/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please help - think i hav made a mistake

if1
10-01-2006, 11:24 AM
salaams

This is my first post and probably my most important one.
I had aspirations to study medicine but my As level grades this summer wer not up to scratch - so i was informed that i could apply with my Alevel grades - so i hav not made my uscas application or written up my pesonal statement- BUT 2day some1 told me i had to apply this year and mention that i am applying by deferred entry! i was told i had to apply with a personal statement saying why applying by deferred entry!

I am really confused and stressed so i am hoping not ever1 is too tired from fasting to help me........ tel me wot to do next
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DaNgErOuS MiNdS
10-01-2006, 12:25 PM
It's been some time since I applied but it's best if you phone UCAS up and tell them you situation, I think you can get in by the clearing process.

seeker_of_ilm
10-01-2006, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by if1
salaams

This is my first post and probably my most important one.
I had aspirations to study medicine but my As level grades this summer wer not up to scratch - so i was informed that i could apply with my Alevel grades - so i hav not made my uscas application or written up my pesonal statement- BUT 2day some1 told me i had to apply this year and mention that i am applying by deferred entry! i was told i had to apply with a personal statement saying why applying by deferred entry!

I am really confused and stressed so i am hoping not ever1 is too tired from fasting to help me........ tel me wot to do next
:sl:

You can apply during your gap year as well. Deferred entry is just for people who know what they want to do, want to apply straight after AS, but want a gap year.

if1
10-01-2006, 03:30 PM
salaam
thnks to every1 hu replied - i hav don som research with some hlp from here and i think i cleared my problem up but stil a bit unsure....

will hav to ask my form teacher tomorow and inshalla i havnt made a big mistake in not applyin this year.

wasalaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
bint_muhammed
10-03-2006, 09:52 PM
i havnt filled mine in yet, cant be bothered with personal statement. the course i'm doing, i think i'll manage the grades but its the whole process of applying is boring yet so imortant. is personal statement compulsory? (sorry for hijacking your thread)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.