/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Challenge begins

Ra`eesah
06-19-2005, 01:45 AM
Assalamu ‘alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

The Challenge begins!

This thread is part II of the Challenge, I am sure everyone is excited to start so here is what we will do InshaAllah.

We will all try to the BEST of our ability to memorize ALL of “The 40 ahadith of Imam Nawawi” (Rahemahu Allah) InshaAllah as we know first of All our intention should be to seek reward from Allah:arabic2: alone!!!
Allah :arabic2: says

Allah does not impose upon any soul a duty but to the extent of its ability;.[2:286]

so InshaAllah we will work hard and do our best.

Here is the CHALLENGE. Each one of us has to memorize the hadith before the next hadith is posted.Each hadith will have a specified deadline [meaning the time giving to learn the hadith will depend on the hadith its self].

Once the hadith is memorized you will need to check in HERE. At the end of the Challenge the winner will receive a gift! :D no joke

Ok ready?

H E R E ----> W E ----> G O....

Note: Any posts, which are irrelevant to the challenge, will be removed.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm_Qaylah
06-19-2005, 02:33 AM
As-Salaamu 'alaykum Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuh,

OHHHH, what a wonderful idea Masha-Allaah.

This is what I love about al-maghrib and AlHumdu-Lillaah I'm glad we're getting it here as well.

I will test everyone on all 40 hadith once they have memorized them, :D in order to claim the prize (I'm serious).

Wa'alaykum As-Salaam Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuh.

Far7an
06-19-2005, 02:47 AM
Assalamu 'alaikum

Hadith #1

عن أمـيـر المؤمنـين أبي حـفص عمر بن الخطاب

قال: سمعت رسول الله

يقـول: { إنـما الأعـمـال بالنيات وإنـمـا لكـل امـرئ ما نـوى، فمن كـانت هجرته إلى الله ورسولـه فهجرتـه إلى الله ورسـوله، ومن كانت هجرته لـدنيا يصـيبها أو امرأة ينكحها فهجرته إلى ما هاجر إليه
Listen to hadith

English Translation

On the authority of Omar bin Al-Khattab, who said : I heared the messenger of Allah salla Allah u alihi wa sallam say :

"Actions are but by intention and every man shall have but that which he intended. Thus he whose migration was for Allah and His messenger, his migration was for Allah and His messenger, and he whose migration was to achieve some worldly benefit or to take some woman in marriage, his migration was for that for which he migrated." related by Bukhari and Muslim

Deadline: 24th June 2005

Far7an
06-25-2005, 06:39 PM
Assalamu 'alaikum

Hadith #2

عن عمر

أيضاً، قال: بينما نحن جلوس عـند رسـول الله

ذات يوم إذ طلع علينا رجل شديد بياض الثياب، شديد سواد الشعر، لا يرى عليه أثـر السفر، ولا يعـرفه منا أحـد، حتى جـلـس إلى النبي

فـأسند ركبـتيه إلى ركبتـيه ووضع كفيه على فخذيه، وقـال: ( يا محمد أخبرني عن الإسلام ).
فقـال رسـول الله

: { الإسـلام أن تـشـهـد أن لا إلـه إلا الله وأن محـمـداً رسـول الله، وتـقـيـم الصلاة، وتـؤتي الـزكاة، وتـصوم رمضان، وتـحـج البيت إن اسـتـطـعت إليه سبيلاً }.
قال: ( صدقت )، فعجبنا له، يسأله ويصدقه؟ قال: ( فأخبرني عن الإيمان ).
قال: { أن تؤمن بالله وملائكته وكتبه ورسله واليوم الآخر وتؤمن بالقدر خيره وشره }.
قال: ( صدقت ). قال: ( فأخبرني عن الإحسان ).
قال: { أن تعبد الله كأنك تراه، فإن لم تكن تراه فإنه يراك }.
قال: ( فأخبرني عن الساعة ).
قال: { ما المسؤول عنها بأعلم من السائل }.
قال: ( فأخبرني عن أماراتها ).
قال: { أن تلد الأمة ربتها، وأن ترى الحفاة العراة العالة رعاء الشاء يتطاولون في البنيان }.

ثم انطلق، فلبثت ملياً، ثم قال: { يا عمر أتدري من السائل ؟ }.
قلت: الله ورسوله أعلم.
قال: { فإنه جبريل ، أتاكم يعلمكم دينكم }.

