/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My journey so far.

habiibti
10-11-2006, 01:15 PM
Assalamu aleikum.

Few months ago,i was on another forum,and someone from here posted a link named "akhira,the hereafter".When i clicked on da link,i landed on this site which btw i never knew it even existed.I later found out that only registered members have access to given links here.since i really wanted to hear da lecture,i had no choice but to sign up so i did.

After listening to that lecture,i started browsing thru da site,and had da chance to read alot,very interesting and beneficial stuff.For da next few days and weeks i kept reading more.lets just say i have learned so which i didnt know i didnt know them(does taht make sense?)

I always considered myself a good muslimah,i prayed ma daily salat,fasted and all that,but there was something which i was lacking and i experienced it here,Iman.From da day i joined few months ago up till now,i am amazed by how respectful,dedicated and determined to strive in da ways of Allah da members(including da admins and mods) are. after getting to read alot of stuff here,i felt ashamed and humuliated,not coz someone offended me,coz i offended me.see da thing is,i always offer my salat on time and all that,but i never made a connection with Allah,ma ibadah was more of routine thing,u know i did it coz i had to.

But not for long,i remember one day i was reading some posts,and i cried.i didnt know why i cried,but one thing i knew was,i didnt have anything close to da level of iman most members potrayed here.so i started to make some changes.Those changes included actually listening to what i say in salat,i dont think i ever remembered what i read in salat.:(

i am sorry,i didnt mean to take ur time on ma bla bla,but i needed to say that i feel really lucky taht i got to join this site and meet so amazing people,this is what an islamic based forum should,and on that i wanna thank da founders(admins)da keepers(da mods) and da wonderful members.i am glad i am part of this community.
May Allah forgive our sins and make us among those He is most pleased with. Amin insha Allah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
10-11-2006, 01:19 PM
:sl: sis...:wub: you're not taking our time..far from it, your post gives us all a chance to reflect on out Imaan and make sure it's at the highest level it can be :)

i too have felt like that...performing the salah etc but just coz you have to...no heart or faith in it....:cry: but SubhanAllah this forum is great for makiing you realise that you CAN be a better muslimah...and its made me so too w:

al Amaanah
10-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Assalaamu 'alaykum sis :loving:

Time is precious, true. But what youve said is also important. Lot of us also perform the salaat as a routine, and if this forum change that.. Alhamdulillah! We should be thankful for that.

Alhamdulillah. Alhamdulillah that this forum has been an eye opener for you and for a lot of us.

Love you for the sake of Allah ukhtee. :love:

Wasalaamu 'alaykum

habiibti
10-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Assalamu aleikum

jazakumullahu sisters.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
al Amaanah
10-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Wa iyaaki sis! :love:

DigitalStorm82
10-11-2006, 09:36 PM
Sis, I for one have to agree with you...

This site is great!

Mashallah there is always someone here to help out and always participating... nice unity in this forum... I'm honored to be a part of this group and forum :)

So many benefits... Inshallah Allah will grant the creater of this forum Jannah firdaus! :)

syilla
10-12-2006, 02:30 AM
:sl:

thank you for the nice posts...

i'm learning alot too from this forum...too many things...

i learnt to accept my weaknessess...trying my best to improve my imaan...without getting frustrated with myself. This is me...i'm just a nobody...and i'm not better than anyone in this planet...not even than other living creatures.... But i'll not quit from learning and practising to be a better muslim....

Sister Hoddan
10-12-2006, 01:34 PM
assalaamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Listening and understanding the recitation during the prayer has a profound impact on the concentration or khushu alhamdulillah. It really helps.

Jazakillahu khairan for reminding us ukhti!

Umm Yoosuf
10-12-2006, 01:55 PM
:sl:

Masha Allah. Jazakallahu Khayr for your post sister. Like sister Dreamer said "It gives us the chance to reflect on our iman" Alhamdulilaah Islam is a great gift from Allah, we Muslims don't relise that nor are greatful. May Allah forgive us and over look our sins. The bottom line is when it comes to the internet its either a destruction for us- we don’t make use of our time and therefore our iman sinks or its a coolest to our hearts and eyes and we take benefit of our time- seek knowledge and implement it in our lives benefit ours by commanding the good and forbidding the evil.

Allah says:

1. By (the Token of) Time (through the ages),

2. Verily Man is in loss,

3. Except such as have Faith, and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of Truth, and of Patience and Constancy.

Allah Knows Best

10-12-2006, 01:59 PM
Subhanallah! :wub:

Mawaddah
10-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Masha'allah sis I'm so glad to know that you have benefitted so much from this forum :wub:

This forum has also been very beneficial for me also and I must say that I've learned alot from members here, and some in particular :)

Alhamdulillah for all.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.