/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The most horrible experience eva!!

*Somali-chick*
06-19-2005, 12:45 AM
:sl: :brother: s and :sister: s

OK, I was on the train rite? on my way home from school, I was sittin with a friend of mine minding our own business (talking about assignments and stuff) when all of a sudden this lady comes up to us and says "TAKE OFF YOUR SCARVES" in this really angry tone :omg: :omg: me and my friend just sat there not knowing what to do...at first i was thinking of kinda being "rude" to her as well but i just stayed quite coz i didn't want to give islam a bad name and all. When she said this, she was actually getting of the bus, after saying that and she got of the bus...she gave us the rude finger :eek: that was soo unbelieveable wallahi :omg:

We haven't done anything to her but yet she comes to us and acts rude, the weird thing is she was probably around her 50s or 60s, ufff and i thought people around that age were smart or something :'(

oh well, alhamdulilah

did this sort of thing happen to any of you guys before?

BTW, I haven't been to the forum for awhile, alhamdulilah I will be here often now :D i hope i didn't miss much

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nakisai
06-19-2005, 01:50 AM
:applaud: :applaud:

you should never retrun hate with hate always with love people in the age are to respected no matter what. where I'm from i get a funny look all the time but if you say hi the say hi amd than they feel :confused: because now they know that they was wrong. :muslimah: i live in between to two churches so you can only think about the things that are said but I will always respected them. because it not up to me to judge them. :wilted_ro

*Somali-chick*
06-19-2005, 03:01 AM
:sl:

very true sister, who knows maybe she might revert to Islam one day :)

If only people saw the beauty of Islam instead of the lies and misinformation the media shows :'(

JazakumuAllahi kayran sister :)

Khaldun
06-19-2005, 03:28 AM

I am sad to hear that sister like me once i had left the masjid after isha and was a victim of a "drive-by" (they threw eggs on me) however Alhamdulilah the eggs hit me and just slid down to the ground thanks to me smooth jubba i was wearing but it felt kinda humiliating but then i just said to myself dont worry khaldun they dont know what they are doing....fools

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ammar
06-19-2005, 05:03 AM
disappointing stories. weldone both of you

*Somali-chick*
06-19-2005, 06:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

I am sad to hear that sister like me once i had left the masjid after isha and was a victim of a "drive-by" (they threw eggs on me) however Alhamdulilah the eggs hit me and just slid down to the ground thanks to me smooth jubba i was wearing but it felt kinda humiliating but then i just said to myself dont worry khaldun they dont know what they are doing....fools
:w:

Ina lilahi wa ina lilahi rajicuun :omg:

that's sooo sad wallahi brother-worser than what happened to me and my friend, may Allah (swt) have mercy on our Umma and may He (swt) unite us all Amiin

jazakumAllahi kayran

Silver Pearl
06-19-2005, 06:27 AM
:w: warahmatullah wabarakatu,

Ina lilahi wa ina lilahi raji3un, I've never personally experinced such hate, though i'm surprised seeing as i used to live in an area where muslims were the minority (actually just my family).

Let they be the mockers now and we'll see how they spend their life in akhirah, surely they are ignorant so we must show them some respect even if they don't know the meaning of the word. We must never stoop to their level and let the shaytan make us utter something foul.

Surely the creator is our guidance and protector and that is enough alhamdulillah :)

Khaldun
06-19-2005, 03:36 PM

subhanAllah yes i remember that brother zAk soo sad wallahi but alhamdulilah that its all ok now.

Surely there was a party of My servants who said: O Our . Lord! we believe, so do Thou forgive us and have mercy on us, and Thou art the best of the Merciful ones.

But you took them for a mockery until they made you forget My remembrance and you used to laugh at them.

Surely I have rewarded them this day because they were patient, that they are the achievers.
surah muminuun

Muhammad
06-19-2005, 10:55 PM

Those are all very sad stories, may Allaah protect us Aameen!
I have witnessed a couple of "drive-by's", though not as bad as Khaldun's. There's been some "walk-by's" too but nothing has been as bad as above Alhamdulillah.
Btw - you often get stares and things on trains especially, but what can you do? Just ignore really, unless you want to stare back...

Khattab
06-19-2005, 11:09 PM

And the servants of (Allah) Most Gracious are those who walk on the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say, "Peace!"

"To us our deeds, and to you yours; peace be to you: we seek not the ignorant."

I wonder what her face would have been like if you said this to her.

Ansar Al-'Adl
06-19-2005, 11:24 PM
I was just remembering that verse! You beat me to it, Br. Khattab.

solid_snake
06-20-2005, 12:35 AM
^^ where do you live? why were you getting the stares? just curious

I haven't experienced any of this things.

Nakisai
06-20-2005, 03:08 AM
were do you live ?

aamirsaab
06-20-2005, 11:24 AM
Those are some really sad stories. The fools who commited them will be punished. However, what i would like to mention is that sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire - don't let them walk over you. If someone did one of those actions to me, in the streets, i woulda smacked em out - the racist punks (I probably woulda got beaten up as well). If we do not stand up for ourselves, who will?

I'm not saying use brute force all the time, but when the time comes, USE IT!

Far7an
06-20-2005, 12:18 PM
Assalamu 'alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by Khattab

And the servants of (Allah) Most Gracious are those who walk on the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say, "Peace!"

"To us our deeds, and to you yours; peace be to you: we seek not the ignorant."
Subhanallah :'(

A friend of mine, once advised me ..

