/* */

PDA

View Full Version : back at last

Curious girl2
10-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is ok. I havent been able to visit the forum for the past month as I've been pc-less after my laptop took a trip off the table and landed on the floor. I've now at last got a new pc.

Spent the last month reading the Qu'ran, finally have an English translation of my own, as well as attending some classes at my local masjid for new and prospective muslims. Made several new friends there too.

Think I will go and see what has been happening on the forum now

Peace
CG

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
10-12-2006, 08:28 PM
Hey, welcome back.

Masha'Allaah that's excellent. i love the way people leave the forum for a while, then come running back later on, most of the time with good news alhamdulillaah (praise be to Allaah.)

Alhamdulillah you got new muslim friends. The Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) said:

"A person is likely to follow the faith of his friend, so look whom you befriend." (Abu Dawud & Tirmidhi)

Please keep us updated on the new thing's you learn in the masjid insha'Allaah.

Peace.

Curious girl2
10-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Thanks.

Its really good to be back. I've learned so much at the classes, how to pray, wudu (spelling?), much about Ramadan, reading and discussing the Qu'ran. So many things, my mind is a whirl actually! One of the sisters at the masjid has been lovely towards me, answering my many questions, being a friend, showing me how to fasten a hijab (you have no idea how difficult that is to do when you have never done it!). I started off just wearing it to go to the masjid, as a matter of respect really. But this last week I have been wearing it everytime I leave my home. I feel so much more comfortable in it. The sister invited me to her home to have a meal with her when she would be breaking her fast but I was unable to get a babysitter for my children so I was unable to go. She has asked me to spend Eid with her so I am hoping that I will be able to go.

I have to say, Islam truly is a wonderful religion!

Peace
CG

Kittygyal
10-12-2006, 09:06 PM
salam.
welcome back Ukthi am proud of you mashallah
w.salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DaNgErOuS MiNdS
10-12-2006, 10:09 PM
salaam

Oh kool so did you recently revert to Islam? or are you on the verge in doing so?

nice to meet you, stick around :)

DigitalStorm82
10-12-2006, 11:56 PM
Welcome back!

Even though I haven't seen you around before.... but I guess I'm new to this forum also...

Anyway... Nice to know you're having a great time :)

Ramadan Kareem!

W'salaamz

MinAhlilHadeeth
10-13-2006, 08:26 AM
Hi!

That's nice to hear.:) I hope you are influenced positively by these classes and the friends that you've made. You've started wearing hijab? Wow, that's amazing. I suggest that you study the Qur'an carefully, and the biography of the Prophet (SAW). If there's anything you don't understand or are confused about, don't hesitate to ask us or your friend.:wub:

-Peace

IceQueen~
10-13-2006, 08:30 AM
subhanallah!!! aww that's so sweet :wub: alhamdu lillah
:welcome: back and this time as a sister in Islam ;)

Maimunah
10-13-2006, 10:19 AM
MashaAllah sis:wub:
welcome bk:wub:

Umm Yoosuf
10-13-2006, 01:48 PM
Hello :)

Welcome back

Nice to see you back :)

The Ruler
10-13-2006, 04:38 PM
hullo :D:D:D:D

:welcome: bak...:D:D:D:D

peace :peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.