/* */

PDA

View Full Version : global peace unity 2006....

Helena
10-08-2006, 12:16 AM
:sl:

its back.....alhamdulilah....

info below....

Its Back

Bigger & Better Than Before
More Exciting & Thrilling Than Before

The Global Peace and Unity Event
25th & 26th November 2006

The wait is over! Islam Channel brings back to you the long awaited Global Peace & Unity Event. This year it’s even more spectacular, with a vision which is ahead of its time.

The Global Peace & Unity event, the first of its kind originated in Europe, was organised to highlight and promote the need for global peace and unity among Britain’s varied and distinct communities.

This family event also seeks to break barriers and open bridges between the variety of cultures and groups that follow the Islamic faith, as well as with other communities with whom we share our space.

The Global Peace & Unity Event aims:

# To provide a platform for entertainment and knowledge.
# To encourage understanding and positive interaction between the Muslims and Non Muslims.
# To introduce the British Muslims and Non Muslims to the true face of Islam.
# Dispel the myths surrounding the Islamic faith and to promote dialogue.
# To build bridges across faiths, communities and societies.
# To promote Muslim businesses, Islamic culture and art.

Be part of this landmark event which will once again make history.
Experience this once in a life moment filled with entertainment, knowledge and exploration.

more info....click below inshalah...

www.theglobalunity.com

hope dr zakir naiks coming inshalah...

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend2
10-08-2006, 10:45 AM
Salaam,

InshAllah me and my family (and families' familes' family :)) are coming.

But my advice would be to bring your own lunch....we didn't last year...and we missed 30 mins of a speech! :( The queues get mega long.

Wassalam :peace:

afriend
10-08-2006, 11:55 AM
lol last year I was at my cousin's wedding....we also had a chocolate fountain :wub:....Okay I'll shut up now.

Also, :? Didn't some people say it was a bit.........weird [in terms that everyone was together and all that].

I just hope that "Imam of the ka'bah [:lol:]" Just happens to be Sheikh Shuraim (HA) :happy: :wub:

afriend2
10-08-2006, 11:58 AM
Salaam,

:lol: I can hear the advert right now on Islam channel.

And Sooto bhai, we sat segregated, however there is a section in the middle where families can sit with eachother ... but yeah we found that slightly strange too!

I hope SAS is going to be there!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Hanbali
10-08-2006, 12:03 PM

LOL.....I really doubt "Imam of Ka'bah" will be there because that's exactly what they said las year. :)

afriend
10-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Ohhh....Now I get it. I MIGHT go....But then again...I might not be in the mood for such things. lol I've even made a list of Nasheeds and lectures I've been wanting to listen to for the past 5 months....now I only listen to Quran...I think everyone else who is doing hiz shud do the same...It really helps :happy:

LOL.....I really doubt "Imam of Ka'bah" will be there because that's exactly what they said las year.
:uhwhat empty promises

Helena
10-08-2006, 12:16 PM
yeah i remember last year i was in da queue for like 2 hours man.......even thou we bought home lunch e.g sandwiches and stuff.....but still our poor stomach wasnt filled...lol.....

but personally i think dr zakir naik, ahmad bukatir, kamal uddin and zain bhika were da best. performers....it woken everybody up...esp dr zakir naik......

have u guys heard that its a two day event it will cover one ticket price which is 15 pound...well thats worth it i guess.....

i'll be der inshalah wid my family......and friends inshalah.....

guys do u have any idea whose performing this year? is dr zakir naik coming?

afriend
10-08-2006, 12:17 PM
check on their site init:

www.islamchannel.tv they've got quite a bit of info on there.

The Ruler
10-08-2006, 12:18 PM

i wanna g but cant :grumbling: :grumbling: its NO FAIR!!!!! :mad: got moks lyk at de end o nov so wnt b abl ta cum :( :'(

afriend2
10-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Salaam,

The site hasn't really updated anything about the speakers/performers! :cry: I already checked...

And man...the food there was yummy! I won't mention anymore...because it'll probably make me even more hungry.

afriend2
10-08-2006, 12:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Glacier*+

i wanna g but cant :grumbling: :grumbling: its NO FAIR!!!!! :mad: got moks lyk at de end o nov so wnt b abl ta cum :( :'(

Salaam,

Me too...but my mum said I'll have to make up the studying in the weekdays.
But Tagster...you got to come! I'm going to be there...what more reason can you want?

Helena
10-08-2006, 12:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
check on their site init:

www.islamchannel.tv they've got quite a bit of info on there.

jazaks yeah i knw......it jus says coming soon dats all.....but hope to see dr zakir naik inshalah...

afriend
10-08-2006, 12:22 PM
:haha:

Wait til I get back from mosque I think I now where to get more info from.

Helena
10-08-2006, 12:25 PM
:haha:

Wait til I get back from mosque I think I now where to get more info from.
seriouslu u do? exactly from where? anyway pass it over soon inshalah....:D :D :D

The Ruler
10-08-2006, 12:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nazia
But Tagster...you got to come! I'm going to be there...what more reason can you want

yes :cry: but my dad as cant cum cuz hes gotta lead de prayer in our mosq init :( :(

Al-Hanbali
10-08-2006, 12:29 PM

I bet Imam Qasim knows wo's coming. :)

Helena
10-08-2006, 12:32 PM
yeah surely he dse.....

but anybody...any rough idea?...is it the same performers? or diff?

afriend
10-08-2006, 01:18 PM
Try e-mailing them for more info

Helena
10-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Try e-mailing them for more info
jazaks for the idea....but i'll wait inshalah and book the tickets before hand inshalah....

Hijaabi22
10-08-2006, 08:29 PM
hmmmmmm... I awtched last years on da telly, n lets jus say... I wudnt travel 5/6 hours 4 THAT

tho I did enjoy sum bits of it

And May Allah(swt) reward Islam Channel n all involved 4 all their efforts in organisin such an event, Ameeeeeeennn

And guys, dont count on SAS cumin ahahahah pak of lies :lol:

Kamilah
10-09-2006, 01:03 PM

yeah i highly doubt any of the haramain imams would attend such an event..

We stayed in the same hotel as Islam channels presenters,same floor as Dr Zakir Naik and other speakers..met one of the islam channel presenters in the lift...we saw the CEO in the foyer but didnt really know who he was until we saw me give his speech at the event the next morning...lol, we were like omg! saw this guy in the hotel.

ahmed bukhatir dr Zakir Naik were awesome! Yvonne Ridley and George Galloway made excellent speeches.

My family are going but dunno if i feel like going... i'm not sure yet...Insha'Allah.

A7med
10-10-2006, 04:12 PM
I just hope that "Imam of the ka'bah [:lol:]" Just happens to be Sheikh Shuraim (HA) :happy: :wub:
nope, It most likley for it to be SAS :D MQ was talking about it......

LOL.....I really doubt "Imam of Ka'bah" will be there because that's exactly what they said las year.
90% confirmed by (somone ((not mentioning any names)))

I bet Imam Qasim knows wo's coming.
:X :X

:hiding:

Arwa
10-10-2006, 04:26 PM
It was 'confirmed' last year too when I asked my dad to find out and he wasn't coming...and had no intentions of coming then either. I think it could have been a way to sell the tickets faster/more. Allahu a'lam.:?

Oh, and I just so can not imagine any of the imams of the haramain being there.

Al-Hanbali
10-10-2006, 05:33 PM

Yh I really dont think he will come. It's just not the right scenario for an Imam of the Haram to be in, with all this "modern" type nasheeds :)

S_87
10-16-2006, 01:10 PM

sheikh salman al awdahs gonna be there?!

wow this i have to see!

Rabi'ya
10-16-2006, 08:06 PM

i went last year. not really worth going to again. i wasnt that impressed.

im sure some of you will go, so ill wait for your report.

Rabi'ya:rose:

afriend2
10-26-2006, 10:49 AM
Salaam,

^^^ I liked it Rabz!

And inshAllah I'll be seeing some of you lot....(piXie, I'll ring you to let you know where I'll be! Last time I got lost imsad)

MinAhlilHadeeth
11-03-2006, 10:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Makkiyah
It was 'confirmed' last year too when I asked my dad to find out and he wasn't coming...and had no intentions of coming then either. I think it could have been a way to sell the tickets faster/more. Allahu a'lam.:?

Oh, and I just so can not imagine any of the imams of the haramain being there.
:salamext:

Yeah, I can't imagine SAS being there either. I am aware 786 and Native Deen are coming... I don't think their nasheeds would go down well with him, with the music and all.:lol:

I went there last year (I met Rabi'ya too:D), and they were not able to maintain segregation. So there was alot of unlawful free-mixing. This year they've got even more people coming, which is really silly in my eyes. If they couldn't maintain things last year with 20,000, why increase the number?

Anyway, may Allah reward them for their intentions and efforts. I just wish events like this could be done according to sharee'ah.

:wasalamex

Hijaabi22
11-03-2006, 04:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm 'Abdullah

Yeah, I can't imagine SAS being there either. I am aware 786 and Native Deen are coming... I don't think their nasheeds would go down well with him, with the music and all.:lol:
;D lol i gta say tho i thought last years was jus erm... you know, thisyear the line up of nasheed artists sounds topzzzzzzzzz, id luv 2 go jus 4 da nasheeds, but seein as sami yusuf not gna be there no point :D

But his two wanna-bes Nazeel Azami n Mesut Kurtis gna be there lol

afriend2
11-08-2006, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -----------

But his two wanna-bes Nazeel Azami n Mesut Kurtis gna be there lol
Salaam,

lol, I thought Mesut came out before Sami :? Allahu Alam...

I'm not going for the nasheeds...thats for sure.

A7med
11-08-2006, 06:58 PM
:( No Dr. Zakir Naik this time :(

Al-Hanbali
11-08-2006, 06:59 PM

They should bring him again. :)

Helena
11-08-2006, 07:02 PM
GPU did give a invitation to dr zakir naik.....guess his pretty busy...

is bilal philips coming? saw in da adverts? is this true?

tonight islam channel will show live calling session for GPU at 10.00pm....so inshalah tune in...

am actually looking forward to nazeel azamis peformance, and da live making of kiswa of the kabah inshalah...and and yusuf estes and shuhaib webb should be a blast inshalah...

Hijaabi22
11-08-2006, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nazia
Salaam,

lol, I thought Mesut came out before Sami :? Allahu Alam...

I'm not going for the nasheeds...thats for sure.

nooooooooooo lol mesut came out way after sami, sami was da 1 hu produced his album!

AHEM AHEM APPRARENTLY DA SAUDI ARABIA MUEZZIN IS FLYIN OVER 4RM SAUDI TO DO THE LIVE ADHAAN.... AS IFFFFFFFFFF!! I WONT BELIVE IT UNTIL I C IT!