If you are in a situation, and you are not sure what to do...

Think what would Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu alahyi wasalam) do? :'(

He was without doubt the best of examples.

"Strange are the ways of a believer for there is good in every affair of his and this is not the case with anyone else except in the case of a believer for if he has an occasion to feel delight he thanks [Allah], thus there is a good for him in it, and if he gets into trouble and shows resignation (and endures it patiently), there is good for him in it.
" (Reported by Muslim)

O Allah! We seek refuge in You from ruin and falling, from drowning and burning and from senility: We seek refuge in You from being bitten by venomous creatures. We seek refuge in You from greed, bad manners, bad actions, bad desires and bad desires. We seek refuge in You from the burden of debt, from being humbled by people and from ridicule of enemies.

A7med
06-20-2005, 07:24 PM
not a day passes without someone calling me TALIBAN, OSAMA BIN LADIN's son or terrorist :'( !!! just because i where an Amaamah most of the time

S_87
06-20-2005, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wAk

silly Surtis !!! :-\
:sl: :mad: :mad: :'( ;D ;D

been called bomber, and u know those old women..they just stare and say oh my ridiculus ;D

then once in wakefield someone tried to pull at my niqab..Alhumdulillah it dint come off though :'( turned around and theyd gone :omg:

anyway i dont care what people think or say :shade:

aamirsaab
06-20-2005, 09:38 PM
this is what i mean by fighting fire with fire. You can't just let these idiots start harrasing you. stand up for yourselves.

Ansar Al-'Adl
06-20-2005, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
this is what i mean by fighting fire with fire. You can't just let these idiots start harrasing you. stand up for yourselves.
:sl: By doing what?

Sure, I'm not against standing up for oneself, that is very important, but we need to recognize when it will accomplish something. If its only going to worsen the situation then have patience.

EDIT: example. Say someone calls you taliban or something like that, it might be useful to turn around and yell KKK or 'David Koresh' to make them think.

Pinkrose
06-21-2005, 12:56 AM

Subhanallah!!! :'( :'( :'( :'(

Verrrrrrrry Sad stories!!!

Don't worry brothers and sisters!! the day will come when we'll be the one's with the last laugh!!!

See we have Iman!!! They are fools!!!

If we fight back we will give a bad name!! Our prophet Muhammad(pbuh) did not fight back!!! He is our rolemodel!!! Let us show them the true meaning of Freedom and Peace!!! After all Islam means PEACE!! Don't be hurt by what the fools say or do to you!!!

I have not experienced any of this!! Although i went to school with skirts and the hijaab!!!! Sure they will stare but That never bothered me!!! I was proud to get recognized by my teachers and my Friends!! Most loved it!! I was the only muslim in the school!!! Alhamdulilah allah saved me from their evil ways!!! Now i have homeschool so things should be better now!!! :thumbs_up :D

Nakisai
06-21-2005, 01:22 AM
:sl: :applaud: :applaud:
nice words :w:

*Somali-chick*
06-21-2005, 06:06 AM

lol, easier said than done..i hate fights and don't like getting into one either. I would rather lecture them than fight with them ;D but seriously though, like a lot of the brothers and sisters said..it's better to be patient than making the situation worser and besides we went to show people Islam is a peaceful religion and not a religion of war or terrorism like most believe

jazakumAllah kayran :)

*Somali-chick*
06-21-2005, 06:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pinkrose

Subhanallah!!! :'( :'( :'( :'(

Verrrrrrrry Sad stories!!!

Don't worry brothers and sisters!! the day will come when we'll be the one's with the last laugh!!!

See we have Iman!!! They are fools!!!

If we fight back we will give a bad name!! Our prophet Muhammad(pbuh) did not fight back!!! He is our rolemodel!!! Let us show them the true meaning of Freedom and Peace!!! After all Islam means PEACE!! Don't be hurt by what the fools say or do to you!!!

I have not experienced any of this!! Although i went to school with skirts and the hijaab!!!! Sure they will stare but That never bothered me!!! I was proud to get recognized by my teachers and my Friends!! Most loved it!! I was the only muslim in the school!!! Alhamdulilah allah saved me from their evil ways!!! Now i have homeschool so things should be better now!!! :thumbs_up :D
:w: sister

MashAllah, that's great to hear sister :thumbs_up :thumbs_up i used to only wear the short hijab before, but now i started wearing the long...a lot of ppl give me the stare but Alhamdulillah i'm not the only muslim though...me and this other sister are the only ones who wear the long hijab, so it's good :)

aamirsaab
06-21-2005, 08:01 AM
I dont dsagree with any of the point you guys have made. All I meant was that sometimes you have to fight back. We are allowed to defend ourselves, so when the time comes, don't hesitate. I'm not saying pull out a sub machine gun and blow the kafir's brains out. I'm just saying that when the time comes don't be afraid to act on impulse.

I liked that KKK bit - good one. Only problem with that is the guy might actually BE a KKK and may retaliate causing much harm to others.

Umm Yoosuf
06-21-2005, 11:51 AM
Subhanallah!

Where I live you headly see any Muslim's. I get looks of horror and shock...and some the silly comments. I have been sweared at and mocked couple of times but Alhmdulilaah I don't take any notice ...this life..this dunya... is a paradise for the non-Muslims and they mock at us now BUT we will have the upper hand on the Day when we will all return to Allah.

