/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Enter Hell?

nishom
10-09-2006, 02:25 PM
Do Musllims believe that all non Muslims will enter the hell fire, even if they have done good in this world?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
10-09-2006, 02:31 PM
how can you enter hell if you reject Allah and his messengers.

Contemplate over this, the one who created you, provided for you, given you everything and you reject him? Why on earth should he allow you to enter heaven after such arrogance :eek:

chacha_jalebi
10-09-2006, 02:34 PM
if they have denied that Allah (swt) is the 1 and only god and he is d real deal :D:D and RasoolAllah (salla Allah Hu Aley Wassalm) is his last Prophet!

because Abu Talib who werent muslim , he propa did good by looking after RasoolAllah (saw) but in a sahih hadiths in muslim it says he will be in hell, but the fire will only touch his feet to make his brain boil, so this hadiths shows that even if you do good but disbelieve in Allah (swt) then you will stil go hell, i hope that helps ya :D:D:D

nishom
10-09-2006, 02:35 PM
In the quran its stated that those who disbelieve in God and his messengers and verses, as well as associate partners with him will enter the hell.

What about those who believe in a creator but, for example dont follow religion due to the negative representation of it, especially islam, in the media.
Also if muslims are setting a bad example how are people supposed to see the beauty of islam and embrace it?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
10-09-2006, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nishom
In the quran its stated that those who disbelieve in God and his messengers and verses, as well as associate partners with him will enter the hell.

What about those who believe in a creator but, for example dont follow religion due to the negative representation of it, especially islam, in the media.
Also if muslims are setting a bad example how are people supposed to see the beauty of islam and embrace it?
if they muslim sinners then they prob gnna go to hell for an appointed time, but the murderers who kill muslims intentionally will go hell 4eva i heard, and also hippocrites will be in hell forever.... :offended:

nishom
10-09-2006, 02:44 PM
ive heard about hypocrites going to hell.

Whats the islamic definition for a hypocrite.
From my pov, most muslims thes days including myself can be deemed as hypocrites as we pay lip service to islam without following what it commands to the full.
Also are the hypocrites worser than the disbelievers, cause the hypocrites have received the truth and just cant be bothered and turn away.
So, will the hypocrites get a greater punishment?

nishom
10-09-2006, 03:00 PM
salaam,

what if a non muslim believes in god and prays to him (supplicates.)

I ask the question cause i have a friend who has all the charachteristics of a Muslim, in terms of charachter and morals, but does not believe in religion-despite believing in God.

What would you recommend i give her to read or listen to, just to introduce her to islam.

Eric H
10-09-2006, 04:05 PM
Greetings in peace nishom,

The same God who created you and gave you your faith through Islam also created me and gave me a faith through Christianity. When we both pray; the same God hears both our prayers. The same God also created people who are atheists, Hindu, Sikh and have all manors of beliefs. I feel drawn towards Christianity as you may well be drawn towards Islam.

We both have to trust in a merciful and forgiving God who has a fair and just way to judge each one of us despite our differences. We need to pray for each other and people of other faiths that we may all gain salvation despite our differences here on Earth.

In the spirit of striving for a greater understanding of one God.

Eric

Zulkiflim
10-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Salaam,

Nishom perform the 5 Pillars of Islam.

It is that simple,it is we ourselves that make it hard.

Thruout the 5 holy books including the bible,it always say to worship ONE GOD,not 2 not 3 not 4 not a pantheon of gods.

It is simple.
Only ONE GOD

Entry to hell are poeple whom practise idolatry or worship other besides Allah,or say god is man.

But as is written,,HIS MERCY SHALL OVERCOME HIS WRATH

Allah has sent rules and guidance but should you wilfully neglect them,then you will be punished.
Muslim too who are not sincere or who have bad deeds will enter hell.
For a time,Inshallah

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-09-2006, 04:41 PM
:sl:

A person needs to have "La Illaha Ilallah". The works of the disbelievers will not avail them in the Aakhirah no matter how many they be. The Shahadah is the prerequisite for any actions to be accepted. But Allah is not unjust. He rewards them in this Dunya and gives them all their recompense for their good deeds here so that on the Day of Judgement they have nothing.