*love4isl@m*
11-08-2006, 07:51 PM
By any chance is Shaikh Sudeisi/ Shaikh Shuraim Comin coz my cousin wants 2 find out...
Plz let me know if they are or not!

Jazakallah Qairan
Fii amaani allah!

A7med
11-08-2006, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *love4isl@m*
By any chance is Shaikh Sudeisi/ Shaikh Shuraim Comin coz my cousin wants 2 find out...
Plz let me know if they are or not!

Jazakallah Qairan
Fii amaani allah!
it is VERY VERY UNLIKELY that any of them will come

there is also no more mention of them on the website too

*love4isl@m*
11-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Ooh okay, thanQ 4 tellin' me bro! :D
My little bro's name is Sudeisi Named After Shaikh Sudeisi
& wanted 2 take him only if he's comin' :)

JAzakallah Qairan Anywayz Brotha'

S_87
11-10-2006, 03:32 PM

well put it this way last year they advertised but it turned out he had no intention whatsoever to coming. this year i dont see him coming either. :-\

asian queen, which muadhin?

A7med
11-10-2006, 05:22 PM

Daffodil
11-11-2006, 10:23 PM
i totaly am not pleased with this global unity thing, so many things are being compramised such as mixing/hijab etc, aparantly the seating was really bad last year and so ppl were mixing and also aparantly there were women screaming wen the nasheeds came on etc.

astagfirullah, id rather stay at home and have a nice quiet night with my husband and my son then go to fitnah central cuz thats basically what it is.

Isaac
11-12-2006, 10:12 AM
I agree with you there sister, if thats how it was. However I did hear that there will be segregation. I Have never been so, i really cant comment on what else goes on there.

Bittersteel
11-12-2006, 10:19 AM
worthless in my opinion.

Far7an
11-12-2006, 12:13 PM
The cons are there, but there are some pros this year too! Suhaib Webb is coming, and Sami Yusuf isn't! Alhamdulillah!

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-12-2006, 12:19 PM

aaw i really want to go!!!
too faar..cant..:(
wicked Nazeel brother will be there..cheer him on!! manchester folk...lol...
no kamal Uddin though..hhmhhhmm..

A7med
11-12-2006, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
i totaly am not pleased with this global unity thing, so many things are being compramised such as mixing/hijab etc, aparantly the seating was really bad last year and so ppl were mixing and also aparantly there were women screaming wen the nasheeds came on etc.

astagfirullah, id rather stay at home and have a nice quiet night with my husband and my son then go to fitnah central cuz thats basically what it is.
Insha'allah the seating arrangements will be as followed.......

Islam Channel said yesturday that they will try there hardest not to allow free mixing.

Isaac
11-12-2006, 03:16 PM
Thats good to hear. Lets just hope the picture is not suppose to represent segregation:rollseyes

Hijaabi22
11-12-2006, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
The cons are there, but there are some pros this year too! Suhaib Webb is coming, and Sami Yusuf isn't! Alhamdulillah!
:eek: suhaib webb is gud but samis also gud 2!! if he came id so go, even tho i live m,iles n miles away

Hijaabi22
11-12-2006, 03:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sum-Muslim-Gal

aaw i really want to go!!!
too faar..cant..:(
wicked Nazeel brother will be there..cheer him on!! manchester folk...lol...
no kamal Uddin though..hhmhhhmm..

chillax u can catch the nasheed show live 4rm ya own livin room 6-10 on da 25th inshsaAllah, im presumin its showin live like last year :?

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-12-2006, 03:46 PM
^^^yes inshaAllah will be doing that..:D

The Ruler
11-12-2006, 03:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by A7med
Insha'allah the seating arrangements will be as followed.......

Islam Channel said yesturday that they will try there hardest not to allow free mixing.
^ how exactly are they going to minimisethe free mixing :?...are they telepathic or something...because last year i heard that many people with the excuse of beig a family sat together in the family section which caused a LOT of free-mixing and many phone numbers were exchanged (although i donot know how exactly they knew that, but hey)...family section or what...it should be name 'family-to-be' section :heated:

and i'm better off not going there...cause if a weirdo just screams beside me cause 786 is on stage or something...she'd drop dead right there :raging:...i hate girls like them :grumbling...subhan'allah...they should be lecturing on these type of fitnahs for hours on end ta put it through them opaque heads of theirs :heated:

Hijaabi22
11-12-2006, 03:56 PM
numbers were exchanged?? as if, thats jus a loada crap, ppl exageratin as always

but thing is if u go 2 events like these as a family, how u meant to sit as a family then widout family seatin??

The Ruler
11-12-2006, 04:01 PM
but thing is if u go 2 events like these as a family, how u meant to sit as a family then widout family seatin??
well families dont have to have to sit together...we went to this conference like 1-2 years ago and my lil bro was really small but my dad sat in the men's section and us and my mum sat in the female's section...we chose a place where we would meet up and we did...and it was quite a big conference too really...not a small one...:)...you may loose one another for a moment but it does reduce free-mixing :)...which you gotta agree is more important

:)

Daffodil
11-13-2006, 12:25 AM
that a very thin argument because free mixing is HARAM its NOT ALLOWED its FORBIDDEN! so therefore if ur going to a place where free mixing is gonna be so prevalent then u just dnt go, what is more important? to go to a so called islamic event where chicks are screaming for some guys who want to really be on top of the pops and half the girls aint wearing hijab and half the guys are really going to there to find a spouce, or is it more important that u please allah by staying away from places where fitnah is going to be so happening. and ppl will be committing zinnah of the eyes.

one of the rules that they shud have for all ppl who want to attend is that the girls have to wear the hijab AT LEAST.

its better that the women stay at home and watch it on the islam channel or wateva its shown on then to actualy attend.

why oh why oh why.

if theyre that bothered about the segregation they shudnt have a family section because its making it too easy for ppl to free mix and commit zinah of the eyes and god forbid anything else.

they shud not have a family section, they shud have a female and male section and thats all.

its such a dangerous thing for the organisers to do because whoever commits zinnah of the eyes or tongue etc then the organisers will also share the sin because they facillitated that haram!

subhanallah.

i hate so called islam events such as this.

Umm Yoosuf
11-13-2006, 03:35 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh
What’s the big idea with these organizations? Islamic concerts? Singers? Free mixing? I truly wouldn't go to such place. Look back to the way of the Salaf's and hold tight to their way of life....

MinAhlilHadeeth
11-13-2006, 03:55 PM

I went to GP&U last year, and it was really not worth going. But inshaAllah this year they've made alot of changes, may Allah reward them. Remember last year was the first one, inshaAllah it'll be totally according to sharee'ah one day. We've got to be in the scene and advising them if we want changes to happen. I don't know if i'm going or not now. On the upside Bilal Phillips and Yasir Qadhi are coming, but then again 786 and native deen are coming.

Does anyone know if the islamic speakers will be on the main stage, or are they doing seminars? If it's the latter I may go for the seminars only... and allow the rest.

A7med
11-13-2006, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm 'Abdullah

I went to GP&U last year, and it was really not worth going. But inshaAllah this year they've made alot of changes, may Allah reward them. Remember last year was the first one, inshaAllah it'll be totally according to sharee'ah one day. We've got to be in the scene and advising them if we want changes to happen. I don't know if i'm going or not now. On the upside Bilal Phillips and Yasir Qadhi are coming, but then again 786 and native deen are coming.

Does anyone know if the islamic speakers will be on the main stage, or are they doing seminars? If it's the latter I may go for the seminars only... and allow the rest.

wasalaam....
agreed

but u can always go take a look around the shops and stools

wasalaam

Helena
11-13-2006, 05:49 PM

i went to GPU last year..alhmadulilah it was good..for the first time...and and not forgetting 25,000 turned out.....it was worth going...

as many speakers, nasheed, joined to this conference...ppl from diff backound.cultures,race,ethnicity came to this event....as one....in one roof..alhamdulilah.....

plus the event was very political as it was based on wot is happening around the world....but but i must say dr zakir naik was excellent as usual, and ahmed bhukatir, zain bhika and others..mashalah..

there are pros and cons for this event...i do agree.....but hopefully many improvement should be taken in for this year...

the negativity of this event was..or cud be sed ppl engaged themselves in ay that was unislamic....

you cannot blame it on GPU organisres because as they have made it clear ppl to sit separately as its been designed.....or the organizers make it better by providing a parda in between....could be done...

but the point is.....ppl should come here to listen to lectures to get more understanding of islam...and not look around to exchange numbers...gaze should be lowered inshalah....

but one more thing i have noticed in every the artists encourage the audience either to clap/wave hand/join in the singing.....cant they simply say after each lecture or nasheed...jus say takbir ...it wud be much better...

wen clapping/shouting/waving...its jus way of inviting the saytan.....which is unacceptable.... and wots wid fireworks display?

this year GPU should take in everybodies account...try to organise it islamicly...

alhamdulilah this year many exhibitions such as the kiswa....and and bazaars are taking place....should be great fun...something diff for the muslim ummah...a proper family day out...not searching for someone out there....

plus there expecting 50,000 ppl...inshalah hope it happens...

Daffodil
11-14-2006, 02:42 PM
one thing i also forgot to mention is that sisters go in their cars on their own without mehrams all the way to london which isnt allowed in islam, therefore the organisers shud state on the ticket that u canot come without a mehram.

they shud have hijabs at the doors in case any sisters aint wearing one.

they had a fireworks display? astagfirullah, we're becoming more and more like the kuffar, may allah swt save us from this.

Helena
11-14-2006, 04:29 PM
one thing i also forgot to mention is that sisters go in their cars on their own without mehrams all the way to london which isnt allowed in islam, therefore the organisers shud state on the ticket that u canot come without a mehram.

they shud have hijabs at the doors in case any sisters aint wearing one.

they had a fireworks display? astagfirullah, we're becoming more and more like the kuffar, may Allah swt save us from this.
sis daffodil ur making moi laugh.....cant stop....:giggling: ;D

Nice one....keep a hijab for non-hajibis....OMG did i jus say non-hijaBIS...YA ALLAH...MAY Allah(SWT) GIVE THEM UNDERSTANDING TO WEAR THE HIJAB AND FULFILL ALLAH(SWT) COMMAND INSHALAH....and to keep in mind every move we take Allah(swt) watching us.......

that's FUNNY u MENTIONed on da ticket....come only wid mahrams....subAnAllah sis truly nice strategy....perhaps every organizers of so called islamic events should keep that in mind....

yeah but on the other hand its not up to the organizers to show the attenders the rigteous/correct path...its up to the believers..brothers and sisters to to know wot is right and wrong in islam and follow the correct path...the path of believers....

anyway am going inshalah wid my family...not non-mahrams....:giggling: :giggling: :giggling:

but am still waiting for tickets.....booked it during Ramadhan...hasnt come yet...apprantly the see tickets are following the procedures to send it 10 ten days before the event...ANYBODY HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AS MOI????

