/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Voting

zash2
09-29-2006, 10:23 PM
:sl:

I knw we have time left till voting hapens, but the way this society is nowadayz, r we as muslims allowed to vote even thoguth we r in a kafir state? The party such as respect... if voted for dem who r fiting for muslims.. is dat not allowed?
can sum1 please help me on this
as i have herd many versions
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
09-30-2006, 12:20 AM
This is just my own opinion. I do not know sufficient ahadith to give any basis for it.

I know we are obligated to fight Jihad to stand up for Islam.

I know Jihad does not necessarily mean with weapons of destruction.

I know that our vote is the most effective means we have for fighting laws we do not agree with.

I know that changes are not made on the basis of a single election, but it is a start.

In my mind voting is a jihad and we are obligated to vote.

There may be other views and I could be wrong.

zash2
09-30-2006, 12:22 AM
I also agree with this as we are using an efective way in this society to make a diference and help the ummah.. however many people have said that voting in the first place is wrong as it is taking up the kafr system.. what can you say about this?

Trumble
09-30-2006, 12:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zash2
however many people have said that voting in the first place is wrong as it is taking up the kafr system.. what can you say about this?
If you choose not to vote, you can have absolutely no complaint whatsoever about what that "kafr system" may choose to do. Voting is the best chance for muslims, and anybody else, to have their say and make a difference but if they choose not to do it en masse nobody will listen to muslims at all, and frankly there is no reason at all why they should.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zash2
09-30-2006, 12:43 AM
thats what i think too.. but i find it a bit dificult to understand why there are some people that are sticking to saying that muslims should not vote in a kafr state.. forgive me if my wording is said harshly im just not sure how to exactly say it.. i just dont get it as i also find it an effective way 2 make muslims heard more especialy with a party like respect within it

Muezzin
10-01-2006, 05:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
If you choose not to vote, you can have absolutely no complaint whatsoever about what that "kafr system" may choose to do. Voting is the best chance for muslims, and anybody else, to have their say and make a difference but if they choose not to do it en masse nobody will listen to muslims at all, and frankly there is no reason at all why they should.
Very true. People who say 'voting is haraam!!!1one' have a lot to learn about how this country works.

zash2, if you want to vote, vote for who you want. Don't let these silly people deter you.

zash2
10-01-2006, 07:22 PM
Jazakhaallah brothers and sisters.. this has helped alot... but is there any such thing where it says we as muslims are not aloowed to particpate in voting.. as i have no idea where these people have got this from.. I feel that by voting it would help us alot.

north_malaysian
10-02-2006, 02:38 AM
Jazakhaallah brothers and sisters.. this has helped alot... but is there any such thing where it says we as muslims are not aloowed to particpate in voting.. as i have no idea where these people have got this from.. I feel that by voting it would help us alot.
Good !!!

Obi-Wan
10-02-2006, 04:51 PM
but is there any such thing where it says we as muslims are not aloowed to particpate in voting.. as i have no idea where these people have got this from.. I feel that by voting it would help us alot.
I would be very suspicious of anybody who suggested not voting to be a good idea. They are either foolish or they trying to gag you.

If you do not vote, that is like keeping quiet. And silence is agreement.

Anybody who does not vote supports the status quo. (And I don't mean the rock band!)

zash2
10-02-2006, 10:34 PM
Sallam
Sory To Bring The Topic Up Aagain
But I Spoke With One Of My Cousins About This And The Reason Why He Said That Voting Is Not Aloowed Si Because It Has Something To Do With Lesgislation And Only Allah Can Do This? And That We Are Not Allowed To Follow Man Laws That Contradict The Shariah Law.. I Stil Think That Voting Is A Good Idea.. But I Am Very Confused With The Opposing View.. I Myself Am Confused Abot It Which Is Why I Have Not Explained The Contradicting View Propely

wilberhum
10-02-2006, 10:39 PM
Sallam
And That We Are Not Allowed To Follow Man Laws That Contradict The Shariah Law..
So is voting against Shariah Law?

Woodrow
10-02-2006, 10:55 PM
A paradoxol aspect, is that if we live in a democracy, not voting is also a vote. Not placing a vote is the same as placing a vote for whoever wins the election. So if we are dissatisified by a candidate, keep in mind not voting for his opponent is equal to voting for him.

We vote wether or not we cast a ballot.

wilberhum
10-02-2006, 11:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
A paradoxol aspect, is that if we live in a democracy, not voting is also a vote. Not placing a vote is the same as placing a vote for whoever wins the election. So if we are dissatisified by a candidate, keep in mind not voting for his opponent is equal to voting for him.

Excelent! You make a very valid point.

Joe98
10-03-2006, 12:56 AM
So if we are dissatisified by a candidate, keep in mind not voting for his opponent is equal to voting for him.
Why would you vote for somebody you are dissatisfied with?

We vote whether or not we cast a ballot.
That's how the US got George Bush!

Woodrow
10-03-2006, 01:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98

That is why you vote for the opponent. If you do not vote for the opponent, that equates to voting for the person you voted for.

That's how the US got George Bush!
We don't always make wise choices. It is very important to learn as much as possible about a candidate.

north_malaysian
10-03-2006, 02:17 AM
We don't always make wise choices. It is very important to learn as much as possible about a candidate.
I've voted for DAP (Democratic Action Party) in the last election why? I dont like BN...

Even DAP is a party dedicated to make Malaysia 100% secular.... but I have to vote them because BN is promoting unislamic things by using the word 'Islam'.

Better vote for a secular than voting for a hypocrite...

starfortress
10-03-2006, 02:40 AM
:sl: and hi

Its a simple for me,we know it is almost impossible for the candidates also the party they represented to carry out our wish.Like Bro Woodrow said,learn as much as possible about a candidate.At the last we will find out,hes not so perfect and not the kind of candidate that we thought.What else we can do,beside to choose the best characteristic or the other word mean is better than nothing figures.

Muezzin
10-03-2006, 08:05 AM

That's true.

I was referring to the people who try to emotionally blackmail people into not voting by saying it's haraam.

wilberhum
10-03-2006, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
Because that somebody could be better than the other somebodies.

snakelegs
10-03-2006, 08:18 PM
we are not given valid choices when it comes to presidential candidates. they both get their funding from the same sources and serve the same people.
so you can hold your nose and vote for the guy that is not quite as bad as the other guy - or not vote. or you can vote for one of the alternative party candidates and throw your vote in the toilet. i really believe that the whole thing is a sham. yep, i know - i am too cynical.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.