/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nursing or Teaching?

flower of dusk
10-14-2006, 04:02 PM
:sl:
well basically, even though i'm in year 11 and still have my GCSE's to come, i'm really thinkin about what i wana be when i grow up and what subjects to study l8r. My final decision about working to help children and people has been made, but now, i'm having a dilemma...:(
i don't know if i should go into childrens nursing or teaching.:cry:
anyone have any suggests? perhaps any points to why which one is better? that would be a great help. :)
thank you...:rose:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-14-2006, 05:07 PM

talk to connexions or teachers...trust sis its hard and confussing at first especially when your bombared with all these career paths and u dont know which one u want to go into..

am at college..my friends are all applying for unis well so am i..but they still confused with what they want to to e.g. one freind wants to go into teaching english , but not sure if she wants to teach eng or actually actually just get a degree in english! n its just not her theres many ppl out there who dont really know what they want to become once they actually get to uni....:):):)

so i think it better to combine subjects or have a broader subject which will take u into different career choices. e.g with law it can take u into loads of career..thats just an example:)

oh the best choice is to perform salatul Istakara(spl) and just be patient & inshaAllah u will get ur answer:)

hope this helped:)

:w:

S_87
10-14-2006, 05:08 PM

both jobs are beneficiant and fields that are needed, it really is a case of which one would you prefer to do? :)

*noor
10-14-2006, 06:34 PM
:sl: sis :)

I had the same problem. I wanted to do so many things and I wasn't sure which one I should pick. It was between teaching, counseling, and something in the health field. Then I considered all of the ups and downs of each job. Everyone wanted me to go for something in the health field and bombarded me with the fact that they make more money. Then I really thought about it. If you're planning on getting married and having kids in the future, inshaAllah, that wouldn't be such a good idea because you won't have time for your family. With teaching, you work shorter hours and you work the same time that your kids are in school and you'll probably be home before your husband comes home. That gives you time to be there for your husband and kids and at the same time be able to do cooking and cleaning and all of that etc. I wouldn't want my kids to come home and not find a parent there.

And another thing, I don't know if i'd really want to work if my husband was making enough to support the family. But if I did have to work, I would choose teaching.

Just one way of looking at it. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
flower of dusk
10-14-2006, 06:41 PM
aww... thank you dear sisters. the first sister (it would be rude of me to call u "sum-muslim-gal" lol) yes i wud tlk to a careers advisor but i kno that they are gna ask me wot i prefer lyk dear sister amani had said. But i cnt! lol... i'm doing health and social care at the moment for one of my GCSE courses, i am quite interested in health care, but at the children area of it. lol, but i guess i should just wait till my a-levels and that. thnx neways :):):)

Hijaabi22
10-14-2006, 09:08 PM
1 fyyyyyyn trainee teacher here baby! ;) lol...dunno bout the fyn bit actually ;D

Ok heres how it goes... wellllll Im in ma third year of a teachin degree and TO THIS DAY i still dont know if its the right career choice I chose, I always think wat if i did this or that etc etc... teachin is A TOUGH TOUGH job, Its 24 hrs work non stop, obviously once U qualified things will get alot easier, but ryt now, I jus feel like aaaaaaaaarrrggghhhh lol you kno wat i mean...

wat Id advise U 2 do is this- DO THE DEGREE IN NURSING, Once Ur qualified do the PGCE in teachin and ta daaaaa U can be both! Lol seriously tho I wish thats the route I took, I wish I did a degree like law or english lit and then did the PGCE for teachin, it jus makes everythin alot more clearer 4 u as 2 wat exactly u wna do..

anyways hope U make the ryt decision but THINK LONG N HARD hun thats all i can advise u 2 do...feel free 2 PM me if U got any questions ;)

flower of dusk
10-15-2006, 10:39 AM
Sister *noor, that's wat i was thinkin about if i go into nursing. About my husband and children in the future inshAllah. so i guess teaching does come in to thought alot. And the scond sister, (-----------) yes i have realised myself that some of my teachers who have come into teaching did nursing before as a career or something like that. i always wondered lol, but then again, what does a PGCE mean?

Hiraislam
06-20-2012, 12:08 PM
I really like these two profession and these are two most respectable profession for women.

sister herb
06-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Salam alaykum;

first post was made at 2006 when that sister was 11 years old. It would be interesting to know what she has chosen, teaching or nursering... or something absolutely different.

;D

Marina-Aisha
06-20-2012, 01:00 PM
am i the only one that finds it annoying when peeps just bump threads? cos we never find out if the person has figured wotever they needed to figure out!!

ps: i have been applying for teacher assistant jobs cos caring for eldery im not sure bout..

glo
06-20-2012, 06:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Salam alaykum;

first post was made at 2006 when that sister was 11 years old. It would be interesting to know what she has chosen, teaching or nursering... or something absolutely different.

;D
Just a correction, as the sister was in year 11 in school, not 11 years old. She would have been 16.

Still, it would be interesting to know what she decided to do in life. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.