/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hadith and Noble Quran on Dunya

TheRightPathI
10-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Salam everyone, I just wanted to collect all the quotes on the Dunya from the Hadith and Quran dispraising it. I have some but I was wondering if some of the other members can get the rest of the quotes. Jazakallah.
Here is some that I have..

“If this world was worth a mosquito’s wing in the sight of Allaah, He would not have given a disbeliever a single gulp of water.” (Al-Tirmidhi).

Anas bin Malik, may Allah be pleased with him, reported:
The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: O Allah, there is no life, but the life of the Hereafter, So forgive You the Ansar and the Muhajirin.
Hadith number in Sahih Muslim [Arabic only]: 3367

I have more it's just that I don't have the sourcing of the hadith.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
TheRightPathI
10-12-2006, 09:19 AM
Salam everyone, here are more that I found

“Nay (behold), you prefer the life of this world; but the Hereafter is better and more enduring.” [Sûrah al-A`lâ: 16-17]

“And verily the Hereafter will be better for you than the present.” [Sûrah al-Dhuhâ: 4]

“But little is the comfort of this life, as compared with the Hereafter.” [Sûrah al-Taubah: 38]

“But verily the reward of the Hereafter is the best for those who believe and are constant in righteousness” [Sûrah Yûsuf: 57]

“But truly the reward of the Hereafter will be greater if they only realized.” [Sûrah al-Nahl:41]

Malaikah
10-18-2006, 07:16 AM
:sl:

Good thread! nice posts mashaallah... makes you think

Whosoever desires the life of the world and its glitter; to them We shall pay in full [the wages of] their deeds therein, and they will have no diminution therein. They are those for whom there is nothing in the Hereafter but Fire; and vain are the deeds they did therein. And of no effect is that which they used to do.
[Quran 11: 15-16]

TheRightPathI
10-19-2006, 12:28 AM
Salam everyone,

Here are more,

Allah Almighty says, "The likeness of the life of this world is that of water which We send down from the sky, which then mingles with the plants of the earth to provide food for both people and animals. Then, when the earth is at its loveliest and takes on its fairest guise and its people think they have it under their control, Our command comes upon it by night or day and We reduce it to dried-out stubble, as though it had not been flourishing just the day before! Thus do We make Our Signs plain for people who reflect." (10:24)

The Almighty says, "Describe for them the likeness of the life of this world. It is like water which We send down from the sky and the plants of the earth combine with it but then become dry chaff scattered by the winds. Allah has complete power over everything. Wealth and sons are the embellishment of the life of this world. But, in your Lord's sight, right actions which are lasting are better in reward and a better basis for hope." (W18:44-45; H18:45-46)

Allah Almighty says, "Know that the life of this world is merely a game and a diversion and decoration and a cause of boasting among yourselves and trying to outdo one another in wealth and children: like the plant-growth after rain which delights the cultivators, but then it withers and you see it turning yellow, and then it becomes broken stubble. In the Next World there is terrible punishment but also forgiveness from Allah and His good pleasure. The life of this world is nothing but the enjoyment of delusion." (W57:19; H57:20)

462. Anas reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "That one among the people of the Fire who was wealthiest person in this world will be brought on the Day of the Fire, dipped once into it and then asked, 'Son of Adam! Did anything good ever happen to you? Did you ever experience any blessing?' He will say, 'By Allah, no, my Lord.' That one among the people of the Garden who was the most wretched person in this world will be brought and dipped once into it and then asked, 'Son of Adam! Did you ever experience any misery ? Did you ever undergo any hardship?' He will say, 'By Allah, no. I never experienced any misery and I never underwent any hardship.'" [Muslim]

463. Al-Mustawrid ibn Shaddad reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "This world in in comparison with the Next World is like putting your finger in the sea and seeing what comes back on it." [Muslim]

464. Jabir reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, went through the market with people on both sides of him. He passed the dead body of a deformed sheep, took it by its ear and then said, "Which of you would like to have this for a dirham?" They said, "We would not like to have it for anything. What would we do with it?" He said, "Would you like to have it?" They said, "By Allah, even if it was alive, it would be defective since it is deformed, and now it is dead." He said, "By Allah, this world has less value with Allah than this has with you." [Muslim]

470. Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "This world is the prison of the believer and the paradise of the unbeliever." [Muslim]

471. Ibn 'Umar said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, took hold of my shoulders and said, 'Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveller on the road.' Ibn 'Umar used to say, 'In the evening, do not anticipate the morning, and in the morning do not anticipate the evening. Take from your health for your illness and from your life for your death."[al-Bukhari]

472. Abu 'Abbas Sahl ibn Sa'd as-Sa'idi said, "A man came to the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and said, 'Messenger of Allah, show me an action for which Allah will love me and for which people will love me if I do it. He said, 'Do with little of this world and Allah will love you, and do with little of what belongs to other people and people will love you." [Ibn Majah]

478. Abu Hurayra said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, "This world is cursed and cursed is what is in it, except for the remembrance of Allah Almighty and what brings one near to Him and the teacher and the student." [at-Tirmidhi]

481. Ka'b ibn 'Iyad said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, 'Every community has a trial, and the trial of my community is wealth.'" [at-Tirmidhi]

483. 'Abdullah ibn ash-Shikhir said, "I came to the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, when he was reciting 'Fierce competition for this world distracted you.'" (102:1) He said, 'The son of Adam says, "My property! My property!" Son of Adam, have you any other property than what you eat and thus gets used up, wear and thus becomes worn out, and give in sadaqa and thus make effective?'" Muslim]

484. 'Abdullah ibn Mughaffal said, "A man said to the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, 'Messenger of Allah, by Allah, I love you.' He said, 'Be careful of what you say.' He said, 'By Allah, I love you,' three times. He said, 'If you love me, then prepare yourself for poverty. Poverty comes swifter to the one who loves me than a flood to its destination.'" [at-Tirmidhi]

487. Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "The poor will enter the Garden five hundred years before the rich." [at-Tirmidhi]

490. Abu Hurayra stated that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "The most truthful phrase ever said by a poet is the words of Labid:
'Everything except Allah is false.'" [Agreed upon]

Taken from this website http://www.**************/Resources/...0004P0055.aspx
I didn't take all the quotes so if you want to read the rest you should go there.

ALSO here is a LINK TO What the Salaf said about the Life Of This World
http://www.islaam.com/Article.aspx?id=412

Also a Great Book About the Fleeting Pleasures of the Life Of This World
http://www.islamicawakening.com/view...?articleID=490 This is the Article HERE IS WHERE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE BOOK
http://www.islamic-world.net/book/index.htm GOTO TAUHID SECTION and You should see it. Great Book :love:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.