Umm Yoosuf
06-21-2005, 11:55 AM
I know this friend of mind..whom wears the Niqaab....this guy was just staring at her for like hourssssssss......and his staring was not like any odd stare...he had his legs crossed and was very still...with his eyes wide open....just looking and looking....my friend couldn't take it...so she said "if you got something to say say!...otherwise STOP staring at me!"...hehehehe he never looked back again!

S_87
06-21-2005, 12:02 PM

;D ^^ well i have a load of kids saying hello to me to see my reaction or just gaping at me.. i smile ( then realise they cant see duhhhhh) then A--wave or B- say Hello

Pinkrose
06-21-2005, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *Somali-chick*
:w: sister

MashAllah, that's great to hear sister :thumbs_up :thumbs_up i used to only wear the short hijab before, but now i started wearing the long...a lot of ppl give me the stare but Alhamdulillah i'm not the only muslim though...me and this other sister are the only ones who wear the long hijab, so it's good :)

Jazaakalah sis!!

I used to wear the short ones to school too but now i'm starting to wear the long ones. Your lucky that you weren't the only one!! But even though i was the only one there wasn't that much pressure on me!! :D Alhamdulilah!!

Pinkrose
06-21-2005, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jannah
I know this friend of mind..whom wears the Niqaab....this guy was just staring at her for like hourssssssss......and his staring was not like any odd stare...he had his legs crossed and was very still...with his eyes wide open....just looking and looking....my friend couldn't take it...so she said "if you got something to say say!...otherwise STOP staring at me!"...hehehehe he never looked back again!

~lol~ sis!! :D

There was this one class that i had and everyday when i went to 5th hour there was this one guy who would just stare and stare everyday!! It really aggravated me!! When ever i turn around he would quickly look the other way!! :mad: :mad: It mad me soooooooo mad because i hate it when ppl stare at me!! Finally he asked why i have to wear it and i really didn't want to speak to him but i did!! I told him why and he seemed to understand!! He said something but i don't remeber and to my surprise it wasn't rude or mean!! The staring and everything stopped!! I was soooooooo relieved that i didn't have to deal with those horrible eyes anymore!!! ;D

sry if my story was too long!! :-[
That story you posted just reminded me of that!! :D

Muezzin
06-21-2005, 09:15 PM
If anyone chucked eggs at me I'd go 'Hey man, you forgot the cheese! How am I supposed to make an omlette?!'

Umm Yoosuf
06-22-2005, 10:02 AM

~lol~ sis!! :D

There was this one class that i had and everyday when i went to 5th hour there was this one guy who would just stare and stare everyday!! It really aggravated me!! When ever i turn around he would quickly look the other way!! :mad: :mad: It mad me soooooooo mad because i hate it when ppl stare at me!! Finally he asked why i have to wear it and i really didn't want to speak to him but i did!! I told him why and he seemed to understand!! He said something but i don't remeber and to my surprise it wasn't rude or mean!! The staring and everything stopped!! I was soooooooo relieved that i didn't have to deal with those horrible eyes anymore!!! ;D

sry if my story was too long!! :-[
That story you posted just reminded me of that!! :D

loq....hehehehe...good! Sometimes its better to ask them why they r looking at u? :p

Pinkrose
06-22-2005, 10:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jannah

loq....hehehehe...good! Sometimes its better to ask them why they r looking at u? :p

Yeah i know but in that class i was much more quiter and so was everyone else!!
I think that was the only class that i was so quite in!! I barely even raised my hand even though i knew the answers!! I think i was so quite because it was HISTORY!! Sometimes when ppl stare at me and it happens often and i want to say something to them the words come out way different then what i intended!! ;D Thats why i thought it would be better to keep my mouth shut!!! :zip: :D

Umm Yoosuf
06-22-2005, 10:37 AM
loq. Non-Muslim ask us SISTER (and some brother) "why we wear our Islamic dress?" and its not unusual question :p ...but has anybody ever returned the question to them?? :shade: :shade: :shade:

Insha Allah...i know I'll get someone coming up to me to questioning about my Hijab....Im in return going to ask...why they wear what they wear?! :thumbs_up :p

minaz
06-22-2005, 10:57 AM
Whenever I hear such stories like these I do feel sad. I've never came under any religous torment and in all honesty most of the hatred you guys and girls have experienced comes from shear racism rather than a religious basis. However I have experienced raicsm and like AamirSaab stated i reverted to "fighting fire with fire". Not that i decked the guy (which I had of done if i had a baseball bat), but used words back. For nothing is more humilating for the oppressor than using words back. You just have to look at the likes of MLK and Ghandi. So AamirSaab does have a valid point i feel.

Muezzin
06-22-2005, 01:49 PM
I have a dream!

That White Supremacists will stop throwing bricks through my window.

S_87
06-22-2005, 02:06 PM

i just went shopping and i was waiting to cross the road when a car went by and this guy shouted

its not halloween yet love ??? ??? ??? ;D

Pinkrose
06-22-2005, 06:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

i just went shopping and i was waiting to cross the road when a car went by and this guy shouted

its not halloween yet love ??? ??? ??? ;D

~lol~
sis r u seriouse?
They are definantly crazy!!
omg!!

Muezzin
06-22-2005, 07:10 PM
Similar thing happened to my aunt and mum when they went out in salwar kameez in Florida. :p We cracked up.

minaz
06-22-2005, 08:53 PM
Yeh that's very true Muezzin, rather than letting the idiots get away with their torment one shouldn't cry or feel down about it or you'll let them win

Pinkrose
06-22-2005, 08:56 PM

Very True!!

