/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Marines Secret Letter From Iraq

sonz
10-07-2006, 08:42 PM
Most Profound Man in Iraq — an unidentified farmer in a fairly remote area who, after being asked by Reconnaissance Marines if he had seen any foreign fighters in the area replied "Yes, you."

Friday, Oct. 06, 2006

A Marine's letter home, with its frank description of life in "Dante's inferno," has been circulating through generals' in-boxes. We publish it here with the author's approval

Written last month, this straightforward account of life in Iraq by a Marine officer was initially sent just to a small group of family and friends. His honest but wry narration and unusually frank dissection of the mission contrasts sharply with the story presented by both sides of the Iraq war debate, the Pentagon spin masters and fierce critics. Perhaps inevitably, the "Letter from Iraq" moved quickly beyond the small group of acquantainaces and hit the inboxes of retired generals, officers in the Pentagon, and staffers on Capitol Hill. TIME's Sally B. Donnelly first received a copy three weeks ago but only this week was able to track down the author and verify the document's authenticity. The author wishes to remain anonymous but has allowed us to publish it here — with a few judicious omissions.

All: I haven't written very much from Iraq. There's really not much to write about. More exactly, there's not much I can write about because practically everything I do, read or hear is classified military information or is depressing to the point that I'd rather just forget about it, never mind write about it. The gaps in between all of that are filled with the pure tedium of daily life in an armed camp. So it's a bit of a struggle to think of anything to put into a letter that's worth reading. Worse, this place just consumes you. I work 18-20-hour days, every day. The quest to draw a clear picture of what the insurgents are up to never ends. Problems and frictions crop up faster than solutions. Every challenge demands a response. It's like this every day. Before I know it, I can't see straight, because it's 0400 and I've been at work for 20 hours straight, somehow missing dinner again in the process. And once again I haven't written to anyone. It starts all over again four hours later. It's not really like Ground Hog Day, it's more like a level from Dante's Inferno.

Rather than attempting to sum up the last seven months, I figured I'd just hit the record-setting highlights of 2006 in Iraq. These are among the events and experiences I'll remember best.

Worst Case of D骠 Vu — I thought I was familiar with the feeling of d骠 vu until I arrived back here in Fallujah in February. The moment I stepped off of the helicopter, just as dawn broke, and saw the camp just as I had left it ten months before — that was d骠 vu. Kind of unnerving. It was as if I had never left. Same work area, same busted desk, same chair, same computer, same room, same creaky rack, same... everything. Same everything for the next year. It was like entering a parallel universe. Home wasn't 10,000 miles away, it was a different lifetime.

Most Surreal Moment — Watching Marines arrive at my detention facility and unload a truck load of flex-cuffed midgets. 26 to be exact. We had put the word out earlier in the day to the Marines in Fallujah that we were looking for Bad Guy X, who was described as a midget. Little did I know that Fallujah was home to a small community of midgets, who banded together for support since they were considered as social outcasts. The Marines were anxious to get back to the midget colony to bring in the rest of the midget suspects, but I called off the search, figuring Bad Guy X was long gone on his short legs after seeing his companions rounded up by the giant infidels.

Most Profound Man in Iraq — an unidentified farmer in a fairly remote area who, after being asked by Reconnaissance Marines if he had seen any foreign fighters in the area replied "Yes, you."

Worst City in al-Anbar Province — Ramadi, hands down. The provincial capital of 400,000 people. Lots and lots of insurgents killed in there since we arrived in February. Every day is a nasty gun battle. They blast us with giant bombs in the road, snipers, mortars and small arms. We blast them with tanks, attack helicopters, artillery, our snipers (much better than theirs), and every weapon that an infantryman can carry. Every day. Incredibly, I rarely see Ramadi in the news. We have as many attacks out here in the west as Baghdad. Yet, Baghdad has 7 million people, we have just 1.2 million. Per capita, al-Anbar province is the most violent place in Iraq by several orders of magnitude. I suppose it was no accident that the Marines were assigned this area in 2003.

Bravest Guy in al-Anbar Province — Any Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician (EOD Tech). How'd you like a job that required you to defuse bombs in a hole in the middle of the road that very likely are booby-trapped or connected by wire to a bad guy who's just waiting for you to get close to the bomb before he clicks the detonator? Every day. Sanitation workers in New York City get paid more than these guys. Talk about courage and commitment.

Second Bravest Guy in al-Anbar Province — It's a 20,000-way tie among all these Marines and Soldiers who venture out on the highways and through the towns of al-Anbar every day, not knowing if it will be their last — and for a couple of them, it will be.

