PDA

View Full Version : If Islam means Peace, then why does it preach JIhad?



nabeelaejaz
06-17-2005, 07:20 AM
If Islam means Peace, then why does it preach JIhad?


Watch the answer now only 1.4mb

Answer: http://www.returntoislam.com/videos/...uism/jihad.wmv

Size: 1.4mb

Question: If Islam means Peace, then why does it preach Jihad?
Speaker: Dr. Zakir Naik
Event: Similarities between Hinduism & Islam
Venue: Mumbai, India

Who is Dr. Zakir Naik?
A medical doctor by professional training, Dr. Zakir Naik is renowed as a dynamic international orator on Islam and Comparative Religion. Dr. Zakir Naik clarifies Islamic viewpoints and clears misconceptions about Islam, using the Qur'an, authentic Hadith and other religious Scriptures as a basis, in conjunction with reason, logic and scientific facts. He is 37 years old.Dr. Zakir is popular for his critical analysis and convincing answers to challenging questions posed by audiences after his public talks. In the last 6 years (by the year 2002), Dr. Zakir Naik has delivered more than 600 public talks in the U.S.A., Canada, U.K., Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, South Africa, Mauritius, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, Hongkong, Thailand, Guyana (South America) and many other countries, in addition to numerous public talks in India. He has successfully participated in several symposia and dialogues with prominent personalities of other faiths. His public dialogue with Dr. William Campbell (of USA), on the topic, “The Qur’an and the Bible in the light of Science” held in city of Chicago, U.S.A., on April 1, 2000 was a resounding success.

Spread the word to your Muslims & Non-Muslims friends!
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jolly muslim
06-17-2005, 12:45 PM
AS SALAMALIQUM
alls
my answers is .................................................. .......
islam want peace but islam have some rules rules r u can see on hadit book and quran also ,so when some peoples try to destroy islamic rules when islam allow JIhad,but jihad have many types 1 is try to solve the matter by conversation 2nd is try to convex 3nd is war so when some peoples doesnot understand these types so islam allow to war ook i think many body say right thanks u all ALLAH HAFIZ
SAIRA SISTER
Reply

Far7an
06-17-2005, 01:33 PM
Assalamu 'alaikum

Jazakallah khair for sharing that ...

Please read this also InshaAllah
Reply

Paki100
06-17-2005, 02:56 PM
Dr. Zakir Naik is a Roaring Lion, May Allah Bless him life, he is Great. We need his type of Scholars to shutup the enemies of Islam.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Hajar
06-17-2005, 09:48 PM
:) :)
Reply

Nakisai
06-17-2005, 10:22 PM
how can my sister and brother say that war is good and has any holy meaning when they are killing everyother like nothing.
Reply

hazratg
06-18-2005, 01:13 AM
:sl:
JIhad is defence system of Islam.
When we ignore Jihad, Kuffar were never give us rights to live with peace.
Peace is come with power always, and Jihad is power of Muslims.
There are 484 ayaath on JIhad in Qur'an Majeed.
When we doing Jihad, we will save.
Today the kuffar are in power therefore no any peace present in the world.

In the following link you will find 484 Ayaath on Jihad.


http://www.hallagulla.com/vb3/showth...5&page=1&pp=10
Reply

Ansar Al-'Adl
06-18-2005, 01:48 AM
:sl: The reason why there are so many misconceptions about Jihad is because people don't understand what it is. It is a struggle to enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil, a struggle to uphold justice, peace and security in the land. For more info:
http://www.load-islam.com/c/Islam/JihadExplanation

:w:
Reply

Nakisai
06-18-2005, 01:54 AM
what about the some of us who are killing each other because the think that the west is trying to take over. we need to really think about that JIHAd is to be a holy war not a killing free 4 all. the west looks at us beause we go to war wth our own people not with a care or about and some try to justfify it by saying that it a holy war and its for the sake of Allah now try to tell us that is ok.
Reply

Nakisai
06-18-2005, 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
:sl: The reason why there are so many misconceptions about Jihad is because people don't understand what it is. It is a struggle to enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil, a struggle to uphold justice, peace and security in the land. For more info:
http://www.load-islam.com/c/Islam/JihadExplanation

:w:
:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :thumbs_up :wilted_ro now see that what it is some people who want to be seen so bad but also want to right in there way justifity it by saying that it is JIHAD.
Reply

Ansar Al-'Adl
06-18-2005, 02:03 AM
:sl:
Of course, there are millio0ns of problems in the Muslim world, and there is much fighting, but this is not Jihad. Jihad is fighting solely for god, to bring justice and security to the land.
Originally Posted by Nakisai
what about the some of us who are killing each other because the think that the west is trying to take over.
Bukhari Volume 9, Book 83, Number 7:
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar:
The Prophet said, "After me (i.e. after my death), do not become disbelievers, by striking (cutting) the necks of one another.

we need to really think about that JIHAd is to be a holy war not a killing free 4 all.
jihad is not a "holy war", as war is not holy. The term "holy war" was coined by the crusaders. jihad is a struggle for the pleasure of One's Lord. Please refer to the article I mentioned in my previous post.

Muslims need to educate eachother about the true Islamic concepts because otherwise we will die in ignorance.