14:18. The parable of those who disbelieve in their Lord is that their works are as ashes, on which the wind blows furiously on a stormy day, they shall not be able to get aught of what they have earned. That is the straying, far away (from the Right Path).

:w:

Ansar Al-'Adl
10-09-2006, 05:25 PM
Do Musllims believe that all non Muslims will enter the hell fire, even if they have done good in this world?
Please use the search facility brother; there have been dozens of discussins on this topic; from my post here:
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
This issue has been discussed multiple times before:
http://www.islamicboard.com/124268-post11.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...aven-hell.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/akhira-h...tml#post129310
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...AskAboutIslamE
>http://www.sunnahonline.com/ilm/aqeedah/0055.htm

From the first link:
It is established by the consensus of Muslim scholars that there are indeed people in the world who do not recieve the message of Islam and consequently will be judged according to their circumstances. Imaam Ibn Al-Qayyim said concerning non-muslims who did not recieve the message of Islam:
We cannot rule whether such people are believers or unbelievers, because disbelieving means to deny something, while in their case, they did not know about the message from the first instance. As they were neither believers nor unbelievers, they should have a different ruling on the Day of Judgment.

Even if we were to say that they are unbelievers, then we would still have to say that the precondition for unbelievers to be punished in the Hereafter has not been ralized in their case. They have to be warned first. Allah will not punish people without a previous warning. This warning should be in the language that the person understands. (Tarîq al-Hijratayn and Ahkâm ahl al-Dhimmah)
Wallahu 'alam.

Eric H
10-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Greetings in peace Ansar, I hope that you and your family are well,

It is established by the consensus of Muslim scholars
But most Muslim scholars are not God, most Christian, Hindu, Jewish scholars are not God. None of us are in a position to make judgements on God’s behalf.

Allah will not punish people without a previous warning. This warning should be in the language that the person understands.
When you say this warning should be in a language that the person understands, this may not mean English, French or Chinese. I understand more the language of Christianity rather than the language of Islam. You have a greater understanding of the language of Islam. Is God going to judge each one of us by our separate understandings?

With sincerity I believe that we are somehow stuck with our differing beliefs and I pray that people of all faiths may achieve eternal salvation with God.

In the spirit of striving for a greater interfaith friendship

Eric

rania2820
10-10-2006, 12:07 PM
anyone who rejects Allah and his messenger will enter the hell fire for enternity.and muslims who commited a lot of sins in this lifetime will also go to hell fire but not for enternity.after the sinful Muslims serve their time in hell they will be raised to the heavens.

Eric H
10-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Greetings in peace rania;

anyone who rejects Allah and his messenger will enter the hell fire for enternity
I struggle with this message, I am a Christian who will go to hell because I have not embraced Islam. I have been coming to this forum for about eighteen months and nothing has inspired me to feel that Islam is the greater path.

Having said that I admire many things about Muslims; Islam as a religion has helped me to understand my own Christian faith in a deeper way.

I am still stuck with the belief that we are all created by the same God and that despite our differences we are all brothers and sisters together.

We need to pray for each other that we may all achieve salvation.

Eric

al Amaanah
10-11-2006, 01:49 PM
May Allah protect the Muslim Ummah from Jahannam

Ansar Al-'Adl
10-11-2006, 04:13 PM
Hi Eric,
Nice to hear from you.
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
But most Muslim scholars are not God, most Christian, Hindu, Jewish scholars are not God. None of us are in a position to make judgements on God’s behalf.
You're taking my sentence out of context; I was speaking about the Islamic ruling on this issue. They are not making judgements on God's behalf, those judgements are revealed by God in the Qur'an and Sunnah and this ruling is based upon these divine sources.
When you say this warning should be in a language that the person understands, this may not mean English, French or Chinese. I understand more the language of Christianity rather than the language of Islam. You have a greater understanding of the language of Islam. Is God going to judge each one of us by our separate understandings?
By language it means that the beliefs and fundamentals of ISLAM are communicated to that person so that they are able to understand them. There is no such thing as communicating Islam in the language of disbelief, because a Muslim must believe in God and His Messenger and all that was revealed to him.

