/* */

PDA

View Full Version : One of the beautifullest most Amazing Stories ive ever heard !!!

IbnAbdulHakim
09-30-2006, 05:19 PM
:salamext:

Wallahi brothers and sisters, this is one of the most beautiful stories i have heard about martyrdome, MAY ALLAH GRANT ME THE STATUS OF SHAHEED AMEEN !!!

PS: This can also be found in "Al-Bidaya wa An-Nihaya" by Ibn Khatir

The Martyred Youth & the Rein's Owner

Excerpted & translated from the book: "The Roads of Desires to the Fate of the Admirers"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A man called Abu Qudamah Ash-Shamy, who lived in the Prophet's Madinah, was known for his love for Jihaad in Allâh's cause and participating in expeditions to the land of the Romans. One day, while conversing with some of his companions in the Prophet's Holy Mosque in Madinah, they said: "O Abu Qudamah, tell us about the most amazing thing you have witnessed while in Jihaad". He replied:

I once arrived at the city of Riqqa (in Iraq) seeking to purchase a camel to carry my weapons. One day, a woman entered to where I was sitting and said: "O Abu Qudamah, I was listening to what you mentioned about Jihaad and your incitement for Muslims to join it. I have been blessed with more hair than many other women; I have cut it and made a horse's rein out of, and I have covered it with dust so that no one can recognise it. I wish that you take it with you, so that when you arrive to the land of the disbelievers, and the horsemen engage in battle, the arrows are fired, the swords are drawn, and the spears are pulled out, either use it if you find the need for it, or hand it to whoever needs it, for I wish that my hair will witness the battle and will get the dust in the Way of Allâh. I am a widowed woman who had a husband and a number of relatives, who were all killed in Allâh's Path; I would have joined Jihaad had it been required of me." She then handed over the rein to me.

She then said: "O Abu Qudamah, know that my husband left me a son who is amongst the finest of youths: He has learnt the Qur'ân, the art of swordsmanship, as well as archery; he prays at night and fasts during the day, and he is 15 years of age. He is currently away at a property which he has inherited from his father. Hopefully he will get back before your departure, for I wish to send him with you as a gift to Allâh the Exalt and most High. And I ask you by Allâh that you do not deprive me from gaining the rewards I seek."

Abu Qudamah said: I had departed from Riqqa with my companions, when I heard a horseman calling out from behind: "O Abu Qudamah, wait for me for a while, may Allâh have mercy on you." I stopped and said to my companions: Go forth while I check who it is. The horseman then approached me, hugged me, and said: "Praised be Allâh who did not deny me from your company and did not turn me back disappointed". I said: "My beloved, let me see your face, for, if it is imperative on someone of your age to fight, I would command you to join us, otherwise I would turn you back". When he uncovered his face, I saw a young man who is like a full moon (in beauty), and who seems to have been living a wealthy life. I said: "My beloved, do you have a father?" He said: "No, in fact I am coming with you seeking revenge for my father who was martyred, perhaps Allâh will grant me martyrdom as he granted my father". I said: "My beloved, do you have a mother?" "Yes", he replied. I then said: "Then go and ask her permission, if she permits you to go then come back, otherwise stay back with her". The young man said: "O Abu Qudamah! Don't you recognise me?" "No", I replied. He said: "I am the son of the woman who gave you the trust. How fast did you forget my mother's request! I am -Insha' Allâh- the martyr son of the martyr! I ask you by Allâh not to stop me from going forth with you in Allâh's way, for I memorise Allâh's Book, and have knowledge of the Prophet's Sunnah, and I am experienced in horsemanship and shooting, and I have not left behind someone who is a better fighter than myself, so despise me not for my young age. My mother has taken an oath that I should not come back, and said: 'O son! If you meet the disbelievers, turn not your back to them, and offer your soul to Allâh, and seek to be close to Allâh, and the company of your father and your righteous uncles in the Heaven; and if Allâh grants you martyrdom, then intercede on my behalf, for I was told that the martyr can plead on behalf of seventy of his relatives, and seventy of his neighbours'. She then hugged me, lifted her head to the heavens and said: 'My Lord, Master and God, this is my son, the flower of my heart and the dearest to my soul, I present him to you, so draw him nearer to his father'."

When I heard the youth's words, I wept in grief over his good character and the beauty of his youth, and out of pity for his mother's heart, and over my astonishment at her patience on being away from him.

