/* */

PDA

View Full Version : pls i need a advisee ASAP

AnonymousPoster
10-04-2006, 07:22 PM
salam

as i thought of this ramadan .. i always made dua that Allah SWT leads me to the right path ..:cry: .but ma big prob is tht ma family lissen to music specailly ma bro lissens to music for 24hrs .. which i realllyy hatee:cry: .. i always tell him to turn it off ...but none of them listen
they all kno tht music is haraam but there just not bothered to stop it
I always make duaa .:cry: ..to lead ma family to the straight path ..
but it neva happens:cry: ...

but i wanted to ask what is the best thing for me to do to stay away from listen to music?

pls help
w.salam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
10-04-2006, 07:25 PM
salam.
well listen matey just tell Allah to lead them right path okay
w.salam

Woodrow
10-04-2006, 07:28 PM
You probably will not be able to avoid the sounds. However, you can try your best to keep from being part of the music. Make du'a for the strength to ignore it. Think of it as terms of noise and not music. Just a racket made by silly bits of metal and animal skins. Do not attatch any meaning to it and avoid trying to blend in with it.

Lots of Du'as and lots of Qur'an recitations. Consider the first sounds of it as being an alarm to read the Qur'an

IbnAbdulHakim
10-04-2006, 07:32 PM
hmm....

i dont really kno wat to say...
A hugely shocking event took place which made me and my family realise this life is nothing and the quranic ayyat:

And keep thy soul content with those who call on their Lord morning and evening, seeking His Face; and let not thine eyes pass beyond them, seeking the pomp and glitter of this Life; no obey any whose heart We have permitted to neglect the remembrance of Us, one who follows his own desires, whose case has gone beyond all bounds.

~Surah Al-Kahf Verse 28

Those who desire the life of the present and its glitter,- to them we shall pay (the price of) their deeds therein,- without diminution.

Surah Hud Verse 15
On the other hand, for those who fear their Lord, are Gardens, with rivers flowing beneath; therein are they to dwell (for ever),- a gift from the presence of Allah; and that which is in the presence of Allah is the best (bliss) for the righteous.

Surah Al-Imraan Verse 198

Now sis give a LOT of attention to this ayyat:

O Messenger! let not those grieve thee, who race each other into unbelief: (whether it be) among those who say "We believe" with their lips but whose hearts have no faith; or it be among the Jews,- men who will listen to any lie,- will listen even to others who have never so much as come to thee. They change the words from their (right) times and places: they say, "If ye are given this, take it, but if not, beware!" If any one's trial is intended by Allah, thou hast no authority in the least for him against Allah. For such - it is not Allah's will to purify their hearts. For them there is disgrace in this world, and in the Hereafter a heavy punishment.

:salamext:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Protected_Diamond
10-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Don't give up! Duas aren't answered for a number of reasons and one reason amongst them is that Allah s.w.a is testing your patience & in order to catogrise your level in jannat Allah s.w.a test the believers. When they listen to music, warn them and if they don't listen to you just go to a different room & listen to quran sharif. There's loads of shekihs with different voices & masha Allah they all good. Download them from this site;

http://english.islamway.com/sindex.p...=erecitorslist

DigitalStorm82
10-07-2006, 01:03 PM
I suggest you focus on their bigger weaknesses... Do they pray 5x a day? Read Quran..etc.

They wont care about music being haram if they don't pray..etc.

Focus on bigger issues.

w'salaamz

Samira_01
10-08-2006, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DigitalStorm82
I suggest you focus on their bigger weaknesses... Do they pray 5x a day? Read Quran..etc.

They wont care about music being haram if they don't pray..etc.

Focus on bigger issues.

w'salaamz

same question

AnonymousPoster
10-08-2006, 06:30 PM
yes they du alhamdulilah ..ma problem is only the music:cry:

DigitalStorm82
10-08-2006, 06:49 PM
If they pray.. alhumdulillah...

Do acts of Ibadaah that boosts imaan... I still think if you directly approach them about music they will just look the other way... i know cause I tried it with my family.

