/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Invalid fast?

anonymous
09-29-2006, 06:46 PM
:sl:

Today I cut my leg and blood came out. It was just the size of a dot and I'm not sure if that's enough to break your fast.

So is my fast invalid :( ?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DigitalStorm82
09-29-2006, 06:49 PM
Bleeding is not something that nullifies your fast.

Unless your bleeding from your mouth and you have swallowed some blood.

amirah_87
09-29-2006, 06:55 PM
A salaamu alaykum Akhee/Ukhtee,

No that does'nt Nullify your fast Wallahu A3lam,

Things that Nullify your fast are :

a) Sexual intercourse during the daytime breaks the fast and is a grave sin. Anyone who performs this act must atone for it by freeing a slave, if he can afford to do so; otherwise, he should fast two consecutive months, if he can. If not, then he must feed sixty poor persons if he is able to.

b) Intentionally eating or drinking also breaks the fast. If this act is done unintentionally, though, it does not harm the fast

c) The appearance of menstrual or post-partum bleeding immediately breaks the fast. Once this happens, even if it is just a few minutes before sunset, the fast is nullified and the day must be made up at a later date.

d) Ejaculation, if it comes as a result of an intentional act, breaks the fast.

e) Deliberate vomiting also breaks the fast.

f) The injection of blood or any other nourishing liquid into the body nullifies the fast.

g) Apostasy from Islam obviously breaks the fast. If a fasting Muslim says or does something which is judged to be a violation of his faith, he thereby nullifies his fast and has therefore to make up the day or days of his apostasy, if he happens to repent and return to the faith

I also Heard that "Insanity"If the fasting person becomes insane during the day of Ramadan (even if only for a slight moment), nullifies the fast aswell.

And so does "Unconciousness", Whoever is unconscious before dawn and remains unconscious until sunset, his fast for that day is invalid and it is obligatory for him to make it up. But if one is conscious at the beginning of the day and later becomes unconscious, or if one is unconscious at the beginning of the day and later regains consciousness during it (even if only for a slight moment), one’s fast is valid.

Hope that Helps InshaAllah ... Allah Ma3ak :peace:

DigitalStorm82
09-29-2006, 06:57 PM
Jazakallah Khair... Here is another fatwah on bleeding and fasting.

Praise be to Allaah.

If the blood reaches the stomach without any deliberate action on the part of the fasting person, it does not break his fast, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allaah burdens not a person beyond his scope. He gets reward for that (good) which he has earned, and he is punished for that (evil) which he has earned. ‘Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error’”

[al-Baqarah 2:286]

And it says in the hadeeth that Allaah said, “I have done that”, i.e., I have forgiven you.

But if it is possible to prevent it, or to spit it out, and you do not do so and you swallow it deliberately, then this breaks the fast. The evidence for that is the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to Laqeet ibn Sabrah: “Go to extremes when rinsing your nose, unless you are fasting.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, 2366; al-Tirmidhi, 788; al-Nasaa’i, 87; Ibn Maajah, 407. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 631)

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said: This indicates that the fasting person should not go to the extreme in rinsing his nose, and we do not know of any reason for this apart from the fact that doing so may be a cause of making water reach the stomach, which would invalidate the fast. Based on this we say: everything that reaches the stomach via the nose breaks the fast.

Al-Sharh al-Mumti’, 6/379.

Islam Q&A

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Ok good cuz sometimes I'll wake up after Suhoor and my gums will be bleeding. I can tell when I taste it...+o( Don't know why but it happens :hiding:

anonymous
09-29-2006, 07:03 PM
JazakAllahkhair Digitalstorm82 and amirah_87.

DigitalStorm82
09-29-2006, 07:06 PM
Ok good cuz sometimes I'll wake up after Suhoor and my gums will be bleeding. I can tell when I taste it... Don't know why but it happens
Use sensodyne toothpaste... It'll heal your gums so it stops bleeding.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-29-2006, 07:08 PM
ok...loool.

amirah_87
09-29-2006, 07:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
JazakAllahkhair Digitalstorm82 and amirah_87.
:peace:Wa Iyyaak/Iyyaki :peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.