/* */

PDA

View Full Version : should i put NOI in my Famous Muslims Project?

sartajc
10-09-2006, 10:24 PM
see this thread: http://www.islamicboard.com/campaign...s-muslims.html

I dont have any Nation of Islam in my site yet, however, many people are telling my not to add any cause of their believes. Here is there beliefs i got from wikipedia. So i need your opinion. Are they Muslim? If they are, they will be added to the site.

1. WE BELIEVE In the One God whose proper Name is Allah.
2. WE BELIEVE in the Holy Qur'an and in the Scriptures of all the Prophets of God.
3. WE BELIEVE in the truth of the Bible, but we believe that it has been tampered with and must be reinterpreted so that mankind will not be snared by the falsehoods that have been added to it.
4. WE BELIEVE in Allah's Prophets and the Scriptures they brought to the people.
5. WE BELIEVE in the resurrection of the dead--not in physical resurrection--but in mental resurrection. We believe that the so-called Negroes are most in need of mental resurrection; therefore they will be resurrected first.
Furthermore, we believe we are the people of God's choice, as it has been written, that God would choose the rejected and the despised. We can find no other persons fitting this description in these last days more than the so-called Negroes in America. We believe in the resurrection of the righteous.
6. WE BELIEVE in the judgment; we believe this first judgment will take place as God revealed, in America.
7. WE BELIEVE this is the time in history for the separation of the so-called Negroes and the so-called white Americans. We believe the black man should be freed in name as well as in fact. By this we mean that he should be freed from the names imposed upon him by his former slave masters. Names which identified him as being the slave master's slave. We believe that if we are free indeed, we should go in our own people's names--the black people of the Earth.
8. WE BELIEVE in justice for all, whether in God or not; we believe as others, that we are due equal justice as human beings. We believe in equality--as a nation--of equals. We do not believe that we are equal with our slave masters in the status of "freed slaves."
We recognize and respect American citizens as independent peoples and we respect their laws which govern this nation.
9. WE BELIEVE that the offer of integration is hypocritical and is made by those who are trying to deceive the black peoples into believing that their 400-year-old open enemies of freedom, justice and equality are, all of a sudden, their "friends." Furthermore, we believe that such deception is intended to prevent black people from realizing that the time in history has arrived for the separation from the whites of this nation.
If the white people are truthful about their professed friendship toward the so-called Negro, they can prove it by dividing up America with their slaves.
We do not believe that America will ever be able to furnish enough jobs for her own millions of unemployed, in addition to jobs for the 20,000,000 black people as well.
10. WE BELIEVE that we who declare ourselves to be righteous Muslims, should not participate in wars which take the lives of humans. We do not believe this nation should force us to take part in such wars, for we have nothing to gain from it unless America agrees to give us the necessary territory wherein we may have something to fight for.
11. WE BELIEVE our women should be respected and protected as the women of other nationalities are respected and protected.
12. WE BELIEVE that Allah (God) appeared in the Person of Master W. Fard Muhammad, July, 1930; the long-awaited "Messiah" of the Christians and the "Mahdi" of the Muslims.

We believe further and lastly that Allah is God and besides HIM there is no god and He will bring about a universal government of peace wherein we all can live in peace together.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
10-09-2006, 11:13 PM
i don't think they are considered muslims because islam is for equality and they advocate separation of the races. also i don't think islam believes in resurrection of any kind.
but mainly, i thought they regard elijah muhammad as a prophet, tho this article doesn't mention that - i don't really understand #12 below. but this alone would place them firmly outside islam.
but why i am i answering this - i'm not muslim! big mouthitis, lol

جوري
10-09-2006, 11:18 PM
agree with snake.... he is a pro at this by now..... pls be careful of all those who label themselves Muslim but aren't...... they mislead people and wreak havoc with their half baked understanding, possible set us back not forth... if you are going to include them... you should sa something along the lines of why they aren't considered Muslims.....
some sects to watch out for.....
bah'i
ismael'i
ahmedi
etc etc....... as they say of WBC in an infection (too numerous to count) 90% of Muslims are sunnis the rest everything else including shiites..... I am not here to put their sects down but I don't believe they follow the sunni path... which I and the majority of Muslims agree to be the correct path....
wallah A3lam
"fawq kol zhi 3ilmin 3aleem"
fi aman illah

Anonymous.92
10-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Don't include NOI. Although they claim to be mslims they most definitely are not. This is also from wikipedia:
Other qualities of the NOI are disputed, however:

God's incarnation
NOI teaches that "llah (God) appeared in the Person of Master W. Fard Muhammad, July, 1930; the long-awaited Messiah of the Christians and the Mahdi of the Muslims.
Orthodox Sunni and Shi'a Muslim doctrine is that Islam teaches that it is heretical and blasphemous to believe that God would manifest Himself in human form (or any material form).
Resurrection of the dead
NOI teaches the resurrection of the dead—not in physical resurrection—but in mental resurrection. They believe that the Black man and woman of America are most in need of mental resurrection; therefore they will be resurrected first.[citation needed]
Traditional Sunni and Shi'a Muslim doctrine is that Islam teaches that there will literally be a physical resurrection of the billions of physically dead people worldwide, and that resurrected souls (or bodies) will be sent to paradise or hell.
Relations with Caucasians
NOI teaches that the Blackman is the original man and from him came all brown, yellow, red, and white people. By using a special method of birth control law, the Blackman was able to produce the white race. This method of birth control was developed by a Black scientist known as Yakub, who envisioned making and teaching a nation of people who would be diametrically opposed to the Original People. A Race of people who would one day rule the original (black, red, brown, yellow) people and the earth for a period of 6,000 years. Yakub promised his followers that he would graft a nation from his own people, and he would teach them how to rule his people, through a system of tricks and lies whereby they use deceit to divide and conquer, and break the unity of the darker people, put one brother against another, and then act as mediators and rule both sides. (Elijah Muhammad, Message to the Blackman in America, Muhammad's Temple No. 2, 1965 & Dorothy Blake Fardan, Yakub and the Origins of White Supremacy, Lushena Books, 2001)

Do these people seem like muslims to you?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
UmmSqueakster
10-10-2006, 03:19 PM
No. However, do include those who started out in the nation and then later embraced Islam, like Malcom X and Imam WD Muhammad.