A7med
11-19-2006, 11:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HAJI_HELENA
but am still waiting for tickets.....booked it during Ramadhan...hasnt come yet...apprantly the see tickets are following the procedures to send it 10 ten days before the event...ANYBODY HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AS MOI????
got my tickets yesturday

The Ruler
11-19-2006, 12:11 PM
one of the rules that they shud have for all ppl who want to attend is that the girls have to wear the hijab AT LEAST.
sis hijab isnt going to make much of a difference...i mean whats the point in wearing a hijab when you are ging to go there and meet dudes :?...and also that there will be many non-muslims there...we cannot ask them to put a hijab on if they want to come can we :?...that would just put them off islam...i mean...yes the hijab is obligatory for every women but they need to understand the need and why we wear the hijab before they put it on...get what i mean :?...if you go somewhere and they require you to wear a something and you dont understand the abc of it, then it would just put you off wouldnt it :)

Umar001
11-19-2006, 12:11 PM
Man, I thought the event would make me angry alone, dang this thread is upsetting too.

I don't get it, I really don't these events sound terrible for Muslims, it just seems to be enjoyed by some who can finally get their parents to pay for a night out to meet other people and free mix under the escuse that its Islamiclly Made, imagine the amount of money they could save, I was told 20 squid for two days, on top imagine the money for the food and so on, if muslims just donated that, and they could just as easy download the lectures, imagine how many new muslim schools they could run or how many masjids they could help out in and so on, it seems that this just shows to me, the lack of Islam in Muslims.

Umar001
11-19-2006, 12:13 PM
sis hijab isnt going to make much of a difference...i mean whats the point in wearing a hijab when you are ging to go there and meet dudes :?...
For Allah?

and also that there will be many non-muslims there...we cannot ask them to put a hijab on if they want to come can we :?...that would just put them off islam...i mean...yes the hijab is obligatory for every women but they need to understand the need and why we wear the hijab before they put it on...get what i mean :?...if you go somewhere and they require you to wear a something and you dont understand the abc of it, then it would just put you off wouldnt it :)

then have the women and men seperated totally, or have a day for women and another day for the men, or even better forget the event, and just donate the money, give da'wah to the non-muslims, and have the lectures at masjids throughout the country.

Assalamu Aleykum

The Ruler
11-19-2006, 12:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
For Allah?
eh :?...i mean like if they are forced to wear a hijab just for that day, there is no point...plus if you go there with hijaab but your main intention is to meet up with a guy, then again, you might as well forget the hijaab....get me :?

format_quote Originally Posted by IA
then have the women and men seperated totally, or have a day for women and another day for the men, or even better forget the event, and just donate the money, give da'wah to the non-muslims, and have the lectures at masjids throughout the country.
yup :thumbs_up....good idea...but we need things like this to being the ummah together and also to show that we are not the agressive group that they usually see us as...that's why women and men separate is the best :D

Umar001
11-19-2006, 12:24 PM
eh :?...i mean like if they are forced to wear a hijab just for that day, there is no point...plus if you go there with hijaab but your main intention is to meet up with a guy, then again, you might as well forget the hijaab....get me :?
Yep I understand that it would be abit stupid, but think about it, at least your covered, one less sin? Plus if your covered, well, hmm, well for my experience if Im wearing a thobe, girls wouldnt even think of flirting with me.

yup :thumbs_up....good idea...but we need things like this to being the ummah together and also to show that we are not the agressive group that they usually see us as...that's why women and men separate is the best :D

We don't need so and so style concerts to bring people together, rather that shows our lack of togetherness, a family does not need Christmas dinner to be able to know that they are close family, if they have Christmas dinner once a year just to show or to bring the family together, then it shows that they aint a close family. Rather throughtout time they should be close, visiting each other and so on.

Similarly, if Muslims go to one or two events, to bring each other together, then all that shows is that we aint a propa family, we should start from the masjid, getting to know each other, introducing families and so on, learning that the Muslim is brother of Muslim and that Muslim comes first, not that Non-Muslim takes presidence over Muslim. I like non_muslims, but I love Muslims like they are my own blood my own body, thats what we need to bring back, that type of love.

The Ruler
11-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Yep I understand that it would be abit stupid, but think about it, at least your covered, one less sin? Plus if your covered, well, hmm, well for my experience if Im wearing a thobe, girls wouldnt even think of flirting with me.
but its intention...anddd...what applies to you dont apply to the girls :heated:...i know girls that go around all covered yet they get wolf whistles...unless you want to force them to wear niqaab there as well :)

We don't need so and so style concerts to bring people together, rather that shows our lack of togetherness, a family does not need Christmas dinner to be able to know that they are close family, if they have Christmas dinner once a year just to show or to bring the family together, then it shows that they aint a close family. Rather throughtout time they should be close, visiting each other and so on.

Similarly, if Muslims go to one or two events, to bring each other together, then all that shows is that we aint a propa family, we should start from the masjid, getting to know each other, introducing families and so on, learning that the Muslim is brother of Muslim and that Muslim comes first, not that Non-Muslim takes presidence over Muslim. I like non_muslims, but I love Muslims like they are my own blood my own body, thats what we need to bring back, that type of love.
you know...i get your point...but weirdly, thinking about it, none of these work...i mean even the event wont bring the muslims together...rather in some cases, it may cause more division...i know because i even saw that happen imsad

Helena
11-19-2006, 06:03 PM
good news alhamdulilah,,,got me tickets on friday.......

Daffodil
11-20-2006, 12:43 AM
sis hijab isnt going to make much of a difference...i mean whats the point in wearing a hijab when you are ging to go there and meet dudes ...and also that there will be many non-muslims there...we cannot ask them to put a hijab on if they want to come can we ...that would just put them off islam...i mean...yes the hijab is obligatory for every women but they need to understand the need and why we wear the hijab before they put it on...get what i mean ...if you go somewhere and they require you to wear a something and you dont understand the abc of it, then it would just put you off wouldnt it
that is a very stupid reason not to wear it sis.

the reasons they shud wear it at the event especialy is because there are gonna be thousands of men there, so its not only for the girls benefit but mainly for the unmarried bros benefit as it wud be a fitnah for them, they have to respect that atleast.

Umar001
11-20-2006, 12:47 AM
but its intention...anddd...what applies to you dont apply to the girls :heated:...i know girls that go around all covered yet they get wolf whistles...unless you want to force them to wear niqaab there as well :)
I know its the intention, but even if a sister has the wrong intentnion something it helps others that she has one on, but Islam sure stops me from beating muslims up, else they wouldnt end up able to wolf whistle and as for the forcing niqaab, again, islam has provailed over my personal desire, other wise I would force it :happy:

you know...i get your point...but weirdly, thinking about it, none of these work...i mean even the event wont bring the muslims together...rather in some cases, it may cause more division...i know because i even saw that happen imsad

Well whem muslims fight after Taraweeh prayer what can we expect hey? :hiding:

Hijaabi22
11-24-2006, 11:12 PM
hmmmm i wna gooooo!! not fair im miles away! ah well those hu r goin have a blasttttttttt!

*love4isl@m*
11-24-2006, 11:31 PM
Good Luck 4 those of u who R going
& Enjoy Ur dayz Insha'allah...
And make the most out of the two Dayzzzz :)

And...
I heard it'll B on On TV... Any1 know which channal on 1-5 OR arabic Satellite

Ma3salaama

Helena
11-24-2006, 11:46 PM
it will be on islam channel?

or watch it online at islam channel inshAllah....?

Al-Hanbali
11-24-2006, 11:54 PM

Guess who one the competition to perform with Zain Bhikha tomorrow?

Sis_ReNa
11-24-2006, 11:59 PM
salam walkaum wa rahamtuAllah wa barkatoh
I pray this reaches you all in strong deen and iman

Yes i have been watching Islam channel over the net :cry: I wish that me and my family could go .. or at least stand out side and watch all the muslims go LOL ... unforently we are in the usa.. LOL but i pray that All the muslims are safe and have a blast of a time and inshAllah increass their deen and iman .. inshAllah~

*love4isl@m*
11-25-2006, 12:45 AM
thnx sisterz...
Jazakallah Qairan ikhwaati :)
Ma3salaama

S_87
11-25-2006, 12:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dhul-Fiqhar

Guess who one the competition to perform with Zain Bhikha tomorrow?

you...?

Hijaabi22
11-25-2006, 04:37 PM
its on islam channel :D

quite borin 2 be honest i watched da NQC live was wikd!!! Tanzeel is amaaaaaaaaaaaazin man

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-25-2006, 05:40 PM
ohhhh its da nasheed concert soon :D yay nazeel azami gna b der init?

i reali wanted 2 go :-\

afriend
11-25-2006, 10:57 PM
Just got back about 20 minutes ago...Was ok...Got tons of videos from today. Insha'Allah I'll post them up as soon as i edit them slightly.

Also got 2 pictures of the mu'adin of Makkah...It's the sheikh who does it on fridays, usually the first azaan of Jumu'ah prayer. I was like an inch from saying my salaams to him, but he got rushed away by security personnel.

Quite a few nice nasheeds artists, didn't manage to catch the end with dawud warnsby. All in all, not too bad....Although segregation was a big problem, but what can you do, I'm sure they tried as hard as they possibly could, it's obviously very difficult to get this in complete 100% order in these types of events.

I have a terrible feeling that tomorrow's turnout will be much less than today's...Today there was atleast 20,000 people...Tomorrow, who knows, I'm hoping to see as many as I saw today.

I may also be helping out tomorrow Insha'Allah....Can't wait to hear everyone else's views on the day.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-25-2006, 11:10 PM
dawud woz wikid mashallah :D:D

yeh i thrt so segregation woz a lil.. iffy :rollseyes

but 4rm wot i saw on tv it woz wikid :D i cudnt go 2 it cuz got sumet cumn up 2mrw :cry: inshahallah nex yr if dey gona do anutha 1 :D:D

afriend
11-25-2006, 11:16 PM
I think the signs were obvious that there will be another one next year. Quite a few people were saying 'Insha'Allah next year...'

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-25-2006, 11:25 PM
yeh i kinda guesd dat.. widout da people havn 2 say nuttin cuz itz such a success init

r u goin 2morow bro ^

afriend
11-25-2006, 11:31 PM
yeah definately....tomorrow will be even better...although I have low expectations. Yusuf Estes, Yasir Qadhi and many more...What more can you ask for?

Although I may be a stewrd tomorrow :p

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-25-2006, 11:37 PM
reaaaally? ur gona b steward ~_~ yh ryt lol

waznt ther goin 2 b sum1 convertin (not da sister but mashallah it woz sooooooo wikid!!) sajid sed on SNL :rollseyes who was it?

afriend
11-25-2006, 11:41 PM
lol no joke..My mum was in charge of the creche, and she asked me to help out. :p

Someone else converting.....:confused: All I heard was the sister....