What they want to see is the muslims feeling depressed but thats something that we should never let em' see!! Its something they'll never see!! Inshallah!! :D

S_87
06-22-2005, 09:01 PM

~lol~
sis r u seriouse?
They are definantly crazy!!
omg!!

yup deadly serious happened today bout 1:30 :D

Woman Of Jihad
06-22-2005, 09:58 PM
I remember something similar that happen to me. Me and my mum were out shopping it was the day of so called 'Halloween'. And people were dressed up etc. One man was dressed as Osama Bin Laden right...I was minding my own business and suddenly he walks past me and shouts 'Oi Bin Ladens daughter'. I was :omg:

but with patience I stayed quite...and remembered an ayah of the Qur'an that the disbelievers will laugh and mock at you in duniya, but on the day of judgement you will laugh at them... :D

aamirsaab
06-22-2005, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woman Of Jihad
I remember something similar that happen to me. Me and my mum were out shopping it was the day of so called 'Halloween'. And people were dressed up etc. One man was dressed as Osama Bin Laden right...I was minding my own business and suddenly he walks past me and shouts 'Oi Bin Ladens daughter'. I was :omg:

but with patience I stayed quite...and remembered an ayah of the Qur'an that the disbelievers will laugh and mock at you in duniya, but on the day of judgement you will laugh at them... :D
I woulda smacked him.

Pinkrose
06-22-2005, 10:37 PM
I woulda smacked him.

Really? you would've smacked him? :zip:

aamirsaab
06-23-2005, 07:44 AM
OK, i probably wouldnt smack him, but i would have intnetion to do it. If the guy was jokin around then i'd just laugh it off considering it was halloween an' all. But it is clearly an insult and so i would get quite angry. If someone is bothering you, you have a right to stop it - so use that right.

Pinkrose
06-23-2005, 10:42 AM
OK, i probably wouldnt smack him, but i would have intnetion to do it. If the guy was jokin around then i'd just laugh it off considering it was halloween an' all. But it is clearly an insult and so i would get quite angry. If someone is bothering you, you have a right to stop it - so use that right.

True!!
I wasn't against what you said about smacking him or anything bro!!
Yeah, i would probably be mad too but why not use words to fight back before anything gets Physical? Hope you see my point!! :D

:w: :sister:

aamirsaab
06-23-2005, 11:17 AM
Yeah I get what your saying sis :D
All I meant was that don't be afraid of letting loose - we are allowed to defend ourselves. Sometimes, words aren't enough. Well, taht is what i have learnt from past experiences.

Pinkrose
06-23-2005, 11:21 AM

Alright!! :D
Good Point!! :thumbs_up

Muezzin
06-23-2005, 05:13 PM
Yeah I get what your saying sis :D
All I meant was that don't be afraid of letting loose - we are allowed to defend ourselves. Sometimes, words aren't enough. Well, taht is what i have learnt from past experiences.
But when you 'let loose', it's just a synonym for 'letting rip' - and I'm out of nose plugs! :p

minaz
06-23-2005, 06:30 PM
Bilal as one of the most glorified figureheads of the Civil Rights movement said, "BUY ANY MEANS NECCESSARY" - Malcolm X

Muezzin
06-23-2005, 07:04 PM
Yeah, but Muhammad Ali said: 'Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee'

Lina
06-24-2005, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Yeah, but Muhammad Ali said: 'Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee'
Yeah, but Bush said: 'I have opinions of my own --strong opinions-- but I don't always agree with them.'

minaz
06-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Lol

minaz
06-24-2005, 07:15 PM
:offtopic:

Muezzin
06-24-2005, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
:offtopic:
Coming from you, I can't help but laugh :p

minaz
06-25-2005, 06:33 PM
Lol "chandleresque" remarks coming from you that aint no surprise :p

Pinkrose
07-02-2005, 07:02 PM

Something Unbelievable happened last night!! :omg:
Subhanallah!!

Okay!, See we were driving home(Junna, Me and my lil' sis's and my older Bro!!)
Then this Jeep was going past us and there was this guy who stuck the finger at us!!! No one saw but me at first and i started to laugh with anger and i told my older bro who was driving!! Then the guy did it a second time and Junna saw this time!! My older bro was about to do sumthin' that..................But he remembered the Prophet :arabic5: and he cooled down a little!! I swear if it wasn't for the sake of Allah i think that guy would have been busted!! We specially couldn't do nothing cuz' there was a cop behind us and anyways we wouldn't have done anything cuz' the prophet :arabic5: was a forgiving man!! :wub: I seriously know that if it wasn't bad my brother would get him bad!! He was sooooooooooooo pissed off!! I couldn't help but to laugh with anger and i had to hold Junna back!! ;D Seriously i did have to hold her back!! We just prayed for the guy to become muslim even though it killed our hearts to do that!! :'( :'( :'(

Subhannallah!! The brains of these Idiots!!

:w: :sister:

minaz
07-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Lol it's good that your brother kept his cool, i find that hard to do - i've got a short fuse, anywho you're gonna get in S*** for:
Quote form Pinkrose
He was sooooooooooooo pissed off!!
All the best in defending your chocie of words :p

Pinkrose
07-02-2005, 07:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
Lol it's good that your brother kept his cool, i find that hard to do - i've got a short fuse, anywho you're gonna get in S*** for:

All the best in defending your chocie of words :p

Did i say sumthin' bad? :( :omg:

What am i gonna get?
Sry i'm slow!!