Here's something I wrote in another thread:
If someone recieves the message of Islam properly, then they can not reject it with impunity. When God sent Prophet Moses it was incumbent on his people to follow him and believe in him. The same is true for Prophet Jesus. The same is true for Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon all of them. God does not send a prophet for no reason; He sends them to guide people back to the original message of all the prophets. There really is no reason for someone to reject and disbelieve in the Prophet.

Nevertheless, if someone does not adequately recieve the message of Islam then they will be judged according to their circumstances. God knows best what was in their heart, we don't.
There is a huge reason to reject them if they are fake.
Of course, but the explicit supposition is that they are fake. If they are not fake then there is no reason to reject them. That is why God gave us the faculties of reason and logic to investigate and search for the truth.

Think about it this way, why would Islamic doctrine be built around the supposition that it is false?? That's not logically coherent.

Another member has told me that if you are righteous and follow Judaism then under Islam you will go to heaven. I was suprised because Judaism is similar in this aspect. Are you saying this is not true, and it is all dependant on if you recieved the message of Islam properly?
Yes, it is NOT true that someone who disbelieves in Prophet Muhammad and thinks he is false will go to paradise. If that was the case, why would the Prophet have bothered preaching at all? If you are a righteous person, God will guide you to the truth. Why would God allow a righteous believing servant of His, who craves for the truth, to be mislead and come to reject God's Messenger? That's not consistent with the concept of God as the Most Just.
Regards

scentsofjannah
10-17-2006, 04:13 PM

This has been discussed before..i believe Non Muslims who believe in One God and do righteous good things will enter paradise...how Allah will judge then and the specifics etc i don't know...but Allah says he will not treat the good and the bad in the exact manner..this includes the bad nonmuslims and the good nonmuslims.

scentsofjannah
10-17-2006, 04:17 PM
i have an interesting question..we should refelct on.

imagine there are two people one is a muslim by verbal profession..comitts all sorts of sins, lying, cheating, comitting injustice, fornications etc..the other is a nonmuslim..could be a christian who doesnt believe in the trinity..worships God much, helps out vulnerable people and does his/her hardest to lead a good moral life..How will Allah judge?:)

- Qatada -
10-17-2006, 04:39 PM
could be a christian who doesnt believe in the trinity

A person who doesn't believe in the trinity isn't counted as a christian, this is the reason why anyone who doesn't believe in the "sacrifice of Jesus" doesn't gain the salvation, according to some christians.

However, if your point is that it's just a person who accept's all the messengers upto Jesus, peace be upon him. Then their rejecting a noble messenger of Allaah Almighty, Muhammad (peace be upon him.) If they reject Allaah's messenger, don't you think that's going against Allaah?

Remember that Muhammad (peace be upon him) came to introduce new law's of Allaah, so if they reject the actual message recieved from Allaah, aren't they disobeying Him, Almighty?

If we believe that the Qur'an is from Allaah, and that the jews and christians have tampered with it, then what guidance do they actually have?

Zone Maker
10-17-2006, 10:41 PM
Can any body write down ayahs 79, 80 and 81 from sura Al-baqara please?

- Qatada -
10-17-2006, 10:49 PM
:salamext:

So woe to those who write the "scripture" with their own hands, then say, "This is from Allah ," in order to exchange it for a small price. Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they earn. [2:79]

And they say, "Never will the Fire touch us, except for a few days." Say, "Have you taken a covenant with Allah ? For Allah will never break His covenant. Or do you say about Allah that which you do not know?" [2:80]

Yes, whoever earns evil and his sin has encompassed him - those are the companions of the Fire; they will abide therein eternally.
[2:81]

http://quranicrealm.com/viewverses.php?q=2&langs=264

:)

Zone Maker
10-17-2006, 11:27 PM
Thanks Fi_sabilillah.
I just want to high light this ayah which is my opinion about the subject of the thread:

Yes, whoever earns evil and his sin has encompassed him - those are the companions of the Fire; they will abide therein eternally. [2:81]
As you can see I disagree with most of the posts regarding Muslims (don’t hate me for this).

Who knows I might be wrong though (ALLAH A3lam).

Any way we agree that ALLAH will do what he want on the day of judgment but we must not lose hope in ALLAH's mercy.

