/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Danish leader condemns Muhammad mocking

sonz
10-08-2006, 10:20 PM
By JAN M. OLSEN, Associated Press Writer

COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Denmark‘s prime minister on Sunday condemned members of an anti-immigrant party who appeared in Web videos mocking the Prophet Muhammad, prompting renewed protests from Muslim leaders around the world.

In the video clips posted online this past week, a group of young politicians was shown conducting a drawing contest during a camp meeting in August. One woman presented a drawing of a camel with the head of Muhammad and beer cans for humps as the group laughed.

Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen denounced the youth wing of the Danish People‘s Party in a statement, saying "their tasteless behavior does in no way represent the way the Danish people or young Danish people view Muslims or Islam."

Muslim leaders have criticized the videos as another insult to their religion.

"If someone enjoys an iota of humanity and wisdom then he will not insult and offend the shining holy presence of Muhammad," according to national television.

Din Syamsuddin, chairman of Muhammadiyah, the second-largest Muslim group in Indonesia, said his organization regretted the "repeated humiliation of Islam in their country."

The comments followed a statement on Saturday from Egypt‘s largest Islamic group, the Muslim Brotherhood, which said Muslims are "shocked by this new Danish insult."

The protests over the prophet drawings, which broke out earlier this year when they were reprinted in European media, prompted angry mobs to attack Western embassies in Muslim countries, including Lebanon, Iran and Indonesia.

People‘s Party leader Pia Kjaersgaard claimed Sunday that the videos were filmed by a man who had infiltrated the youth branch for the past 18 months to uncover their platform. She said the images were the "kind of things that happen when you‘re drunk."

___

Associated Press writers Maggie Michael in Cairo, Egypt, and Niniek Karmini in Jakarta, Indonesia, contributed to this report.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
10-08-2006, 11:06 PM
mashAllah, may the people follow that leader inshaAllah :)

Zulkiflim
10-09-2006, 02:42 AM
Salaam,

Alhamdulilah,the danes now learn to listen and to talk.

Inshallah,me they in time learn to udnerstand about respect.

And since the Danes of all parties are condemning this abuse ,we should just listen and have a dialogue.

rania2820
10-09-2006, 09:10 PM
well its good to hear that the leader of dennmark condems these acts.may allah guide him to islam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zulkiflim
10-10-2006, 08:49 AM
Salaam,

Yes dialogue is better if they again turn arrogant,then another avenue must be seek.

Inshallah,a step in the right direction.
We respect them,but why cant they respect us?

Dawud_uk
10-10-2006, 10:36 AM
assalaamu alaykum,

the punishment for those who mock the prophet Muhammad saws is clear, even the muslims know it know so these people dont even have the defence of ignorance like the previous 'cartoonists'.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

AvarAllahNoor
10-10-2006, 10:39 AM
It is wrong to mock any Prophet of the Lord!

Hijrah
10-10-2006, 10:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
assalaamu alaykum,

the punishment for those who mock the prophet Muhammad saws is clear, even the muslims know it know so these people dont even have the defence of ignorance like the previous 'cartoonists'.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah
Denmark isn't an Islamic State Though.

Dawud_uk
10-11-2006, 06:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah
what has that to do with it?

i am not advocating we living in the west do this action, because even if the kuffar have broken the covenant we should still act as if it is in place.

but if a legitimate amir from darul islam sent someone to act upon this ruling then i do not see why it would not be legitimate.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Zulkiflim
10-11-2006, 06:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah
Salaam,

Does respect have boundaries?

If it takes Islam to teach the west about respect thru any channle,then we should.

We respct them and their faith,why cant they respect us?

aamirsaab
10-11-2006, 08:42 AM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
why cant they respect us?
Perhaps if certain muslims stopped chanting "die Kaifr scum, die!" and setting flags on fire.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-11-2006, 08:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab

Perhaps if certain muslims stopped chanting "die Kaifr scum, die!" and setting flags on fire.
if the sahabi's were extremely good muslims upholding the best image of islam and the kuffar still hated them then how cud the muslims of today make a difference?

Shout "die u disgusting kuffar" or wateva, it dont make a difference, kuffar will always oppose our ways simply because it doesnt fit in with there dunya lifestyle. That shoulda been obvious bro :-\

but i do agree, muslims should be respectable, we should all still try out best to live up2 the name of Islam and uphold its good conduct!

aamirsaab
10-11-2006, 09:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mazed
if the sahabi's were extremely good muslims upholding the best image of islam and the kuffar still hated them then how cud the muslims of today make a difference?
Then the least we could do is try to achieve the level of greatness of the sahabis; if certain people still hate us, then so be it - we as muslims would have done everything we can.

Shout "die u disgusting kuffar" or wateva, it dont make a difference, kuffar will always oppose our ways simply because it doesnt fit in with there dunya lifestyle.
I think you may have misunderstood me. What I meant was that we shoudn't present ourselves as adversarial and we should try to be the best muslims possible, in both physical and mental meanings.
That shoulda been obvious bro :-\
Yes, but it is better to continue to strive for Allah than to give up and take the easy way out.

Zulkiflim
10-11-2006, 11:42 PM

Salaam,

Yes but that is the reaction not the provocation.

A slight difference but huge in depth.

But did you notice it is only after muslim reaction,then did they apologise or considered their actions?

So tell me,who is more enlightened,muslim who did nothing until provocated,or the western who knew it is provocative,did it,tell you it is freedom of speech then only when violence ensues,they say we respect you..

The west intentionally want to disrepect Islam at every turn,the war on Islam is on,and any moderate muslim here will of course stand up and say no.