We went on with our journey; we rested at nightfall, and took off in the morning. During that time the youth did not cease remembering Allâh and glorifying Him. I observed his movements, and found that he was better than us when riding, and our servant once we dismounted. As we got closer and closer to the enemy, he would strengthen our determination, his spirit would fortify, his heart would purify, and the signs of happiness would cover him.

We proceeded until we were close to the land of the Kuffar. It was near sunset when we alighted. The young man was cooking food for us to break our fast when he fell asleep. He slept for a long time, and I could see him smiling during his sleep. When he woke up, I said to him: "My beloved, I saw you smiling while asleep". He said: "I saw a vision which I liked and made me laugh". I said: "What was it you saw?" He said: "I saw myself in an elegant green garden. While wandering in it, I faced a silver castle which had balconies made of pearls and jewels. Its doors were made of gold, and its curtains were lowered. I then saw some maids, whose faces were like the moons (in beauty), lifting the curtains. Upon seeing me, they said: 'Welcome'. I then heard some of them saying to the others: 'This is the husband of the 'Mardhiyyah' (Blessed)'. They then said to me: 'Come forth, may Allâh have mercy on you'. When I approached, I saw a room on the top of the castle, it was made of red gold, and had a green bed made of jewels, and its legs were made of white silver. There was a girl on the bed whose face was like the sun, and had it not been for Allâh's help I would have lost my sight, and I would have lost my mind, because of the brilliance of the room, and the beauty of the girl. Upon seeing me, the girl greeted me saying: 'Welcome, O Allâh's servant and His beloved! You are mine and I am yours.' I wanted to hug her, but she said: 'Slow down, do not rush, you are not one of those who do wrong. However, we shall meet tomorrow at the time of Zuhur prayers, so rejoice!'."

Abu Qudamah said: I then told him: "My beloved, you saw but good, and good it shall be Insha' Allâh."

Amazed at the youth's dream, we went to sleep. When we woke up, we rushed, mounted our horses, and the caller cried:

"O Allâh's horsemen! Mount, and rejoice with Paradise, 'March forth, whether you are light or heavy' [Qur'ân, 9:41]."

It was only an hour before the army of Kufur, may Allâh humiliate it, approached as if they were locusts spread abroad. The first of us to attack them was the youth, who scattered them, dispersed their lines, and plunged into their ranks; he killed many of their men, and knocked down their heroes. When I saw him doing this, I caught up with him, grabbed his horse's rein, and said: My beloved, retreat! You are a young boy who is inexperienced in warfare. He replied: "O uncle! Did you not hear Allâh's saying: 'O you who believe! When you meet those who disbelieve, in battle a field, never turn your backs to them', do you wish for me to enter the Fire of Hell?"

While talking, the Mushriks launched a great offensive, which caused us to separate, and each of us had to look after himself. When the two parties separated, the killed were countless. I rode around examining the killed, whose blood was flowing on the ground, and who could not be recognised due to the dust and blood which covered their faces.

While riding, I saw the youth between the horses' hooves, covered with dust and blood; he was saying: "O Muslims! For Allâh's Sake, get my uncle Abu Qudamah to come to me!" Upon hearing his crying, I ran towards him. I could not recognise his face because of the blood, and the marks from the horses' footsteps. I said: "Here I am, this is Abu Qudamah". He said: "O uncle, by the Lord of the Ka'bah, my dream has come true. I am the son of the rein's owner!" Upon hearing this, I threw myself on him, kissed him between the eyes, wiped the dust and blood off his face, and said: O my beloved! Do not forget your uncle Abu Qudamah, make him amongst those you intercede on their behalf on the Day of Judgement! He replied: "The likes of you cannot be forgotten! You wipe my face with your gown? My gown is worthier. O uncle, leave it, for I wish to meet Allâh in this state. O uncle! The Hoor (girl of Paradise) that I described to you, she's at my head, waiting for my soul to depart from my body, and she is saying to me: 'Hurry, I am longing for you.' O uncle, for the Sake of Allâh, if He was to bring you back safely, take my blood-stained clothes to my poor, grieved and sad mother, present them to her, and tell her: 'Allâh has accepted your gift'." He then smiled and said: "I bear witness that there is no god but Allâh, no partner has He; He has kept His promise, and I bear witness that Muhammad is Allâh's servant and Messenger; this is what Allâh and His Messenger has promised us, and Allâh and His Messenger were true to their promise." His soul then left his body.