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-25-2006, 11:59 PM
creche aww dat'd b kool :p

yeah der woz a man convertin.. 1st i thrt mayb its dat alan guy buh den woz lyk mayb not 8-) dunno.. mayb wait 4 2mrw n it myt b den..

Helena
11-26-2006, 12:21 AM
jus returned from the event....

all i can say is...am tired.....disorganised...kept promises that werent fullfilled....

and segregation most imp issue in islam...was misused.....it was just mixed....fullstop.....organisers..brother mohammad ali himself and a sister announced many times to brother and sisters......

STILL DIDNT REACH TO PEOPLES MIND OR HEART......ASTAGFIRULLA......

and da nasheeds....it was good..alhamdulilah.....

personally it dragged on......it wudve been best....if it was only one day event like last year........oh well...something diff i guess....but still....

Hijaabi22
11-26-2006, 04:04 PM
i was glued 2 da telly yday 4rm 6-10:30 but today is.... hmmmm... BORIN??? Yea thats the word 2 describe it, saw 786 dis mornin were awesome as always. ydays nasheed concert rockkkkkeddddddddddd but the only tym i was shoutin at da telly was when bro Nazeel was about 2 sing some more songs n he was KICKED OFF da stage - he didnt even cum bak only sang one trak wat thee...Zain bh was absolutly amaazin as was DWA, gotta say this tym round the event looked much muchhhhh better n i sooooooooooooooooo wanted 2 be there!! Crowd were ALIVE dis tym too which was gud... BUT HEY GUYS WERENT NATIVE DEEN MEANT 2 CUM??

Ooo yeah i caught Yusef Estes today too he is sooooooooooooooo funyyyyyyyy man dat guy loooked kewlllllll wid da dreadlocks looooolllll hes wikd man! Saw George galloway 2 , man that man is topppppp.

hope all those hu went had a blastttttt n still are i bet ...not fair lol, they partyin while im sittin on ma dumb comp DUIN AN ASSIGNMNTTTT urghhh!

Daffodil
11-26-2006, 04:25 PM
ive not watched it myself but all i can say is that ive boycotted the stupid event.

Rabi'ya
11-26-2006, 04:30 PM
:sl: sis daffodil

me and u r on exactly the same wavelength. I went last year, and espite it seeming al ittle more organised i can say its nothing more than an arena full of fitnah....and i cant really see much use coming out of it.

also, whats with 786 singing on stage about bloodshed, children dying, mothers losing their babies, and girls are screaming and waving their arms around like its some kind of pop concert. I felt like jumping thru the TV and tying all their arms to their sides...astaghfirullah(btw, my sis in law was watching it and i happened to see as i walked thru the room) I had teras in my eyes, when i saw this :(

Rabi'ya:rose:

Pk_#2
11-26-2006, 06:00 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

agreed, das why i don't go,

i don't even watch tv thank God!! lol

But i hear it all the time, girls screaming, half of em duno the lyrics buh they bobbin up n down n humming sumin, jeez, wasup sistas LOL

nah, ma mates went, most of em enjoyed it :)

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-26-2006, 07:02 PM
yea man.. i herd it woz propa disappointin.. but wat els cud dey do derz so many ppl 2 tell innit and if ppl wont listen den wot cn dey do?

seeker_of_ilm
11-26-2006, 07:09 PM

The segregation thing was a bit iffy, but the people giving talks were good masha'Allah. Yasir Qadhi was awesome, and so were many others. Also, got to see people taking Shahaada.

Hijaabi22
11-26-2006, 08:10 PM
4 those of u hu watched yusuf islam n have a prob;em wid the gals screamin ull like wat he sed... after he finished he goes 'NO SCREAMIN NO SCREAMIN' lool dad was like u gooooooo man lol

todays booooooo-rinnn man

IbnAbdulHakim
11-26-2006, 08:22 PM
i was just wonderin who are the people that moderate these events? :? (*cough*guitars*cough*)

Hijaabi22
11-26-2006, 08:27 PM
dats exactly wat i thoyght man wT IS WIDDDDDDD DESE DUMB GUITARSSSS

H4RUN
11-26-2006, 08:34 PM
init sis u were wonderin where all the b-line bass gone :p
i didnt see native deeen there, unless i missed them, they used drumkits last time :D

Hijaabi22
11-26-2006, 08:35 PM
native deen rokkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

they ddint cum

Hijaabi22
11-26-2006, 08:36 PM
wts hapnin now i can hear it on telly bt cant be asked 2 go son n watch it

S_87
11-26-2006, 08:56 PM

i just onned and caught the last two minutes of sheikh salmans speech!

and now they are raising money. wow mashaAllah like so far 5 people have pledged £10,000!!

Far7an
11-26-2006, 09:05 PM
A brother on another forum posted this on the topic:

Maybe the reason the speakers still speak even though they see whatever is going on is because by speaking, at least they hope that they might be able to get through to these jaahil people in some way. Yes there are alot of jaahil people still out there. Especially at events like these. Its ok to denounce some of the things that they are doing ... but at the same time there need to be people who will teach them what is right and the right way to worship Allaah.

If they didnt say anything and just walked away it would be alot worse because the people would still be jaahil.

I'm not supporting this event by the way and I don't support these nasheed artists nor some of the people they consider as "Shuyookh" or "People of knowledge"....But I remember last year that some people with knowledge like Shaykh Suhaib and Yusuf Estes spoke at the event. I don't think they liked being there but nevertheless they accepted the invitation, maybe because they probably felt that by speaking at an event like that they would be able to remind the people with whatever they were able.

The way young daee's look at da'wah is alot different to the way older and daee's look at it. People don't accept advise when you want them to. It takes time to sink in.

Unfortunately its not a perfect world. There is still alot of work to be done. It has to be seen as a gradual improvement not an overnight one. People resist sudden change. Especialy when they've been used to it for so long.

Skillganon
11-26-2006, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

i just onned and caught the last two minutes of sheikh salmans speech!

and now they are raising money. wow mashaAllah like so far 5 people have pledged £10,000!!
I been watching it aswell, and their where more than 11 shahada's aswell.

p.s to brother's & Sisters out their let keep off the criticism inshallah and overlook each other faults. Big event's like this is very hard to moderate & controll itself. Please do not expect perfection. May Allah(s.w.t) accept their efforts and give as Hikmah and forgiveness for this ummah & make it easy for them.

S_87
11-26-2006, 09:16 PM

i missed the shahadah part imsad

Skillganon
11-26-2006, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

i missed the shahadah part imsad
I think it was in the backstage only. If it was in the front page than you are not alone, I missed it too.

Hijaabi22
11-26-2006, 09:26 PM
yea i agree wid da bro, this is an event,of which theres ONLY ONE OF ITS KIND, can we not jus see the positive aspects of it instead of the negative, it tuk alot of tym monry n effort 2 organise such an event, lets jus make dua that all the organsisers efforts got accepted instaed of critising, SURELY some good must have cum out of it, not all negative, thers nothin in islam that says we cant enjoy ourselves

no1ns perfect

wow wee i jus reacher 5000 posts... man im sad aint i... 2 hacve posted dat much ..lol :p

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-26-2006, 09:31 PM
guitarz dont evn sound good ^o) lol

mashallah 11 shahadahz am so proud of ma ppl *wipes tear 4rm eye*

and i woz juz watchn da charity ting, wikid or whaaaaaa!

*Umm_Umar*
11-26-2006, 09:40 PM

I went yesterday.

I wish i went today instead though. We didn't know it was just going to be nasheeds yesterday. 786 did my head in and the silly girls who kept whistling and screaming!

Also it was very unorganised -
On the ticket it said the doors were going to open at 9:30. we got there at 10:30 and we still had to wait in the que for an hr in the rain before they let us in.
they didn't open the prayer room until after asr, so we had to pray in the halls in front of the brothers! And there was a guy there who kept trying to film the sisters pray :muddlehea
we were not told that the actual show was going to start at 4:30 otherwise we would have not gone so early.
And segregation was once again bad.

But other then all that, it was ok hehe. we did have some good times there, like in the exhinition hall, we bought some great things and ahmed bukhatir, brother dash and yayha hawa were really good mashallah.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-26-2006, 09:43 PM
And there was a guy there who kept trying to film the sisters pray :muddlehea
ewwwwwww.. wot a perv :-\

*Umm_Umar*
11-26-2006, 09:44 PM
And oh yeah, watching people taking their shahadah was great! :wub: well, we only saw one sister take her shahadah yesterday on stage hehe. It was beautiful, she even put on the hijaab.

Hijaabi22
11-26-2006, 09:46 PM
sis they had like a schedule thing to tell u wat exactly was gna happen when, even I knew it lol cos i wanted 2 watch the nasheeds only, so i cud set ma vid haha

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-26-2006, 09:47 PM
yea innit, mashallah dt brought tearz 2 ma eyes :)

*Umm_Umar*
11-26-2006, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
ewwwwwww.. wot a perv :-\
lol. I think he was from some news channel but he wasn't from islam channel. The security guards moved him away..

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-26-2006, 09:50 PM
ohhh thank allah.. dammmmmn uno wot i wudda dun, gon up2 his face n go 'ere u perv wot u fink u playn at n den i wudda punchd him :D' no1 messes wid muslimz :p esp muslim sisters :-\

*Umm_Umar*
11-26-2006, 09:50 PM
sis they had like a schedule thing to tell u wat exactly was gna happen when, even I knew it lol cos i wanted 2 watch the nasheeds only, so i cud set ma vid haha
Well we don't have islam channel right now at home so we didn't know about the scedule. Alot of people there didn't know.

Ok it was dumb of us not knowing it was going to be just nasheeds yesterday. But there was nothing on the tickets saying that the actual show was going to start at 4:30.

Far7an
11-26-2006, 10:22 PM
Did they just cut sister Yvonne Ridley short?

Skillganon
11-26-2006, 10:33 PM
I don't know, I wen't upstairs during the charity raising.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-26-2006, 10:34 PM

What did Shaykh Yasir Qadhi speak about?

- Qatada -
11-26-2006, 10:34 PM

Yeah.. i think they set the time till 10pm on automatic or smthin.. Allaahu a'lam buh it hapend for me2.

Hijaabi22
11-26-2006, 10:36 PM
is it still on telly or wat?

- Qatada -
11-26-2006, 10:42 PM

They shut it off at 10pm even tho it was still playing.

Al-Hanbali
11-26-2006, 11:21 PM

Just got back from the event.

Sheikh Farooq al Hadrawi gave the msot beautiful adhaan's mashallah. He also recites good too. :)

afriend
11-26-2006, 11:25 PM

ALLAHU AKBAR!!!!!!!!! Today was much more awesome than yesterday!!!

And as I said, I did do steward duty today...as well as funds collecting. Raised over £700...Me alone :p

I got a posed picture of sheikh yusuf estes and I shaked his hand...Wooow is he a joker or what ;D Once he finished shakin my hand he was asking for a cappuchino at one of the shops ;D

Also shook the hand of the mu'azzin...who has such a beautiful voice...Subhanallah it felt so good.