Zulkiflim
10-11-2006, 11:54 PM
Then the least we could do is try to achieve the level of greatness of the sahabis; if certain people still hate us, then so be it - we as muslims would have done everything we can.

I think you may have misunderstood me. What I meant was that we shoudn't present ourselves as adversarial and we should try to be the best muslims possible, in both physical and mental meanings.

Yes, but it is better to continue to strive for Allah than to give up and take the easy way out.
Salaam,

can you explain when you say,you have done everthing you can?
What have you done to defend the Prophet or any Prophet honour?

By keeping silent and point out to those who feel their faith maligned and outraged,and tell them ..you are worng ,this is not Islam.

Then perhaps you shoudl teach us in islam how do we honour our Prophet ?

And when you say we should not present ourselves as adversarial,the question is,why then provoke us? INTENTIONALLY?
Who is adversarial?

To strive for Allah than to take the easy way out.
To defend Allah,the Prophet went to the Mecca,and destroyed the idols ringing Mecca.
To defend the Prophet the muslim then fight to keep his honour and any disgrace or ipertinece were seeked and out and discussed,when it is apparent they were aggresive,war ensues.
Do you not know of the battles the Prophet fought?
Do you not death of the Quraish who maligned and disrepected the Prophet with vile proses and so on?

So can you tell me,in light of the way the Propeht and companions of the Prophet defended his honour,how should we do it now?

When the other party does not listen,but are provoking at every turn.

Do we become malise,and take it in our stride,such that such vile comment become common place?

Will then onyl will you act?Will then onyl will you speak out?

too late too late..

A story,a muslim was praying and foudn another man whom was the devil in disguise praying,and he was so devout.
The man was astonished,how do you become so ?
the deveil answered for i repented and followed the wrong path,and understanding the ill i now understand the light.

So the man thought ,is that the way,then he started to fornicate,take durg and all the vileness,and worse dishonour the Prophet and Allah.

But never did once did he reutrn to prayer,for he is already accustomed to vileness.

As an Imam say,when you are coming from a garden to astinkiy room,you will grimace with distaste,but in tie that foulness becomes you and you become it..

Oh moderate muslim.,,,awaken from petrified state and be part of the Ummah...

Keltoi
10-12-2006, 12:10 AM
I'm still slightly confused on what exactly you mean by "wake up moderate Muslim". What exactly are they supposed to do to escape this horrible label of "moderate" Muslim?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-12-2006, 12:21 AM
i hate labels! I better not see anyone use it on me. Im a Muslim and nothing else!

Muezzin
10-12-2006, 08:39 AM
Yeah, anyway, can we stop with the diatribes? They're not really anything to do with the topic and they're getting on my nerves.

aamirsaab
10-12-2006, 09:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
But did you notice it is only after muslim reaction,then did they apologise or considered their actions?
They apologise because they don't want to get killed, so it's out of fear, not respect; if you want respect, you have to earn it. And a good way of earning respect is to not go round killing "kafirs" or behaving irrationally when Islam is attacked.

So tell me,who is more enlightened,muslim who did nothing until provocated,or the western who knew it is provocative,did it,tell you it is freedom of speech then only when violence ensues,they say we respect you..
The muslims who are truly enlightened would not respond with violence when provocated.

The west intentionally want to disrepect Islam at every turn,the war on Islam is on,and any moderate muslim here will of course stand up and say no.
Have you ever thought that if certain muslims didn't go around shooting/killing "kafirs", Islam may have a much better representation? Look, all i'm saying is that if we as muslims behave in the best possible manner and still we are disrespected, then the fault lies with the west. Currently, the fault lies with both the muslims and the west.

format_quote Originally Posted by keltoi
What exactly are they supposed to do to escape this horrible label of "moderate" Muslim?
Put a rambo bandana round their head, load up an Ak-47 and fire upon "kafirs".

format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
i hate labels! I better not see anyone use it on me. Im a Muslim and nothing else!
I agree.
In relation to quotes:
format_quote Originally Posted by zulkifilm
can you explain when you say,you have done everthing you can?
What have you done to defend the Prophet or any Prophet honour?
and
Then perhaps you shoudl teach us in islam how do we honour our Prophet ?
I have followed his teachings of peace, mercy, generosity. Please do not ask this of me again, I should not have to prove myself to you or anyone in terms of my support for Islam: i was born muslim and inshallah, i'll die as one. My word, as not only a muslim but a human being, should be enough. That is honour. That is respect.
And when you say we should not present ourselves as adversarial,the question is,why then provoke us? INTENTIONALLY?
Who is adversarial?
If they want to provoke us, let them. In return, play it cool. If you respond with violence, you're doing exactly what you're being accused of (example; the danish cartoons depicting islam being, on foundation level, as terrorism/evil. Certain muslims, in retaliation, carried out terrorist actions)

So can you tell me,in light of the way the Propeht and companions of the Prophet defended his honour,how should we do it now?

When the other party does not listen,but are provoking at every turn.
From what I've learnt of islam, we should show them mercy and forgiveness; if we can show it to our own members of faith, we can show it to anyone else.

Show mercy on people; Pray for their guidance; Forgive them of their mistakes.

wilberhum
10-12-2006, 04:47 PM
They apologise because they don't want to get killed, so it's out of fear, not respect; if you want respect, you have to earn it. And a good way of earning respect is to not go round killing "kafirs" or behaving irrationally when Islam is attacked.
It is good to see that someone understands the difference between fear and respect. It is quite obvious that many are not looking for respect.

aamirsaab
10-12-2006, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
It is good to see that someone understands the difference between fear and respect.
Just one of my talents :p.
It is quite obvious that many are not looking for respect.
And that is what I find both disturbing and offensive.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.