/* */

PDA

View Full Version : really really funny

nishom
10-02-2006, 09:46 AM
Salaam, look what i found on islamqa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meaning of the word Pokemon

Question:
What is Meaning of the word Pokemon ?

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

We have heard many suggestion as to the meaning of this world, which may be exaggerations made up by some people, or they may rumours spread by competitors.

The correct view is that this is a name that comes from Japan. It is taken from the (English) words “Pocket monster” and means an animal that is small enough to fit in one’s pocket. “Pokemon” is an abbreviation of these two words.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Najiullah
10-02-2006, 09:48 AM
:):):):) cool

afriend
10-02-2006, 09:48 AM
;D

That's jokes lol!!!!

Malaikah
10-02-2006, 09:53 AM
:lol: :haha:

can he provide a hadith for that?.... ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DigitalStorm82
10-02-2006, 12:15 PM
lol... Thats an insult!

That site is Mashallah so good... They should just ignore stupid questions like that.

- Qatada -
10-02-2006, 12:26 PM
:wasalamex

lol subhan Allah! them guyz remind me of the salaf.. their ready to help you out on anything halaal lol.. masha'Allah.

why waz u searchin fo pokemon anyway :p

:salamext:

Mawaddah
10-02-2006, 01:39 PM
:lol: I wonder why they just didn't ignore this question? :lol:

Al-Zaara
10-02-2006, 01:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese
:lol: :haha:

can he provide a hadith for that?.... ;D
looool Exactly! :rollseyes :D :D :D
So funny... ;D ;D ;D

MinAhlilHadeeth
10-02-2006, 01:48 PM

Lol... mashaAllah, ready to answer even the most idle of questions.:)

S_87
10-02-2006, 01:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm 'Abdullah

:sl:

loooooool at this emoticon. hes so cute :lol:

i think the first line of the answer is why he answered it though, why would you ask a sheikh what it means? :hiding:

- Qatada -
10-02-2006, 02:12 PM
The correct view is that this is a name that comes from Japan. It is taken from the (English) words “Pocket monster” and means an animal that is small enough to fit in one’s pocket. “Pokemon” is an abbreviation of these two words.

And Allaah knows best.

He never quoted a hadith, but the way he said 'the correct view is...' make's it look like it's an ikhtilaaf (difference of opinion?) issue.. and the stronger opinion is that "this is a name that comes from Japan. It is taken from the (English) words “Pocket monster” and means an animal that is small enough to fit in one’s pocket. “Pokemon” is an abbreviation of these two words."

lol subhan Allaah..

MinAhlilHadeeth
10-02-2006, 02:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
He never quoted a hadith, but the way he said 'the correct view is...' make's it look like it's an ikhtilaaf (difference of opinion?) issue.. and the stronger opinion is that "this is a name that comes from Japan. It is taken from the (English) words “Pocket monster” and means an animal that is small enough to fit in one’s pocket. “Pokemon” is an abbreviation of these two words."

lol subhan Allaah..

I think he said there was. Lol. Hey do you know if they answer all the questions posted? Because I posted a question about uni a few days ago, but my sister said her question that she posted a while back didn't get answered.:(

BlissfullyJaded
10-02-2006, 02:25 PM

I don't think they get to answer all questions, because they must get a looott... I've heard quite a few people saying they've yet to get a reply. :hiding:

You might want to try Islam Today:
http://islamtoday.com/fatwa_max.cfm?...TOKEN=32065069
Their quota is filled today, but inshaAllah try again, and they'll reply.. :)

lol @ the pokeman thing. ;D Ditto what amani said...why would you ask a sheikh that? :X

MinAhlilHadeeth
10-02-2006, 02:30 PM
Ok, inshaAllah i'll be patient. I don't think i've been on Islamtoday. Is it good then?:)

Abdulwaheed
10-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Hahaha i love the way he finished the answer with "Allah knows best" ;D

10-02-2006, 02:34 PM
lol that's so funny he gave a proper answer and all ;D

Sal3ma 7
10-03-2006, 04:12 AM
lol..:D

The Ruler
10-03-2006, 07:33 AM

once i herd it dat de meanin o de pokemonz names r summink bad abt islam n Allah n am lyk wt?!....i tol ma dad n hes lyk stop watchin it...n am lyk :'(

but now its c-0-0-l :D:D:D:D

:w:

*bLu_cRyStAl*
10-03-2006, 07:34 AM
[PIE]lol...ha ha ha ha ha...lol[/PIE]

[S]but i heard that pokemon means well
i dont really kno wat it means but de
juish people calls muslims pokamon!/S]

Muezzin
10-03-2006, 07:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Glacier*+

once i herd it dat de meanin o de pokemonz names r summink bad abt islam n Allah n am lyk wt?!....i tol ma dad n hes lyk stop watchin it...n am lyk :'(

but now its c-0-0-l :D:D:D:D

Don't believe everything you hear.

And yeah, the idea that someone asks about this is pretty funny - but it's good they asked! People should ask more before they start branding things 'haraam'.

Sanobar
10-03-2006, 07:58 AM

:haha: :giggling: this is funny..! wonder what made him ask the sheik!?!? :?

~Stranger~
10-03-2006, 08:13 AM

whats so funny :?
Thats an insult!
indeed

:s:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.