I'd just like to give a BIG JAZAKALLAH to our team (handling the VIP tickets/seats)...It was no easy job, and the majority of the helpers were sisters, May Allah reward them all. We had to take inults and pressure from the non VIP people, I couldn't believe that people would make such a fuss about such things but oh well. By the way I was the one who was wearing the navy blue shirt and jeans and no vest until the collections started, which was the orange one.

I'd like to say on behalf of many other brothers and sisters on the VIP control team, if we had made a wrong judgement then please try your hardest to forgive us, it is not easy handling thousands of people becuase of the mayhems of the day before.

I'm amazed by the contribution of the brothers and sisters, it couldn't have been done without them.

The issues addressed by the prominent scholars and speakers are like pearls, take them and put them to work Insha'Allah.

Also, please make du'a for Brother Muhammad Ali (CEO, Islam Channel), who fell ill with chest pains...He has contributed a huge deal...

I can't wait until next year Insha'Allah!

PS. Jazakallah to brother Kausar who bought me the drink :p ;)

Also, Nice to see MST and bro D-F there too ;) :shade:

Al-Hanbali
11-26-2006, 11:29 PM

Once again segregation was rubbish. :(

afriend
11-26-2006, 11:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dhul-Fiqhar

Once again segregation was rubbish. :(
yeah.....very. Although.....Well it's a big subject maybe we'll raise it another time.

But nice to see you there though bhai!

Pk_#2
11-26-2006, 11:32 PM
LOL ma mates helped out, loads of the sisters from my college :wub: :p

while i was stuck with flu! :| LOL

Ahmed
11-27-2006, 01:25 AM
Sorry to sayyyyyyy but it was no different from the first event boriiiiing

I was looking forward to new amamzyyyyyyyy event but disappointed

Any one whooooooooo agree with me or disagree

plZZZZZZzzzzz comment on it

Peaceeeeeeeeeee

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-27-2006, 01:28 AM
salam

dont take 2 offence..lolzz...but ther any chance u realted 2 Asian Queen loolzzz...i mean the typos r extremely same!!..but then again u could be alike :D:D:D

ooh no i didnt watch it ..:(

wasalam

Ahmed
11-27-2006, 01:40 AM
salam

dont take 2 offence..lolzz...but ther any chance u realted 2 Asian Queen loolzzz...i mean the typos r extremely same!!..but then again u could be alike

ooh no i didnt watch it ..

wasalam

What do u mean by it plzzzzzz explain i did not understanded uuu commented

BlissfullyJaded
11-27-2006, 01:55 AM

*Threads Merged*

The issues addressed by the prominent scholars and speakers are like pearls, take them and put them to work Insha'Allah.
:thumbs_up

What were the topics btw?

afriend
11-27-2006, 10:41 AM
Well...lol What was the event name :p...Basicly how to make peace and create unity among Muslims, Roles etc.

Maimunah
11-27-2006, 10:47 AM
mashaAllah i was there yesterday n it was really good:)

wasalaam

SistaHH
11-27-2006, 12:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Yeah.. i think they set the time till 10pm on automatic or smthin.. Allaahu a'lam buh it hapend for me2.
I left at 10.20 and the event was still going on. Bilal philips was giving a speech at that time

Mr. Baldy
11-27-2006, 12:43 PM
the global peace and unity event taught me one universal truth... niqabis are tight

Daffodil
11-27-2006, 02:21 PM
what do u mean nikabis are tight?

Umar001
11-27-2006, 02:27 PM
what do u mean nikabis are tight?
I think the brother or sister is talking about the fact that the niqabi sisters were asking for discounts lol or something.

Anyhow, I was told the segregation was shambels.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

ANd I cant believe bro Iqram you had to put up with abuse? Sounds very islamic.

Re.TiReD
11-27-2006, 02:38 PM
:sl: sooooooooo. insted of criticisms, what were your fave parts to the days?? :D actually criticisms first I think.....:okay: the only one I can think of is Dawud Wharnsby and Yusuf Islam using the guitar! I mean...what the...!! ^o) and then the fact that almost all the good speakers were at the end! AND they stopped showing it on tv at ten o clock! :rant:

but Umair Alai cracked me up!! ;D specially the shaykh Ya'ni Wallahi! :D that was hilarious, I thoughT dA'UD Abdullah was good as was Yvonne Ridley (purely because of who she dedicated her talk to! :thankyou: lol)

Zain Bhika and Dawud Wharnsby rocked together and....apart from that cant think of much more...lol but wish i coulda been there :( :w:

- Qatada -
11-27-2006, 02:40 PM

I think the near endin was top.. the part where they collected the money masha'Allaah.. insha'Allaah brother Muhammad Ali is alright.

Re.TiReD
11-27-2006, 02:44 PM
yeah it was....but like I said....they cut it off on tv! :rant: but that part was inspiring....when every1 was donating! and oh yeah...big upz to Jalaal ibn Saeed....'Music is haram!' lol good on him! ;D

Duhaa
11-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Yeah the money collection was an eye opener...

People (women ;)) were giving their jewellery away and this one lady said she only had a ring and she gave that away, jihaad of the nafs at its best, right? But seriously its great that our fellow Muslims have not forgotten the act of giving, masha Allah.

Btw, I know it's a silly question, but I heard all of this from someone else so I neither watched the programme or saw it live unfortunately...
....so here's the question: what's the money collection for?
The funding of the event or for charity or what, just curious...

- Qatada -
11-27-2006, 02:51 PM

For the ummah, not for islam channel insha'Allaah.. thats wa they kept saying.

IceQueen~
11-27-2006, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dreamer
yeah it was....but like I said....they cut it off on tv! :rant: but that part was inspiring....when every1 was donating! and oh yeah...big upz to Jalaal ibn Saeed....'Music is haram!' lol good on him! ;D
well at least someone had some sense! i heard that some people came on stage with guitars or something:confused:

Re.TiReD
11-27-2006, 02:56 PM
yeah....Dawud Wharnsby and Yusuf Islam....at first I saw Yusuf Islams whiite beard and thought Masha'allah! but them was like.....:rant: when saw him wit guitar

Re.TiReD
11-27-2006, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Duhaa
Btw, I know it's a silly question, but I heard all of this from someone else so I neither watched the programme or saw it live unfortunately...
there were six charities who had come together as an umbrella org and it were for them....Interpal, Muslim Hands, Muslim Aid, KIRF and several more....

afriend
11-27-2006, 03:06 PM
I think the brother or sister is talking about the fact that the niqabi sisters were asking for discounts lol or something.

Anyhow, I was told the segregation was shambels.

ANd I cant believe bro Iqram you had to put up with abuse? Sounds very islamic.

Yeah tell me about it...And it's like, most of the volunteers were sisters, and fully gorwn men taking out their Anger on them...Come on...No wonder we're weak!

format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

I think the near endin was top.. the part where they collected the money masha'Allaah.. insha'Allaah brother Muhammad Ali is alright.

Yeah I hope so too...I haven't heard anything, nothing on their site either...Hope he's ok :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Duhaa
Yeah the money collection was an eye opener...

People (women ;)) were giving their jewellery away and this one lady said she only had a ring and she gave that away, jihaad of the nafs at its best, right? But seriously its great that our fellow Muslims have not forgotten the act of giving, masha Allah.

I think they'll divide it into 8...so each charity gets an 8th of everything...

IceQueen~
11-27-2006, 03:09 PM
erm.... sound u people had some 'interesting' incidents...:rollseyes
but anyway insha allah talk about the good points

Umar001
11-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Man Am Suprised There Was No Fighting.

And They Had Music Up There? Oh Man! :(

What Happend To Muhammad Ali?

S_87
11-27-2006, 03:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr. Baldy
the global peace and unity event taught me one universal truth... niqabis are tight

meaning?

Re.TiReD
11-27-2006, 03:12 PM
:sl: apparantly he collapsed on stage?? am i right? chest pains or something? :confused: :w:

S_87
11-27-2006, 03:15 PM
:sl: apparantly he collapsed on stage?? am i right? chest pains or something? :confused: :w:

yh something like that and when suhaib webb started talking they were asking for doctors?

IceQueen~
11-27-2006, 03:20 PM
erm WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?! :confused:

Re.TiReD
11-27-2006, 03:22 PM
thats what happened! lol he collapsed, he had chest pains and later on his daughta came on requestin everyone to make du'aa for him :w:

Umar001
11-27-2006, 03:22 PM
WHAT? :muddlehea :muddlehea

What was he doing on stage? Am confused, does he know whats happening? Can he talk?

Re.TiReD
11-27-2006, 03:24 PM
lol bro....why WOULDNT he be on stage?? he is the CEO after all! ;D Wallahu Aalim, aint heard nuffin after that, just pray for him Insha'Allah

Umar001
11-27-2006, 03:29 PM
lol bro....why WOULDNT he be on stage?? he is the CEO after all! ;D Wallahu Aalim, aint heard nuffin after that, just pray for him Insha'Allah
Wow

I think he can cos he got a website and everything.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Move like a butterfly Sting like a Bee Ohhhhhhhhhh Muhammad Ali!

Booya

Re.TiReD
11-27-2006, 03:31 PM
are we talking about the same Muhammad Ali here? ;D i get a strange feeling we're not! anyway...goin OT :w:

Duhaa
11-27-2006, 03:34 PM
I was wondering about that....

I get it now: He's talking about the boxer...:rollseyes

Re.TiReD
11-27-2006, 03:36 PM
lol I know! ;D :D what a cracker! :w:

btw....bro...the boxer was NOT there! :happy:

Umar001
11-27-2006, 03:45 PM
Oh man, who's the other Muhammad Ali?

I was talking about the one that used to say:

"Clay comes out to meet Liston/And Liston starts to retreat/If he goes back any further/He'll be in a ringside seat/Clay swings with a left/And Clay swings with a right/Look at young Cassius/As he carries the fight

Liston keeps backing/But there's not enough room/It's a matter of time/Till Clay lowers the boom/Now Clay swings with a right/What a beautiful swing/And the punch knocks the Bear/Clear out of the ring

Liston's still rising/The ref wears a frown/For he can't start counting/Till Sonny comes down/Now Liston disappears from view/The crowd is getting frantic/But our radar stations pick him up/He's over the Atlantic

Who would have thought/When they came to the fight/That they'd witness the launch/Of a human satellite?/Yes, the crowd did not dream/When they laid down their money/That they would see/A total eclipse of the Sonny!/

That one, Booya, which one you on about?