We then enshrouded him with his clothes, and buried him, may Allâh be pleased with him and us.

When we returned from our expedition and entered the Riqqa, I headed towards the house of the young man's mother. She came out, and seemed very worried. I greeted her, she answered my Salam and said: "Did you come as a condoler or as a rejoicer?" Explain to me what is a condolence and what is a rejoice to you, may Allâh have mercy on you, I replied. She said: "If my son has come back safe, then you are indeed a condoler. Whereas if he has been killed in Allâh's Path, then you are a rejoicer!" I said: Rejoice, for Allâh has accepted your gift!

Upon hearing this she wept and said: "Did He accept it?" I said: Yes. Thereupon she said: "Praise be to Allâh who spared him for me on the Day of Judgement.".

May Allâh subhanahu wa ta'ala give us the hikmah to take correct lesson from this and give us the iman and taqwa to act upon it.

Ameen

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
09-30-2006, 06:49 PM
ssalam.
subhanallah!! i had to print this out && read this very carefully i want some more...more...more... walahi it's beautiful mashallah && Amin!! am going to keep this mashallah it's very beautiful took a while to read tho but worth it
w.salam

IbnAbdulHakim
09-30-2006, 06:57 PM
^ JazakAllah khair ukhtii at least someone read it :heated:

Kittygyal
09-30-2006, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mazed
^ JazakAllah khair ukhtii at least someone read it :heated:

salam.
aww bless Akhi mashallah i love reading to bits give me tones of reading && i will read trust also Akhi have you got any more like fantastic stories? you know where to hand them over okay
w,salam

P.S you deserve a rep for this :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Protected_Diamond
09-30-2006, 07:01 PM
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

Couldn't agree more, a wonderful, inspiring and thought-provoking article.

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

IbnAbdulHakim
09-30-2006, 07:25 PM
:salamext:

JazakAllah khair

:wasalamex

DigitalStorm82
10-01-2006, 01:28 PM
Mashallah!

IbnAbdulHakim
10-01-2006, 01:29 PM
i seriously hope this story affects everyone da way it effected me, wallahi it opens your eyes a much wider.

inshaAllah everyone will learn from this "TRUE STORY" .

ABWAN
10-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Masha'Allah....amazing story.. Jazak'Allah khayr for posting it!

Eric H
10-01-2006, 04:01 PM
Greetings and peace to you all;

These kind of stories sadden me greatly, they seem to glorify the need to kill, or be killed.

The same God created each and everyone of us, we are all brothers and sisters together despite our differences. God is eternal, he has the patience for each one of us to die, and in his time we shall all stand before him.

I ask the question why would God want us to shorten the life of someone else; a person that the same God also created?

In the spirit of praying for peace on Earth

Eric

IbnAbdulHakim
10-01-2006, 04:41 PM
^ no the story is a beautiful display of the love a young man has for his lord, his creator, his sustainer, it shows his strength, his patience, his sincerity.

You live for your lord and you die for your lord, either way your lord takes you so why duz it matter when he takes you. He will take you when he wills !

Eric H
10-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Mazed;

Islam is a religion of peace and I believe this to be true. There must be many ways to serve God and if someone was to die then it must be far greater to die without a sword in your hand and in a peace keeping role.

There are thirty thousand children dying unnecessarily of starvation and preventable diseases in Africa every day. If you need to find some injustice to fight then take this up as a noble cause.

This fight does not require guns.

Eric

IbnAbdulHakim
10-01-2006, 10:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you Mazed;

Islam is a religion of peace and I believe this to be true. There must be many ways to serve God and if someone was to die then it must be far greater to die without a sword in your hand and in a peace keeping role.

There are thirty thousand children dying unnecessarily of starvation and preventable diseases in Africa every day. If you need to find some injustice to fight then take this up as a noble cause.

This fight does not require guns.

Eric
greetings peace and respect to you Eric

fighting to fight oppressors in order to defend the oppressed, laying your life on the line, throwing away your fears, doing it all for your creator out of sincerity is the most beautiful and best way to die in my opinion.