A wise man once said: (I want, you want and ALLAH does what he wants).

Mohsin
10-21-2006, 10:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
A person who doesn't believe in the trinity isn't counted as a christian, this is the reason why anyone who doesn't believe in the "sacrifice of Jesus" doesn't gain the salvation, according to christians.

Bro u sure about that? as u are aware there are many sects in christianity, and several sects dont believe in Jesus PBUHs divinity, and some regard him as a messenger, like unitarians. They call themselves christians still, and are accepted by others as christians

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-21-2006, 11:14 PM
I read that those who do good in this life, who aren't Muslim, they will be rewarded in this life, but rejected in the hereafter. Is this correct?

scentsofjannah
10-27-2006, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
A person who doesn't believe in the trinity isn't counted as a christian, this is the reason why anyone who doesn't believe in the "sacrifice of Jesus" doesn't gain the salvation, according to christians.

However, if your point is that it's just a person who accept's all the messengers upto Jesus, peace be upon him. Then their rejecting a noble messenger of Allaah Almighty, Muhammad (peace be upon him.) If they reject Allaah's messenger, don't you think that's going against Allaah?

Remember that Muhammad (peace be upon him) came to introduce new law's of Allaah, so if they reject the actual message recieved from Allaah, aren't they disobeying Him, Almighty?

If we believe that the Qur'an is from Allaah, and that the jews and christians have tampered with it, then what guidance do they actually have?

If people who research Islam in the best way..ie reading the Qur'an and asking knowledgable people not any tom dick and harry etc..reject it..then yes they will be puniched..but seriously how many nonmuslims believers in God are there in the world..millions..can you say ALL of them or even majority of them researched Islam..owned copies of the Qur'an THEN rejected it? obviously not...most people don't know about Islam..and we're not doing our duty of sharing our beautiful faith..and regading the trinity..this is immensely confusing to many christians..they can't understand it..so yes there are christians who just believe in God alone and do good deeds.

Samkurd
10-29-2006, 01:15 PM
I read in the quran the other day that it does not matter whether you are christian, jew or muslim, as long as you believe in Allah and be a good person you will be judged into heaven

Ghazi
10-29-2006, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samkurd
I read in the quran the other day that it does not matter whether you are christian, jew or muslim, as long as you believe in Allah and be a good person you will be judged into heaven

The Jews of Today arn't following Moses vise versa the Christians today arn't following Isa so they're worship is null and void, even if the torah and injeel wasn''t tampared with, it still wouldn't even be counted in the eyes of allah cause the jews and christians today would be following a prophet who wasn't sent to them.

Nawal89
10-31-2006, 04:52 PM
Believe in Allah and you're forgetting here, Believing that Muhammad peace be upon him is his slave and messenger. You cant just take one part of the Shahaadah and leave the next.

scentsofjannah
10-31-2006, 05:05 PM
true..

scentsofjannah
10-31-2006, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazi

The Jews of Today arn't following Moses vise versa the Christians today arn't following Isa so they're worship is null and void, even if the torah and injeel wasn''t tampared with, it still wouldn't even be counted in the eyes of allah cause the jews and christians today would be following a prophet who wasn't sent to them.
huh? im sorry but your post didnt make sense could you clarify?

- Qatada -
10-31-2006, 06:30 PM
How can a person believe in Allaah when they reject His messengers? If they reject His messengers, are they really believing in Allaah? How else can they actually know who Allaah is without these messengers?

More importantly, the majority of the world believes in a Creator, even the hindus do. The difference between islaam and any other religion is that islaam focuses on worshipping the Creator - Allaah alone without no associates.

Laa illaaha illAllaah means that 'there is none worthy of worship except Allaah' and therefore if a person says - "i believe in a Creator, who is Allaah" - that isn't sufficient because we have to believe that there is none worthy of worship besides Him, Allaah.

Someone might then say - "I believe that none is worthy of worship except Allaah" but doesn't do any action to show that. How can you believe that there is none worthy of worship besides Him if you're not obeying His commands, if you're putting your desires before the commandments of Allaah?

If a person really believes that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, they have to put it into practise. Obey His messengers, perform the prayers/salaah, obey His commandments. And if you disobey Him, then be quick to repent because He is the Most Merciful.

