/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Quran and Ramadan

broth3r Ali
10-03-2006, 08:59 PM
In the Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

:sl:

God Almighty gives the details of Ramadan with knowledge, guidance and mercy for us in the following verses of the Quran. Is it not enough for us!?

[7:52] We have given them a scripture that is fully detailed, with (1) knowledge, (2) guidance, and (3) mercy for the people who believe

[2:183] O you believe, fasting is decreed for you, as it was decreed for those before you, that you may attain salvation.

[2:184] Specific days (are designated for fasting); if one is ill or traveling, an equal number of other days may be substituted. Those who can fast, but with great difficulty, may substitute feeding one poor person for each day of breaking the fast. If one volunteers (more righteous works), it is better. But fasting is the best for you, if you only knew.

[2:185] Ramadan is the month during which the Quran was revealed, providing guidance for the people, clear teachings, and the statute book. Those of you who witness this month shall fast therein. Those who are ill or traveling may substitute the same number of the other days. God wishes for you convenience, not hardship, that you may fulfill your obligations, and to glorify God for guiding you, and to express your appreciation.

[2:186] When My servants ask you about Me, I am always near. I answer their prayers when they pray to Me. The people shall respond to Me and believe in Me, in order to be guided.

[2:187] Permitted for you is sexual intercourse with your wives during the nights of fasting. They are the keepers of your secrets, and you are the keepers of their secrets. God knew that you used to betray your souls, and He has redeemed you, and has pardoned you. Henceforth, you may have intercourse with them, seeking what God has permitted for you. You may eat and drink until the white thread of light becomes distinguishable from the dark thread of night at dawn. Then, you shall fast until sunset. Sexual intercourse is prohibited if you decide to retreat to the masjid (during the last ten days of Ramadan). These are God's laws; you shall not transgress them. God thus clarifies His revelations for the people, that they may attain salvation.

[97:1] We revealed it in the Night of Destiny.
[97:2] How awesome is the Night of Destiny!
[97:3] The Night of Destiny is better than a thousand months.
[97:4] The angels and the Spirit descend therein, by their Lord's leave, to carry out every command.
[97:5] Peaceful it is until the advent of the dawn.

Please encourage readers to study and follow the Quran for salvation.

Thank you and may God guide all of us, Ali :thumbs_up

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MusLiM 4 LiFe
10-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.