/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fir'own (Pharoah's) Dead Body.

- Qatada -
10-13-2006, 08:40 PM

Fir'own (Pharoah's) Dead Body.

So this day We shall deliver your (dead) body (out from the sea) that you may be a sign to those who come after you! And verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs , revelations, etc.). (Qur'an Surah Yunus 10:92)

Ibn Kathir Tafsir:

(So this day We shall deliver your (dead) body (out from the sea) that you may be a sign to those who come after you!) Ibn `Abbas and others from among the Salaf have said: "Some of the Children of Israel doubted the death of Fir`awn so Allah commanded the sea to throw his body -- whole, without a soul -- with his known armor plate. The body was thrown to a high place on the land so that the Children of Israel could confirm his death and destruction.'' That is why Allah said,

[فَالْيَوْمَ نُنَجِّيكَ]

("So this day We shall deliver your..'') meaning that We will put your body on a high place on the earth. Mujahid said,

[بِبَدَنِكَ]
(your (dead) body) means, `your physical body. "

[لِتَكُونَ لِمَنْ خَلْفَكَ ءَايَةً]

(that you may be a sign to those who come after you!) meaning, so that might be a proof of your death and destruction for the Children of Israel. That also stood as a proof that Allah is All-Powerful, in Whose control are all the creatures. Nothing can bear His anger. Fir`awn and his people were destroyed on the day of `Ashura', as recorded by Al-Bukhari, Ibn `Abbas said, "When the Prophet arrived at Al-Madinah, the Jews fasted the day of `Ashura'. So he asked,

«مَا هَذَا الْيَومُ الَّذِي تَصُومُونَهُ؟»

(What is this day that you are fasting) They responded `This is the day in which Musa was victorious over Fir`awn.' So the Prophet said,

«أَنْتُمْ أَحَقُّ بِمُوسَى مِنْهُمْ فَصُومُوه»

(You have more right to Musa than they, so fast it.)

[وَلَقَدْ بَوَّأْنَا بَنِى إِسْرَءِيلَ مُبَوَّأَ صِدْقٍ وَرَزَقْنَاهُمْ مِّنَ الطَّيِّبَاتِ فَمَا اخْتَلَفُواْ حَتَّى جَآءَهُمُ الْعِلْمُ إِنَّ رَبَّكَ يَقْضِى بَيْنَهُمْ يَوْمَ الْقِيَـمَةِ فِيمَا كَانُواْ فِيهِ يَخْتَلِفُونَ ]

(93. And indeed We settled the Children of Israel in an honorable dwelling place, and provided them with good things, and they differed not until the knowledge came to them. Verily, your Lord will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection in that in which they used to differ.)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lina
10-13-2006, 08:42 PM
:sl:

Subhan'Allah

Alladin2001
10-14-2006, 04:25 PM
The body that is displayed here is that of Ramesses II.
The Bible mentions that the Israelites were working on the twin store-cities of Pithom and Pi-Ramses, both of which have been located up in the Nile Delta area of Egypt in the vicinity where the Israelites were likely settled. The name Ramses is the big tip-off because there were several kings by that name in the Egyptian Nineteenth and Twentieth Dynasties (c. 1295-1069 B.C). As a great builder and a formidable military leader, Ramesses II is a favourite candidate of Historians.

Hisbul_Aziz
10-14-2006, 04:26 PM
O allah we seek refuge from the painful torment

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd al-Baari
11-21-2006, 08:06 PM
alhumdillah last yer my family and i were in Egypt and we had to chance to got to Egypt national museum and see his body
it was really gross but their were many other bodies as well of dead kings

Pk_#2
11-21-2006, 09:04 PM
ewww

lucky! lol

are u allowed to take pics?

Kittygyal
11-21-2006, 09:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
ewww

lucky! lol

Assalmualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

them pics make me scared :cry:

&& nope your not allowed to take pictures of dead bodies nor graves.

do me a favour remember me in your Du3'ah, shukran

walikumassalm warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

Muezzin
11-21-2006, 11:43 PM
What, no treasure?

What a gyp. Tutenkhamun's exhibits are so much more dazzling.

Now I'll be off. Those graves don't rob themselves you know!

Umar001
11-21-2006, 11:46 PM
He looks too skinny to be a rich guy

Maimunah
11-21-2006, 11:48 PM
so that is the firo'oon who claimed to be Allah???
subhanaAllah!!

Umar001
11-21-2006, 11:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ruwaydah
so that is the firo'oon who claimed to be Allah???
subhanaAllah!!
You sure your not mistaking him for the one of Abraham's time?

Maimunah
11-21-2006, 11:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
You sure your not mistaking him for the one of Abraham's time?
isn't this the pharoah who said 'i'm Allah the most great' at the time of musa peace be upon him^o). coz this is the pharoah am talkin abt:)

Muezzin
11-21-2006, 11:57 PM
I thought most (if not all) the Pharoahs referred to themselves as god-kings?

