/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Missed suhur?

anonymous
10-01-2006, 12:00 PM
:sl:

The calendar said time X. It was a few minutes past X so I looked outside and saw it was still dark. So I had some food....

Is my fast valid?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DigitalStorm82
10-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Calender shows two times generally...

1st. Stop Eating time
2nd. Fajr Adhaan time

It is ok to eat until the Adhaan of Fajr... and couple of minutes after Fajr if the food in your plate which you intended to eat is not finished... so it is not wasted.

But this does not mean that you can keep eating 5-10 mins after adhaan.

So, if you ate the food well after the time of Fajr Adhaan...then your fast is not valid.

However, you still cannot or should not eat or drink anything until the time of Iftar. In addition, you'll have to make up the fast you missed.

Note: It is ok to fast without suhur if you happened to miss it. It is sunnah to eat before the Fajr Adhaan but eating after it nulifies ur fast.

Also, missing suhur consistantly is not allowed either, because the jews fast from night before till the night of the next day... and the Prophet (sws) commanded us to not be like the Jews and the Christians.

Allah knows best.

W'salaamz,
Hamid

anonymous
10-02-2006, 10:10 PM
It was start of "begin fajr time". I ate a few minutes after that. Fajr jamat is about 20-25 minutes after "begin fajr time".

DigitalStorm82
10-03-2006, 12:02 AM
But it was still after fajr... You weren't already eating the food... so there is no reason for you to start eating after fajr.

Just to be safe... I suggest you make it up.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
F.Y.
10-03-2006, 02:22 AM
You ate after fajr beginning time. Your fast is invalid. You will have to make it up.
Peace

أحمد
10-04-2006, 06:18 AM
:sl: Your fast would have been invalid if it was something you done intensionally with full knowledge. I will give reference for this soon insha-Allah. A sahabi woke up for suhur and ate till morning when the thread of sunrise was visible, because he mis-understood what the Prophet (saw) had said about the thread of dawn and had place two treads (black and white) and kept looking back and forth, but till morning he could see no difference. Later on he discovered that the Prophet (saw) was telling them about the change which appears in the sky at the time of dawn. His fast was still valid, as his intension was right, but his understanding was not. Similarly with the people who prayed Salah without ablution because they did not know any alternative system (tayammum), their prayer was still accepted.

DigitalStorm82
10-04-2006, 10:36 AM
This individual had full knowledge of the time restrictions... so the fast is invalid.

~Stranger~
10-04-2006, 10:55 AM
:sl:

plz everyoen be careful when u say fast valid/invalid when u dont have the knowledge enough to do that

just make it up bro/sis, just to be safe and save urself some headaches. ull get the reward anyway (and its good to fast from time to time even if its not ramadan)

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.