Muezzin
10-10-2006, 03:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Janaan
No. However, do include those who started out in the nation and then later embraced Islam, like Malcom X and Imam WD Muhammad.
I agree.

The Nation of Islam itself has deviated from the teachings of Islam too much, and has instead become about black supremacy. Supremacy of any race is just... anathema in Islam, as people of all ethnicities and nationalities are equal.

Keltoi
10-10-2006, 06:04 PM
I've often wondered about this issue. I couldn't understand why they call themselves Muslims but also believe that W. Fard Muhammed is a prophet and is the Messiah of the Christians and the Mahdi of the Muslims. From what I gather they are not considered truly Muslim by most practicing Muslims.

Woodrow
10-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Although the NOI consider themselves to be Muslim and they are the common view of a "Modern" Muslim by many non-Muslims. The question is do they say the Shahadah. If so then they are Muslim, however I doubt we could call them "good" examples of Islam for that reason.

I would say they should not be included unless it is known that they have denounced the false beliefs and now practice or at least do their best to practice Islam.

snakelegs
10-10-2006, 06:45 PM
yes - include malcom x for sure because he left NOI and became muslim.
does anyone know about muhammad ali?? - i think he also became muslim but i'm not positive. if he did, i would include him for sure.

Far7an
10-10-2006, 06:48 PM
Yes, Muhammed Ali also left the Nation of Islam.

sartajc
10-11-2006, 02:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
some sects to watch out for.....
bah'i
ismael'i
ahmedi
wow...those are shias. i cant ignore shias. even if people dont think they are Muslim, leaving them out is a horrible idea.

sartajc
10-11-2006, 02:39 AM
Ice Cube and Mike Tyson are Nation of Islam. so i shouldnt include them?

جوري
10-11-2006, 02:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sartajc
wow...those are shias. i cant ignore shias. even if people dont think they are Muslim, leaving them out is a horrible idea.
even shiites are divided amongst themslves... some are very much like sunnis... I knew a couple from Lebanon... and some are just far out... I mean honest truth to God far out!......... I don't think it is good to innovate... I can't for the life of me understand why the treasures of what is obvious aren't good enough that people have to make up fairy tales on the side?
I mean it is ok when you are a teenager and trying to find yourself... but when you do... hang on to that and become really good at it.....
my two cents anyhow
:w:

Zulkiflim
10-11-2006, 07:01 AM
Salaam,

12. WE BELIEVE that Allah (God) appeared in the Person of Master W. Fard Muhammad, July, 1930; the long-awaited "Messiah" of the Christians and the "Mahdi" of the Muslims.
It seems brother that you have forgotten the word

THERE IS NO GOD BUT ALLAH AND MUHAMMAD SAW IS HIS PROPHET

That is the shahadah,a simple statement but profound.
So pls NOI is not Islam,they are amn amde and their god is amn and their race is for negroes.

Zone Maker
10-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Strange:? I always thought that Nation of Islam was an organization not a sect.
Anyway I agree that there believes are un Islamic.

sartajc
10-12-2006, 01:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

It seems brother that you have forgotten the word

THERE IS NO GOD BUT ALLAH AND MUHAMMAD SAW IS HIS PROPHET

That is the shahadah,a simple statement but profound.
So pls NOI is not Islam,they are amn amde and their god is amn and their race is for negroes.
ehhh... look at there first 2 commandmants:

1. WE BELIEVE In the One God whose proper Name is Allah.
2. WE BELIEVE in the Holy Qur'an and in the Scriptures of all the Prophets of God.
so they do say the shahadah. so would it be right to leave them out?

Woodrow
10-13-2006, 01:37 PM

If they truly have said and mean the Shahadah, then perhaps we do need to consider them as being Muslim. But other factors need to be taken into account.

Are they PRACTICING Muslims or following a misguided teaching and not practicing Islam as Muslims?

Your project is about famous Muslims. Perhaps it may be necessary to clarify what is meant by famous. Is that to include the infamous? Is it to include famous Muslims that do not set a good example of practicing Islam?

Perhaps you may want to narrow the scope of your project to famous Muslims who clearly exhibit good practices of Islam.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-13-2006, 01:43 PM
:sl:

The name more fitting for them is Nation of Kufr. They belive in elijah mohammad as a messenger of Allah. Any person that believes that the Prophet Muhammad was not the last messenger is commiting Kufr.

http://allaahuakbar.net/nation/natio...on_of_kufr.htm

Also, please see brother Khaldun's and brother Ansar's post here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/3586-post4.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/34768-post5.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/1980-post2.html

Zulkiflim
10-13-2006, 05:50 PM

Salaam,

May i ask,when you say you are a muslim and follow Islamic commands,,,do you choose which commands you liek and which you dislike?

If you are a muslim then take Islam as the entire parcel.

No muslim is allowed to say man is Allah.

Even if one commandment is out of tune with the Quran then they are not muslim.

Shocking to even ask this

*noor
10-15-2006, 03:07 PM
no way!!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.