You have to make them love Allah first.. only then they will feel the urge to stop listening to music.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-08-2006, 07:14 PM
:sl:

While they put on music, you put on some awesome Quran recitation louder, with some awesome Qari's. Perhaps due to repsect to it, they'll turn off their music and perhaps Inshallah grow to love to listen to the Quran and leave music soon.

Bukhari :: Book 6 :: Volume 61 :: Hadith 515

Narrated Yusuf bin Mahk:

While I was with Aisha, the mother of the Believers, a person from Iraq came and asked, "What type of shroud is the best?" 'Aisha said, "May Allah be merciful to you! What does it matter?" He said, "O mother of the Believers! Show me (the copy of) your Qur'an," She said, "Why?" He said, "In order to compile and arrange the Qur'an according to it, for people recite it with its Suras not in proper order." 'Aisha said, "What does it matter which part of it you read first? (Be informed) that the first thing that was revealed thereof was a Sura from Al-Mufassal, and in it was mentioned Paradise and the Fire. When the people embraced Islam, the Verses regarding legal and illegal things were revealed. If the first thing to be revealed was: 'Do not drink alcoholic drinks.' people would have said, 'We will never leave alcoholic drinks,' and if there had been revealed, 'Do not commit illegal sexual intercourse, 'they would have said, 'We will never give up illegal sexual intercourse.' While I was a young girl of playing age, the following Verse was revealed in Mecca to Muhammad: 'Nay! But the Hour is their appointed time (for their full recompense), and the Hour will be more grievous and more bitter.' (54.46) Sura Al-Baqara (The Cow) and Surat An-Nisa (The Women) were revealed while I was with him." Then 'Aisha took out the copy of the Qur'an for the man and dictated to him the Verses of the Suras (in their proper order) .
Bukhari :: Book 6 :: Volume 60 :: Hadith 144

Narrated Anas:
The alcoholic drink which was spilled was Al-Fadikh. I used to offer alcoholic drinks to the people at the residence of Abu Talha. Then the order of prohibiting Alcoholic drinks was revealed, and the Prophet ordered somebody to announce that: Abu Talha said to me, "Go out and see what this voice (this announcement ) is." I went out and (on coming back) said, "This is somebody announcing that alcoholic beverages have been prohibited." Abu Talha said to me, "Go and spill it (i.e. the wine)," Then it (alcoholic drinks) was seen flowing through the streets of Medina. At that time the wine was Al-Fadikh. The people said, "Some people (Muslims) were killed (during the battle of Uhud) while wine was in their stomachs." So Allah revealed: "On those who believe and do good deeds there is no blame for what they ate (in the past)." (5.93)
The point of these hadiths is to show the wisdom with which the Quran was revealed. The first verses were about Paradise and the Fire which put Iman into the hearts of the Companions and raised it a higher level. As Aisha r.a. said, had the first verses been of forbiddance, people would never have listned. But since they were talking about the Aakihrah, and that took a firm hold in the people's hearts they found it easy to leave the Haram. That is what you need to do to your family. The problem there is lack of Iman. Work on their Iman. Make their Iman go up.

As you can see the in second hadith, in Madinah when the verse that forbade alcohol came down, the streets were flowing with it. It was easy for them to leave it because their Iman was already up. They desired Paradise greatly and they Feared Allah and the Fire greatly. Thus once Zina and Alcohol were forbidden, everyone left it at once.

Same thing with your family. Work on their Iman. Its tough, youll get labelled, extremist etc etc. But be patient and make lots of Dua Inshallah and Inshallah Allah will guide them away from it.

:w:

Hijaabi22
10-08-2006, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
salam

as i thought of this ramadan .. i always made dua that Allah SWT leads me to the right path ..:cry: .but ma big prob is tht ma family lissen to music specailly ma bro lissens to music for 24hrs .. which i realllyy hatee:cry: .. i always tell him to turn it off ...but none of them listen
they all kno tht music is haraam but there just not bothered to stop it
I always make duaa .:cry: ..to lead ma family to the straight path ..
but it neva happens:cry: ...

but i wanted to ask what is the best thing for me to do to stay away from listen to music?

pls help
w.salam

intrduce them to the MANY MANY MAAAAANNNNNY islamic alternatives , that worked wid me :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.