/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Molly's mother banned Islam prayers

sonz
10-10-2006, 07:55 PM
The 12-year-old Scottish girl at the centre of an international custody battle has told a Pakistan court that her mother refused to allow her to perform Muslim prayers, and forced her to eat un-Islamic food.

The custody battle over Molly Campbell, also called Misbah Iram Ahmed Rana, has drawn international attention since August when the 12-year-old arrived in Pakistan's eastern city of Lahore from Scotland with her Pakistani father and elder sister.

Scottish police have said the case could amount to a violation of the Child Abduction Act, although Molly has publicly said she left of her own free will, and wanted to live with her father whose Islamic culture in Pakistan, she said, suited her better.

http://icwestlothian.icnetwork.co.uk...name_page.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
rania2820
10-10-2006, 08:01 PM
if her mother would have let her practice her religion.her daughter would probably still be with her.i think this is one of the problems when Muslim men marry non-muslims.because if they get divorced usually the mother will have custody.and mother usually will want the child to practice her religion not Islam. and mashallah this girl wants to practice her deen.may allah keep her on the right path to paradise.

mohammed farah
10-10-2006, 08:04 PM
her mother was muslim but went back to christianity, theres a pic of the mother with the husband in mecca

Muezzin
10-10-2006, 08:08 PM
I would be impressed if this particular headline hit any of the mainstream British publications. Heck, I'd even be happy if the Metro reported it. To me, if the mainstream press does decide to report it, it will indicate a balanced approach to current affairs as the media has shown an interest in this case in the past - though, predictably, the majority of reporters rolled out their stock 'evils of forced marriages' articles as soon as they heard the grandmother's unsabstantiated (and false) allegations.

If on the other hand none of the mainstream papers or news channels reports it, it would indicate a bias to me (though admittedly, this tricky business with North Korea eats up a lot of airtime)

So, did anyone buy the paper today? :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zulkiflim
10-11-2006, 06:56 AM
Salaam,

Very sad news,but can you just imagine how the western law works,and to whose advantage?
Even knowing the dulicitious nature of the grandmother and her lies,she is still beleived against the wishes of the child and father.

May Allah strenghten her Iman and grant her patience,and may those who seek her away from Islam be punihsed in this world and the next.

Muezzin
10-11-2006, 07:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

Very sad news,but can you just imagine how the western law works,and to whose advantage?
Eh? The case is being heard in Pakistan. And because this particular case has so much attention from (at least) the British press, I think it is less susceptible to the usual corruption that Pakistani trials are notorious for.

Snowflake
10-11-2006, 08:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rania2820
if her mother would have let her practice her religion.her daughter would probably still be with her.i think this is one of the problems when Muslim men marry non-muslims.because if they get divorced usually the mother will have custody.and mother usually will want the child to practice her religion not Islam. and mashallah this girl wants to practice her deen.may allah keep her on the right path to paradise.
This is why I do not believe muslims are allowed to marry christians or jews, except for those who believe in the Quran and Prophet (PBUH). Before I am honoured with Quranic verses, stating such marriages are permissable, I'll point out that these days 'People of the Book' have no book, do not follow a Book as it was revealed. Their beliefs oppose that of muslims.

If they had believed in what was revealed to them, then they'd have no problem with Islam. And such marriages could've worked out. Or in the case of Misbah (Molly), her mother would not have prevented her from practicing Islam.

I think this case is a prime example that defines todays people of the Book as enemies of Allah. Surely Allah does not allow muslim to marry His enemies.

format_quote Originally Posted by mohammed farah
her mother was muslim but went back to christianity, theres a pic of the mother with the husband in mecca
She might have reverted only to marry Misbah's father and not because of her belief in Islam. As is the case with many such marriages.

:sl:

Durrah
10-11-2006, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
She might have reverted only to marry Misbah's father and not because of her belief in Islam. As is the case with many such marriages.

Well she was a muslim for 10 years+ and i dont think she would have stayed a muslim for that length of time and not believe in it.

I agree with your general thoughts though. I've known many kids whose father is muslim and mother is 'christian', although she's really agnostic or athesit. Never were anyone of the ones i've known were practising chrisitains like sis Glo or Doodlebug (prior reverting to islam) and the children from those marriages knew nothing about islam and didnt practise. At the end of the day, its better foremost that a brother seeks to marry a pracisting muslim sister (note: practising, not any old 'muslim') because its not just his future that he should think about, but his childrens also as he will be questioned on them on the day of jugdement. If he doesnt, then a practising christain or jewish woman who's belief are that of the jews and christains before us. I dont know about jews, but the only christains that fit into that caterory are 'Unitarians' who believe that jesus a.s was only a messenger and not god/son of god etc. Most of the other christain groups, their beliefs fall into shirk as they worship jesus a.s as god or someone like god.

Bittersteel
10-11-2006, 02:59 PM
why didn't she go to the police then?

Janissary
10-11-2006, 04:12 PM
If her mother refuses to respect her religion, that alone should be proof of her unsuitability to get the custody.