Worst E-Mail Message — "The Walking Blood Bank is Activated. We need blood type A+ stat." I always head down to the surgical unit as soon as I get these messages, but I never give blood — there's always about 80 Marines in line, night or day.

Biggest Surprise — Iraqi Police. All local guys. I never figured that we'd get a police force established in the cities in al-Anbar. I estimated that insurgents would kill the first few, scaring off the rest. Well, insurgents did kill the first few, but the cops kept on coming. The insurgents continue to target the police, killing them in their homes and on the streets, but the cops won't give up. Absolutely incredible tenacity. The insurgents know that the police are far better at finding them than we are — and they are finding them. Now, if we could just get them out of the habit of beating prisoners to a pulp...

Greatest Vindication — Stocking up on outrageous quantities of Diet Coke from the chow hall in spite of the derision from my men on such hoarding, then having a 122mm rocket blast apart the giant shipping container that held all of the soda for the chow hall. Yep, you can't buy experience.

Biggest Mystery — How some people can gain weight out here. I'm down to 165 lbs. Who has time to eat?

Second Biggest Mystery — if there's no atheists in foxholes, then why aren't there more people at Mass every Sunday?

Favorite Iraqi TV Show — Oprah. I have no idea. They all have satellite TV.

Coolest Insurgent Act — Stealing almost $7 million from the main bank in Ramadi in broad daylight, then, upon exiting, waving to the Marines in the combat outpost right next to the bank, who had no clue of what was going on. The Marines waved back. Too cool.

Most Memorable Scene — In the middle of the night, on a dusty airfield, watching the better part of a battalion of Marines packed up and ready to go home after over six months in al-Anbar, the relief etched in their young faces even in the moonlight. Then watching these same Marines exchange glances with a similar number of grunts loaded down with gear file past — their replacements. Nothing was said. Nothing needed to be said.

Highest Unit Re-enlistment Rate — Any outfit that has been in Iraq recently. All the danger, all the hardship, all the time away from home, all the horror, all the frustrations with the fight here — all are outweighed by the desire for young men to be part of a band of brothers who will die for one another. They found what they were looking for when they enlisted out of high school. Man for man, they now have more combat experience than any Marines in the history of our Corps.

Most Surprising Thing I Don't Miss — Beer. Perhaps being half-stunned by lack of sleep makes up for it.

Worst Smell — Porta-johns in 120-degree heat — and that's 120 degrees outside of the porta-john.

Highest Temperature — I don't know exactly, but it was in the porta-johns. Needed to re-hydrate after each trip to the loo.

Biggest Hassle — High-ranking visitors. More disruptive to work than a rocket attack. VIPs demand briefs and "battlefield" tours (we take them to quiet sections of Fallujah, which is plenty scary for them). Our briefs and commentary seem to have no effect on their preconceived notions of what's going on in Iraq. Their trips allow them to say that they've been to Fallujah, which gives them an unfortunate degree of credibility in perpetuating their fantasies about the insurgency here.

Biggest Outrage — Practically anything said by talking heads on TV about the war in Iraq, not that I get to watch much TV. Their thoughts are consistently both grossly simplistic and politically slanted. Biggest Offender: Bill O'Reilly.

Best Intel Work — Finding Jill Carroll's kidnappers — all of them. I was mighty proud of my guys that day. I figured we'd all get the Christian Science Monitor for free after this, but none have showed up yet.

Saddest Moment — Having an infantry battalion commander hand me the dog tags of one of my Marines who had just been killed while on a mission with his unit. Hit by a 60mm mortar. He was a great Marine. I felt crushed for a long time afterward. His picture now hangs at the entrance to our section area. We'll carry it home with us when we leave in February.

Best Chuck Norris Moment — 13 May. Bad Guys arrived at the government center in a small town to kidnap the mayor, since they have a problem with any form of government that does not include regular beheadings and women wearing burqahs. There were seven of them. As they brought the mayor out to put him in a pick-up truck to take him off to be beheaded (on video, as usual), one of the Bad Guys put down his machine gun so that he could tie the mayor's hands. The mayor took the opportunity to pick up the machine gun and drill five of the Bad Guys. The other two ran away. One of the dead Bad Guys was on our top twenty wanted list. Like they say, you can't fight City Hall.

Worst Sound — That crack-boom off in the distance that means an IED or mine just went off. You just wonder who got it, hoping that it was a near miss rather than a direct hit. Hear it practically every day.

