/* */

PDA

View Full Version : fibromyalgia

SpazzBurd
10-05-2006, 12:06 AM
:sl:

I was just wondering if anyone here has fibromyalgia, and how it affects their life and practice of Islam.

I'm pretty sure I have it, and it is very painful. Especially if the weather is hot or I overheat. I also get very tired. There are other things, but those are the main ones. At the begining of Ramadan, I tried to fast the first two days. I ate in the morning before sunrise, and once the sun went down. I wasn't able to make it through the second day, because I got rather sick. Dizzy, lightheaded, felt like passing out. Almost enough to go to the hospital, but not that bad. I mentioned that to my doctor, and she said I shouldn't do that again.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
F.Y.
10-05-2006, 12:51 AM
Salam Spazzburd :)
Would you like to tell us what it is like to have fibromyalgia? How does it affect the body? I would be very interested. I am sorry you had a tough time keeping a fast - may Allah make it easy for you.
Peace

SpazzBurd
10-07-2006, 10:11 PM
:sl:

Fibromyalgia is a condition is which a person is very sensitive to pain. There are 18 points on the body, called tender points, which are painful in people with fibromyalgia. There are a lot of symptoms associated with the pain. This is a good website: http://www.sover.net/~devstar/.

For me, I have a lot of pain in my back and legs most of the time. I'm also stiff all the time, which is not relieved by stretching or warmth. My hands are numb all the time, and all my muscles are extremely weak, despite the exercise that I am able to do. Thinking, concentrating and remembering are a lot of trouble.

At present, there is no cure, and even the exact cause is unknown. There are treatments which can help lessen some of the symptoms, but nothing that would remove them completely.

Hopefully this is enough information for you.

:w:

Dr. Jawad
10-08-2006, 07:59 PM
Do you have stress?any depression?

The patients I have seen with fibromyalgia usually have an underlying stress disorder as well...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Maimunah
10-08-2006, 08:21 PM
ooh may Allah grant u quick recovery.
i thought i had the same prob but the doctor told me that am just lacking vitamin D. alhamdulilaah:)
wasalaam

Dr. Jawad
10-09-2006, 04:24 PM
1.Eat a well balanced diet of 50 percent raw foods and fresh "live" juices The diet should consist mostly of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, raw nuts ,and seeds, skinless chicken. These quality foods supply nutrients that renew energy and build IMMUNITY.

2. Include pomegranates and pomegranate juice in your diet . they have ANTI INFLAMMATORY AND ANTIOXIDANT PROPERTIES

3. Eat 4-5 SMALL meals daily to keep a steady supply of protein and carbohydrates available for protein function. IF THE BODY DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH FUEL FOR ENERGY, IT WIL ROB THE MUSCLES OF ESSENTIAL NUTRIENTS, CAUSING MUSCLE WASTING AND PAIN.

4. Drink PLENTY of liquids to flush out toxins. The best choiches are STEAM DISTILLED WATER AND HERBAL TEAST. Fresh vegetable juices supply necessary vitamins and minerals

5.Limit your consumption of green peppers, egglplant, tomatoes, and white potatoes. THESE FOODS CONTAIN SOLANINE, WHICH INTERFERES WITH ENZYMES IN TEH MUSCLES, AND MAY CAUSE PAIN AND DISCOMFORT.

6. Do not eat meat, dairy produts, or any other foods that are high in saturated foods. Saturated foods RAISE CHOLESTEROL levels and interfere with circulation. They also PROMOTE THE INFLAMMATORY RESPONSE and INCREASE PAIN. Also avoid fried foods, processed foods, dairy foods, and white flour products such as bread and pasta.

7. Do no consume any caffeine, alcohol, or sugar. Eating sugar in ANY FORM- including fructose and honey-promotes fatigue increases pain, and disturbs sleep.

8. Avoid wheat until your symptoms improve.

9. Maintain a regular program of moderate exercise. A daily walk followed by some gentle stetchng exercises is good. If you been sedentary before, start slowly and be careful not to orverexert yourself; this can aggravate symptoms.KEEP IN MIND THAT WHAT YOU NEED IS SOME AMOUNT OF DAILY EXERCISE , NOT a strenous exercise workout two or three times a week. ONCE YOURR BODY IS ACCUSTOMED TO REGULAR EXERCISE, SYMPTOMS ARE LIKELY TO IMPROVE. Moderate exercise and stretching help to keep muscles flexible and prevents joints from stiffening up.

10.Have at least 8 hours of sleep.

11. Take a HOT SHOWER upon arising to stimulate circulation and help relieve morning stiffness. Or alternate betwen hot and cold water while showering. RECENT STUDIES HAVE SHOWN COLD WATER IS BENEFICIAL IN FIBROMYALGIA!

12. Consider trying massage to relax the muscles.

Have your doctor check your thyroid function.

14. Chronic pain sufferers TEND TO BE DEFICIENT IN MAGNESIUM.

15. EXERCISE IS GOING TO BENEFIT U MORE THAN ASPIRN,IBUPROFEN,ETC.

May ALLAH SWT give you health and speedy recovery.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.