/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Forgiveness for All Previous Sins

islamicfajr
10-12-2006, 11:05 PM

Forgiveness for All Previous Sins

When someone converts to Islam, God forgives all of his previous sins and evil deeds. A man called Amr came to the Prophet Muhammad

and said, “Give me your right hand so that I may give you my pledge of loyalty.” The Prophet stretched out his right hand. Amr withdrew his hand.

The Prophet

said:
{What has happened to you, O Amr?} He replied, “I intend to lay down a condition.” The Prophet

asked: {What condition do you intend to put forward?} Amr said, “That God forgive my sins.” The Prophet said: {Didn’t you know that converting to Islam erases all previous sins?}1

After converting to Islam, the person will be rewarded for his or her good and bad deeds according to the following saying of the Prophet Muhammad

: {Your Lord, Who is blessed and exalted, is most merciful. If someone intends to do a good deed but does not do it, a good deed will be recorded for him.
And if he does do it, (a reward of) ten to seven hundred or many more times (the reward of the good deed), will be recorded for him. And if someone intends to do a bad deed but does not do it, a good deed will be recorded for him. And if he does do it, a bad deed will be recorded against him or God will wipe it out.}2

Footnotes:

(1) Narrated in Saheeh Muslim, #121, and Mosnad Ahmad, #17357.

(2) Narrated in Mosnad Ahmad, #2515, and Saheeh Muslim, #131.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hisbul_Aziz
10-13-2006, 11:09 AM
May Allah forgive all our sins ameen

al Amaanah
10-20-2006, 09:15 AM
ameen! :' (

zareena
05-16-2007, 10:13 PM
ameen!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aisha!
08-06-2007, 09:41 PM
allah will ameen

7ai_3la_Alsalah
08-06-2007, 10:15 PM
May Allah treat us with his mercy and forgivness, Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.