Second Worst Sound — Our artillery firing without warning. The howitzers are pretty close to where I work. Believe me, outgoing sounds a lot like incoming when our guns are firing right over our heads. They'd about knock the fillings out of your teeth.

Only Thing Better in Iraq Than in the U.S. — Sunsets. Spectacular. It's from all the dust in the air.

Proudest Moment — It's a tie every day, watching our Marines produce phenomenal intelligence products that go pretty far in teasing apart Bad Guy operations in al-Anbar. Every night Marines and Soldiers are kicking in doors and grabbing Bad Guys based on intelligence developed by our guys. We rarely lose a Marine during these raids, they are so well-informed of the objective. A bunch of kids right out of high school shouldn't be able to work so well, but they do.

Happiest Moment — Well, it wasn't in Iraq. There are no truly happy moments here. It was back in California when I was able to hold my family again while home on leave during July.

Most Common Thought — Home. Always thinking of home, of my great wife and the kids. Wondering how everyone else is getting along. Regretting that I don't write more. Yep, always thinking of home.

I hope you all are doing well. If you want to do something for me, kiss a cop, flush a toilet, and drink a beer. I'll try to write again before too long — I promise.

http://www.time.com/time/world/print...543658,00.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ninth_Scribe
10-07-2006, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
A Marine's letter home, with its frank description of life in "Dante's inferno," has been circulating through generals' in-boxes. We publish it here with the author's approval
Bush does NOT deserve command of these men!

Ninth Scribe

Zulkiflim
10-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Salaam,

They are there to torture innocents.
the inusrgent are fighting abck for their land.

These soldiers are doing a grand job in their mind but in the overall outlook they are the invaders..

As the Iraqi man said..

Also this soldier maybe is the type that will massacare a family of iraqis or ,because of their "intelligence" create another enemy.

They want to balme otehr when it is thier fault for the going ons.

Keltoi
10-08-2006, 12:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

They are there to torture innocents.
the inusrgent are fighting abck for their land.

These soldiers are doing a grand job in their mind but in the overall outlook they are the invaders..

As the Iraqi man said..

Also this soldier maybe is the type that will massacare a family of iraqis or ,because of their "intelligence" create another enemy.

They want to balme otehr when it is thier fault for the going ons.

Talk about overly simplistic. Hanging on to this romantic notion that the "insurgents" in Iraq are fighting for their land is ludicrous. I might have believed this two years ago, but not now. The sad reality is that thousands of Iraqis are being killed today, not by U.S. forces, but by these "insurgents". We are in the midst of a quasi-civil war, with Iraqis killing each other in horrid ways. You can blame the U.S. for many things, but hanging on to the "freedom fighter" myth isn't helping anyone, especially Iraqis.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Trumble
10-08-2006, 02:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Talk about overly simplistic. Hanging on to this romantic notion that the "insurgents" in Iraq are fighting for their land is ludicrous.
They never had any "land" in Iraq. The minority of them are outsiders just there to kill Americans, and the majority just want back the same rights they had under Saddam to exploit other people and their land .

I agree, it really is astonishing anyone believes this "resistance" nonsense any more. How many more bombs in market places full of innocent Iraqi shoppers does it need?

Zulkiflim
10-08-2006, 03:27 AM
Talk about overly simplistic. Hanging on to this romantic notion that the "insurgents" in Iraq are fighting for their land is ludicrous. I might have believed this two years ago, but not now. The sad reality is that thousands of Iraqis are being killed today, not by U.S. forces, but by these "insurgents". We are in the midst of a quasi-civil war, with Iraqis killing each other in horrid ways. You can blame the U.S. for many things, but hanging on to the "freedom fighter" myth isn't helping anyone, especially Iraqis.
Salaam,

Yes in Iraq they are fighting against other and those they call traitors for working with with the enemy.

For the Insurgent the enemies are the US and coalition but it is far harder for them for they see traitors in their own midst,their own brethren who supporting the enemy.

For the US the enemy are the insurgent,but ofcourse it took Busha nd the western goverment 2 years to realise that the majority of the insurgent are Iraqis fighting for freedom and not Al Qaeda.

And so the US create dissension,first entry by murder any human being ,men women and chidlren,then make chaos by dismantaling all GOVEREMNT offices,except the OIL Department of course.

And then the insurgent came up and they suddenly realise they cant win,even after bombing whole town and murdering whole familes to get people to fear them.