- Qatada -
11-27-2006, 03:45 PM
The owner of islam channel :)

The Ruler
11-27-2006, 05:08 PM

the islam channel didnt show the other half of Yvonne Ridley's lecture imsad....that sucked :(

Al-Hanbali
11-27-2006, 05:37 PM

Yusuf Estes was jokes, as ususal. :)

Kamilah
11-27-2006, 06:22 PM

I went to the GPU, i got back around 4am ish lastnight, I was shattered!

did u guys see the Mu'adhin of Al-Haramain!!!

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-27-2006, 06:29 PM

the islam channel didnt show the other half of Yvonne Ridley's lecture imsad....that sucked :(

go on2 her website.. itz there :D

Al-Hanbali
11-27-2006, 06:34 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Kamilah

I went to the GPU, i got back around 4am ish lastnight, I was shattered!

did u guys see the Mu'adhin of Al-Haramain!!!
Yh sis. i couldnt beleive he actually came :)

Here's a pic: :)

Al-Hanbali
11-27-2006, 07:10 PM

Who saw on the 2nd stage that guy who was beatboxing. It was jokes :)

Hijaabi22
11-27-2006, 08:17 PM
Omair Ali??? Maaaaaaaaan Hes Funnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Helena
11-27-2006, 08:50 PM
overall..when i reflect on da two days event...alhamdulilah it was a good experience....

all da waiting,seating,listening, chatting,buying, seeing.....mashAllah....something to remember......something to laugh about...i guess......

i will continually to go inshAllah......hope step by step everything improves...

da nasheeds wid music, majority women engaging themselevs in clapping,sreaming,whistling, astagfirulla...very common in islamic events.....

da guitar thing gave moi a shock....no comment on dat.......

yesterday left at half eight....my mum was feeling unwell...i was waitng for shuhiab webb and bilal philips.....oh well nxt time inshAllah...

yeap yusuf estes was da best man....seriously very beneficial speech...mashallah......

omair ali was a joke...he surely cracked us up...esp....stevie wonder prayer, LOL.....

hope brother mohammad ali is better inshAllah....

da second stage.....cudnt even seat man...we were all over da place...lol

Umar001
11-27-2006, 09:09 PM
The More I Hear About It The More Horrible It Sounds

Hijaabi22
11-27-2006, 09:42 PM
The More I Hear About It The More Horrible It Sounds
lolll

personally i think its wikd havin events like dese, cum onnnnnnnnn we ned 2 have fun now n then !

Umar001
11-27-2006, 09:56 PM
lolll

personally i think its wikd havin events like dese, cum onnnnnnnnn we ned 2 have fun now n then !
Sounds terrible, apparently seperation of people was shambles, people were abusing others, there was music, I mean if it takes this much for muslims to actually donate some money and bribe them to come to listen to a couple of lectures, no wonder the Ummah is in the state that we are in. :( Not only that but people seem to think its all good fun.

Helena
11-27-2006, 10:14 PM
to tell the truth after this event...

i felt very uncomfortable....it felt completely empty...this feeling(butterflies in stomach)........weird feeling.....

that made moi get a headache.......

it was because of the music that was used in the event by the artists.....screaming,clapping...jus made it worse.....

H4RUN
11-27-2006, 10:39 PM
'boom chicky chicky, boom!:D'?

Helena
11-27-2006, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
'boom chicky chicky, boom!:D'?
huh?.......confusion.......:? :? :? ............

Pk_#2
11-27-2006, 10:42 PM
He means he was one of dem, bobbing up n dwn to music...?

well ma mates liked it, buh i guess, if theres no nasheeds its just like being in a lecture hall!

So nasheeds are cool, but still not agreeing that people should clap and dance to music!

Umar001
11-27-2006, 10:50 PM
Whats wrong with just lectures?

Something the Ummah seems not to want, typical convo:

Ibrahim: Yo Salam aleykum, you going to that talk?
Mo: has it go any nasheed?
Ibrahim: Nah man, get real its about Tawheed and Allah's message
Mo: So no nasheed?
Ibrahim: nah pure knowledge bro
Mo: How long is it?
Ibrahim: a day's course
Mo: Dang a whole day, no nasheed just pure talks?
Ibrahim: Yea man you should come
Mo: Where is it?
Ibrahim: You know that masjid, down the road.
Mo: Its in a masjid? Dang, so I guess its seperated and all.
Ibrahim: Yea man. no distractions.
Mo: Oh I cant come.

thats how it seems

Pk_#2
11-27-2006, 10:55 PM
well i am very sorry,

indeed!

Peace :(

Umar001
11-27-2006, 11:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
well i am very sorry,

indeed!

Peace :(
Don't be sorry sister,

alot of us say sorry but dont change things.

it wasnt aimed at u personally

afriend
11-27-2006, 11:05 PM
Wow wow wow......You can't say that it was a complete failiure NO NO NO!!!

That makes what the staff and organisers worked for complete S**T!! Is all our hard work that? I think not!

11 shahdahs!! come on...Nothing is perfect!

If a person truly is a 'Muslim' they will stay away from all wrong actions...What about the Hajj where millions of Muslims are together....Come now my brothers and sisters.

A lot of money had been raised also.....Try to be a bit more positive! Let's not be pessimists here...There's no room for pessimism in Islam (I learnt that yesterday :))

Umar001
11-27-2006, 11:09 PM
Wow wow wow......You can't say that it was a complete failiure NO NO NO!!!

That makes what the staff and organisers worked for complete S**T!! Is all our hard work that? I think not!

11 shahdahs!! come on...Nothing is perfect!

If a person truly is a 'Muslim' they will stay away from all wrong actions...What about the Hajj where millions of Muslims are together....Come now my brothers and sisters.

A lot of money had been raised also.....Try to be a bit more positive! Let's not be pessimists here...There's no room for pessimism in Islam (I learnt that yesterday :))
Akhi, I didn't say it was a complete failure, I think Allah will bless those who took part and done good, no doubt.

But it upsets me that alot of Muslims need to have nasheeds and music and mixing in order to then stay and listen to some lectures and donate money thats all.

afriend
11-27-2006, 11:17 PM
lol...Bro I had the same feeling as you, and I even said it on here on Saturday night, I thought that there would hardly be anybody there for the lectures day...But Subhanallah! there were more people on Sunday than on Saturday :)

Of course you'll find the few common idiots, but there are a few bad apples in every basket.

Umar001
11-27-2006, 11:20 PM
lol...Bro I had the same feeling as you, and I even said it on here on Saturday night, I thought that there would hardly be anybody there for the lectures day...But Subhanallah! there were more people on Sunday than on Saturday :)

Of course you'll find the few common idiots, but there are a few bad apples in every basket.
I don't know, i mean there are good points and I think thats amazing, but, yea I odn't know I mean...hmm.

afriend
11-27-2006, 11:24 PM
Bro....You have to be there to know what it is...Last year I had a bad feeling towards it. Nasheeds, pfft! But this year...when I experienced it for real....So many Muslims under one roof. It felt so so so great!

Now I really feel sad becuase I miss that feeling, that wonderful atmosphere....

How's about bro, next year you come with me Insha'Allah! :smile:

Pk_#2
11-28-2006, 12:02 AM
is there one next yr?

how many years it been runnin fo?

AsalamuAlykum!

Umar001
11-28-2006, 12:04 AM
I dont know, I dont tend to like big type of events but never say never

Pk_#2
11-28-2006, 12:06 AM
i don't go to vents, so i wouldn't know if it's a good idea or a bad idea to go...

i get mixed views all the time, from those who have been!

Peace.

Skillganon
11-28-2006, 01:50 AM
I think this is the second event. This events are quite big, and hard to control & Moderate. If you wan't an opinion on nasheed you can ask quite a few scholars, which I am sure event organisers did. For the action of few that are not appropriate, it is their action which they answer for, not anybody making them do it.

The whole even was orientated in bringing Muslim and non-muslim in a common good, for the common good.

For everytime someone gave me a penny when a brother or a sister did something innapropriate, I will be rich.

So pause & think.

- Qatada -
11-28-2006, 09:48 PM
edit

afriend
11-28-2006, 10:07 PM
lol :p I agree with SG...Something on such a large scale is bound to have faults....But it's only for the better good.

BlissfullyJaded
11-29-2006, 12:07 AM

You know, the nasheeds aren't a problem, although personally I believe too much emphasis is given to nasheeds, while the Quran is being side-tracked. Its just that if you're going to have somebody like the Mu'adhin of the Masjid al Haram and then Yusuf Islam and Dawud Wharnsby with a guitar, that is hypocritical. If you're going to have ulama there who I assume are against inter-mixing, and then you allow inter-mixing, that pretty much shows a great percentage of people attending are not going to really pay attention and take heed to what is being said.

My point is not to insult the GPU. I'm sure that there are many people who have benefited from it. But there is room for improvement, and they should seriously consider doing it more appropriately. Sure, some people may have a problem that their favorite nasheed band isn't going to be there. At that point you have to ask yourself, are we organizing this event for the sake of Allah or to make the people happy?

But hey, as long as even just one person walked away from this years GPU as a changed person for the better, they will be rewarded for all their efforts inshaAllah. And I'm sure more than one person did benefit and create change in their lives from the lectures given. :)

Daffodil
11-29-2006, 12:09 AM
music????

music????

music????

la howla wa la quwata illah billah hil aliyul azeem.

mixing?

clapping?

whistling?

screaming???

subhanallah, are we trying to teach culture or islam?

the way i look at things is, wud the prophet saw sit back and allow this to happen?

why do ppl make excuses just because its a muslim event. note how i sed muslim and not islamic.

im seriously considering having a huge protest outside the event next year but inshallah i make dua that there isnt one next year. the boards will say things like "music is haram" or "mixing is haram"

why do ppl need nasheeds any ways? where has this culture come from all of a sudden, yea at first the kiddy ones were good and fun and cute and educational, but why can they put quran on instead? surely the words of allah swt are more powerful and beautiful. subhanallah!

this is so upsetting and it angers me that ppl make excuses and allow these things to happen, ok so 2 percent of the scholars (scholars for dollas can i add) fabricate and make up some weak hadith etc etc and interpret things to suit them and their followers in order so that they listen to music but shudnt the organisers atleast respect the view of the salaf in that music is haram?!?!?!

the ppl who went this year shud rethink going next year because by them buying a ticket is only encouraging these deviants more and u are making it easy for them to help facilitate haram.

