/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The university of Manny?

Protected_Diamond
09-30-2006, 06:59 PM
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

Wanted to ask you guys if anyone is currently studying there or has studied there?

I might do a degree in Arabic, do you think the course would be a reliable source? Do they teach in-depth or just the basics. It's a 4 years course & you get to spend a year abroad in a country that speaks arabic so what do you guys think?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!! :)

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
09-30-2006, 07:24 PM
salam.
"manny"??? i never heard of that
w.salam

Protected_Diamond
09-30-2006, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salam.
"manny"??? i never heard of that
w.salam
:sl:

Short for Manchester sis :)

:w:

Kittygyal
09-30-2006, 07:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Salamah

Short for Manchester sis :)

salam.

o0o0h "manchester" never been to that Uni only bradford uni && college but then again am not sure of manchester one
w.salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Protected_Diamond
10-01-2006, 07:32 PM

So i guess noone's been there :?

Kittygyal
10-01-2006, 07:34 PM
salam.
well not i sowiee Ukthi, where about is it??
w.salam

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-01-2006, 08:56 PM

So i guess noone's been there :?

i live in the manchester area but dnt really knw about the course u wana do although i'll be going there inshaAllah this yr...:)

seeker_of_ilm
10-01-2006, 09:34 PM
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

Wanted to ask you guys if anyone is currently studying there or has studied there?

I might do a degree in Arabic, do you think the course would be a reliable source? Do they teach in-depth or just the basics. It's a 4 years course & you get to spend a year abroad in a country that speaks arabic so what do you guys think?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!! :)

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

I got from Manchester Universities site:

Native speakers of Arabic will be involved in your language teaching at all levels on BA (Hons) Arabic Studies

So to me, this would indicate that the teachers themselves will be more than qualified to teach Arabic, and judging by the fact that its a 4 year course, coupled with the fact that you'd be studying in an Arabic speaking country for a year, I'd say that you'd learn Arabic to a good level.

Allah Knows best though. Why not e-mail the University as well with your queries, or perhaps attend their open day on the 7th of October?

Protected_Diamond
10-03-2006, 07:32 PM

Jazahka Allah khairan for your advice. I've emailed them & insha' Allah they'll get back to me. jazahka Allah khairan again!

Duhaa
10-03-2006, 07:38 PM
The University of Manchester is really good, one of the best in the North-West.
A friend of mine wanted to do Islamic Studies and Arabic there and yeah, there was no formal interview but she got to go and see everything.

It is massive and the standards are really high....
My brothers went there, studying computer science, so a completely different area but they got great degrees. So if you wanna go, I say go for it. :)

Kamilah
10-03-2006, 07:40 PM
I studied islamic studies at a different Uni...but my lecturer used to teach at that Uni for 10yrs, my relative studied that course she went to a middle eastern country for a few years(.....something to do with her course??)

my brother mentioned his friend who studied at Al-azhar for x amount of years now teaches at one of the mani uni's...could this be the same guy?? if so...then you're in for some good learning...this guy came to our masjid he is very knowledgable Masha'Allah!

i heard some islamic studies/arabic courses are taught by Jewish teachers..

Protected_Diamond
10-03-2006, 07:43 PM

Jazahka Allah khairan for taking your time & replying back to the thread sister! Much appretiated. :)

Im still thinking what to study and islamic studies & arabic was on the list but i heard you get taught by non-muslim teachers so im not really intrested in that no more. Anyways like i said jazahka Allah khairan for your comment!

Kamilah
10-03-2006, 07:55 PM

Jazahka Allah khairan for taking your time & replying back to the thread sister! Much appretiated. :)

Im still thinking what to study and islamic studies & arabic was on the list but i heard you get taught by non-muslim teachers so im not really intrested in that no more. Anyways like i said jazahka Allah khairan for your comment!

thats why i was very careful where i chose to study, i didnt like the idea of being taught by a non muslim...

i'll give you a tip sis;

find out the course tutors name....
if you visit the uni...go to the department Arabic/islamic studies department you may catch a glimpse of him coming out of his office.

Alhamdulillah my lecturer was awesome! was an honour for me to be in his lecture...he is a Dr, graduated from Al-azhaar ALSO a Shaykh-ul-Hadith at one of the boys Jamea's...he had a beard and always wore a jubbah and hat.

thing is...I had so much respect for him, that I used to feel mega shy around him...i found it hard to contribute to debates in class and whenever i spoke to him i made such an idiot of myself... i developed a sudden speech impediment and all my words used to come out all mumble jumble:embarrass :embarrass !! im blushing just thinking about it.

Protected_Diamond
10-03-2006, 07:57 PM

LOL, i can imagine sister :D Alhamdulilah for modesty sister!

Insha Allah will do do some research around this matter. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.