:w:
Reply

Nakisai
06-18-2005, 02:49 AM
ok what the pleasure one is to kill off all the non musilms ? is that ok
Reply

Ansar Al-'Adl
06-18-2005, 03:28 AM
Originally Posted by Nakisai
ok what the pleasure one is to kill off all the non musilms ? is that ok
Killing non-muslims is HARAAM (PROHIBTED) and is NOT something pleasing to God.

6:151 Take not life, which God hath made sacred, except by way of justice and law: thus does He command you, that ye may learn wisdom.

17:33 Nor take life, which God has made sacred, except for just cause. And if anyone is slain wrongfully, We have given his heir authority (to demand Qisas(retribution) or to forgive): but let him not exceed bounds in the matter of taking life; for he is helped (by the law)


8:61 But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in God: for He is One that heareth and knoweth (all things).

We can only fight people who are hostile and attack Muslims. We CANNOT attack peaceful non-muslims. If a non-muslim attacks us, then we may defend ourselves - that is jihaad. But we cannot go and kill a non-muslim who is not harming us! That is completely against the Qur'an and Sunnah.

:w:
Reply

Nakisai
06-18-2005, 07:52 PM
but thats my point. if it not than there is a line that needs to said when we use that word.
Reply

Nakisai
06-18-2005, 09:22 PM
What Does Jihad Mean?
Jamal A. Badawi, Ph.D.
Professor of Religious Studies
St Mary’s University, Halifax, NS, Canada

The Qur’anic Arabic term Jihad has been commonly mistranslated as “Holy War”. The original Qur’an is in Arabic, not English. The Arabic equivalent of the English _expression “Holy War” is “ Harb Muqaddasah”, an _expression which is not found anywhere in the Qur’an or in the authentic sayings of the Prophet of Islam. Even when the Qur’an speaks about defensive war, it never glorifies it or calls it “Holy”, but as something which is inherently hated [2:216-217]. However, as a last resort, it may be better [than doing nothing in the face of aggression or oppression]. Furthermore, the term “Holy War” means, lexically, a fight on behalf of one religion against the other [s]. There is no verse in the Qur’an that condones fighting any peaceful non-Muslim on the sole ground that he/she is a non-Muslim. The Qur’an prohibits compulsion in religion [2:256] and even allows some form of interfaith marriage. For example, a Muslim male may marry a Jewish or Christian woman [5:5]. It may be argued, from religious perspectives that the _expression “Holy War” is a contradiction of terms as there is nothing “Holy” about war and its results; bloodshed, destruction and human suffering. It may be a lesser evil, but not holy in itself.
It may be useful then to find out the meaning of “Jihad” in both its literal and religious meanings. Jihad is an Arabic term derived from the root “JHD” which means, literally, to strive or exert effort. The term Jihad and other similar terms derived from the same root are used in the Qur’an [the Muslim holy book] and in Hadeeth [sayings of Muhammad, Prophet of Islam] in three contexts. Firstly, it is used in the context of prayers, doing righteous deeds and self-purification; inward Jihad or struggle against evil inclinations within oneself [Qur’an, 22:77-78; 29:4-7]. Secondly, it is used in the context of social Jihad, or striving for truth, justice and goodness in one’s relationship with other humans. Examples of this usage include the payment of charity to the needy [49:15] and striving to persuade those who reject God’s prophets
by referring to the arguments presented in the Qur’an [25:51-52]. Thirdly, it is used in the context of the battlefield, which is often called, more specifically, Qital, which means fighting. That later form; the combative Jihad, is allowed in the Qur’an for legitimate self-defense in the face of unprovoked aggression or in resisting severe oppression, on religious or other grounds [2:190-194]. No other verse in the Qur’an, when placed in its proper textual and historical context, permit fighting others on the basis of their faith, ethnicity or nationality [60:8-9]. The Qur’an recognizes plurality in human societies, including religious plurality, as part of God’s plan in creation [10:19; 11:118-119]. It calls for peaceful and respectful dialogue, not forced conversion whether through war or other forms of coercion [3:64, 16:125, and 29:46].
Reply

Ansar Al-'Adl
06-19-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Nakisai
but thats my point. if it not than there is a line that needs to said when we use that word.
:sl: I didn't understand your point, could you explain?
Reply

Nakisai
06-19-2005, 08:31 PM
if you read that post after that one you will see my ponit we as musilms are allowing so "musilms " say that holy war is jihad. and we do nothing or don't say anything the frist way to make people understand the truth is for us to correct what is wrong.
Reply

Ansar Al-'Adl
06-19-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Nakisai
if you read that post after that one you will see my ponit we as musilms are allowing so "musilms " say that holy war is jihad. and we do nothing or don't say anything the frist way to make people understand the truth is for us to correct what is wrong.
:sl: But we're not allowing it, we're trying to shatter this misconception by spreading the true information abpout Jihaad.

If you're speaking about the current muslim governments and certain leaders, then I agree they aren't doing very much to propagate the true message of Islam.

:w:
Reply

Nakisai
06-19-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
:sl: But we're not allowing it, we're trying to shatter this misconception by spreading the true information abpout Jihaad.

If you're speaking about the current muslim governments and certain leaders, then I agree they aren't doing very much to propagate the true message of Islam.

:w:
:applaud: :applaud: as a american so of us see it that way. but we must as you say stop this. :wilted_ro
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-29-2011, 12:58 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2009, 02:24 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 06:25 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-20-2005, 11:00 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!