/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Girl in far western Nepal emits 'glass pieces' from forehead

Muezzin
10-01-2006, 06:44 AM
A bizarre case: Girl in far western Nepal emits 'glass pieces' from forehead

By J PANDEY

NEPALGUNJ, Sept 21 - In what seems to be a bizarre case that has baffled medical practitioners, a young girl in the district of Kailai, far western Nepal, has been emitting transparent solid objects, purported to be glass pieces, from her forehead.
A team of doctors from the Nepalgunj Teaching Hospital (NTH) at Kohalpur Wednesday began their research on 12-year-old Sarita Bista, who has been excreting glass pieces from the side of her forehead for the last three years.

According to family sources, Bista, who is currently under constant medical observation, has emitted more than 130 "glass pieces", averaging 4 cm in length and 1 mm breadth, since January 18, 2006.

“The CT scan report indicates that she has some kind of problem in her forehead skin," said Dr M Kiduwai who is involved in the research, "The pieces do not seem to be coming out from the bone. But we can give more details only after further investigation."

Dr. Keduwai also informed that the girl would be put under medical observation for the next three days "to study the process of formation and emission of the glass pieces." Professors SM Mishra, SK Gupta, Dr CP Pandey and Dr Anir Shrestha of Kohalpur Medical College are involved in the research.

The doctors claim this to be the first case of its kind in the history of medical science. "There are many examples where cranial bones have grown unnaturally to give the impression of horns. But the human body does not produce glass,” Dr Kiduwai said, adding, "It's a strange case."

The doctors have said that they would seek help from scientists at Nepal Academy for Science and Technology (NAST).

“Something that looked like shining glass pieces could be seen coming out of her forehead skin but there is no glass inside the cranium,” said Dr. Jitendra Mahaseth, deputy director of the NTH. Mahaseth also informed that Bista's skin sample would be sent to NAST for further investigation.

The girl has been emitting "triangular glass pieces" everyday since August 7 this year, according to her family sources. “Once she excreted 12 pieces of glass in one day,” said Sarita’s mother Dhansara Bista.

"At the beginning, there was a blister at the side of her forehead. When we scratched it, a piece of glass came out," Dhansara said explaining how her daughter started "emitting glass pieces."

Sometimes Sarita loses consciousness when she begins to "emit" glass pieces, Dhansara said, adding her daughter has never met with any accident.

Generally, Sarita starts emitting glass pieces from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., Dhansara claimed.

Sarita's parents have already spent over Rs. 300,000 for her treatment but to no avail. They have sought financial help for her further treatment.

Source (with pictures)
Weird, eh?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
10-01-2006, 06:57 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

wow, subhanallah.

Sarita's parents have already spent over Rs. 300,000 for her treatment but to no avail. They have sought financial help for her further treatment.
I think the researchers should pay her instead. I mean the girl's making glass! They could be like Napal's souvenirs lol..

sorry, bad joke

May Allah grant her shifaa ameen

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Muezzin
10-01-2006, 07:11 AM
Ameen to the dua.

This story is cool though. There really are people with (sorta) super powers.

I wonder if there's a real-life equiavalent to the X-Men...

Malaikah
10-01-2006, 07:19 AM
:sl:

Is this for real? :uuh:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
jzcasejz
10-01-2006, 07:51 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by cheese
Is this for real? :uuh:
I Think It Is...
You Can Even See A Small Pic Of Glass Pieces On A Table...:offended:...Must Be Real....

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
*sighs* :rollseyes :D

:w:

The Ruler
10-01-2006, 01:23 PM
dat wud b wikid :D:D:D

if dey did den we cud employ dem :D:D:D
:w:

S_87
10-01-2006, 01:30 PM

thats all whack

i remember watching this thing about a girl in saudi who from her eye this little black ball would come out. anyhow she had treatment, with Ruqyah and she was cured!

but :uuh:

Hajar
10-01-2006, 01:51 PM

hmm now thats strange... It remembers me of a girl who cried tears of glass..

Mawaddah
10-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Those are big pieces of glass!! :uuh:

They must hurt terribly if the poor girl faints from it :(

Allah Yashfiha Ameen.

Woodrow
10-02-2006, 09:58 PM
I think the main thing is that before any conclusions are made all known explanations must be explored. I have been in several parts of the world were parents have done some very bizarre things to their children, in order to enhance their value as beggers. I hope this is not some fraudlent scheme dreamed up for that purpose.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-02-2006, 10:05 PM
That's too weird. I don't buy it! Gotta see for myself.

Muezzin
10-03-2006, 07:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I think the main thing is that before any conclusions are made all known explanations must be explored. I have been in several parts of the world were parents have done some very bizarre things to their children, in order to enhance their value as beggers. I hope this is not some fraudlent scheme dreamed up for that purpose.
If it was some begging ploy, it backfired big time. Look at that medical bill!

Pk_#2
10-03-2006, 09:32 AM
AsalamuAlaykum,

uhh...das groce...

interesting...also

AvarAllahNoor
10-03-2006, 10:16 AM

Just call me Cyclops....