Listen to hadith : mp3 Real.

English Translation
Also on the authority of Omar, who said : One day while we were sitting with the messenger of Allah there appeared before us a man whose clothes were exceedingly white and whose hair was exceedingly black; no signs of journeying were to be seen on him and none of us knew him. He walked up and sat down by the prophet. Resting his knees against his and placing the palms of his hands on his thighs, he said:"O Muhammed, tell me about Islam". The messenger of Allah said: "Islam is to testify that there is no god but Allah and Muhammed is the messenger of Allah, to perform the prayers, to pay the zakat, to fast in Ramadhan, and to make the pilgrimage to the House if you are able to do so." He said:"You have spoken rightly", and we were amazed at him asking him and saying that he had spoken rightly. He said: "Then tell me about eman ."He said:"It is to believe in Allah, His angels, His books, His messengers, and the Last Day, and to believe in divine destiny, both the good and the evil thereof." He said:"You have spoken rightly". He said: " Then tell me about ehsan ." He said: "It is to worship Allah as though you are seeing Him, and while you see Him not yet truly He sees you". He said: "Then tell me about the Hour". He said: "The one questioned about it knows no better than the questioner." He said: "Then tell me about its signs." He said: "That the slave-girl will give birth to her mistress and that you will see the barefooted, naked, destitute herdsman competing in constructing lofty buildings." Then he took himself off and I stayed for a time. Then he said: "O Omar, do you know who the questioner was?" I said: "Allah and His messenger know best". He said: "He was Jebreel (Gabriel), who came to you to teach you your religion."

Deadline: 2nd July 2005

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Far7an
07-04-2005, 11:37 PM
Assalamu 'alaikum

(sorry for the delay)

Hadith #3

عن أبي عـبد الرحمن عبد الله بن عـمر بـن الخطاب رضي الله عـنهما، قـال: سمعت رسول الله

يقـول: { بـني الإسـلام على خـمـس: شـهـادة أن لا إلـه إلا الله وأن محمد رسول الله، وإقامة الصلاة، وإيـتـاء الـزكـاة، وحـج البيت، وصـوم رمضان }.

Listen to Hadith: mp3 Real

English Translation.

On the authority of Ibn Omar, the son of Omar bin Al-Khattab, may Allah be pleased with both, who said : I heared the messenger of Allah say :

"Islam has been built on five [pillars]: testifying that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammed is the messenger of Allah, performing the prayers, paying the zakat, making the pilgrimage to the House, and fasting in Ramadan."

p related by Bukhari and Muslim

Deadline: 7th July 2005

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-05-2005, 01:09 AM
:sl:
The year should be 2005, I believe.

:w:

Far7an
07-05-2005, 01:18 AM
Assalamu 'alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
The year should be 2005, I believe.

Jazakallah khair :)

Umm Yoosuf
07-05-2005, 10:46 AM
Ok Jazallahu Khayr

Umm Yoosuf
07-13-2005, 11:15 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum

Can we have the deadline for the 4th hadiths plz! :)

Jazakallah!

Ra`eesah
12-16-2005, 05:24 AM
*bump*

S_87
12-16-2005, 11:20 AM

yes we started just before the summer holidays in which i guess a few then became absent. how about reviewing where we are and continuing?

Pk_#2
12-21-2005, 06:26 PM
salaamz

interesting idea :)

w.salaamz

firdous
12-21-2005, 07:02 PM
subhanallah this is an amzing idea, as i was listening my heart fekt like it was floating out of my body...

who is the reciter...

and is the lastest hadith number 4... and when is the dealine for that...

firdous
12-21-2005, 07:07 PM
salaam

Please if it is ok, can i download these hadiths and save them on my USB ia, please let me know if it is ok also how to do that using ralplayer ia

barakallahu fik

Far7an
12-22-2005, 10:25 AM

I am sorry that this was not carried on, I have been busy lately which is why I have not been able to carry it on.
Please if it is ok, can i download these hadiths and save them on my USB ia, please let me know if it is ok also how to do that using ralplayer ia.
They are not copyright, so it is ok for you to download the files InshaAllah. Just click on

to save it in mp3 format, and you should be able to listen to them InshaAllah.

firdous
12-22-2005, 01:12 PM
barakallahu fik...

ia this is a fantastic idea.

ia i hope you dont mind me saying thisremember Allah loves those who are continous in Ibadah not the one that accumulates good action heedless..

may Allah reward you for your valuable and sincere efforts...

imagine all the sadaqa jareea, insha'allah...

