/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Eternal Kingdom?

- Qatada -
10-14-2006, 01:50 PM
The Eternal Kingdom?

I've heard quite abit about the Eternal Kingdom, which the christian's believe they will end up in after death. There will be bliss, happiness, fairness, justice etc. Jesus (peace be upon him) will also be there and there will be no evil.

Now reflecting upon that, i just compared it to islam, but not the paradise that the muslim's are promised, but instead - i reflected on the time when Jesus (peace be upon him) will return back to earth. He will slay the anti-christ (ad-dajjaal) and after the Gog & Magog (Ya'juj wa Ma'juj) are destroyed - there will be peace on the earth, no corruption.

There will be so much justice, that Allaah will allow the blessing's of earth to come out, to the extent where there will be enough milk from a cow to feed a whole tribe etc. (there are quite a few hadith that mention similar point's like this.)

So i was just thinking, due to all the similarities in our faith's, there may have been a misunderstanding by some people to believe that the kingdom of Jesus (peace be upon him) in this world will be the actual kingdom of paradise [in the afterlife.]

What do you guy's think? [No arguing please] :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
10-14-2006, 01:53 PM
:sl:

hmmmm....that could be...but then again...my christian friends said that they believed that once someone dies they live in this place which is basicly space :confused:

:?:?:?

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
10-14-2006, 02:15 PM
whoohoooah, bro that jus might b tru, subhanAllah.

coz therse gnna b PURE peace so much that a one lamb will fill a whole town up :D subhaNAllah

:salamext:

Joe98
10-15-2006, 08:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
What do you guy's think?

According to all faiths, God has given people free will. This accounts for Hitler, Saddam Hussain and all the others.

If what you say is true, when Jesus returns to earth, free will, will be removed.

This doesn't make sense. And therefore it can't be true. Yet more evidence there cannot be a God.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
duskiness
10-15-2006, 09:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
So i was just thinking, due to all the similarities in our faith's, there may have been a misunderstanding by some people to believe that the kingdom of Jesus (peace be upon him) in this world will be the actual kingdom of paradise [in the afterlife.]
i'm not sure...i really don't know that much about christian doctrins on afterlife (i stick to "we will wait and see" ;) )
but i would say, that in the end kingdom of God and paradise will be the same thing:
1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
5He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."

6He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.
if that's a place where God dwells with people then what's the difference between this and paradise?
we believe that this takes place after Second Caming of Jesus and resurrection of death.
Oh and we believe that Kingdom of Heaven is also here right now, but not fully
Maybe other Christian members could help...
n.

Malaikah
10-15-2006, 09:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
If what you say is true, when Jesus returns to earth, free will, will be removed.
Where did he say there will be no free will?:rollseyes

Joe98
10-15-2006, 09:35 AM
He said there would be no corruption. Therefore no free will.

Joe98
10-15-2006, 11:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
What do you mean? Corruption occurs through free will

I mean the only way to rid the world of corruption is to end free will.

Trumble
10-15-2006, 01:26 PM
Not necessarily. All you need to is ensure that there are sufficient attainable non-corrupt alternatives that would universally be seen as preferable to corruption. Corruption only occurs when people think they can obtain something they want and don't already have.

In the case of what we are talking about here, that really wouldn't be too much of a problem, I would have thought.

Ansar Al-'Adl
10-15-2006, 03:25 PM
Greetings,

This is what was on ChristianAnswers:
Kingdom of God

(Matt. 6:33; Mark 1:14, 15; Luke 4:43) = "kingdom of Christ" (Matt. 13:41; 20:21) = "kingdom of Christ and of God" (Eph. 5:5) = "kingdom of David" (Mark 11:10) = "the kingdom" (Matt. 8:12; 13:19) = "kingdom of heaven" (Matt. 3:2; 4:17; 13:41)
all denote the same thing under different aspects, viz.:
  1. Christ's mediatorial authority, or his rule on the earth
  2. the blessings and advantages of all kinds that flow from this rule
  3. the subjects of this kingdom taken collectively, or the Church

dougmusr
10-15-2006, 09:27 PM
This is why Christians talk of the sinfulness of mankind. Given a choice, mankind always drifts into corruption.

- Qatada -
10-16-2006, 11:23 AM
Muslim's believe that we have a freedom of choice, so we have the choice to go down the right path, or the wrong path. The one who chooses to do good will recieve that reward, whereas the one who goes down the wrong path on purpose will be punished. This is a form of reducing corruption.

Allaah Almighty know's best.

Peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.