Curaezipirid
10-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Well at first I was inclined to believe the story; but that's just me. I try on any belief to test it's durablity, and in finding that it is impossible to verifiy, to test the way out of belief in what can possibly be a lie.

Now why I was engaged in believing in the first place is because there are a number of difference medical sources mentioned. But then I looked at the pictures in the source from Muezzin; and that girl is altogether too far in her pleasure about the fact of "emitting" glass pieces. Also why is she emitting rather than any other verb. The word emit makes the whole article sound like one of them dudes whom politicians employ to wangle language a bit is in on the matter. What are they called? A .............(something) doctor.

So given that the medical bills are announced, well they need not even have needed to employ any body good with English language promotion need they, to have used up all that money in bribing a few dozen or so doctors.

So the whole story can not be verified without knowing what the rate of pay in bribery in that part of India is. Nor without closely examining those bits of glass and any x-rays etc.

wasalam

Woodrow
10-03-2006, 11:05 AM
If it was some begging ploy, it backfired big time. Look at that medical bill!
Not very big in terms of Nepalese Rs. about 320 Euros.

Source: http://www.visitnepal.com/travelers_...g_in_nepal.php

would be managable over a short period of time and if the family was taking in several thousand Rs per day from people donating. 1,000 Rs. would be about $12 US so it is feasable that if this has reached Large attention I would expect 1,000 Rs donations to be fairly common.

Muezzin
10-03-2006, 11:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Curaezipirid
The word emit makes the whole article sound like one of them dudes whom politicians employ to wangle language a bit is in on the matter. What are they called? A .............(something) doctor.
A spin doctor.

Woodrow
10-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Embedded glass causes a very strange reaction. The body normally accepts it and it heals over, only to be rejected by the body at a later date and then coming out. I can recall as a kid stepping on a large piece of glass. After a week or so it healed completly and a few months later the piece of glass came out of the top of my foot. If it had not been remembered that I had stepped on that piece of glass, that would have been seen as quite unusual. Glass is not detectable in X-Rays. Near the end of WW2 when Germany began to run short of metal they resorted to making hand grenades out of glass. People that were hit by the glass shrapnal had similar type occurances happen to them for up to several years after being injured.

I could see how it would be possible for the family to be embedding pieces of glass in the child's forehead. It would heal over fairly rapidly and then a week or 2 later, be rejected and pop out.

Muezzin
10-03-2006, 06:37 PM
If that is what the family was doing to her, it's horrible.

Woodrow
10-03-2006, 09:11 PM
If that is what the family was doing to her, it's horrible.
Hopefully that is not the case. But, sadly I've seen lots of child abuse world wide. Especialy in undeveloped nations where begging has become a way of life.

I may be cynical, but I think all known possibilities need to be investigated. There are other causes of parents harming their children a well known one is the psychiatric disorder known as Munchausens syndrome by proxy.

See: http://www.emedicine.com/emerg/topic830.htm

Curaezipirid
10-07-2006, 07:27 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

I know a family who have a daughter with a series of congenital abnormalities that caused them to have spent ample time in children's hospitals. They came across a case of a woman whom had Munchausen by Proxy; and the nurses had taken weeks to figure out that she had been daily poisoning a young daugher. Apparently it is similar to repeated suicide attempts; but by proxy meaning through assault of a minor. When I first heard about it I straight away associated to all those women whom head off to the doctor for a script any time a child sneezes rather than just making sure they had warm feet. It is like just an extreme version of something that is really quite frighteningly common. Yet in every instance the common factor is that the mother mentally associates to the child as though it her Husband. Women should always only provide any mental associations of them self to their Husbands not children. The results of mothers disobeying this sacred Law are too revulsive to consider often until we become confronted with the extremity of what can go wrong. Munchausens by proxy is one of those attention seeking and demanding illnesses that is only symptomatic of a bereavement in experiencing maternal Love. I believe that only kafir get to that extreme also. Perhaps the lesson after all is that even, or especially kafir need reminders of what the actual Law is between family members as to what regard to hold one another in.

There is an awful fact that many persons tend to want to hate kafir, and in a way there is a true compassion in that. By being hated kafir expose their nature then we accord them less knowledge as is proper. But there are certain knowledges they need. Woefully it is the case that if kafir learn too much they become dangerous and I have immediate familial experience of in a blood sister whom presents herself to my mother as though she is myself, and is only able to by knowing too much. So I am wondering what could prevent Munchausen by proxy among kafir, and is it true that only kafir could get that dangerously mentally ill? But here I should avoid any absurd logic myself from detailing any further of my own mental association since I am also at this time in mind of the Amish and how they will handle that situation of a stroll in killer; and that is a distinct situation.

Also I can verify what others report about glass embedded in the skin. My mother had a car accident in 1983 and (shall I spin it?) "emitted" windscreen glass from her hands for a long time thereafter. At least months, if not years. But there seemed less glass and more space in the hands than the forehead. So we should not yet discount that the situation could factually be true that the girl has glass issuing from her body due to an undisclosed accident.

Assalam Alaikum

bint_muhammed
10-07-2006, 07:51 PM
i feel sick, honestly dis cant be for real!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.