/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Inside Mecca - The Discovery Channel

mohammed farah
10-08-2006, 07:13 AM
This documentary made by National Geographic is interesting, true to life and informative. The plot is based on the stories of 3 people traveling to Mecca to perform hajj. Preparations, troubles and religious insights of the Muslim professor from the States, black journalist from South Africa, and the businessman from Indonesia are disclosed during their journey to Mecca and their actions in Mecca. It was interesting to find some facts about the city, religious rituals. Racial problem. In one episode the black man even in Mecca suffers because of his color in Mecca in the tent of his countrymen, therefore he decides to leave it. Also it was interesting to see satellite photos, religious Western paintings associated with famous religious figures associated with Mecca, also comments by the religious which were used in this movie.

hope you enjoy it!
http://www.islamicvideos.net/compone...temid,30/:ace:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kamilah
10-10-2006, 12:23 AM
JazakAllah for posting this brother , really interesting.... made me cry! cant wait to go for hajj...Insha'Allah ...Insha'Allah!

mohammed farah
10-10-2006, 01:24 AM
no problem sister inshallah 'ill go to hajj next year

Kamilah
10-10-2006, 05:03 AM
what moved me was watching the people on the plains of Arafat making dua...got me really emotional and also when everyone was reciting

Labbaik Allahumma Labbaik. Labbaik Laa Shareeka Laka Labbaik Innal Hamda Wannimata laka walmulk Laa Shareeka Lak.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
10-10-2006, 11:42 AM
:sl:

its sucha lovely video :cry: :wub:

Islam_the_true_
10-12-2006, 03:06 AM
I cant watch it because of my slow computer what should i do?

mohammed farah
10-14-2006, 05:53 AM
sorry sister i cant help u there

DigitalStorm82
10-17-2006, 12:10 AM
Mashallah... Good video...

I don't like the fact they showed this painted or statue figure of an old man every time they mentioned Abraham (as).

But very nice and emotional video :)

Jazakallah Khair

Kamilah
10-17-2006, 12:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DigitalStorm82
Mashallah... Good video...

I don't like the fact they showed this painted or statue figure of an old man every time they mentioned Abraham (as).

But very nice and emotional video :)

Jazakallah Khair
I know that image kinda stuck in my head ever since.

doodlebug
10-20-2006, 02:03 PM
asalam alaykum

Thank you for showing this link! I loved everything but watching the slaughter of the animals...I had to cover my eyes during that.

Wow the stoning part looks awefully dangerous but the Irish woman was smart by going early to avoid the crowds!!! I would think that there are many injuries of people getting hit accidently by the stones though. :uuh:

Just a comment on the Irish woman...I have seen another video showing her conversion from Catholicism to Islam and I really liked it, since I too am Irish and was Catholic. I was sad though that many asked her if she was a muslimah though. I mean duh...she's at Hajj.......what's she gonna say, "no, I snuck in here illegally"???? I thought that everyone was the same at Hajj but I guess some things never change unfortunately.:cry:

mohammed farah
10-20-2006, 03:16 PM
i know what u mean sister

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.