Kamilah
11-29-2006, 04:41 PM
I met (as in face to face...didnt speak to them) loads of the speakers and nasheed artists...(not that i was a fan of them or anything) I saw Imam suhaib webb....!!!

he is one tall Shaykh......

malizea
11-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Assalama'leycoum my name is malizea and i am a sister from france my problem is that i am trying to organiz a trip to london with some sisters and brothers but we don't have someone to guide us through london mosques. the purpose of this trip is to see how muslim from england leave and to dicover all the organisations in england for the humma ( channel, magazin,banque, islamique school...) please contact me :malizea@hotmail.com
barakAllahouficoum assalam'aleycoumwa rahmatula.
ps : sorry for my english

Skillganon
11-29-2006, 07:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by malizea
Assalama'leycoum my name is malizea and i am a sister from france my problem is that i am trying to organiz a trip to london with some sisters and brothers but we don't have someone to guide us through london mosques. the purpose of this trip is to see how muslim from england leave and to dicover all the organisations in england for the humma ( channel, magazin,banque, islamique school...) please contact me :malizea@hotmail.com
barakAllahouficoum assalam'aleycoumwa rahmatula.
ps : sorry for my english
Assalamu alaikum sister. Try A mosque directory. And try to get in contact with them.

http://www.iccuk.org/resources/direc...asjids_map.htm

http://www1.visitbritain.com/VB3-en-...ss_london.aspx

Also let me know if it is helpfull.

Skillganon
11-29-2006, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Labibah

You know, the nasheeds aren't a problem, although personally I believe too much emphasis is given to nasheeds, while the Quran is being side-tracked. Its just that if you're going to have somebody like the Mu'adhin of the Masjid al Haram and then Yusuf Islam and Dawud Wharnsby with a guitar, that is hypocritical. If you're going to have ulama there who I assume are against inter-mixing, and then you allow inter-mixing, that pretty much shows a great percentage of people attending are not going to really pay attention and take heed to what is being said.

My point is not to insult the GPU. I'm sure that there are many people who have benefited from it. But there is room for improvement, and they should seriously consider doing it more appropriately. Sure, some people may have a problem that their favorite nasheed band isn't going to be there. At that point you have to ask yourself, are we organizing this event for the sake of Allah or to make the people happy?

But hey, as long as even just one person walked away from this years GPU as a changed person for the better, they will be rewarded for all their efforts inshaAllah. And I'm sure more than one person did benefit and create change in their lives from the lectures given. :)
I think what is really important is try to have a feedback session with the organiser's and find way's to improve it, than just solely criticising, about a large event and innappropriateness of some sister's & brothers.

Umar001
11-29-2006, 07:53 PM
music????

music????

music????

la howla wa la quwata illah billah hil aliyul azeem.

mixing?

clapping?

whistling?

screaming???

subhanallah, are we trying to teach culture or islam?

the way i look at things is, wud the prophet saw sit back and allow this to happen?

why do ppl make excuses just because its a muslim event. note how i sed muslim and not islamic.

im seriously considering having a huge protest outside the event next year but inshallah i make dua that there isnt one next year. the boards will say things like "music is haram" or "mixing is haram"

why do ppl need nasheeds any ways? where has this culture come from all of a sudden, yea at first the kiddy ones were good and fun and cute and educational, but why can they put quran on instead? surely the words of allah swt are more powerful and beautiful. subhanallah!

this is so upsetting and it angers me that ppl make excuses and allow these things to happen, ok so 2 percent of the scholars (scholars for dollas can i add) fabricate and make up some weak hadith etc etc and interpret things to suit them and their followers in order so that they listen to music but shudnt the organisers atleast respect the view of the salaf in that music is haram?!?!?!

the ppl who went this year shud rethink going next year because by them buying a ticket is only encouraging these deviants more and u are making it easy for them to help facilitate haram.
assalamu aleykum wa rhametulah,

I was waiting for you to reply!! lol. Since your replies sound a little like mine I don't end feeling like the only one spoiling the party. Pardon the Pun :p

Whilst I do agree with you in almost all of your posts.

im seriously considering having a huge protest outside the event next year but inshallah i make dua that there isnt one next year.
Seven Shahadas, thats a big blessing, plus I personally know people who have been guided to wear hijabs and other things from similar events. So I think although, yes there is alot of bad, rather than banning the whole thing maybe we should wish for the thing to clean up and be proper sister, not make du'a that there isn't one but make du'a that theres one but with nothing but Halal? Deal?

Also, I have always wondered, and disliked the phrase 'scholars for dollars' have these 'scholars for dollars' been labeled this by knowledgeable people or just us lay men? Have these 'scholars for dollars' been named and told about their mistakes and so forth? I mean to me personally I found it hard to ever say 'you scholar for dollar(s)' maybe I'm in the wrong here.

Anyhow, I am glad someone agrees with me. Totally diabolical!

Skillganon
11-29-2006, 09:25 PM
For the Peace & Global Unity event, I suggested to get in contact with them and give them feedback to the organiser's. Also stating if posssible how to improve or tackle certain situation. I am sure it will be appreciated.

If one do please do it in a polite Islamic manner and not in the manner of some comments in this thread.

Link: http://www.theglobalunity.com/

May Allah(s.w.t) give us Hickmah, understanding and forgiveness.

Daffodil
11-30-2006, 01:01 AM
I think what is really important is try to have a feedback session with the organiser's and find way's to improve it, than just solely criticising, about a large event and innappropriateness of some sister's & brothers.
i did email one of the ppls about it before this years event about how they cud improve it and make it more in accordance with shariah but none of what they sed came tru. i will continue to email them inshallah.

Seven Shahadas, thats a big blessing, plus I personally know people who have been guided to wear hijabs and other things from similar events. So I think although, yes there is alot of bad, rather than banning the whole thing maybe we should wish for the thing to clean up and be proper sister, not make du'a that there isn't one but make du'a that theres one but with nothing but Halal? Deal?
salaams bro, alhumdulillah thats great, but what kind of islam are they being introduced to? lets hope inshallah that they didnt think mixing and music is halal. may allah swt guide them on to the right path ameen.

bro isa, i still dnt agree with such events, yes even tho ppl may start practicing from attending it! alot of ppl start practicing islam after listening to so called islamic nasheeds which have music in them, this doesnt make it halal. alot of ppl start practicing after they start going out with a "muslim" girl or guy but this doesnt make it halal etc, do u get where im coming from?

in islam we are told to protect our selves wen giving dawah and naseeha, and allah swt ses in the quran that there is no obedience to the creation wen its in disobedience to the creator. its my favorite quote i think.

Also, I have always wondered, and disliked the phrase 'scholars for dollars' have these 'scholars for dollars' been labeled this by knowledgeable people or just us lay men? Have these 'scholars for dollars' been named and told about their mistakes and so forth? I mean to me personally I found it hard to ever say 'you scholar for dollar(s)' maybe I'm in the wrong here.

Anyhow, I am glad someone agrees with me. Totally diabolical!
firstly some one who misinterprets and changed hadith n fabricates them does not in my opinion have the right to be called a scholar. ill get my husband dawud to post u some stuff on the naqshaband tareeqah perhaps ull understand more wer im coming from.

im so extremely more just grrrr angry about the event because my mate foned me who helped with the event n sed it was a big disapointment because the mixing was atrocious, absolutly dire, bros n sisters were talking to eachother and laughing and joking with eachother, she was talkin about bros n sis doing collections talking with oposite genders! also she sed that yusuf islam came on stage n started saying music is halal n sed some other stuff as to why it is saying stuff like they take our coffee so we can take their intruments bla bla bla.

she also sed that the lectures werent very beneficial because it wasnt like a proper talk talk on islam, it was more just discussing general topics such as politics! hmm i wonder what the new to practicing bros n sis thought of that!

what annoys me is that sooooooo many non muslims will have been there and ppl who are non practicing or starting to practice and because of the organisers letting yusuf islam do his thing n saying its halal, so many of those ppl will have been misguided, and whose head will it be on? yusuf islam AND the organisers who let him do his thang! these ppl are gonna go home n tell their friends n family, guess what music is halal cuz yusuf islam sed so at a big time "islamic" conference so hes bound to be correct. grrrrr it makes my blood boil.

for crying out loud, how dumb do u have to be, u know music is a contraversial issue (altho its black n white, u dnt have to be a rocket scientist to work out what the prophet saw meant in the hadith regarding music) so whyyyyyyyy oh whyyyy make other ppl listen to the music, atleast respect their opinions and not have ur guitar playing, thats not very respectful, because ur pushing ur haram views on thousands of other ppl and ur subjecting them to fitnah and haram!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! may allah swt guide the bro seriously. ameen

Skillganon
11-30-2006, 04:20 AM
Concerning Music has been discussed here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...an-sunnah.html

The the blame Brother's and Sister's free-mixing cannot be put on the event organisers.

BlissfullyJaded
11-30-2006, 04:31 AM

Its not inpossible to have the brothers in seperate hall from the sisters. They can also divide one hall in half and put a divider down the side. I've been to events where they have seen to it that everything was 100% segregated. So, yes, the blame does also go to the organizers.

My intent is not to the diss the GPU, nor am I trying to be impolite. Anyways, sure, I will contact them directly. I wonder how much effect it will have, considering the fact I'm in America and was not at the event. Khair inshaAllah.

Skillganon
11-30-2006, 04:37 AM

Its not inpossible to have the brothers in seperate hall from the sisters. They can also divide one hall in half and put a divider down the side. I've been to events where they have seen to it that everything was 100% segregated. So, yes, the blame does also go to the organizers.

My intent is not to the diss the GPU, nor am I trying to be impolite. Anyways, sure, I will contact them directly. I wonder how much effect it will have, considering the fact I'm in America and was not at the event. Khair inshaAllah.
Does not matter it's suppose to be "Global" Peace and Unity event, and it has been televised event (obviousely not the innappropriatness of some people.)

So please do so. I think what you said is appropriate and I tend to agree. I am hardly in a position to disagree.

However I will not put blame on them entirely for action of other's. I do hold the view that is should be minimised as much as possible.

What about Young Family member's?

Seperation from their parent's in such a large event?

Their should be a section for Family only too.

BlissfullyJaded
11-30-2006, 04:45 AM

For young family members, boys go with the father, girls with the member. If only one parent is attending, and they're not Islamically mature, they just go with whichever parent is going. If they are mature, then see if they can have a group of friends go with them. I think if they're 13 or so, and their mother or father isn't with them, they would love being with their friends at a big event. And give 'em a cell phone if they need it...

I don't entirely place the blame on them. I understand the brothers and sisters had a choice to do the appropriate thing. Seeing that they failed, action needs to be taken for next time inshaAllah.

Skillganon
11-30-2006, 05:15 AM

For young family members, boys go with the father, girls with the member. If only one parent is attending, and they're not Islamically mature, they just go with whichever parent is going. If they are mature, then see if they can have a group of friends go with them. I think if they're 13 or so, and their mother or father isn't with them, they would love being with their friends at a big event. And give 'em a cell phone if they need it...