Umar001
11-22-2006, 12:00 AM
Yes Muezzin, but I think we are talking with regards to the one in the Qu'ran who says that he is G-d and then he is asked G-d has power of life and death and then he brings the prisoner and so on and does his thing and then he was told G-d can make the sun rise from this place or something.

Anyhow I Think thats Ibrahim, peace be upon him, but am confused, is this pharaos body still protected now? so it is not possible for anyone to go and try to destroy him, I wonder what would happen.

north_malaysian
11-22-2006, 02:43 AM
Is it true that they found sands inside his mouth and throat?

Umm Safiya
11-22-2006, 12:23 PM

In a book I had, something about scientific miracles or astonishing miracles of the Qur'ân, it says, that Fir'awn from the time of Musa, his tomb or what it's called was opened, and he was covered with salt.. You know because he drowned..
I don't have the book anymore, gave it to a sister..

Allâh knows best..

Malaikah
11-22-2006, 12:27 PM

hmm ok weird. How do they know thats him? I've been shown an even uglier picture and been told that the guy is Fir'own. :?

I'm pretty sure the guy cant have more than one corpse lol.

'Abd al-Baari
11-22-2006, 04:20 PM
Re:ewww

lucky! lol

Muezzin
11-22-2006, 05:21 PM

Sunflower
11-22-2006, 05:24 PM
ive got a book with those pics in it they were scary the first (i was 8 i think) but i still think its freaky to this day

- Qatada -
11-22-2006, 05:27 PM
Whenever we see these signs of Allaah, we should fear His punishment..

:salamext:

Maimunah
11-22-2006, 11:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Whenever we see these signs of Allaah, we should fear His punishment..

:salamext:
subhanaAllah!!!
that is soo true, after all pharoah's body is a sign from God:cry:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-22-2006, 11:51 PM
OH! I heard about this, rather read an article on it. Same site that talked about the Zam Zam incident. Creepy pics >.<

AvarAllahNoor
11-23-2006, 12:00 AM
Someone please explain the meanig of this discovery??

Umar001
11-23-2006, 12:51 AM
LOl @ Fir Owned

Umar001
11-23-2006, 12:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Someone please explain the meanig of this discovery??
Hi,

If you read the original post you will see before and after all the pictures some passages:

So this day We shall deliver your (dead) body (out from the sea) that you may be a sign to those who come after you! And verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs , revelations, etc.).
(Qur'an Surah Yunus 10:92)

Ibn Kathir Tafsir:

(So this day We shall deliver your (dead) body (out from the sea) that you may be a sign to those who come after you!) Ibn `Abbas and others from among the Salaf have said: "Some of the Children of Israel doubted the death of Fir`awn so Allah commanded the sea to throw his body -- whole, without a soul -- with his known armor plate. The body was thrown to a high place on the land so that the Children of Israel could confirm his death and destruction.'' That is why Allah said,

[فَالْيَوْمَ نُنَجِّيكَ]

("So this day We shall deliver your..'') meaning that We will put your body on a high place on the earth. Mujahid said,

[بِبَدَنِكَ]
(your (dead) body) means, `your physical body. "

[لِتَكُونَ لِمَنْ خَلْفَكَ ءَايَةً]

(that you may be a sign to those who come after you!) meaning, so that might be a proof of your death and destruction for the Children of Israel. That also stood as a proof that Allah is All-Powerful, in Whose control are all the creatures. Nothing can bear His anger. Fir`awn and his people were destroyed on the day of `Ashura', as recorded by Al-Bukhari, Ibn `Abbas said, "When the Prophet arrived at Al-Madinah, the Jews fasted the day of `Ashura'. So he asked,

&#171;مَا هَذَا الْيَومُ الَّذِي تَصُومُونَهُ؟&#187;

(What is this day that you are fasting) They responded `This is the day in which Musa was victorious over Fir`awn.' So the Prophet said,

&#171;أَنْتُمْ أَحَقُّ بِمُوسَى مِنْهُمْ فَصُومُوه&#187;

(You have more right to Musa than they, so fast it.)

[وَلَقَدْ بَوَّأْنَا بَنِى إِسْرَءِيلَ مُبَوَّأَ صِدْقٍ وَرَزَقْنَاهُمْ مِّنَ الطَّيِّبَاتِ فَمَا اخْتَلَفُواْ حَتَّى جَآءَهُمُ الْعِلْمُ إِنَّ رَبَّكَ يَقْضِى بَيْنَهُمْ يَوْمَ الْقِيَـمَةِ فِيمَا كَانُواْ فِيهِ يَخْتَلِفُونَ ]

(93. And indeed We settled the Children of Israel in an honorable dwelling place, and provided them with good things, and they differed not until the knowledge came to them. Verily, your Lord will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection in that in which they used to differ.)

