/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cant catch up!

Thanaa
09-29-2006, 03:57 PM
I did think about putting this in the couselling section of the forums, but I didnt think it was quite...right, if that makes sense.
I am trying to have patience with the whole conversion to Islam thing, but Im finduing it hard to learn to pray/perfrm wudhu, and theres noone but Allah to help me.
Most days, I feel as if I were a cripple left in the middle of a road with no crutch, or wheelchair, trying to drag herself along behind the family that abandoned her, and no matter how hard I try, I cant catch up.
Its like swings and roundabouts...I find out something about Islam, and think how great it is that I can practice this that or the other, then I find out that you cant do that particular thing unless youve done something else first...
Anyone have advice?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Thanaa
09-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Apologies for the rubbish subject line: my family were trying to get in throught the front door, and it was locked...
I had to get rid of the page, and quick!:D

ishkabab
09-29-2006, 04:03 PM
Have Patience my sister ....u need lots of it....and trust me in the end you wont ever regret....u'll get lots of rewards inshAllah!!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-29-2006, 10:16 PM
:sl:

Try and find some Mosques in your area and get to know the sisters there and they will be of help to you Inshallah. You can use this site to find the Mosques in your area:

http://www.islamicfinder.org/

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Thanaa
09-30-2006, 09:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ähmed
:sl:

Try and find some Mosques in your area and get to know the sisters there and they will be of help to you Inshallah. You can use this site to find the Mosques in your area:

http://www.islamicfinder.org/

:w:
Thanks...!
I found a mosque in Aberystwyth ^_^
Now I just have to get there, lol!:)
I suppose I just have to have the patience to wait until its easier for me to get there.

DigitalStorm82
09-30-2006, 09:45 AM
Alhumdulillah :)

Ali_slave of Allah
09-30-2006, 10:53 AM
islam is like 1 of those sour candies at first when u taste it it is verysour but when you have patience and keep liking it you will taste the sweetness of the candy

S_87
09-30-2006, 11:51 AM
:sl: sister

Muhammed :arabic5: said in a sahih hadith, i cant remember the exact wording just now but it went along the lines of :

whatever i have commanded you to do, do to the best of your ability, whatever i have commanded you not to do, stay away from to the best of your ability.

do your best sister, Allah will never desert you

Thanaa
10-01-2006, 10:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
:sl: sister

whatever i have commanded you to do, do to the best of your ability, whatever i have commanded you not to do, stay away from to the best of your ability.

do your best sister, Allah will never desert you
I think Ill keep that in mind!
:muslimah:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.