And now they get Iraqis to fight for them,and these Iraqis have no choice but to earn a living,to think to want a better future.

But so do the insurgent.
Both want peace ,peace cna only come tru law and justice.

Thus as always the US uses proxy to win war,to casue dissension,for brother to fight brother.

Of course the US adminsitration till now still do not accept blame and pay restitution,and only from restitution can this end,but will the US say sorry and be held accountable under Iraqi laws?
NO

Will any US soldeir be tried under Iraqis laws for murder rape and torture?
NO..

So until then,no justice,the war will continue.

Zulkiflim
10-08-2006, 03:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
They never had any "land" in Iraq. The minority of them are outsiders just there to kill Americans, and the majority just want back the same rights they had under Saddam to exploit other people and their land .

I agree, it really is astonishing anyone believes this "resistance" nonsense any more. How many more bombs in market places full of innocent Iraqi shoppers does it need?
Salaam,

Yes it is actually not astonishing to find kafir not beleiveing that people are willing to fight for their land and gainst traitors.

In Singapore history,when the Japanese invaded sinagpore,they used the Chinese commnuity to kill its own,It picked randomly and gave wealth and position to certain Chinese men to backstab others.

And when the Japanese surrendered,these traitors were skinned alive by th chinese community.Killed and tortured.

One by one,they were hunted down for selling their own for moneya nd wealth.

Jsut like teh Warlords in Afghan who sold out the taliban for money and weapons.

And i agree how many more bombs will be placed in market places,but are they really Iraqis made? thre have many articles of report by Iraqis and Iraqis officers of US and Candaian soldiers who planted bombs..

Are they wrong?
Or will you not beleive that the US will not do it?,After bombing most of iraq and calling them collateral damage,what else wont the US do?

In the end,what ever happen,we read it on the paper too late,but the Iraqis know...and they act.

Trumble
10-08-2006, 07:27 AM
And i agree how many more bombs will be placed in market places,but are they really Iraqis made?
Yes, they are. The "insurgents" have never even bothered to deny responsibility. Nobody except yourself and a few others in total denial of the obvious facts thinks otherwise, including 99.9% of the population of Iraq.

thre have many articles of report by Iraqis and Iraqis officers of US and Candaian soldiers who planted bombs..

Are they wrong?
Please point out some of these articles from any vaguely credible source, or indeed from any source at all. The whole idea is a complete fantasy, as is, I'm afraid, your whole conception of what the current conflict in Iraq is actually about.

Muezzin
10-08-2006, 07:34 AM
We are in the midst of a quasi-civil war, with Iraqis killing each other in horrid ways.
Heck, I think it's innacurate to call it a quasi-civil war.

Trumble
10-08-2006, 07:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

Have to agree with that, sadly. Not much 'quasi' about it any more.

Keltoi
10-08-2006, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
The reason I labeled it a "quasi" civil war is because it is mainly made up of death squads and militias butchering innocent people in an endless revenge cycle. I suppose you could say it is a civil war because Sunni death squads are killing Shia civilians and Shia death squads are killing Sunni civilians, but as an overall national civil war, that doesn't exist. This is primarily a problem in Baghdad, which is bad enough.

Ninth_Scribe
10-08-2006, 08:03 PM
And now they get Iraqis to fight for them,and these Iraqis have no choice but to earn a living, to think to want a better future.

But so do the insurgent.
Both want peace ,peace can only come tru law and justice.

Thus as always the US uses proxy to win war,to casue dissension,for brother to fight brother.

Exactly. If you and your family were starving in a war-torn country, and the only job that was readily available to feed your family with was a position with the police, even if you knew it was funded by America... gee! They're not lining up in droves because they believe in their jobs! They're lining up because it's all they can get. The resistance knows that weakness is being exploited. Anyone with half a mind can figure that out.

Ninth Scribe

Trumble
10-08-2006, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
They're lining up because it's all they can get. The resistance knows that weakness is being exploited. Anyone with half a mind can figure that out.
So the Americans (oh, and let's not forget the democratically elected Iraqi government) 'exploit' them by recruiting them while the gool ol' "resistance" 'exploit' them by murdering them as they (having no choice to feed their starving families) line up to be recruited? Not to mention whichever other innocents might happen to be around at the time.

I would have thought anyone with "half a mind" might put aside their "resistance" fantasies for a moment and ask themselves exactly who is guilty of the worst exploitation?

starfortress
10-08-2006, 10:13 PM
'I know the soldiers have no choice about coming here and all have a family and friends,' he added. His justification for the struggle was an inconsistent mix of political and economic grievances and wounded pride: 'We are under occupation. They bomb the mosques, they kill a huge number of people. There is no greater shame than to see your country being occupied.'

