/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help finding a video on ancient civilizations

DigitalStorm82
10-02-2006, 08:27 AM
Anyone know where I can find a documentary video of ancient civilizations mentioned in the Quran and Hadith?

I had a video but my uncle borrowed it and I never got it back lol but Alhumdulillah it was for a good use.. spreading knowledge inshallah. It was a great video showed all the places... the body of pharo.. even the rock that the prophet Musa (as) struck with this staff and it opened up in different places and water sprang forth from all the openings.

Also it showed different pottery and utensils.. even food of people and people themselves turned into rock (somewhere near italy - forgot the name of the town)

but yea, I've been trying to find it again.. but no luck... If someone has a link or something to a site that has those kind of videos please do share.

Jazakallah Khair.

W'salaamz,
Hamid

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Najiullah
10-02-2006, 08:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DigitalStorm82
Anyone know where I can find a documentary video of ancient civilizations mentioned in the Quran and Hadith?

I had a video but my uncle borrowed it and I never got it back lol but Alhumdulillah it was for a good use.. spreading knowledge inshallah. It was a great video showed all the places... the body of pharo.. even the rock that the prophet Musa (as) struck with this staff and it opened up in different places and water sprang forth from all the openings.

Also it showed different pottery and utensils.. even food of people and people themselves turned into rock (somewhere near italy - forgot the name of the town)

but yea, I've been trying to find it again.. but no luck... If someone has a link or something to a site that has those kind of videos please do share.

Jazakallah Khair.

W'salaamz,
Hamid
can u understand urdu i have one but its in urdu

DigitalStorm82
10-02-2006, 12:06 PM
yeah, I think the one I had was in urdu too.. and some parts were in english.

itsme
10-02-2006, 04:53 PM
:sl:

have you tried Harun Yahya's site?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
10-02-2006, 10:23 PM
even food of people and people themselves turned into rock (somewhere near italy - forgot the name of the town)
That was the cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum. They were buried by Hot ash from an Eruption of Mt Vesuvius i AD 79. The ash hardened However it left excellent casts of all the organic material, including humans. Over the centuries the casts filled in with silt which hardened into stone, in the shape of the objects the volcano had buried. Some of the teeth and bones did not decat and remained a part of the castings which later became visible as the ash washed away.

What is amasing is both cities were believed to have been mythological until these casting were discovered. I believe it was sometime in the 1700's that they were found.

Many films have been made about them. A google search of either name will show many references.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.