/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hardships and imaan

AnonymousPoster
10-14-2006, 02:14 AM
:sl:

Although I have been a Muslim my whole life, only recently did I understand what it really means to be a Muslim and I have become more active in avoiding sinning and doing more good deeds since then, and also gaining more knowlegde about my religion.

However, one thing I did notice, is that in this period in which I felt myself becoming a better Muslim, I seem to be experiencing more hardships than I have ever before. Two such occasion are rather vivid in my memory, and I dont remember experiencing hardships of such magnitude in my whole life, nor do I ever remember crying so much due to one single event. One of the events happened about six months ago, and it still brings tears to my eyes!

One thing I have noticed, SubhanAllah, is that after both events, there came relief! "Verily, after hardship comes relief".

My point: I wanted to know, is it fair to assume that this increase in hardships is a sign of increasing imaan? Because as I recall, Allah tests a person in accordance with the persons level of imaan.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DigitalStorm82
10-14-2006, 02:19 AM
I think you've got a good grasp on your imaan and deen... you already know the answers to your own questions. :)

Only thing I will say is to confirm your answers... look at your level of imaan and the hardships you've faced... and coompare with the prophet (sws) level of imaan and hardships he faced...

Keep striving to learn your deen bro/sis.

W'salaamz

AnonymousPoster
10-14-2006, 02:21 AM
salams sis

yeh that's v true, it's a sign that Allah wants to put you through tests to increase your reward for being patient.

At same time, don't let shaytan trick us into thinking 'our iman is too good now' hence causin us 2 think too highly of ourselves which can ruin us, we should always ask all for 'thabaat' (firmness, consistency).

Remember... after this... it's eternity.

So putup with the finite to get the infinite rewards to come inshaAllah :)

ws wr wb

Malaikah
10-14-2006, 02:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
One thing I have noticed, SubhanAllah, is that after both events, there came relief! "Verily, after hardship comes relief".

wow mashaallah, thats really cool!

I hope you continue to experience such hardships... (as a sign of increasing imaan;))

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
10-14-2006, 01:37 PM
:salamext:

People will be tested according to their level of imaan/faith - the Prophets have the most severe tests, after them are the scholars - then it keeps going down according to the level of a persons faith. But Allaah azawajal never burdens a soul with more than it can bear.

If the person remains patient, and keeps his/her duty to Allaah - then they may get a higher level or rank in jannah/paradise.

If you don't understand what i mean - this may make it easier to understand insha'Allaahu ta'aala:

From the bottom, of the diagram - you can see that a person's level of emaan (faith) equals out to the form of test the person may have. Therefore, if a person has low emaan, then their test may not be that difficult compared to a person who has more emaan etc.

This is why the prophets had the most emaan (faith) and this is why the difficulty of their tests are of a level higher compared to a person with weaker faith.

However, due to their emaan (faith in Allaah) - it doesn't seem too difficult for them, but a person with that lower faith would not be able to bare it.

The people who have more emaan (faith) will be raised in status in paradise, as long as they have tawaqul (keep their trust) in Allaah Almighty. They should also stay patient, and pray - because dua' (supplication) is one of the best weapons of the believer.

You may notice that our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is right at the top of jannah/paradise - he (peace be upon him) has the highest rank in paradise because he had the most emaan, hence he had the most hardest of trials, and he (peace be upon him) kept his faith in Allaah. Therefore, he (peace be upon him) will be in the highest rank of paradise insha'Allaahu ta'aala.

The same can be said about the prophets, then the sahabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) - then the scholars etc. Each according to their level of faith in Allaah azawajal.

.. and Allaah Almighty knows best.

That's only from my understanding. :)

Oh yeah, i was also listening in an Anwar al-Awlaki lecture, and he said that you shouldn't look forward to facing trial's, because the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) said in an authentic hadith that when you are going to meet the enemy, don't look forward to it, but once you face him - then stay firm.

The same can be said about facing trial's, and Allaah know's best.

---

These will also be of benefit insha'Allaah:

And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirin (the patient ones, etc.).

Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: "Truly! To Allah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return." (inna lillahi wa-innailayhi rajiAAoon)

They are those on whom are the Salawat (i.e. blessings, etc.) (i.e. who are blessed and will be forgiven) from their Lord, and (they are those who) receive His Mercy, and it is they who are the guided-ones.

(Qur'an Surah Baqarah 2:155-157)

"The Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: 'There is nobody who is afflicted with distress or grief and who says:-

Allaahumma inni 'abduka wa ibn 'abdika wa ibn amatika, naasiyati bi yadika maadin fiyya hukmuka 'adlun fiyya qadaa'uka, as'aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw 'allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw asta'tharta bihi fi 'ilmi al-ghaybi 'indaka an taj'al al-Qur'aana rabee'a qalbi wa noor sadri wa jilaa'a huzni wa dhihaaba hammi

‘O Allaah, I am Your servant, son of Your servant, son of Your maidservant, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You name Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety.’

- but Allaah will take away his distress and grief, and replace it with ease.' He was asked, 'O Messenger of Allaah, should we not learn it?' He said, 'Of course, whoever hears it should learn it.'

(
Ahmad (139/1), Ibn Hibbaan (2372), and Al-Haakim (509/1) Saheeh)

http://makedua.com/alpha_index.html

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “No fatigue, nor disease, nor anxiety, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim).

explanation:
http://www.islamonline.net/English/H...05/04/01.shtml

Allaah Almighty know's best.

Eric H
10-15-2006, 07:14 AM
Greetings in peace Anonymous Tester;

Thanks for starting this thread, and it is always good to here how events help our faith. I believe that God must want each and every one of his creation to achieve a greater life after death. God has the wisdom to know what is best for us. I have posted this before, and possibly this is how God answers our prayers.

