/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Show thy gratitude . . .

Uthman
06-19-2005, 03:56 PM
:sl: :)

Have any of you ever had an experience which makes you wonder if you are really ready to die? Even as I write this, my heartbeat could be slowing. Have I spent enough time with my lord, worshipping him and showing him my gratitude for having two eyes, so I can see the beauties of his creation, two ears, so I can hear the adhan calling me to pray, two hands so I can purify myself, and two feet so I can walk his earth and breathe his air? All these things we take for granted, and only when, in a heartbeat, they are taken away from us, when life itself is taken away from us, then we really begin to fully appreciate them for how invaluable they are.

When we pray we should cry tears of appreciation and gratitude. He has given us the ability to worship him. We were created for no other reason. Have we done it enough? Are we ready to feel what every soul will encounter?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
06-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Wa alaikumusalaam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Subhanallah, first of all Jazakallah khair for sharing your thoughts with us akhee al faadhil Osman. May Allah bless you and raise you in rank, ameen.

Have we done it enough?
Subhanallah, no we have not. We should always strive to please Allah with our actions, what we have done will never suffice...

But we must remember, Allah is mort mericiful most forgiving.

But if anyone fears partiality or wrong-doing on the part of the testator, and makes peace between (The parties concerned), there is no wrong in him: For Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
(surah baqarah ayah 182)

We have to turn to Allah, and Allah will help us....

Without the help of our Lord, nothing is possible..

and whose prayers does Allah answer?

"And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad ) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me " (surah baqarah ayah 186)

O Allah! You are our Lord. There is no deity except You. You are our Creator and we are your creatures. We try to keep our covenant with You and to live in the hope of Your promise as well as we can. We seek refuge in You from our evil deeds. We acknowledge Your favours to us; and We acknowledge our sins. Forgive us our sins, for there is no one who can forgive sins except You.

Ameen

Batoota
06-19-2005, 06:26 PM
:sl:

Jazak Allaho koli khair for the excellent reminder :applaud:

But we have to all remember that it is by the Grace and Mercy of Allah that any of us will be allowed to jannah, and not because of our good deeds. He is so Merciful that He even multiplies our good deeds when we actually bother to do it, and we get points just thinking about doing a good deed!

^*Obviously, I don't mean that we should use that as an excuse to not do anything but just a reminder that no matter what we do we could not repay Allah for all that He has given us and we could not "earn" jannah. If we tried to count all the blessings He's already bestowed on us, we wouldn't reach the number, right...so how about even thinking of entereing jannah- the most beautiful, UNIMAGIABLE place ever?!*

I was looking for a specific hadith that I wanted to add, but since I couldn't find it, I thought i'd put this...

It is narrated by the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, in one Hadith that Allah created a man on an island where he was the only person there. Allah gave the man rizq by providing fruits on which he survived. For 70 years the man lived and worshipped only Allah, as there were no challenges there. When the time came for the man to die, Allah commanded the angel to bring his soul to Him. Allah asked the man, "O My servant, to Paradise or to Hellfire?" The man replied, "O Allah, Almighty, to Paradise." Allah said, "O My servant, is it because of My Mercy or is it because of your amal (good deeds)?" The man replied, "O Allah, it is because of my amal. For 70 years I worshipped you. I have done nothing bad, only good deeds worshipping you." Then Allah commanded his angel to take the bounty of sight and put it on one scale. He then commanded the angel to put the man's 70 years' worth of good deeds on the other scale. The bounty of sight weighed heavier than the deeds of 70 years.

because they didn't write the sanad or the narrators I felt i had to include the source which is this website:

http://fortyhadith.iiu.edu.my/hadith04.htm

Uthman
06-19-2005, 07:08 PM

SubhanAllah, resplendent post Farhan and sister Batoota. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BlissfullyJaded
06-19-2005, 07:15 PM

Jazakallah khair for the wonderful topic bro Osman. Excellent reminder.

SubhanAllah..thats a beautiful hadith sis Batoota. :'(

We're so used to what Allah SWT has granted us, we take it for granted, and only appreciate it after we loose it.

Uthman
06-19-2005, 07:31 PM

I can't even begin to imagine what this hadeeth (Qudsi) describes. It's one of my favourites and it's so beautiful. We've presumably all heard it before anyway.

[Allah's Love and Aid for his True Devotee]

Whosoever shows enmity to someone devoted to Me, I shall be at war with him. My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him.

It was related by al-Bukhari.

Text copied from Al-Nasir's Hadith Qudsi Software v1.0, www.DivineIslam.com

أحمد
06-20-2005, 09:39 AM

:) Sub-haan-Allah . . . :thumbs_up Great Naseehah by :brother: Osman . . .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.