I don't entirely place the blame on them. I understand the brothers and sisters had a choice to do the appropriate thing. Seeing that they failed, action needs to be taken for next time inshaAllah.
Actually their is similar issue's going on the IslamChannel forum (I am not a posting member):
Their are some interesting discussion and opinions some participant and Volunteer's. It will probably help us get a better Idea since we don't all have the first hand experience.

http://www.islamchannel.tv/forums/sh...%20and%20Unity

Daffodil
11-30-2006, 03:50 PM
sis labibah hit the nail right on the head there, i was just gonna say that but u took the words from my mouth.

its something so obvious as thats what happens at most events, the boys with their dads n girls with their mums etc, u dnt need to be a rocket scientist to organise that.

and yes the organisers are to blame because they facilitated mixing by making it easy for the ppl to mix i.e family section aka men and women sittin together. wateva haram came from the mixing will be on their heads. my husband was the head of new muslim project sheffield and this issue came up countless number of times because some of the shura members wanted to let the new muslims bring their non muslim family members bla bla bla, cant be bothered to explain the whole story.

afriend
11-30-2006, 08:44 PM
How many people took shahadah...Was it 11 or 10 people? I don't quite remember....

Personally I've never seen that many Muslims in the same place in London ever.

Surely there's always room for improvement. :)

*love4isl@m*
11-30-2006, 08:54 PM
How many people took shahadah...Was it 11 or 10 people? I don't quite remember....

I am sure its 11, correct me if im wrong plz!

Personally I've never seen that many Muslims in the same place in London ever.

I Just wish i went, I watched it & really had wished to goo

Surely there's always room for improvement. :)

Insha'allah 4 da nxt time i gooo and 4 it 2 b good to all of us ;)
*Take Care*

Umar001
11-30-2006, 09:07 PM
salaams bro, alhumdulillah thats great, but what kind of islam are they being introduced to? lets hope inshallah that they didnt think mixing and music is halal. may allah swt guide them on to the right path ameen.
Wa Aleykum Salam Wa Rahmetulahi Wa Berekatu,

I agree, insha'Allah the Islaam that they will aquire will be good, but what I was saying sister is that we shouldn't make du'a that the event does not happen but just that it fixes up, because in honesty, ok those people may not have the best understanding after embracing Islaam, but inshaAllah, Allah will forgive everything other than Shirk, so at least that is out of the way.

bro isa, i still dnt agree with such events, yes even tho ppl may start practicing from attending it! alot of ppl start practicing islam after listening to so called islamic nasheeds which have music in them, this doesnt make it halal. alot of ppl start practicing after they start going out with a "muslim" girl or guy but this doesnt make it halal etc, do u get where im coming from?
Of course, I know what you mean, just like its not right to build a pub so the person can earn money for chairity. I agree, I think there should be drastic changes, but I don't think it should be totally abolished.

in islam we are told to protect our selves wen giving dawah and naseeha, and allah swt ses in the quran that there is no obedience to the creation wen its in disobedience to the creator. its my favorite quote i think.
Yes, and I heard other speakers were there but I dont know if they mentioned anything about Music being haram, but think about it, what disrespect.

Picture this:

Someone complains "oh brothers you should tolerate them and their view because there is disagreement on music"

Rather, Muslims who hold Music to be halal should be tolerant and not force that upon others. Imagine a family who thinks Music is haram sitting in the audience, only to find Music then be played! How intolerant is that, rather those who played Music could have for one day AT LEAST not used musical instruments, for the love and sake of those Muslims in that Hall that believed that to be haram. :(

firstly some one who misinterprets and changed hadith n fabricates them does not in my opinion have the right to be called a scholar. ill get my husband dawud to post u some stuff on the naqshaband tareeqah perhaps ull understand more wer im coming from.
Thanks, and yes a scholar should be of right aqeedah and sound character at least.

im so extremely more just grrrr angry about the event because my mate foned me who helped with the event n sed it was a big disapointment because the mixing was atrocious, absolutly dire, bros n sisters were talking to eachother and laughing and joking with eachother, she was talkin about bros n sis doing collections talking with oposite genders! also she sed that yusuf islam came on stage n started saying music is halal n sed some other stuff as to why it is saying stuff like they take our coffee so we can take their intruments bla bla bla.

she also sed that the lectures werent very beneficial because it wasnt like a proper talk talk on islam, it was more just discussing general topics such as politics! hmm i wonder what the new to practicing bros n sis thought of that!

what annoys me is that sooooooo many non muslims will have been there and ppl who are non practicing or starting to practice and because of the organisers letting yusuf islam do his thing n saying its halal, so many of those ppl will have been misguided, and whose head will it be on? yusuf islam AND the organisers who let him do his thang! these ppl are gonna go home n tell their friends n family, guess what music is halal cuz yusuf islam sed so at a big time "islamic" conference so hes bound to be correct. grrrrr it makes my blood boil.

for crying out loud, how dumb do u have to be, u know music is a contraversial issue (altho its black n white, u dnt have to be a rocket scientist to work out what the prophet saw meant in the hadith regarding music) so whyyyyyyyy oh whyyyy make other ppl listen to the music, atleast respect their opinions and not have ur guitar playing, thats not very respectful, because ur pushing ur haram views on thousands of other ppl and ur subjecting them to fitnah and haram!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! may allah swt guide the bro seriously. ameen
May Allah guide me and us all!!

afriend
12-01-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Daffodil View Post
I see your point...It all comes down to intention....If the intention was right, but a mistake was made then I don't think we should say that, it's like saying a judge should lose his job because he didn't agree with your opinion.

Looking forward to the posts by brother Dawud.

Daffodil
12-02-2006, 01:02 AM
I see your point...It all comes down to intention....If the intention was right, but a mistake was made then I don't think we should say that, it's like saying a judge should lose his job because he didn't agree with your opinion.

Looking forward to the posts by brother Dawud.
i wasnt saying that, so ur analogy is not valid, i was talkin about those sheikhs who blatently go against the quran and sunnah by saying things like "we should love america cuz god loves america and may god bless america" n "music is halal" or "its ok to worship this dead saint" etc etc, those sheikhs are just sell outs.

i meant ill get dawud to pm the bro about the stuff but ill get him to pm u as well inshallah, however theres hoards n hoard of info on it.

afriend
12-02-2006, 11:26 AM
oh that's a different case.

ok Jazakallah.

*love4isl@m*
12-02-2006, 11:49 PM
:salaam:

They repeated & show bits of it 2day on Islam TV,
Obviously, Not live butit was the recorded one I think!
However, it was good!!!

afriend
12-03-2006, 12:00 AM
lol I didn;t watch it on purpose...Too many memories of that place :'(

Hope you enjoyed it. Did they show the lectures today?

*love4isl@m*
12-03-2006, 12:13 AM

Well, havnt seen any lectures 2day but nasheeds by:
ahmed bukhatir, zain Bikha, 786 and also Yusuf Islam
& another guy which was a joka! :giggling:
Also kids reicting Quran was shown too they were soo cute masha-allah....
But i missed some @ the biginning & was just a part of the event on saterday I think-Not all!
:'( :'( i wish i went & watched it live but i couldnt go there unfortunately imsad,
Atleast i watched it live on net On dat saterday but now i hav the channel on TV!

Pk_#2
12-03-2006, 12:16 AM

so what are the memories?

share with us... :rollseyes

*love4isl@m*
12-03-2006, 12:22 AM
so what are the memories?

share with us... :rollseyes
Yes plz i & more other sisters & bro's have missed a lot i guess and wish 2 hear more...
Jazakallah bro

afriend
12-03-2006, 12:26 AM
lol....many things.

But mostly concentrate on the atmosphere with so many Muslims in one place. Was soo cool!

Pk_#2
12-03-2006, 12:28 AM
Hmm..

seriously though..

nah jokes das cool!

afriend
12-03-2006, 12:38 AM
Hmm..

seriously though..

nah jokes das cool!
Hahaha :p

That's about all I can think of.....Unless you want me to comment on everything.....Which I wont :p

A7med
12-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Global Peace & Unity Event Finale

Pk_#2
12-03-2006, 10:23 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

you gotta dwnload dat, yeah?

Hmm...jazakhala!

Hijaabi22
12-04-2006, 02:07 PM
whoa... strong views on ere *cough* sis daffodil*cough*

Musaafirah
12-05-2006, 03:01 PM
whoa... strong views on ere *cough* sis daffodil*cough*
Strong though her views may be..I absolutely agree with sis Daffodil! It doesn't help reverts to Islam and the muslim youth with all this conflicting talk of music does it? :-\

A7med
12-05-2006, 07:02 PM
many of these (if not all) issues and prblems were and have been discussed on Islam Channel it self

AsalamuAlaykum,

you gotta dwnload dat, yeah?

Hmm...jazakhala!
yep.... u need to download to view.... if it does not play on Windows Media player... download VLC Player

Kamilah
12-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Imam Suhaib Webb

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...q=global+unity

Al-Hanbali
12-11-2006, 08:19 PM

Mash'allah he gave a very inspirational lecture :)

The Ruler
12-11-2006, 08:22 PM

i think yaasir qadhi's was the best though :happy: anyone got a link to his :?

Beblessed
12-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Sh Yasir Qadhi in GPU

Kamilah
12-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Shaykh Yasir Qadhi's was the best...!

although I dont agree with his stance regarding the Mujahideen.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-11-2006, 09:02 PM
dis thread stil goin on :uuh:

Helena
12-12-2006, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
dis thread stil goin on :uuh:
guess it is sis......were not over GPU yet....not that soon....

a day to remember.....:rollseyes

afriend2
12-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Salaam,

:lol:

Well....I missed all those political speeches and nasheeds, because me and PiXie from this forum were too busy buying ice cream :D.

We had to run out of the main hall quite a few times, especially when the guitar came out! :(

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-13-2006, 06:40 PM
lol il let ya'l cary on :p

Seeker-of-ilm
12-14-2006, 04:48 PM
Can anyone inform us about bilal philips lecture? what did he discuss??

Sabbir_1
12-14-2006, 09:05 PM
best speeches where by:

george galloway
suhaib webb
yasir qadhi
yvonne ridley
abu raheem green
yusuf estes- short but still gd

the nasheeds where no that gd, 786 waste of time. could of put zain bjhikha on instead of them.. they played ther worst tracks..

Other nasheed artist where happy sisters where screamin like bunch of monkeys, out of all the nasheed singers only yusuf islam asked them not to scream..

afriend
12-14-2006, 10:30 PM
^lol.....Yeah, I agree with everything the bro above has said. Although Yusuf Islam messed it up for himself big time, I still think he made a few good points....

Al-Hanbali
12-14-2006, 11:04 PM

These are some of the pictures I took at the event :)

The Kiswa

Sample of Kiswa

Model of Masjid-ul-Haram

Model of Masjid-un-Nabwi

Name of one of the Ashara Mubashara

If anyone wants the pics in bigger size, dont hesistate to ask :)

*love4isl@m*
12-15-2006, 03:15 PM
:salaam:

Masha'allah beautiful Picz by da way!
Jazakallah Qairan 4 sharing Bro!

Take care

Helena
12-15-2006, 10:07 PM
erm......
personally i think yusuf estes, yair qadhi, was simply the best........mashAllah....

but missed bilal philips speech...went home early....my mummy wasnt feeling well.....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.