. Dreams have disturbed many great people, and other dreams came as glad tidings to many others. Some dreams became the concern of nations, like the dream of the king of Egypt, which the Qur’aan told of in the story of Prophet Yoosuf, peace be upon him. His dream included both glad tidings and warnings at the same time; it gave glad tidings of the increase in provisions for seven consecutive years, then warned against famine for the following seven years.

Slaves of Allaah! Dreams have had great importance in people’s lives before and after Islam. Educated people and intellectuals might differ in the way they view dreams and judge their issue. Philosophers have rejected that dreams have any meaning at all and claimed that dreams result from the reactions which take place in the body and reflect the state of mind. Some psychiatrists have a negative stance towards dreams, which is actually very close to that of the philosophers. They refer it to the mood of people and certain parts of their memory which become hyper during sleep, making dreams purely biological.

On the other hand, Islam and its scholars have followed the prophetic path in dealing with dreams, and have judged dreams according to the Qur’aan and the Sunnah. They have ruled that true dreams are from Allaah, some warn and others bring glad tidings. Ibn Mas’ood, may Allaah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam, said, “Prophecy is finished but tidings remain” people asked, ‘What are these tidings?’ he sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam replied, “A true dream which a man sees, or others see for him” (Bukhaari & Maalik). These tidings could be good or bad as Allaah says, which means, “So give them tidings of a painful doom” (Al-Inshiqaaq: 24).

Slaves of Allaah! These dreams are the ones which the truthful and trustworthy sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said about them that, “At the end of time, the believer’s dream will rarely be incorrect; the more truthful a person is, the truer his dreams are; and the dream of a faithful believer is a part of the forty six parts of Prophecy” (Bukhaari & Muslim).

In this era, many people’s hearts have little attachment to Allaah. Belief in divine decree, pre-destiny and that whatever Allaah wants happens and whatever He does not will not happen, and that everything happens with His command…all these aspects of belief have become weak in people’s hearts. Due to this, their hearts have become more attached to the issue of dreams, and in this way, they have differed from the righteous generations of our Salaf. They have started talking about this issue more and relying on it, until it has reached a level where it has overwhelmed people’s discussions in their gatherings, on satellite channels and religious inquiries, so much so that people ask more about dreams than they ask about matters of religion, and what should and should not be done by a Muslim.

When some people see a dream, their lives become disturbed, and they become terrified and unable to relax until they find someone to interpret it for them so as to discover whether it brings glad tidings or evil news to him. If we stop at the limits which are set for us in the prophetic guidance, then such anxiety would not be felt, and people would not occupy themselves with this subject, which has become a way to attract audiences to the internet and satellite channels.

In order to discern the best way of dealing with this widespread phenomenon in our communities, let us listen to some of the etiquettes relating to this issue. Abu Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with him said, ‘I used to see dreams and become sick because of it, until I saw Abu Qutaadah and told him about this. So he said to me, I heard the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam saying, “Good dreams are from Allaah, and bad dreams are from Satan, so if of you see in your dream something which you dislike, then spit three times to your left and seek refuge in Allaah from its evil, then it will not harm you” (Muslim). In another narration Abu Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with him said, ‘I used to see dreams and they would feel heavier on me than a mountain, until I heard this saying of the Prophet, then it never bothered me after that’ (Muslim).

Slaves of Allaah! We see that not everything one sees in his sleep is a good dream that needs an interpretation, because what people see in their sleep is one of the three types, as narrated by ‘Awf Ibn Maalik, may Allaah be pleased with him, that the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said, “Dreams are of three types, some are from Satan to sadden the son of Aadam, some are the result of what a person thinks about while he is awake so he sees it in his sleep, and some are one of the forty six parts of prophecy” (Ibn Maajah). Imaam Al-Baghawi said, ‘This Hadeeth proves that not everything which a person sees in his sleep in true and should be interpreted. The correct understanding is that some of it is from Allaah, and the rest are mixed up false dreams which have no interpretation’.

An example for these mixed up false dreams is the story of the Bedouin who came to the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam and said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah! I saw in my dream that someone beheaded me, and my head rolled and I started going after it " So the messenger sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said: “Do not inform anyone nor talk to people about whispers that come to you in your dreams from Satan” (Muslim).

Shadow_of_White
02-13-2006, 06:58 AM
Wasslam my dear brothers and sisters :thankyou:
I just want to tell you the inspiring stroy (I mean dream) that my mom had last month, I think..
Ok..
When she was dreaming, she saw my grandma (which died)last year...She was calling her..and the next thing she knows, she sees herself running through the halls. Whatever door she opened, she saw another ones until she saw one door , and through that door there was a track of light coming out. She decided t follow that light, and whe she stepped inside, ther ewas a garden and rivers, and she saw a group of people sitting, and laghing(I think), when she aproached them , seh sat next to them, but she didnt know wat they were saying (she doesnt remember)....When she stood up , and walked around she saw her grandmother (who is my Grand grand mother)..She saw her in 33 year, and she was wearing Hijab...She just looked at my mom, and smiled... When my mom approached a bit nearer, she saw a river, and many faces...smiling in it....

She was so unbleiveably under this dream and she was all in sweat whenshe woke up.....

On may occasions she had tese kind of dreams with her grandmother in it...

may Allah guide us to only straight path and help us in finding truth..(always)..

InshaAllah....:sister:

Isaac
02-13-2006, 07:57 AM
Salam. SubhanAllah. Sis has your mum thought about getting the dream interperated. It may have a stronger message then she thinks.

Shadow_of_White
02-13-2006, 11:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isaac
Salam. SubhanAllah. Sis has your mum thought about getting the dream interperated. It may have a stronger message then she thinks.
Yeah .....but who can she tell???????????????:?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.