Islaam means submission, and a muslim is one who submits to the will of Allaah. We should show that through our actions, and apply islaam within our lives whole heartedly insha'Allaah.

O ye who believe! Enter into Islam whole-heartedly; and follow not the footsteps of the evil one; for he is to you an avowed enemy.

(Qur'an Surah Baqarah 2:208)

Mohsin
11-01-2006, 07:49 AM
Where in the qur'an did you read it "the other day"

format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazi

format_quote Originally Posted by scentsofjannah
huh? im sorry but your post didnt make sense could you clarify?
I'll try to clarify what Brother Ghazi was saying.
Moses PBUH came down with a ceryain law, from Allah. If you follow the same law that was sent down to Moses by Allah SWT and you don't know of Islam, then insha'allah it is fine. Same goes for christianity, if you follow the teachings of Jesus PBUH as was revealed to him over 2000 years ago, and you don't know of Islam, then again iA you are fine.

However, the messages these 2 prophets brought have been corrupted. The messages today, from an Islamic Perspective, are not the same as it was when God revealed it to the resective messengers. Thus Jews today who claim to be following the Torah, and Christians who claim to be foollowing Jesus' teachings are in actual fact not follwoing those teachings as they no longer exist in teir uncorrupted form, as they have been changed by humans, rabis priests etc, so that is what Ghazi meant by saying "following a Prophet that wasn't sent to them" as these priests and rabbis who have changed these revelations were not sent from Allah

Of course even if the messages were uncorrupted and intact as they were the day they were revealed, even then it would be compulsary to follwoing the teachings of the last and final messenger sent by Allah, prophet Muhammed PBUH.

------
11-01-2006, 08:12 AM

Can I just say some brothers have been giving really good responses Masha'Allah...keep it up!

north_malaysian
11-01-2006, 08:23 AM
"Lo! those who believe (in that which is revealed unto thee, Muhammad), and those who are Jews, and Christians, and Sabaeans whoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right surely their reward is with their Lord, and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve. (Al Qur'an:2:62)

"Lo! those who believe (this Revelation), and those who are Jews, and the Sabaeans and the Christians and the Magians and the idolaters. Lo! Allah will decide between them on the Day of Resurrection. Lo! Allah is Witness over all things" ( Al Qur'an:22:17)

I think, it's God to decide who goes to heaven and who is not. Even being a Muslim, is not a ticket that you'll go directly to heaven... It's upon God to decide and we are not God because we dont know what deep inside others' hearts...

syilla
11-01-2006, 08:29 AM
^^^yeah...i agree with the above post...

it depends on the Allah's mercy

even you did all the ibadah...but if you don't have Allah's mercy....you will never enter...

so everyone...lets work hard to seek for Allah's mercy

north_malaysian
11-01-2006, 08:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

even you did all the ibadah...but if you don't have 'rahmah/blessing'....you will never enter....
I agree.... suddenly I remembered a story about a Sheikh and a Jew told by my religious teacher....

Hundred of years ago there is a well known sheikh in Turkey who taught Islam to thousands of people in his village.. he was very knowledgable in Islam and well respected by the community.

When he was dying, he told his disciples and family that when he died, when they're bringing his body to the cemetery and pass by another group of people bringing another body to buried too... He asked them to swap his body with the other one.

Later he died... When they were carrying his body to the cemetery they passed by another group carrying a Jewish man body. So they swapped both bodies. Finally, the Sheikh was buried in accordance to Jewish rites and the JEws was buried in accordance to Muslim rites.

Later his disciples asked the Sheikh's son, why dont you object your father being buried as a Jew? The Sheikh's son shed tears saying that although his father was someone knowledgeable of Islam, he never believe in God. He taught those people for the sake of educating people not for the sake of God.