He dismissed the interim Prime Minister, Iyad Allawi, as 'the Americans' Barbie doll' but then says that if everyone had 'full bellies' no one would fight.

'Iraqis' top priority is to provide a good living for their families. I take home less than 250,000 ID (£100) a month and I have four children. I have to pay the rent, doctor's bills, my wife needs something, my house needs something. And a kilo of chicken costs 2,500 ID.'

'The US or the UK are not my enemy. I know that any individual US or UK citizen is very good, but we will keep fighting the occupying forces. We have no choice.'
http://www.rense.com/general57/whyi.htm

Zulkiflim
10-09-2006, 02:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
Exactly. If you and your family were starving in a war-torn country, and the only job that was readily available to feed your family with was a position with the police, even if you knew it was funded by America... gee! They're not lining up in droves because they believe in their jobs! They're lining up because it's all they can get. The resistance knows that weakness is being exploited. Anyone with half a mind can figure that out.

Ninth Scribe

salaam, And surely you dont see the problem with that..

They are lining up becasue it is all they cna get.

And who put them in that position?
Was it themselves?

The resistance or as the US goverment itself admist are insurgent,are fighting those who would aid the enemy.

And thus it breeds the civil war,which the US is hoping for.

Like i said,the US loves to use proxies for it war when it is clear it is will lose more than to gain,
Like Arming Saddam with WMD to fight against Iran.
like giving Saddam WMD to murder his own people,the Kurds.

And now the US is giving jobs to Iraqis in hope to casue war.

On the face value it is always politically correct but eh true reason is imply to pit brother against brother and sister against sister.

That is the positon the US has placed by attacking Iraq,but which it wont admit.

For Sep 11,the US was bent on revenge,murdering more than 100 00 men women and children,for the loss of a loved ones.
And all those whom were seen to aid the enemy are themselves the enemy no matter who they are.

Is it not the same?

It is the same logic,murder Iraqis then leave htem helpless and angered wiht no justice or ear to hear their grienvaces,then give them jobs,casue they have no where to turn to.

And what will happen,look into yourself and the answer is there,see what the US have done for Sep 11,

Joe98
10-09-2006, 02:58 AM
Wow these soldiers are wonderful!

It will take time but eventually the insurgents will stop and the Americans will go home.

Zulkiflim
10-09-2006, 03:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Yes, they are. The "insurgents" have never even bothered to deny responsibility. Nobody except yourself and a few others in total denial of the obvious facts thinks otherwise, including 99.9% of the population of Iraq.

Please point out some of these articles from any vaguely credible source, or indeed from any source at all. The whole idea is a complete fantasy, as is, I'm afraid, your whole conception of what the current conflict in Iraq is actually about.
Salaam,

What the Iraqis see is what they see and their reaction is apparent.

Iraqi civilians in many of the neighborhoods are now stating they’ve witnessed US soldiers going out early in the morning and planting IED’s in the road…then coming back when it is daylight and surrounding them with warning tape and telling people to be careful, that the bombs are planted by the resistance. The people see right through this sickening display of ‘winning hearts and minds’, and the fury directed towards the occupation continues to grow.
http://dahrjamailiraq.com/weblog/arc...2003_12_07.php

By the way,wehn insurgent never bother to deny responsibilities,does that mena they never admitted it?
Of course your mind would work that way,guilt no matter what.
Innocent never.

that is why the Iraqis are fighting for their home.
Against people like you who already push aside their comment and thought thru a peephole.

Iraqis are fighting for their land against the invaders and now against those who would aid the invaders.

Like i say,in Singapore we experience it and we know it.And for us always it is justified to kill traitors who would sell their honour ,family and children for their own safety and wealth..

Zulkiflim
10-09-2006, 03:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by starfortress
Salaam,

The US and western just do not want to admit fault.they never will

And thus they will never be solution but the problem.

'The US or the UK are not my enemy. I know that any individual US or UK citizen is very good, but we will keep fighting the occupying forces. We have no choice.'

Keltoi
10-09-2006, 03:55 PM
Yes, the U.S. military has nothing better to do than "plant" IED devices and put tape around them....

MTAFFI
10-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Salaam,

Yes in Iraq they are fighting against other and those they call traitors for working with with the enemy.