:w: :'(

minaz
07-02-2005, 08:00 PM
lol no worries i understand, the word "piss" or "pissed" is seen as offensive in the UK :p

Pinkrose
07-02-2005, 08:02 PM

Phew!! ;D
Okay!!

For a minute i was like OH NO!!
What did you do!! ~lol~

:w: ;D

Zuko
09-24-2005, 09:15 PM
whoa... you people go through alot.... For some reason, I've never been hurt physically, but verbally, yeah, but only to a small degree... The kids at school are always starting fights in the subways, and once, a whole group of highschool kids came with baseball bats and knives to our school to fight and one kid ended up getting slashed on his stomach.... I decided to stay home that day, al-hamdulilah... Plus, we also got weirdos smashing our car windows, and on halloween last year, a bunch of punks threw bricks through our living room window... and if you look closely, the sides of our car and house have bullets in them... but I'm grateful I've never had people give me the finger, or have eggs thrown or have people want to kill me... But the good thing is, while I was sitting home safe, all you dudes were getting hassinaat for going through all of that... Now I'm jealous....

ume-kalthum(19)
09-27-2005, 10:05 AM
I always get called names like ninger and so on. But we should ignore them 4 the sack of Allah.

SalafiFemaleJih
09-27-2005, 04:52 PM
Once I was wearing niqaab this guy threw ketchup on moi :( people act somewhat weird at times. They prolly thought I'm some cartoon character. Subhan'Allah. oh well, All praises is due to Allah.

wasalamualaikum wr wb.

libyanhero
09-27-2005, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Queenoftheworld
whoa... you people go through alot.... For some reason, I've never been hurt physically, but verbally, yeah, but only to a small degree... The kids at school are always starting fights in the subways, and once, a whole group of highschool kids came with baseball bats and knives to our school to fight and one kid ended up getting slashed on his stomach.... I decided to stay home that day, al-hamdulilah... Plus, we also got weirdos smashing our car windows, and on halloween last year, a bunch of punks threw bricks through our living room window... and if you look closely, the sides of our car and house have bullets in them... but I'm grateful I've never had people give me the finger, or have eggs thrown or have people want to kill me... But the good thing is, while I was sitting home safe, all you dudes were getting hassinaat for going through all of that... Now I'm jealous....
If you live in America, I dont blame them ;D

Kidding but thats what you get for living with animals

- Qatada -
01-25-2006, 03:23 AM
Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

(Sura Mutaffifin (83:)

29. "Surely those who committed sin used to laugh at those who believed,"

30. "And when they passed by them, they were winking at one another (in
mockery;)"

31. "And when they returned to their people they returned jesting,"

32. "And when they saw them, they said: `Surely these have gone stray!'".

33. "While they had not been sent as guardians over them!"

34. "So, on this Day (of Judgement) the Believers will laugh at the
Unbelievers:"

35. "(Sitting) on thrones (of Dignity) they will command (a sight) (of all
things)".

36. "Have not the Unbelievers been paid back for what they used to do?"

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Umm Safiya
01-25-2006, 09:58 AM

Subhân'Allâh, it is so sad how people act.. But for me, my imân just gets stronger, alhamdulillâh..

This last friday, I was on my way home from school and it snowed, so all the subways was closed, so I was at a station, couldn't get home, go back, forth, anything.. So I sat down at a busstop and called my mom to come pick me up, then, while I'm talking to her, this lady in her 50's or 60's, who was an alcoholic I think, 'cause she smelled like alcohol.. Well, she gets all in my face, like 1 or 2 inches away and yell: 'WHY ARE YOU WEARING THAT HORRIBLE OUTFIT? TAKE IT OF YOU NEGRO'.. Lol, eventhough I'm not black, not even close.. So I tell her nicely to lower her voice or get out of face, while I'm talking to my mom.. I don't remember everything she said, 'cause she went on for like an hour or more, but she was so ridicilous.. It was so bad at some point, that an old danish man, took his cane(dunno if it's the right word, but the thing old ppl walk with) and pushed her away, telling her to leave me alone..
And when I saw my mom, I was so thankful, got up took my stuff, then this lady starts yelling again, telling me to go home.. So I said: Well, I'm actually on my way.. Have a nice day.. Then she yells: I hope you feel horrible.. Me: Thanks I'm fine.. Have a nice weekend..
Then another lady tells the weirdo lady: Oh shut up you old nag.. Then the weirdo says: NO I WON'T.. THAT THING JUST PUT A CURSE ON ME!
Lol.. Ppl are so weird.. I just don't have the energy to argue with them.. I would rather just listen to all that they say and they reply: Have a nice day or something like that..
And ppl here are rather abusive, and I don't wanna get hit or anything.. I'm not good at fighting, never been in one my whole life..

May Allâh give those mean people hidayah ameen..

Snowflake
01-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Minaz:lol no worries i understand, the word "piss" or "pissed" is seen as offensive in the UK
A good alternative is "peeved off" : )

Originally Posted by Jannah
I know this friend of mind..whom wears the Niqaab....this guy was just staring at her for like hourssssssss......and his staring was not like any odd stare...he had his legs crossed and was very still...with his eyes wide open....just looking and looking....my friend couldn't take it...so she said "if you got something to say say!...otherwise STOP staring at me!"...hehehehe he never looked back again
Good girl! ;D

Originally Posted by amani
its not halloween yet love ??? ??? ???
Lol

If I was verbally abused, I'd either ignore it or say something (nothing rude). But if I was touched, I'd definitely bop them one in the face! Every woman should learn self-defence!

