/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Words ive heard but dont understand

AnonymousPoster
10-14-2006, 02:57 PM
:sl:

i have heard so many new words during ramadan that i havent heard before as i have been fully practising a relative short amount of time i was wondering if you guys could halp giving me translations

ahtasaab
seera
shama'il
tafseer
difference betweek Qiyam and Tahajjud

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mawaddah
10-14-2006, 03:13 PM

Masha'allah that's wonderful to know that you started practising :)

Ihtisaab ( you wrote it Ahtasaab) means to : Reflect, Consider

Seerah : History of the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him.

Shamaa'il : Good Qualities, Good Characteristics

Tafseer : Explanation of the Qur'aan

As for the Difference between Qiyaam and Tahajjud. Well Qiyaam is generally a name which means Any type of Night Prayer. Tahajjud also means the same thing.

:w:

جوري
10-14-2006, 03:40 PM
YUp.....nothing like (Qyam Alyel)........... those last 1/3 of the night prayer..... I read W'Allah A3lam..... that God's throne comes close to earth in the last 1/3 of the night... and God asks who seeks me in prayer so that I may answer.....

amirah_87
10-14-2006, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
YUp.....nothing like (Qyam Alyel)........... those last 1/3 of the night prayer..... I read W'Allah A3lam..... that God's throne comes close to earth in the last 1/3 of the night... and God asks who seeks me in prayer so that I may answer.....
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Allah Subhanahuu wa ta3aalaa Himself comes down to the Sky of the dunyah!!

I'm not sure about the throne part!!

Wallahu a3lam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
10-14-2006, 04:06 PM
Yup...... you are right!.... and that is what was meant....God on his throne comes to extend himself to he/she who seeks.

- Qatada -
10-14-2006, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
Yup...... you are right!.... and that is what was meant....God on his throne comes to extend himself to he/she who seeks.

:salamext:

Hadith Qudsi 35:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) said:

Our Lord (glorified and exalted be He) descends each night to the earth's sky when there remains the final third of the night, and He says: Who is saying a prayer to Me that I may answer it? Who is asking something of Me that I may give it him? Who is asking forgiveness of Me that I may forgive him?

It was related by al-Bukhari (also by Muslim, Malik, at-Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud).

In a version by Muslim the Hadith ends with the words:
And thus He continues till [the light of] dawn shines.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen...dithqudsi.html

Muhammad
10-14-2006, 09:56 PM

I also came across this:

Question:

I wanted to know the difference between QIYYAM and TARAWIH.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Salaat al-Taraaweeh is classified as part of qiyaam al-layl; they are not two different prayers, as many people think. Qiyaam al-layl during Ramadaan is called Taraaweeh because the salaf or early generations of Islam (may Allaah have mercy on them) used to rest (istaraahu) after every two or four rak’ahs, because they made their prayers long in order to make the most of this season of great reward. They were eager to earn the reward mentioned in the hadeeth: “Whoever stays up and prays at night in Ramadaan out of faith and in the hope of reward, all his previous sins will be forgiven.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, no. 36).

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref...eng&txt=qiyaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.