For the Insurgent the enemies are the US and coalition but it is far harder for them for they see traitors in their own midst,their own brethren who supporting the enemy.

For the US the enemy are the insurgent,but ofcourse it took Busha nd the western goverment 2 years to realise that the majority of the insurgent are Iraqis fighting for freedom and not Al Qaeda.

And so the US create dissension,first entry by murder any human being ,men women and chidlren,then make chaos by dismantaling all GOVEREMNT offices,except the OIL Department of course.

And then the insurgent came up and they suddenly realise they cant win,even after bombing whole town and murdering whole familes to get people to fear them.

And now they get Iraqis to fight for them,and these Iraqis have no choice but to earn a living,to think to want a better future.

But so do the insurgent.
Both want peace ,peace cna only come tru law and justice.

Of course the US adminsitration till now still do not accept blame and pay restitution,and only from restitution can this end,but will the US say sorry and be held accountable under Iraqi laws?
NO

Will any US soldeir be tried under Iraqis laws for murder rape and torture?
NO..

\

you are way off base with this and totally ignorant to what is going on in the world. Quit making excuses for these primitive worthless insurgents, who murder rape and torture indiscriminatly. You say the insurgents fight against americans and those who follow with them but i bet when that insurgent walks into the marketplace he doesnt ask who supports the US, he just kills everyone with no regard for human life. Quit blaming the US and take responsiblity it isnt always everyone elses fault

Keltoi
10-09-2006, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
\

you are way off base with this and totally ignorant to what is going on in the world. Quit making excuses for these primitive worthless insurgents, who murder rape and torture indiscriminatly. You say the insurgents fight against americans and those who follow with them but i bet when that insurgent walks into the marketplace he doesnt ask who supports the US, he just kills everyone with no regard for human life. Quit blaming the US and take responsiblity it isnt always everyone elses fault

He doesn't have responsibility for what these "insurgents" are doing, he just believes the romantic notion that those killing civilians by the hundreds a month in Iraq are "freedom fighters". It is more of a comic book mentality about war.

MTAFFI
10-10-2006, 05:06 PM
He doesn't have responsibility for what these "insurgents" are doing, he just believes the romantic notion that those killing civilians by the hundreds a month in Iraq are "freedom fighters". It is more of a comic book mentality about war.
you are exactly right

starfortress
10-11-2006, 06:10 AM
Salam and Hi

The minority of them are outsiders just there to kill Americans
And i wonder why those peoples have to kill Americans,are they just enjoy to do so or they really had a good reason behind it:? And i suggest to you the fighters never like to consider or assume them as American,all the intruders in Iraq were considered as G.I- Government Issue.

Encouraged and Aided Shiite Muslims and Kurds to Rebel Against the Government of Iraq Causing Fratricidal Violence, Emigration,Exposure, Hunger and Sickness and Thousands of Deaths. After the Rebellion Failed, the U.S. Invaded and Occupied Parts of Iraq Without Lawful Authority in Order to Increase Division and Hostilities Within Iraq
Its perfect to pull the triggers of resistance.

outsiders just there to kill Americans
Who cares, since both were outsiders.

A major component of the assault on Iraq was the systematic deprivation of essential human needs and services, to terrorize and break the will of the Iraqi People, to destroy their economic capability, and to reduce their numbers and weaken their health
Sure they had create a chaos situation before the invasion begin.

The United States intentionally bombed and destroyed centers for civilian life, commercial and business districts, schools, hospitals, mosques, churches, shelters, residential areas, historical sites, private vehicles and civilian government offices. In aerial attacks, including strafing, over cities, towns, the countryside and highways, United States aircraft bombed and strafed indiscriminately. The purpose of these attacks was to destroy life and property, and generally to terrorize the civilian population of Iraq. The net effect was the summary execution and corporal punishment indiscriminately of men, women and children, young and old, rich and poor, of all nationalities and religions.And the bombing goes on for 42 days.As a direct result of this bombing campaign against civilian life, at least 25,000 men, women and children were killed. The Red Crescent Society of Jordan estimated 113,000 civilian dead, 60% of them children, the week before the end of the war.
I never saw any guilty face from Bush administration,whos gonna take the responsibility.

The United States Used Prohibited Weapons Capable of Mass Destruction and Inflicting Indiscriminate Death and Unnecessary Suffering Against Both Military and Civilian Targets
What a shame,no mass distruction weapon were found in Iraq,ironically Bush administration are more distruct and danger than the less capable Saddam regime.

http://www.mediamonitors.net/francis19.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.