/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Sofa or Prayer rug?

Ra`eesah
06-16-2005, 09:35 PM
Assalamu’Alaykum

Sitting back and you watching Television time passes 30 minutes turn into 2 hours...while you are mesmerized by flashing light on the screen a voice in you head says “how will this benefit me?” "What will I say to Allah :arabic2: when I am asked about my time....." While u ponder upon this something caught ur eye you turn your head....suddenly with out a notice, Angle of death is standing infront of you... TIME is UP.

“After the death of each one of Allah’s slaves, he/she will be asked about four things…how he spent his time…”

So what will our answer be my beloved Sisters and Brothers in Islam... let us take the time today and everyday to remember Allah our Lord the Lord of all the worlds.

The eminent companion 'Abdullah ibn Masud, may Allah be pleased with him, said: 'I never regretted anything as much as my regret over a day on which the sun sets and my life span decreases while my good deeds have not increased'

Subhnallah how fast mankind can forget their sole purpose in this life.....

Allah:arabic2: says

I have created Jinns and men only that they might worship Me (51:56)

Subhanallah from this Ayah we see that...Allah created us to worship him alone...and that is our MAIN objective in this life...The question we should ask ourselfs is are we doing what Allah:arabic2: created us for?

If we truly wish to understand the importance of time, let us look to Allah's :arabic2: words in Surah Al Asr

I swear by the time,

Most surely man is in loss,

Except those who believe and do good, and enjoin on each other truth, and

enjoin on each other patience.

Allah:arabic2: has the power to swear by anything he wishes and in this case it was TIME....

I have conducted a poll so that we may reflect upon and to see where our status moreover how much time we use to worship Allah :arabic2:. Inshallah this will be a means for us to start a change in our lives.

Note: no one can see your selection but you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khaldun
06-16-2005, 09:39 PM
:sl:

wow mashAllah I am soooooo amazed what a true narration you dont stop amazing me sis 3washey may Allah reward u for it, such a wonderful post may allah reward u!

Far7an
06-16-2005, 09:51 PM
Assalamu 'alaikum

Indeed, MashaAllah...

May Allah give us all a better understanding of how precious time is

Ameen

You never know....Our time could be soon

Are we ready?? :'(

Muhammad
06-16-2005, 10:37 PM

Jazakallah Khayr for that great reminder :thumbs_up

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pinkrose
06-16-2005, 10:44 PM

Excellent reminder sis!!! :applaud:
Jazaakalah!!!
:'( :'(

:w:

Ibn Syed
06-16-2005, 11:14 PM
Excellent reminder. :applaud:

Umm_Qaylah
06-17-2005, 06:29 AM
As-Salaamu 'ALaykum Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuh,

SubHana-Allaah.

Indeed, the Prophet Muhamamd (saw) was right. We do not take advantage of our good health and free time. We are young, fit and able to do what we set our mind to but once we age, we will never get that opportunity again. We will deeply regret it but why regret it when we can start right now?

Jezaaki-Allaahu Khayr Wa Baraka-Allaahu Feeki Ukht 3washey.

You truly bring a smile to my face, even at the thought of you. May Allaah reward you for all your efforts and shower His mercy and blessings upon you, your family and [future] offspring. Aameen.

'Alaykum As-Salaam Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuh.

junna1
06-17-2005, 07:46 PM

Jazakallahu Khayran for posting that sis. It is a reminder we all need. Masha allah.

Hajar
06-17-2005, 09:20 PM

This is a Great post!!!!!! :applaud:

Jazaak-Allaahu Khayr, Sister :D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-17-2005, 09:35 PM

Great Post Sister. May Allah Reward You Greatly For It Inshallah. Jazakallah Khair.

Ra`eesah
06-17-2005, 09:50 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Subhanallah... Ameen to all your du'aa and waiykum inshallah. Im very happy to see that this thread made such an impact Alhamdulillaah. Jazkallah khair for you all that took part in this.

Nakisai
06-17-2005, 10:39 PM
:thumbs_do my answer i pray sometimes because i'm new to islam and I'm still learning

Nakisai
06-18-2005, 07:16 PM
i can say the words of the prays

sistajannah
06-18-2005, 07:57 PM
Jazakallah Khayr for the reminder sis

Mujahada
06-18-2005, 09:12 PM
Jazak Allahu kheirun sister! excellent reminder! :D

A7med
06-18-2005, 09:28 PM
JAZAKALLAH KHAIR sis GREAT REMINDER :'( :'( :'(

vpb
03-19-2007, 01:52 PM
may Allah swt reward you with Jannah . Ameen

queenmuslimah
03-20-2007, 01:25 PM
jazakallahu khayran..............hope we all benefit from....

Pk_#2
03-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Argh!

i dun fit into any of the above in the polls :oS

OK jazakAllah sis :D

Peace!

IbnAbdulHakim
03-20-2007, 06:26 PM
:salamext:

to the three people who pray tahajjud:

If you make dua for me i will love you for the sake of Allah and whenever anything good happens to me dua will go to you from my heart!!!!!!! :D

UmmHasan
03-20-2007, 10:22 PM
mashallah
this is so true
i hope tht we all realise our short trip in this world
:w: :thumbs_up thanks a lot for sharing

Islam_sister
03-21-2007, 03:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Qaylah
May Allaah reward you for all your efforts and shower His mercy and blessings upon you, your family and [future] offspring. Aameen.
Aameen*

Asalaam Alaykum Sister!
Masha'allah Lovely post sister.. JazakAllah for sharing this:) a nice reminder.!
Ma Salaama
Allah Hafiz

Khadijah79
04-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Assalamu 'alaikum

Indeed, MashaAllah...

May Allah give us all a better understanding of how precious time is

Ameen

Allah knows when it's our time and it could be soon

Are we ready

Aisha!
05-24-2007, 03:41 AM
i pray all five dont read quran tought lol

Miss Palestine
10-14-2007, 10:06 PM
i pray all five 2...nd i read qur'an sumtimesz w/o just sitting down nd readin i recite qur'an while doing the dishes instead of singing idk im just used 2 it but idk if thatsz harram or not =/ hopefully itsz not

truemuslim
01-18-2008, 10:39 PM
i pray all 5 on time then hafaz a surah a day... thaz how i is going to the next juz now..

p.s. i is ready angel of death... *dies* ....ok today angel...*dies* ... c'mon angel u is embarassing me...

Intisar
01-18-2008, 11:03 PM
:sl: Oh this reminds me, I gotta enroll myself into Quraan classes insha Allaah. Alhamdulilah, I pray all of my five prayers and I ask that Allaah increase my imaan, and keep me steadfast and firm in the deen insha Allaah. And I also ask that Allaah continue to guide me to the right path of Al Islam, because whosoever Allaah guides, none can misguide and whosoever Allaah misguides none can guide. Subhana Allaah' 'adeem, that just scares me so much. Inshaa Allaah I will not ever be of the misguided.

I always make sure that I do my wudhu early, say my niyah and then pray my prayers. I also encourage people in my family who do not pray to do so immediately. When you feel the sweetness of imaan, ahhh words just cannot describe it. :D:cry:

BaraakAllaahu feeki for the reminder sis.

------
06-18-2008, 11:03 AM
:salamext:

Excellent thread sis MashaaAllaah may Allaah reward you =)

Souljette
06-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Indeed it is an excellent thread jazakallah khair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.