I asked for Strength.........
And Allah gave me Difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for Wisdom.........
And Allah gave me Problems to solve.
I asked for Prosperity.........
And Allah gave me Brain and Brawn to work.
I asked for Courage.........
And Allah gave me Danger to overcome.
I asked for Love.........
And Allah gave me Troubled people to help.
I asked for Favours.........
And Allah gave me Opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed
My Prayer has been answered.

Take care

Eric

AnonymousPoster
10-17-2006, 11:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
salams sis

Who said i was a sis? :?

Thanks for the replies everyone

anonymous
10-17-2006, 11:40 AM
sounded like one :X

sz1
12-27-2008, 07:48 AM
Assalamualaikum bro,

What diagram (on the Prophet's and other people's eeman) is that? Can't see any ... :X

Snowflake
12-27-2008, 02:51 PM

It's true. Allah does not need to test us except for our own benefit. When we do well by being patient, asking Allah for help through our hardships and putting our trust in Him, He increases His blessings upon us.

I want to give my own example... This is very personal and I probably wouldn't have shared if it wasn't in the hope that it will help others have more sabr and trust in Allah SWT.

Tests come in different forms for all of us. Mine came in the form of financial harship. Some months ago my benefits was greatly reduced due to change in circumstances. I was just about able to afford basic foods and some days even that was a struggle. I needed shoes and a coat but couldn't even think about getting them. All my income went out on covering bills and paying back money I'd borrowed. Sometimes I'd only cook for my son and just have a cup of tea myself. I reminded myself of the hardships the Prophet (saw) suffered and it made me stronger. I'd also started a private course before I knew my benefit money was going to be reduced and was behind with the installments. I knew this phase was probably going to continue until I was able to start working. There was nothing I could do - except be patient and put my trust in Allah. I prepared myself mentally for tough times ahead and Alhumdulillah, did not panic. Instead after praying salah, I asked Allah to increase my provisions and help me as He saw best.

Then an amazing chain of events began to unfold. A few days before eid-ul-fitr (when I was penniless), I heard something drop through my letter box. It contained £100 from my brother to get myself something for eid - something he had never done before. No doubt Allah had chosen this way to reward me for my sabr and trust in Him.

Then around the same period, my uncle came to visit. My eyes nearly popped out of my head. He had bought a huge sack of rice, so much meat and the biggest package of toilet paper I'd ever seen. Then, another relative, went shopping, saw reduced rice and got me one too. As we all share the cooking on eid, the next thing I knew my brother had come and bought yet more rice and other groceries. I told him to take the rice as I had enough. But he said to keep it as they had enough at home too. So I ended up with enough rice to last months.

Then, my other brother returned a food container from when I'd given him some food to take home. After he left I went to put the container away and found he'd left me £20 in it. SubhanAllah. Last eid my older brother came to give me £100 again. I took £20 and told him it was enough and to please keep the rest. He was like :raging: lol. So I ended up with that too. On top of that my mom gave me £50. I did need the money but I knew she needed things as she was going away and I wanted to show Allah my gratefulness and earn His pleasure my spending on my mother. So when my benefits came, I spent as much money on buying her things for her trip. I knew she had enough of her own. But this would make her happy and I had faith that Allah would provide for me like He has so far.

SubhanAllah!!

This week alone my bro came twice to cook and my uncle whose kids I was baby-sitting, bought me two bags of meat, 2 trays of eggs, a big tub of margerine, a sack of rice (again) and my other bro a box of drinks. I never asked any of these people to bring anything. But it was Allah's mercy that He put it in their hearts to do all this.

When we put our trust in Allah with the sincerest of hearts, He always answers in ways we can't imagine. I couldn't have imagined that I'd end up with so much food or money to help me ride over the tough times. It's been totally amazing. Help came when I could not foresee it happening and still is. My younger bro often comes to my place to cook (something we enjoy doing together) and bring the food his going to make. So, despite being penniless some days, I don't feel I'm lacking anything. Food is the most important thing we need and Allah provided it in abundance. Alhumdulillah! He rewarded me like I could never have imagined. And my sabr and trust stays strong in believing that soon He will make things easier for me as time goes on - as long as I continue to depend on Him ask of Him sincerely. Other than filling our fardhs, that's what we need to do.

Thank you so much O Allah :cry::statisfie

:w:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-28-2008, 12:25 AM

SubhanAllah sis thats so beautiful :cry: MashaAllah. I'd say thats a good example. May Allah make it easy for all of us, ameen.

Eric H
12-28-2008, 03:08 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Scents of Jannah;

Very few of us actually put our trust in God as you do, and I find this to be a joyful blessing. It is wonderful and yet strange how the same God responds to people of different faiths in such wonderful ways.

In the spirit of thanking God for all the blessings he bestows on us.

Eric

Snowflake
12-29-2008, 04:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven

SubhanAllah sis thats so beautiful :cry: MashaAllah. I'd say thats a good example. May Allah make it easy for all of us, ameen.

jazakAllahu khayr sis Light and ameen to your dua xxx

format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you Scents of Jannah;

Very few of us actually put our trust in God as you do, and I find this to be a joyful blessing. It is wonderful and yet strange how the same God responds to people of different faiths in such wonderful ways.

In the spirit of thanking God for all the blessings he bestows on us.

Eric
You're right.. it's a very big blessing and He is forever mindful of all His Creation. I pray Allah never tests me in anything I will fail in. I couldnt bear Allah to see me not trusting Him. I'd rather die. And I pray He makes me better than you think me to be. Ameen. Myself or anyone else are nothing without His favours. All good is from Him and all bad is from ourselves.

May Allah guide you and set your affairs in order - Ameen.

Peace and goodwill.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.