Now the fact that the Pharo's body had been preserved was unknown, noone knew that, even the Bible did not mention it, after the discovery of the body, the Qu'ran text has been shown to be right in a level of ways.

It disproves the theory that the Qu'ran just merely plagerioused the Bible, also, it begs the question, how did the author know that the body had been preserved.

Malaikah
11-23-2006, 01:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
It disproves the theory that the Qu'ran just merely plagerioused the Bible, also, it begs the question, how did the author know that the body had been preserved.

Or perhaps it also begs the question, how do we know that it is actually his body? :?:confused:

Umar001
11-23-2006, 02:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

Or perhaps it also begs the question, how do we know that it is actually his body? :?:confused:
I cant remember if I read in the Book, The Bible The Quran in the light of Modern Science by Maurice Bucaiile, the proper book, or if it was in another place, but they tested the inside and aparently it was proved that the person had drowned or something, also some time matching or something like that.

Allah knows best, but I remember reading something and being convinced, and it takes proof to convince me, if I find it agian I'll tell ya :shade:

Malaikah
11-23-2006, 02:05 AM

Oh ok, that would be interesting, jazakaallah khayr.

Umar001
11-23-2006, 02:13 AM

Oh ok, that would [BE] interesting , jazakaallah khayr.
There you go

Malaikah
11-23-2006, 02:15 AM
lol you put the "be" in the wrong place.

Umar001
11-23-2006, 02:38 AM
lol you put the "be" in the wrong place.
Shhhhhhhhhh..:nervous:

Noone saw! :blind:

Younus
11-23-2006, 12:19 PM
What a shaytan Fir'aun is !! Truly, he is among the biggest losers !!

may Allah guide us inshaaAllah !!
aameen !!

AvarAllahNoor
11-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Ancient Egypt all Pharoah's bodies were presevered

Umar001
11-23-2006, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Ancient Egypt all Pharoah's bodies were presevered
Wel if a body drowns I doubt theres much chance of people diving into the water to go and take it and try to mummify it, plus are you sure that its ALL?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-23-2006, 11:52 PM
Isnt this referring to the pharoah of the time of Moses(pbuh)? If it is, then no, his body was not preserved. The pharoah and his people were after Moses(pbuh) and his followers. This is the part Moses(pbuh) split the sea. Moses(pbuh) and his people made it through but the pharoah and his followers did not and were engulfed in the sea. I think thats right. If this is referring to the pharoah of the time of Moses(pbuh).

I feel like im getting it mixed up. So correct me if I'm wrong.

JazakAllah Khair

Umar001
11-23-2006, 11:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
Isnt this referring to the pharoah of the time of Moses(pbuh)? If it is, then no, his body was not preserved. The pharoah and his people were after Moses(pbuh) and his followers. This is the part Moses(pbuh) split the sea. Moses(pbuh) and his people made it through but the pharoah and his followers did not and were engulfed in the sea. I think thats right. If this is referring to the pharoah of the time of Moses(pbuh).

I feel like im getting it mixed up. So correct me if I'm wrong.

Jaza Allah Khair
That's the miracle, after all that, then his body was still preserved.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-23-2006, 11:55 PM
Yea, i was trying to correct bro Avar.

Umar001
11-24-2006, 12:00 AM
Ok, your welcome. :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-24-2006, 12:01 AM
JazakAllah brother lol
:w:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-24-2006, 12:07 AM
How come the pics are diffrent? one has bandages around it n stuff other doesn't n so on?? which onn is fir'awn from the pics.

Umar001
11-24-2006, 12:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
How come the pics are diffrent? one has bandages around it n stuff other doesn't n so on?? which onn is fir'awn from the pics.
Thats what I thought, but I think one is a close up which you see the bandages and the other isnt, or something, but I think in one pic one arm is above anoher and in the other pic another arm is above the other, anyhow maybe they change his position.

It looks like he's about to try and pray salah

Tania
11-24-2006, 03:09 PM
But why the body is exposed to a national museum:-[ :? It would not be more proper to put him back in his sarcophagus :?

Umar001
11-24-2006, 03:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
But why the body is exposed to a national museum:-[ :? It would not be more proper to put him back in his sarcophagus :?
He's a rich guy, am sure he would enjoy the fame

AvarAllahNoor
11-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Ok, has this just been discovered?? And it's a sign of something? If so what? I know i've been told to read the verses provided but it's confusing me!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Allah has kept and preserved his body so that future generations to come may be witness to His Signs. Read that verse and look at the pictures.
Perhaps u can understand it :)
Frogive me if ur still confused :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.