Soon after the London bombings, I was standing in a supermarket queue (in nikaab) waiting to be served and I noticed this white guy staring at me. Man, he wouldn't take his eyes of me. I was sure he thought I probably had a bomb strapped on me. In a funny way it, I got a big kick out of it :-[

Then, once I was walking down the stairs in a multistorey carpark behind a white woman. She turned back, looked at me, and all of a sudden she started walking really quickly as if to get away. I think she thought that I was going to grab her and blow both of us up ;D

MetSudaisTwice
01-25-2006, 10:51 AM
salam
may allah protect us from harm of the kuffars and also guide the kuffars to the right path, if not then may allah punish them for disbelieving
wasalam

ola
01-25-2006, 12:05 PM
AS 4 ME once SOMEONE SAYZ ANYTHING BOUT ISLAM i show them WHAT MY POINTY SHOES CUD DO
LOL
KICKING PUNCHING AND GOD KNOWS WHAT
LOL
I JST CANT STAND KUFFARS MAKING FUN OF OUR DEEN
MAY ALLAH PROTECT US 4M ANY ATTACKS
IF THEREZ ONE JUST CALL OLA
LOL
HEHHEEHE
THOSE STORIES WERE REALLY SAD
ANYWAYZ
SLMZ
XX

جوري
03-03-2007, 04:44 AM
you did the right thing sis... here is a really good book I recommend you read. You'll recognize patterns of behavior in certain individuals and how to deal with them. I seriousely wouldn't take it personally. Sick people are sick period. It doesn't matter if you were Muslim or from Mars. Bigots and small minded people are out there to contrast our life so we can have a deeper appreciation of the good people that we do know and to deal better with adversity when faced with similar situations in the future....
http://www.amazon.com/Gentle-Art-Ver.../dp/0735200890

Snowflake
03-03-2007, 10:49 AM
I seriousely wouldn't take it personality. Sick people are sick period. It doesn't matter if you were Muslim or from Mars.
true! for sick people, when it comes to dislike of a particular race/religion, it doesn't matter what they wear. Look at shilpa shetty.. she is totally westernised but boy did she get some stick in the BB house - i.e. so what if if she wears jeans and free-mixes, she's still indian mannnn!

^..sTr!vEr..^
03-03-2007, 10:53 AM
bravo!! nice act...u deserve some reps :)

cihad
03-03-2007, 12:09 PM
wow you guys really seem to get it tuff!!

For me its nothing more than a few stares, the african ppl around here actually like Usama Bin Laden so its cool.

'Abd al-Baari
03-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Sad story sister, but you did the right thing in ignoring them , MASHALLAH

Snowflake
03-03-2007, 02:12 PM
^lol who's talking to who here?

For instance, I thought str!ver was repping me.but it wasn't to be :p

teen-gurl
03-03-2007, 02:37 PM
woah...i cant belive that happend to you :O atleast u didnt say nuffin bad in reply :)

deen_2007
03-03-2007, 02:40 PM

its really good u didnt show ':mad: ' when the lady said that....& yes something similar did happen once...but actually not as extreame.....

me & my friend were on the train going up west. the train carage was full of ppl of all ehtnic background. we were sitting opposite some couples that clearly looked disturbed at us.:playing: (this was like a month after 9/11, and we were all scarved up)

suddenly a indian, early 40's guy entered the carage. the carage atmosphere was very still & quiet. as soon as the door shut, the indian guy started preaching...christianity. everyone was looking at him because he was so loud! :muddlehea ....he was not looking at anyone...but he was saying things like 'jesus loves you, jesus is the way of life..etc'

....those couples opposite us were looking at US...as if hoping we would start a fight or something...so they could join in...they had a smerk! ..BUT obvioulsy we didnt :D ...instead we smiled back at them.

then slowly the indian guy came straight infront of US...and started preaching again...this time directly at US...(everyone in the train were looking :rant: ) ...i personally felt ever so angry..because i felt he was bringing attention on US because we are wearing Headscarves and clearly were Muslims....

...(as it was nearly time for us to get off) he looked at me and asked 'DO YOU BELIEVE IN JESUS?'....we got up to leave ....i replied politly 'NO I DNT BELIEVE IN JESUS...BUT I BELIEVE HE EXISTED & HE WAS A PROPHET WHO WAS SENT ON EARTH BY GOD. & WE ALSO BELIEVE, HE HIMSELF IS NOT GOD IN ANYFORM!'...then we had to leave...( i wish we had more time...but whatever had happend was for the best i guess)

hope i said the right thing...but we didnt have much time to think.

(sorry for the long story ppl)

'Abd al-Baari
03-03-2007, 02:45 PM
^^^
another sad stoyr but don't worry sis you did the right thing mashallah, i don't know what do though if i was ever in a situation lime that

Harrumph
03-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Most of these stories are pretty bad,id love to say it doesn't happen anymore in my country,but it happens all too often :(,but i dont think racism and bigotry is a majority view,so its also pretty sad that when these things happen in public places more people(other passengers/bystanders)dont have the courage and decency to speak out against it.