Then those disciples went to the Jewish family and ask why they dont object of the Jew being buried as Muslim. His family said that although he never converted to Islam. But he was very fond to Islam.

syilla
11-01-2006, 09:10 AM
A Worshipper and a Wrong Doer
By Mufti Md. Shahabuddin
“There were two men among Banu Israel who were striving for the same goal. One of them would commit sin and the other would exert himself in worship. The man who exerted himself in worship continued to see the other in sin. He said, “Refrain from it”. The other said, “leave me alone. Have you been sent to watch me?” He said; “I swear by Allah, Allah will not forgive, nor will He admit you in paradise.” Then their souls were taken back (by Allah) and they met together with the Lord of the worlds. He (Allah asked the man who had striven hard in worship; “Had you knowledge about me or had you power over that which I had in my hand?” He commanded the man who sinned. “Go and enter paradise by my mercy.” He commanded about the other “Take him to Hell.” Abu Hurairah said: By him in whose hand is my soul, he spoke a word by which this world and the next world of his were destroyed.” (Abu Dawood: 2/671-72)

Moral of the Story
This story indicates that we should guard our tongue, specially in the matters which relate to Allah. Hazrat Abu Hurairah narrated that the Prophet (Pbuh) said: “A slave (of Allah) may utter a word which pleases Allah without giving it much importance and because of that Allah will raise him or reward him to a degree beyond one’s imagination. A slave (of Allah) may utter a word (carelessly) which displeases him without thinking of its gravity and because of that he will be thrown into the Hell fire.” (Bukhari: 2/959)

We also learn from this story that to taunt or disdain any Muslim is not allowed. Moreover, cursing others is not forbidden only in cases which concern Muslims, instead of it, we have to avoid cursing anyone whether he may be a Muslim or a non-Muslim, regardless of his colour and race. A great Islamic scholar Allama Nawavi has written throwing light upon the above subject; Ulema agree with the fact that cursing is forbidden. The Arabic word ‘la-ana’ means to keep or drive away some one from the blessings of Allah. Therefore, it is very bad to curse any human being without knowing the realities. Because of this, Ulema say that it is not only prohibited to curse a man in particular, either he may be a believer or an unbeliever, but also cursing animals is forbidden. It is to be kept in mind, however, that cursing those people who have proved execrable by the holy Qur’an and Hadith is allowed, as such; pharaoh, Abu-Lahab, Abu-Jehal etc. It is worthy to be mentioned that cursing others for his vicious acts and habits, without specifying the name, is permitted, as the Prophet (Pbuh) cursed those who take the price of blood and the price of dog, and he (Pbuh) also cursed a usurer, the one who gives usury, the woman who practises tattooing and the woman who gets herself tattooed. (Shar-hu-Muslim)

The story also reveals that if Allah wants to forgive anyone without plenty of good deeds, He could. No one could enter heaven despite virtuous deeds except by the mercy of Allah. The Prophet (Pbuh) said; No one could enter the heavens because of good deeds. The companions asked whether the Prophet (Pbuh) too. The Prophet (Pbuh) answered that he too would not be allowed. But Allah has covered him by his mercy and favour. (Bukhari 2/847)

But this does not mean that a man should give up deeds which please Allah, keeping in view, the above Hadith. Furthermore, Allah made some laws and principles to acquire his mercy, as well as legislated many rules in order to recognise his anger and displeasure. Good deeds are means of asking Allah’s favour, whereas, evil acts cause his rage. Therefore, Allah’s mercy showers upon him who pursues the right path. Qur’an, the holy book, says:

“My mercy extended to all things that (mercy) I shall ordain for those who do right and pay zakat and those who believe in our signs.” (Qur’an: 7/150)

source

north_malaysian
11-01-2006, 09:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
A Worshipper and a Wrong Doer
By Mufti Md. Shahabuddin
“There were two men among Banu Israel who were striving for the same goal. One of them would commit sin and the other would exert himself in worship. The man who exerted himself in worship continued to see the other in sin. He said, “Refrain from it”. The other said, “leave me alone. Have you been sent to watch me?” He said; “I swear by Allah, Allah will not forgive, nor will He admit you in paradise.” Then their souls were taken back (by Allah) and they met together with the Lord of the worlds. He (Allah asked the man who had striven hard in worship; “Had you knowledge about me or had you power over that which I had in my hand?” He commanded the man who sinned. “Go and enter paradise by my mercy.” He commanded about the other “Take him to Hell.” Abu Hurairah said: By him in whose hand is my soul, he spoke a word by which this world and the next world of his were destroyed.” (Abu Dawood: 2/671-72)

