/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is it ok Islamically?

AnonymousPoster
09-30-2006, 12:40 AM
To make Dua'a for my Christian or other (non-muslim) friends with anything other than choosing a righteous path? I read somewhere that prophet Mohammed (PBUH) wasn't able to make du'a for his own mother? Any truth to that?
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mujaheda
09-30-2006, 02:42 AM
not mother.......
actually prophet ibrahim A.S was forbidden to not pray for his father Azir.

and prophet muhammad SAW had forbidden to not pray for his uncle Abu-Talib
who was the father of hazrat Ali RA too.

but its only on one condition that do not pray for their forgivness.
but u must pray for nonmuslim's that O'Allah guide them to wards stright path.
As we know that prophet muhammad saw praied for hazrat umer when he was nonmuslim. that O'Allah one umer embaressed islam (umer bin hasam= abu jahil or umer bin kittab = umer-e-farooq)

so you can pray for your non muslim frnds for their guidence.

Andaraawus
09-30-2006, 03:17 AM
There is a view that the Prophets saws parents was believers.

DigitalStorm82
09-30-2006, 03:38 AM
There is a simple answer this question...

Making duah to Allah for hidyaah for this individual means...having this individual rever to Islam and giving him life in the everlasting paradise.

Is there a duah that you can possibly make that is better than this?

Why would you give up the best duah for a smaller duah?

smaller duahs are meaningless... if they don't become muslims.. because they will only be temporary... until death reaches them... vs. everlasting paradise.

salaamz

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
09-30-2006, 07:55 AM
We had a thread on this a while ago, but I have looked and cannot find it ...

From what I remember the answer was a clear No!
You are not permitted to pray for non-Muslims with any prayer other than for conversion to Islam.

(As a Christian I pray for anybody and everybody, and for any situation - and I usually say a prayer for finding the true path at the same time. :D)

Peace

AnonymousPoster
09-30-2006, 09:19 AM
I ask because my friend whom I loved very much died and wasn't muslim and it killed me. I used to pray for him, for forgivness and heaven, but was asked to stop.
thanks to all who replied

DigitalStorm82
09-30-2006, 10:30 AM
yeah, its too late for dead people. Nothing can help them now...

Malaikah
09-30-2006, 10:32 AM
^exaclty, the prophet himself was forbidden to pray for his uncle after he had passed away

Abdulwaheed
09-30-2006, 10:33 AM
I heard you can still pray for dead muslims though. Is that true :?

DigitalStorm82
09-30-2006, 10:42 AM
yes. that is in sadakah jaariyah...

Pious children... asking for forgiveness on your behalf.

Hannah
09-30-2006, 11:06 AM
Assalamulaikum

Subhan’Allah, they are correct. Islam isn’t so strict. You can make dua “O lord of the world, guide them on the straight path of the siraatal mustaqeen”.

This will also make you remain humble and make you more grateful towards Allah swt for choosing YOU as a muslim

glo
09-30-2006, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
I ask because my friend whom I loved very much died and wasn't muslim and it killed me. I used to pray for him, for forgivness and heaven, but was asked to stop.
thanks to all who replied
That's so sad! :cry:

I don't understand why Islam forbids to send prayers for non-believers ... after all it is for God to decide whether the prayers will be heard or not.

Who are we to decide who is deserving of God's mercy and who isn't???

Prayer is also a valid way to go through your grieving process, and to feel you are doing what you can for your loved ones ... even when, or perhaps especially when they are dead!

I have to disagree with my Muslim friends here.Being forbidden to pray for loved ones, whether believers or non-believers seems very harsh ... :cry:

Peace.

Malaikah
09-30-2006, 12:18 PM
Its because there is no good in praying for someone who died in a state of disbelief- they arent muslims and so cant go to paradise.. :rollseyes

- Qatada -
09-30-2006, 12:20 PM
Like we mentioned in the previous thread - praying for a person's guidance is much more important than anything in this life.

If a person was to die in the state of disbelief - they may be punished for eternity, so infact - we should say alhamdulillah (praise be to Allaah) who allowed us to pray for the guidance of the non muslims.

Allaah Almighty know's best.

Peace.

rania2820
10-03-2006, 10:45 PM
the only du'ah you can make for them is that they become muslim.other than that you cannot pray for a non-muslim.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.