For you guys that have been on the recieving end i can only admire you for your restraint,im afraid if stuff like this happened to me i would lose it big time:grumbling .

Beblessed
03-03-2007, 05:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
:sl: :mad: :mad: :'( ;D ;D

then once in wakefield someone tried to pull at my niqab..Alhumdulillah it dint come off though :'( turned around and theyd gone :omg:

anyway i dont care what people think or say :shade:

omg my cousin had the same experience once in london .. i was wid her and wid some otha cuzin of mine i was like :uuh: but we didnt say anything cuz she went after she tured around yust like how it happened to u .. we left it to Allah (swt) sabr inshallah

youngsister
03-03-2007, 05:25 PM
:sl: So sad man some people are so ignorant!

This old man, well about 60, once tried to chase me:offended:
He was scary and started shouting and swearing at me, that was when I started wearing the full Hijab I was in shock:muddlehea

Yep, the dirty looks, people swearing, people judgin, I even experienced such from muslims thats what hurted me the most:cry:

But is fine now all this made me a stronger person, I am proud of who I am:)

Umm Yoosuf
03-03-2007, 05:36 PM

Subhan Allah :eek:

Be carefull make sure you don't walk alone, spically at night.

youngsister
03-03-2007, 05:43 PM
:sl: I had an evening class *hate them*:mad:

Yep I was scared i slightly pulled my jilbab up and did a runner, I was to scared to look back, I was just started reading Surat and said my Shahada scary subxanallah:cry:

Umm Yoosuf
03-03-2007, 05:45 PM

Miskiina! May Allah protect you and us. Ameen

AtTiYa
03-03-2007, 05:54 PM
:sl: :brother: s and :sister: s

OK, I was on the train rite? on my way home from school, I was sittin with a friend of mine minding our own business (talking about assignments and stuff) when all of a sudden this lady comes up to us and says "TAKE OFF YOUR SCARVES" in this really angry tone :omg: :omg: me and my friend just sat there not knowing what to do...at first i was thinking of kinda being "rude" to her as well but i just stayed quite coz i didn't want to give islam a bad name and all. When she said this, she was actually getting of the bus, after saying that and she got of the bus...she gave us the rude finger :eek: that was soo unbelieveable wallahi :omg:

We haven't done anything to her but yet she comes to us and acts rude, the weird thing is she was probably around her 50s or 60s, ufff and i thought people around that age were smart or something :'(

oh well, alhamdulilah

BTW, I haven't been to the forum for awhile, alhamdulilah I will be here often now :D i hope i didn't miss much
OMG thats so bad..!!! inshalah it wnt happn 2 any1 else..or agen 2 u!! :muddlehea

*Hana*
03-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Salam Alaikum:

There really are very strange characters in society today. Most that are rude are usually (not always), very uneducated and really don't have a clue what they're babbling about. They just babble for the sake of it and probably have the personality that looks for arguments where there are none.

Before I reverted I was in a line up at the grocery store. The cashier happened to be a Muslimah wearing a hijab. I was minding my own business when I overheard a lady making a comment about how ridiculous this Muslimah looked wearing a cloth on her head and she shouldn't be allowed to work there. :confused: Now, when I looked back to see who would make such a comment, it was a lady around 60 ish, with very unkept hair, tight shorts and a tank top that was far too small. The combination of tight shorts and shirt exposed her protruding belly and ummm, well, let's just say the shirt was not big enough to prevent other body parts from being partially exposed.

I said to her, "If you are able to show yourself in public dressed like that, what concern is it to you what others choose to wear?" She said she couldn't stand to look at it because it was ridiculous. I pointed out all the other cashiers in the store and asked her if she just HAPPENED to stand in this line, or if it was her intent to try to humiliate the girl. She didn't respond. So, I told her I thought the girl, unlike herself, looked beautiful and dressed respectfully. And I ended it by saying, "by the way....nice shirt you're almost wearing!!" She went to another line. lol

As a Muslimah, I've never had one negative comment made to me by strangers. They don't seem to treat me any different from anyone else, Alhamdulillah. I'm sure there are stares and I just don't notice, but I honestly don't know how I would react. I think I would just smile and say, "And you have yourself a wonderful day!! :D " Rude people don't usually know how to react to that. lol

We have such strong sisters here, mashallah! :) Showing such strong control of their emotions is a wonderful representation of the beauty of Islam.

Wa'alaikum salam,
Hana

AtTiYa
03-03-2007, 06:21 PM
omggg thats a funny story i hpe it taught her a lesson..aww ur so strong u no!!! i wud neva hav been able 2 sy all that..:uuh:

i neva knew these kinda things r goin on..god nos wah wrld am in!!

*Hana*
03-03-2007, 08:59 PM
lol sister, before I reverted, I wouldn't hesitate to say anything to anyone, especially rude people. To me, if someone could be openly rude I could openly correct them and never hesitated for a second. This was, for the most part, only when someone was abusive to harsh to another person. I had a friend that, if a situation would arise, she would look at me and say, "Oh dear God, please don't embarrass me." lool Quite frankly, I don't regret those times, but now as a Muslimah I sincerely do try to hold my tongue. Ummmm, I'm not always successful and still have my moments, Alhamdulillah, I'm much better than before. lol

I think it gave this lady something to think about or she would have remained in the line and stood her ground. She must have felt as humiliated as she tried to make this Muslimah feel and hopefully it made her think twice before making such foolish, racist comments.

