/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How much of the quran have u read thru ramadhan?

Helena
10-07-2006, 11:14 PM
:sl:

just a simple question...jus a survey amongst our brothers and sisters of LI...

sooo.......how much of the quran have u read this month? this blessed month? will we ever get this chance again? will we live till nxt year..only Allah(swt) knows....
am sure u know how much reward we get...wen we read one word...subanAllah....

its the 16th of ramadan and the 17ths taraweeh.....wallahi is it me....:cry: :cry: :cry: .....:cry: :cry: ....:cry: :cry: ....i feel as thou ramadan is going to rapidly for moi...feel as thou time running out.....have i fullfilled my duty in this blessed month?...wen i sit back and reflect each day on ramadan.....i feel as thou nothing much hasnt been done.....:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ......

going too quick..i weep during the night...thinking wot have i done.....but inshalah the good actions have carried out this month...hope it remains thru out the year inshalah...inshalah...inshalah....

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend
10-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Reading for the sake of it once in the whole year, and then only to find the blessed book upon aging shelves for the rest of the year....Is ridiculous.

Instead, what have you learnt from reading the blessed book? Did you understand what you read? Even English translations is sometimes hard to swallow. Tafseer required at all times.

Perhaps the question should be rephrased, how many a time does The Quran appear throughout the year?

Also add, The Quran is recited as a ceremonial in Ramadhan only.....Why?

IbnAbdulHakim
10-07-2006, 11:27 PM
i got a friend thats already completed and is well on his way to completin it again :eek:

omg we need to speed UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANNA BUNK WORK!!

Helena
10-07-2006, 11:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Reading for the sake of it once in the whole year, and then only to find the blessed book upon aging shelves for the rest of the year....Is ridiculous.

Instead, what have you learnt from reading the blessed book? Did you understand what you read? Even English translations is sometimes hard to swallow. Tafseer required at all times.

Perhaps the question should be rephrased, how many a time does The Quran appear throughout the year?

i get wot u mean...dnt become a ramadhan muslim...which am not...alhamdulilah...

its just encouragement amongst the muslims....to engage in this act...to see if others are reading it or not...and to compete with other muslims inshalah....to remain and be engaged in this action thru out there year inshalah...not jus ramdan...but we certainly recieve more reward in this month....we eventually forget the truth...and try to hide from it....falling into the shaytan traps...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
10-07-2006, 11:28 PM
MORE REWARD THATS WHY!!!! thats why people try recite it more :D

but ofcourse people shud try recite it loads!!!

rememba every sunnah durin ramadan gives u reward of fard!!!!!! SUBHANALLAH!!!

Helena
10-07-2006, 11:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mazed
i got a friend thats already completed and is well on his way to completin it again :eek:

omg we need to speed UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANNA BUNK WORK!!
mashalh that is brilliant...alhamdulilah.....

yeah seriusly we need to speed up...well am jus in da 16th juz.....not close....but will be inshalah....

afriend
10-07-2006, 11:34 PM
lol I'm not targetting anybody....Just a general reminder :)

PS. yeah sure rewards, but u get more rewards for understnding the Qura'an.

RasoolAllah [SAW] also said to ponder over it's meanings in this month...There are many pearls in the book; it would be better for us to knw of these pearls.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-07-2006, 11:37 PM

RasoolAllah [SAW] also said to ponder over it's meanings in this month...There are many pearls in the book; it would be better for us to knw of these pearls.
we'll understand it after ramadan inshaAllah :p btw i already understand juz amma Alhamdullilah, and most of the words are similar so if u connect it with the rest of the sentence after learnin about 200 words or so u can understand quite a lot :eek:.

bro accept it, its best to just recite Quran as much as possible durin ramadan :p hehe :p

we shud also donate like crazy !!!

http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...abillilah.html

Helena
10-07-2006, 11:37 PM

jazaks for the reminder lil bro......:) :) :) .........it is the month of the quran!!!!...

man i love ramadhan........:cry: :cry: :cry: ........

afriend
10-07-2006, 11:42 PM
lol if u can't beat 'em, join 'em :D

I've managed to memorize upto the 8th Juz :smile: :coolious:

Al-Hanbali
10-07-2006, 11:46 PM

Remeber Ramadhan is the Shahr-ul-Quran, the Month of the Qur'an. :)

afriend2
10-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Salaam,

I've nearly finished the Qu'ran for Ramadhan...need to complete roughly another 160 pages (That's about 7 chapters left) ! InshAllah, it's getting there.

But make sure, that you don't just leave the Qu'ran for Ramadhan. Try and get into the habit of reciting it everyday, even if it means only 1 or 2 pages. :)
Wassalam :peace:

The Ruler
10-08-2006, 01:30 PM

i cnat read evryday cuz o skul only durin de weekends but dis ramadan i dunno wt happnd im only thru 1 part now :( :cry:

Hijaabi22
10-08-2006, 08:21 PM
Im only on 13, read 2 today but dont think am gana finish it, inshaAllaaaaaaaaaahhh gna try ma best tho! Remeber, its QUALITY not quantity, theres no point readin it in a rush2 finish it if U dont read it properly :)

The Ruler
10-08-2006, 08:23 PM

i v startd de 2nd juz today n haf way thru it :happy:

DigitalStorm82
10-08-2006, 09:26 PM
ts QUALITY not quantity, theres no point readin it in a rush2 finish it if U dont read it properly
Well said sis :) Totally agree!

Hijaabi22
10-11-2006, 08:54 PM
kewl :shade: ^^

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.