/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Windows Media Player

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-01-2006, 01:33 PM
:sl:

Dunno how this happened. Whenever I want to play a video or an audio in Windows Media Player after like every 15 seconds there is this "beeeeep" sound that lasts for about 3-5 seconds and it happens throughout the time the file is played at like 15 second intervels. Any idea how I can get rid of that? I have WMP 10 btw.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
10-01-2006, 01:36 PM
i kno its long but try reinstalling it ?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-01-2006, 01:40 PM

Did it happen to you?^ I tried..but it didnt work. I had Beta 2 of WMP 11 and now ive taken that out..and I have WMP 10. I cant take it out cause its not showing up on the Add/Remove Programs List.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-01-2006, 01:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ähmed

Did it happen to you?^ I tried..but it didnt work. I had Beta 2 of WMP 11 and now ive taken that out..and I have WMP 10. I cant take it out cause its not showing up on the Add/Remove Programs List.

sounds like u got nicely hacked, naa it neva happened to me lol i dont like putting bombs in my machine :p but im thinkin it might be any codecs you may have installed or even your sound card drivers cudda gotten mixed up. How bout reinstalling your drivers???

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-01-2006, 01:44 PM

How do I do that?

IbnAbdulHakim
10-01-2006, 01:45 PM
reinstall your sound card drivers. You should have a CD or at least a website of your soundcard. What soundcard do u hav?

Najiullah
10-01-2006, 01:46 PM

is ur system restore enable?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Soundmax Digital Audio

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-01-2006, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Najiullah
is ur system restore enable?
It is..but I have no idea when to restore it to.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-01-2006, 01:48 PM
http://www.soundmax.com/

^^ Try get the drivers from that site n install em, oh and im sry if it makes things worse :offended:

Najiullah
10-01-2006, 01:48 PM
Soundmax Digital Audio
try someother audio player if they have the same problem then u can install sound drivers

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-01-2006, 01:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Najiullah
try someother audio player if they have the same problem then u can install sound drivers
I did. Audio is ok in realplayer. But video is the same thing.

Try get the drivers from that site n install em, oh and im sry if it makes things worse
They dont let you download drivers :( Something about it being integrated or something. :(

IbnAbdulHakim
10-01-2006, 01:53 PM
so u dont hav any CD's at all for dat soundcard? :?

Najiullah
10-01-2006, 01:54 PM
I did. Audio is ok in realplayer. But video is the same thing.

They dont let you download drivers :( Something about it being integrated or something. :(
if u are using windows xp use system restore

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-01-2006, 02:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mazed
so u dont hav any CD's at all for dat soundcard? :?
Nope. Just went thru all that I have and I cudnt find one for it.

if u are using windows xp use system restore
Not sure what date to restore it to.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-01-2006, 02:06 PM
hmm im lost bro, reinstall windows :D

Najiullah
10-01-2006, 02:09 PM
Nope. Just went thru all that I have and I cudnt find one for it.

Not sure what date to restore it to.
when last time ur sound was working :)

i guess u unistalled wmp11 day before yesterday u told us in aimas thread also there must be a list of sofwares ,
i guess its better to restore than reinstalling everything

also u can always udno the cahnges

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-01-2006, 02:39 PM

There went the sound altogether :( I dunno, maybe my sound card is fried. Ill do a system restore and see what happens... :(

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly.
Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver
A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-01-2006, 09:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Was that because you tried the thing from the link I gave? :ooh:

Go here, info on the error you get, try recommended steps:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123/

Ok. I did a system restore and the sounds back Alhamdullilah but the beep is still there. The funny thing is, there is no error that it reports, but this happens while its playing.

The Audio Thread there is exactly whats happening. I tried to uninstall the latest WMP Update and I succeded. Then I unistalled the Media Player Runtime and restarted and poof there went the audio. I did a system restore so its back Alhamdullilah. Funnily enough, the old Windows Media Player Update prior to the one now, is used by so many different programs apparently that I dont want to risk uninstalling it.

ABWAN
10-01-2006, 09:45 PM
If you want to uninstall Media player and if its not displayed in the Add/Remove Programs list, then select 'Add/Remove Windows Components' from the left tab and them uncheck Windows media player in that list. This should hopefully uninstall Windows Media player and all its updates.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.