:peace: :)

Eric H
10-01-2006, 11:26 PM
Greetings peace and respect to you Mazed,

I can remember going to a Catholic school as a teenager some forty years ago, I can remember many stories of Catholic martyrs and how they were looked on. I can remember stories of the Crusades and how they were looked on as doing God’s work.
I can remember in history the civil wars that went on for over a hundred years between Catholics and Protestants.

I remain troubled by these stories simply because our Catholic hero’s created hate and conflict with people of other faiths. People still take to heart conflicts that happened hundreds of years ago, these ancient conflicts remain in the background of today’s hostilities.

I honestly feel there is a great need to ask for forgiveness for the hurts caused by people of my faith. I feel there is a great need for people of peace to seek peace with each other.

In the spirit of fostering greater interfaith friendships

Eric

IbnAbdulHakim
10-02-2006, 11:58 AM
^

if you just hear about the people, there character, (im talking about the mujahids), there life, there example. If you hear about there struggles, there reason for fighting you wont be able to help but admire them and wish you were in there place !

- Qatada -
10-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Hi Eric.

I really love your dedication in supporting the concept of peace etc. And every single person should work to promote that idea. But in reality, we know that this isn't the case. There will alway's be people who will prefer this world over the hereafter, and will oppress innocent's, kill unjustly etc.

So how can there be an end to this? We can't just sit there and say that we're being peaceful, and not retaliate. To be just and merciful, a person at the same time needs to be stern against the oppressors, the unjust etc. Yes, we should tell them to stop in a peaceful manner, but what if they don't listen? What if they keep oppressing?

This is why fighting back is an obligation - so that the injustice doesn't continue, so the oppressor can't continue his/her oppression. Fighting back will force the oppressor to stop, or atleast weaken him/her. In the end, the victory will alway's be for the believer's, the righteous.

And there is no victory except from Allâh, the All-Mighty, the All-Wise. (Qur'an 3:126)

Justice will once again prevail insha'Allaah (God willing.) :)

Peace.

amirah_87
10-02-2006, 01:07 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

SubhanAllah, that was a great Story!! :)

Mawaddah
10-02-2006, 01:12 PM
Subhanallah that story was so amazing :cry:

MinAhlilHadeeth
10-02-2006, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
Subhanallah that story was so amazing :cry:
Isn't it?:cry:

JazakAllah khayr.

:wasalamex

mujahida_007
10-02-2006, 08:18 PM
subhanALLAH beautiful story
makes me wanna cry
the women has sum tough heart
subhanALLAH

May Allâh subhanahu wa ta'ala give us the hikmah to take correct lesson from this and give us the iman and taqwa to act upon it.
ameen

Najiullah
10-02-2006, 08:26 PM
amazing story subhanAllah

thanks for posting

Eric H
10-03-2006, 09:18 PM
Greetings and peace be with you all,

I think I understand why many of you look on this as a wonderful and beautiful story, but I wonder how you might look on this same story if I changed just a couple of things.

How would the story sound to you if I changed all the names and said that the mother and son were both Christian? How would it sound if this same son went off to fight against a Muslim army?

There is one God the creator of us all; and even if this was a Christian story I would still be troubled because it is glorifying war and people die.

There would also be enmity between Christianity and Islam because of this conflict.

The motives came across as feeling selfish from the mother as she wanted salvation through the death of her son.

This may sound hypocritical from me as a Christian, because we believe that Christ died for us. But I see these two things very differently.

To my way of thinking if the story was truly wonderful it would inspire Muslims, Christians Hindu, atheist and all others.

In the spirit of seeking justice and peace for all people

Eric

Eric H
10-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Fi_Sabilillah;

This is why fighting back is an obligation - so that the injustice doesn't continue, so the oppressor can't continue his/her oppression. Fighting back will force the oppressor to stop, or atleast weaken him/her. In the end, the victory will alway's be for the believer's, the righteous.
I would not like to be the president of a country and have to take responsibility for war or peace. But look at the mess people make when they take justice into their own hands. I am sure George Bush sees himself as a just man who thinks very much along the lines that you do. But look at the conflict that surrounds the policies of our beloved American President.

Mankind’s attempts at justice always seem to leave room for further conflict. If we had a real faith and trust in God to bring about true justice in a life after death, then we should not judge others and trust in God to bring true justice.

In the spirit of seeking a greater interfaith friendship

Eric

Sal3ma 7
10-04-2006, 03:45 AM
Subhanallah..Amazing story..:wub:

Bro thnxs 4 sharin':)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.