Khaldun
12-26-2005, 11:28 AM

Hadith #4

عن أبي عبد الرحمن عبد الله بن مسعـود رضي الله عنه، قال: حدثنا رسول الله - وهو الصادق المصدوق: { إن أحـدكم يجمع خلقه في بطن أمه أربعين يوماً نطفه، ثم يكون علقةً مثل ذلك، ثم يكون مـضغـةً مثل ذلك، ثم يرسل إليه الملك، فينفخ فيه الروح، ويـؤمر بأربع كلمات: بكتب رزقه، وأجله، وعمله، وشقي أم سعيد؛ فوالله الـذي لا إلــه غـيره إن أحــدكم ليعـمل بعمل أهل الجنه حتى ما يكون بينه وبينها إلا ذراع فيسبق عليه الكتاب فيعـمل بعـمل أهــل النار فـيـدخـلها. وإن أحدكم ليعمل بعمل أهل النار حتي ما يكون بينه وبينها إلا ذراع فــيسـبـق عليه الكتاب فيعمل بعمل أهل الجنة فيدخلها }.

Listen to Hadith: mp3 Realplayer

English Translation.

On the authority of Abu AbdiRahman, Abdullah bin Masud, who said : the messenger of Allah, and he is the truthful, the believed narrated to us :

"Verily the creation of each one of you is brought together in his mother's belly for forty days in the form of seed, then he is a clot of blood for a like period, then a morsel of flesh for a like period, then there is sent to him the angel who blows the breath of life into him and who is commanded about four matters: to write down his means of livelihood, his life span, his actions, and whether happy or unhappy.

By Allah, other than Whom there is no god, verily one of you behaves like the people of Paradise until there is but an arm's length between him and it, and that which has been written over takes him and so he behaves like the people of Hell-fire and thus he enters it; and one of you behaves like the people of Hell-fire until there is but an arm's length between him and it, and that which has been written over takes him and so he behaves like the people of Paradise and thus he enters it."

Related by Bukhari and Muslim

Deadline: 2 January 2006

Umm Yoosuf
12-28-2005, 09:48 PM
So who is taking take in this???

Anyone?

Khaldun
12-28-2005, 10:20 PM

Anyone who wants can join in learning inshAllah :brother:

Mawaddah
12-28-2005, 11:54 PM
Masha'allah I think this is a great idea for those out there who want to learn Hadeeth :sister: I also teach this same book, Arba'een Nawawi to my group of students, and I have them memorize one hadeeth every week.......however I see that this thread is moving very slowly?:-\ is it because everyone is busy? anyway, everyone keep up insha'allah and may Allah bless you all for your efforts Amin. everyone just needs to be persistent, Wassalam :sister:

Umm Safiya
12-29-2005, 07:14 PM

Umm, I wanna memorize hadeeth 1, but the link doesn't work.. :'( Where can I listen to it?

Umm Yoosuf
12-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Hmmm it doesn't seem to be working... take it up brother Far7an!

Khaldun
01-03-2006, 09:31 PM

Are people finding one weeks time to short? And is the website working for everyone?

Pk_#2
01-04-2006, 09:10 PM
salaamz,

One weeks good... :)

InshaAllah memorise it by then :)

Links never work on my computer...something must be wrong

Fi Amaan Allah

w/salaamz

hidaayah
05-17-2007, 07:37 AM

BUMP!
can we start this again please?

Musaafirah
05-17-2007, 11:47 AM
Ooh..can I start after my exams? Also, should we learn the Arabic as well..
By the way, is one sinful for forgetting 40 Ahadith that one has memorised?

hidaayah
05-30-2007, 03:30 PM

Sister..when are ur exams ending so we can start inshaAllah :)

- Qatada -
05-30-2007, 09:22 PM
:salamext:

Inshaa Allaah this will help ALOT, it's in a audio, tune form aswell so its easier to memorise alhamdulillah:

http://www.kalemat.org/nawawi.php

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.