Moral of the Story
This story indicates that we should guard our tongue, specially in the matters which relate to Allah. Hazrat Abu Hurairah narrated that the Prophet (Pbuh) said: “A slave (of Allah) may utter a word which pleases Allah without giving it much importance and because of that Allah will raise him or reward him to a degree beyond one’s imagination. A slave (of Allah) may utter a word (carelessly) which displeases him without thinking of its gravity and because of that he will be thrown into the Hell fire.” (Bukhari: 2/959)

We also learn from this story that to taunt or disdain any Muslim is not allowed. Moreover, cursing others is not forbidden only in cases which concern Muslims, instead of it, we have to avoid cursing anyone whether he may be a Muslim or a non-Muslim, regardless of his colour and race. A great Islamic scholar Allama Nawavi has written throwing light upon the above subject; Ulema agree with the fact that cursing is forbidden. The Arabic word ‘la-ana’ means to keep or drive away some one from the blessings of Allah. Therefore, it is very bad to curse any human being without knowing the realities. Because of this, Ulema say that it is not only prohibited to curse a man in particular, either he may be a believer or an unbeliever, but also cursing animals is forbidden. It is to be kept in mind, however, that cursing those people who have proved execrable by the holy Qur’an and Hadith is allowed, as such; pharaoh, Abu-Lahab, Abu-Jehal etc. It is worthy to be mentioned that cursing others for his vicious acts and habits, without specifying the name, is permitted, as the Prophet (Pbuh) cursed those who take the price of blood and the price of dog, and he (Pbuh) also cursed a usurer, the one who gives usury, the woman who practises tattooing and the woman who gets herself tattooed. (Shar-hu-Muslim)

The story also reveals that if Allah wants to forgive anyone without plenty of good deeds, He could. No one could enter heaven despite virtuous deeds except by the mercy of Allah. The Prophet (Pbuh) said; No one could enter the heavens because of good deeds. The companions asked whether the Prophet (Pbuh) too. The Prophet (Pbuh) answered that he too would not be allowed. But Allah has covered him by his mercy and favour. (Bukhari 2/847)

But this does not mean that a man should give up deeds which please Allah, keeping in view, the above Hadith. Furthermore, Allah made some laws and principles to acquire his mercy, as well as legislated many rules in order to recognise his anger and displeasure. Good deeds are means of asking Allah’s favour, whereas, evil acts cause his rage. Therefore, Allah’s mercy showers upon him who pursues the right path. Qur’an, the holy book, says:

“My mercy extended to all things that (mercy) I shall ordain for those who do right and pay zakat and those who believe in our signs.” (Qur’an: 7/150)

source

I want to give you reps ... but they ask me to spread it to others....:okay:

InToTheRain
11-01-2006, 10:46 AM

Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported:
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: When Allah created the creation He put down in his Book, which is with Him upon the Throne: Verily, My mercy predominates My wrath.

Hadith number in Sahih Muslim

I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Allah made mercy in one hundred parts and He retained with Him ninety-nine parts, and He has sent down upon the earth one part, and it is because of this one part that there is mutual love among the creation so much so that the animal lifts up its hoof from its young one, fearing that it might hurt it.

Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: A man, who had never done any good deed, asked the members of his family to burn his dead body when he would die and to scatter half of its ashes over the land and the other half in the ocean. By Allah, if Allah finds him in His grip, He would torment him with a torment with which He did not afflict anyone among the people of the world; and when the man died, it was done to him as he had commanded (his family) to do. Allah commanded the land to collect (the ashes scattered on it) and the ocean to collect (ashes) contained in it. When Allah questioned him why he had done that, he said: My Lord, it is out of fear of You that I have done it and You are well aware of it, and Allah granted him pardon.

Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri, may Allah be pleased with him, reported:
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said that a person among the earlier nations before you was conferred property and children by Allah. He said to his children: You must do as I command you to do, otherwise I will make others besides you as my inheritors. As I die, burn my body and blow my ashes in the wind as I do not find any merit of mine which would please Allah, and if Allah were to take hold of me, He would punish me. He took a pledge from them and they did as he commanded them to do. Allah said: What prompted you to do this? He said: My Lord, Your fear, and Allah did not punish him at all.