If it was a matter of two parents living in the Western world, practicing different variants of Christianity, the mother's disrespect against the child's religion would decide the court case in the father's favour, hands down. Though, with the all-too-prevalent infidel hubris about the superiority of their society and "Western culture" (whatever that might mean), I wouldn't be surprised at all if Western authorities will make sure the mother will win this, on the unspoken premise that "the child is better off with us than them".

Snowflake
10-15-2006, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Durrah

Well she was a muslim for 10 years+ and i dont think she would have stayed a muslim for that length of time and not believe in it.
If she had believed she wouldn't be an ex muslim.

Can I say ex muslim? lol :?

wilberhum
10-16-2006, 10:47 PM
If her mother refuses to respect her religion, that alone should be proof of her unsuitability to get the custody.
It is her mother's responsibility to do what she thinks if best for her child. Age 12 does not override a mother's responsibility.

I wonder if your reaction would be the same if it was a Muslim mother not allowing her child to practice Judaism?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-16-2006, 11:03 PM
What "she" thinks is "right" doesnt mean "it is" right. It's the persons own decision to choose the path they want to follow. Even if it was a Muslim wanting to practice Christianity, thats between the person and God.

wilberhum
10-16-2006, 11:30 PM
What "she" thinks is "right" doesnt mean "it is" right.
But in the end, she is Mom and it is her responsibility.
the persons own decision to choose the path they want to follow.
Not at 12.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-16-2006, 11:41 PM
If she wants to follow her fathers religion, its not her problem. I knew people round that age who chose and parents did not care or say nethin. So it really isnt for her to choose the religion for her daughter. If she doesnt want to practice thats her problem. She was Muslim for so long as her daughter was growing then changed and now shes stopping her daughter? That isnt right.

wilberhum
10-17-2006, 05:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
If she wants to follow her fathers religion, its not her problem. I knew people round that age who chose and parents did not care or say nethin. So it really isnt for her to choose the religion for her daughter. If she doesnt want to practice thats her problem. She was Muslim for so long as her daughter was growing then changed and now shes stopping her daughter? That isnt right.
Oh what a bad “bad Momma”. Ya, sure!
A mother has no right to raise a child as she thinks is right. :hiding: :hiding:

Also, I think that it is quite naive to think this is a single issue situation.
Divorce is one of the most traumatic things that can happen, especially to a child.
I sure that if this was the only problem between mother and daughter, they could have worked it out. My guess it this is just one of many complex issues they were dealing with. I say “guess” because we have, at best, 1% of the information to make a true judgment.

I think it is discussing to condemn and call the mother unfit when we have so little knowledge. But then that’s just me.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-17-2006, 05:35 PM
Right back at you buddy :okay:

wilberhum
10-17-2006, 05:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
Right back at you buddy :okay:
Is that your intellegant thought of the day? :giggling: :giggling: :giggling:

PS That wasn’t very intelligent of me. :hiding: :hiding:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-17-2006, 05:43 PM
Lol who said i was being serious ;D
You seem like your on crack loooolzz :D
im kidding.....:)

Muezzin
10-17-2006, 09:41 PM
People, if you're going to participate in some sort of weirdly comic rapport, do have the decency to learn how to spell correctly.

With my daily patronising elitist jab out of the way, let's not stray from the topic.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-17-2006, 10:11 PM
umm who is spelling incorrectly?

Muezzin
10-18-2006, 09:52 AM
Both of you, to put it bluntly. So stop it and if you wish to post in this thread, kindly discuss the matter at hand please.

Janissary
11-04-2006, 12:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
It is her mother's responsibility to do what she thinks if best for her child. Age 12 does not override a mother's responsibility.

I wonder if your reaction would be the same if it was a Muslim mother not allowing her child to practice Judaism?
Yes, the same. Any more questions?

A mother who thinks that suppressing the religion of a child is best for the child, is definitely unaware of what is best for a child.

I'm happy she fled to Pakistan. Many Western jurisdictions are notoriously pro-mother in custody matters. Usually it takes a crack-smoking mother to lose a custody case.

Umar001
11-04-2006, 12:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
This is why I do not believe muslims are allowed to marry christians or jews, except for those who believe in the Quran and Prophet (PBUH). Before I am honoured with Quranic verses, stating such marriages are permissable, I'll point out that these days 'People of the Book' have no book, do not follow a Book as it was revealed. Their beliefs oppose that of muslims.

If they had believed in what was revealed to them, then they'd have no problem with Islam. And such marriages could've worked out. Or in the case of Misbah (Molly), her mother would not have prevented her from practicing Islam.

Assalamu aleykum Wa rhametulah Sis.

I don't get the point Sister, Christians at the time of the Prophet, peace be upon him, were saying bad things about Allah and Jesus, Jews were hiding parts of their scripture, yet back then we still were allowed to eat their food and marry their ladies, so why not now? You said 'except for those who believe in the Quran and Prophet (PBUH).' If they did that they would be Muslim Sister.

:) Eesa.

AbdulHassanAmir
11-04-2006, 12:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Janissary
Yes, the same. Any more questions?

A mother who thinks that suppressing the religion of a child is best for the child, is definitely unaware of what is best for a child.

I'm happy she fled to Pakistan. Many Western jurisdictions are notoriously pro-mother in custody matters. Usually it takes a crack-smoking mother to lose a custody case.
And in most cases it goes to the state instead of the husband!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.