Given the exact same situation today, I know I would confront her, but in a much different manner by explaining the importance of hijab. But, I do believe that because the comment was made out of ignorance, her reaction would be the same...feeling humiliated from such a foolish comment. Oh well, people have to realize that there can be consequences when you speak without knowledge. :)

Wa'alaikum salam,
Hana

AtTiYa
03-04-2007, 05:01 PM
salams

aww wud she reali listen 2 d explanation?? i hpe she wud..!!

i dnt hav the guts 2 sy anythin of the kind..!!!:-\

ws..

*Hana*
03-04-2007, 06:41 PM
Salam Alaikum:

lol no, she probably wouldn't, but I would do my best. :)

wasalam,
Hana

deen_2007
03-04-2007, 10:05 PM
OMG...i frogot this story....about 4 months ago....here in London this is what happend in my neigbourhood!:

one day...around 6PM....4 Polish (3 males, one femlae) were walking back from the Pub..all drunk, shouting etc accross local resident houses....a young grl was walking by...she was only about 14 yrs old....she is a Muslim, hence she was wearing a scarf. What do they do....they started pulling her scarf off...n saying nasty stuff! :raging:....

the grl was frightend... one drunk Man slapped the grl....local boys (aroud 10) wer just minutes away...they heard the girl sreaming....so they went up to them. the girl cried for help & shouted how they wer talking her scarf off & some were slapping her & calling her filthy names! they wouldnt stop throwing rasist comment at the youth..(obviously..as they r drunk)

Obviously...what happens next.......(dreadful)....they end up in Hospital!

jzcasejz
03-04-2007, 11:10 PM
^^ Astaghfirullah :'( Poor Girl :-\
May Allah Protect Us All At All Times.

btw..did da local boiz beat da polish dudez up?

IbnAbdulHakim
03-04-2007, 11:12 PM
this thread is horrible :(

may Allah help this ummah!

جوري
03-04-2007, 11:25 PM
I am a firm believer in carrying some thing of a weapon on you if you have to walk by yourself at night in unsafe areas. I personally have a zapper gun/flash light. will cause mild shock to all zapped by it... enough for one to escape. I have never been big on the defensive or crying for help although screaming at your assailant while zapping them is ideal...The world has turned into an ugly place.... I think a good offense is always best!

deen_2007
03-04-2007, 11:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
I am a firm believer in carrying some thing of a weapon on you if you have to walk by yourself at night in unsafe areas. I personally have a zapper gun/flash light. will cause mild shock to all zapped by it... enough for one to escape. I have never been big on the defensive or crying for help although screaming at your assailant while zapping them is ideal...The world has turned into an ugly place.... I think a good offense is always best!

lol...where did you find that?

i want one....not for those thugs........but just

جوري
03-04-2007, 11:38 PM
my brother gave it to me as a gift.. requires recharging every so often. I have to tell you. I really have a zero tolerance policy, Wouldn't even mind derailing someone off the road with my four by four. Came close once too with some SOB who was as drunk as a skunk. I got into my car and was about to squish him like a bug. Good thing he had enough sense to move out of my way!

deen_2007
03-04-2007, 11:42 PM
^^ lol.....ur funny.....well dnt do that....never no...he may come to deen one day

جوري
03-04-2007, 11:55 PM
You can just buy one from ebay... Mine thankfully can't be detected b/c it looks just like a flash light... here is a link though 300.000 volts... that is pretty powerful
http://cgi.ebay.com/Stun-Gun-300-000...QQcmdZViewItem

There is no way that buffoon was fit for any sort of deep contemplation. He is just after harassing people and getting drunk. I hate to go for vigillante justice But by G-D's will...I WILL NOT BE A VICTIM if I can help it!

deen_2007
03-04-2007, 11:57 PM
o my days! dat looks dAnGeRoUs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sis y do u write G-D?

i mean i understand y jews do....but u?

جوري
03-05-2007, 12:09 AM
It is indeed dangerous for the sap who thinks he can commit a crime against me and get away with it. I can't tell people what to carry on them.... but I believe at least some courses in self-defense are ideal! Especially for a woman.......DON'T BE A VICTIM! I actually know two tricks that can drop someone dead in a minute....... But that is a story for another day! For now no sister or mother or daughter should be subjected to physical abuse. People will always make snide comments all you can say is auf auf and move on... but when it comes to actual physical violence then defend yourself don't lay there screaming. long gone are the days when an army would be roused if so much as a woman's skirt is lifted by a street louse....

جوري
03-05-2007, 12:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by deen_2007
o my days! dat looks dAnGeRoUs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sis y do u write G-D?

i mean i understand y jews do....but u?
Really do it out of respect... I don't want someone to infer Zeus or some female Goddess or some pleural Gods. So Muslims know I am talking about Allah and the others to understand that I am talking about "The G-D" and not some entity especially designed for Muslims since many who browse these forums think we just have a G-D named Allah Astghfor Allah-- since they don't understand that Allah basically means G-D.

Also I have seen the word Allah used in some very obscene and deragatory ways on the web which has hurt me very much so I avoid writing out the word Allah as much as possible ---unless in the context of the Quran or a hadith, or du'a.

مَّا لَكُمْ لَا تَرْجُونَ لِلَّهِ وَقَارًا {13}
[Pickthal 71:13] What aileth you that ye hope not toward Allah for dignity

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.