Regarding who will enter heaven Allah(SWT) knows best, he alone knows whats in our mind and heart/soul. From my undertanding the least requirement for entering heaven is that the person fears his accountability to the one true God.

I also read a hadith in which Mohammad(SAW) said something along these lines Insha'Allah:
A person would think there is no way they would go to hell if they knew the mercy of Allah(SWT) and the same person would also think they have no chance in entering heaven if they knew the wrath of Allah(SWT).

Hadith below also mentions arch angel Gibrael(AS) comments on entering heaven and hell:

Mohammad(SAW) said "When Allah created paradise, He sent Gabriel to it and said: "look at it and the pleasures I have prepared for the people in it". So, he came to paradise and looked at what Allah has prepared for the people in it. He then returned to him and said "I swear by your grandeur that it is quite easy for anyone who has heard of paradise, to indulge in it". Then Allah ordered that paradise would have been sarrounded with adversities and said to Gabriel: "Go back and look at it and what I have prepared for its people".
He went back to it and found that it had been sarrounded with adversities. He then returned to Allah and said: "I swear by your granduer that I am afraid that no man will enter it". Then Allah(SWT) said to Gabriel: "Go to hell and look at it and the tortures I have prepared to its people". He did and found that it has been extremely horrble. He then returned to him and said: "I swear by your honor that I am afraid that those who have heard about it will escape it". Then Allah(SWT) ordered the hell would be sarrounded with desires and said to Gabriel: "Go back to it". He did and said:" I swear by your honor I am afraid that no man will escape it" - Abu Issa, At-Termizi said this hadith is Sahih (Hadith Hassan)

north_malaysian
11-02-2006, 03:54 AM
thanks for the authorities given.

LUVAR
11-08-2006, 03:49 PM
yap u going hellfire if you reject Allah and His messenger. How do you expect Allah to admit you into His jannat when you don't even acknowledge Him.:uuh: :rant:

justahumane
11-10-2006, 02:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LUVAR
yap u going hellfire if you reject Allah and His messenger. How do you expect Allah to admit you into His jannat when you don't even acknowledge Him.:uuh: :rant:

Fair enough, but do u really feel that path to jannah is so easy? just say that U believe in ALLAH and his messenger? And enjoy jannah till eternity?

- Qatada -
11-10-2006, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by justahumane
Fair enough, but do u really feel that path to jannah is so easy? just say that U believe in ALLAH and his messenger? And enjoy jannah till eternity?

If we truely believe in Allaah and His messenger (peace be upon him) - that means that we will obey them. How can a person believe in Allaah yet not fear His punishment? Or how can a person fear Allah so much that he fears to turn back to Him, the Most Merciful Allaah?

How can a person truely believe that Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the messenger of Allaah, yet this person doesn't obey the message which he has brought.

This religion is a religion of action, and those actions depend on our intentions.

Allaah Almighty know's best.

Mohsin
11-11-2006, 12:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by justahumane
Further tyo what bro Fi_sab has said, you can't just talm the talk, you also have to practise it. Surah Asr says:

By Al-'Asr (the time).
Verily! Man is in loss,
Except those who believe (in Islâmic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth (i.e. order one another to perform all kinds of good deeds (Al-Ma'which Allâh has ordained, and abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds (Al-Munkar which Allâh has forbidden), and recommend one another to patience
so you cant just "believe", you also have to be a good muslim

SirZubair
11-11-2006, 12:40 PM
ive heard about hypocrites going to hell.

Whats the islamic definition for a hypocrite.
From my pov, most muslims thes days including myself can be deemed as hypocrites as we pay lip service to islam without following what it commands to the full.
Also are the hypocrites worser than the disbelievers, cause the hypocrites have received the truth and just cant be bothered and turn away.
So, will the hypocrites get a greater punishment?
A hypocrite is one who utters the oneness of Allah with his tongue, but doesn't accept it with his heart.

H@fiz Aziz
11-27-2006, 03:48 AM
yes but some muslim u can not judge if the go to hell because allah can forgive them right on the spot

salam forgive ur brothers and sisters tonight salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.