/* */

PDA

View Full Version : SubhanAllah - I can do it!!!!

Rabi'ya
10-15-2006, 08:49 PM
:sl:

brothers and sisters, I am so happy. I feel like i wanna tell everyone, but im sure most people dont care(my family sure dont!!:( )

I have been going to arabic classes for about 4 weeks to learn the basics of Quraanic arabic.

Alhamdulillah i have been practising EVERY day and 2 days ago i read my first 2 words of Quraan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Normally, I havent got the patience and when i get one or two letters wrong i get really frustrated.But since Ramadhan started I made duaa to Allah that He can increase my patience during this month and give me enough sabr to learn enough arabic to read the last juz in arabic. Ive bene reading the Quraan in english so far, but i cant wait til i can read it properly, inshallah

Please, can you all keep me in ur duaas as Ive been trying to learn arabic for some time now and finally Im mkaing some headway, I give all thanks to Allah for keeping me patient and calm during practise.

As for all those revert sisters (and brothers) keep making sincere duaa to Allah - especially during this blessed month - if u really want something(and its good for you ) Allah will help you for sure.

JazakAllah kheir

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Arwa
10-15-2006, 08:51 PM
wa alaikum assalam!

awwww masha'Allah that's excellent!

May Allah make it easy for you! :)

Kamilah
10-15-2006, 08:53 PM
Masha'Allah, May Allah(swt) bless you loads and loads sis, and Insha'Allah soon you'll be a natural.

Hajar
10-15-2006, 08:58 PM
:sl: sis,

Aww mashaAllah that soo cool, i know what you feeling. i recently start learing to read arabic too... inshaAllah soon enough you will be able to read the whole Quran in arabic :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
10-15-2006, 08:58 PM
salam.
subhanallah mashallah thats so good to hear am proud of yeah Ukthi am saying this from the bottom of my heat "I CARE FOR YOU" okay :wub:

am currently doing Aalimah course wich contains Qura'an Tajwid && also Arabic so am stressing but then on side am happy because after being a christains, then revert, then practsisin now Alhamdulillah reached to a level where i wanted to become an Aalimah have :)

May Allah make it easy for us inshallah (Amin)
w.salam

aamirsaab
10-15-2006, 09:00 PM
Mashallah, it's good to see such dedication and devotion to Islam.
May Allah reward you.

Rabi'ya
10-15-2006, 09:01 PM

thats amazing sis, i wish i can do an aalimah course too - but nothing local. BEsides i got other commitments right now. but step by step im sure ill achieve what is neede of me.

Thanks for the encouragement - may Allah bless you...ameen

AhlaamBella
10-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Marshallah sis I'm so happy for you. :D :bravo:

DigitalStorm82
10-15-2006, 09:06 PM
Mashallah Sis, Keep it up! There is much reward for you Inshallah.

You get more reward for trying to read Arabic and the effort you put forth than the person who knows Arabic and just reads through it quickly.

You're rewarded for your intentions and your efforts :) Take your time sis...

Please don't stop your efforts with the end of the Ramadan month :) We're not ramadan muslims Inshallah... we're muslims for life.

May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen.

W'salaamz

Kittygyal
10-15-2006, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

thats amazing sis, i wish i can do an aalimah course too - but nothing local. BEsides i got other commitments right now. but step by step im sure ill achieve what is neede of me.

Thanks for the encouragement - may Allah bless you...ameen

salam.
Inshallah Ukthi when there's a will there's always a will so bare in mind your never too late okay :love: just be confident && say to your slef "yes i can do it inshallah" :)
&& true everything works in steps so don't rush okay because trust me the better you do it step by step the more you learn inshallah :)
&& Amin thumma Amin Ya Ra3bil Alameen to your Du3'ah && also same to you May Allah subhanwatallah make it easy for you inshallah :wub:
w.salam

Rabi'ya
10-15-2006, 09:11 PM
:sl: bro Digital

no way, its just that ive tried so hard for years and each time i didnt have the patience. now ive made some headway....there aint no way im quitting. ive proved that I CAN do it, so inshAllah ill keep going, im tryingt o learn tajweed as i go along so i dont have to go back over it again. Ive got mashAllah a lovely sister teaching me one-to-one so its much easier than going to class.

please just keep me in ur duaas.

Kittygyal
10-15-2006, 09:14 PM
salam.
Ukthi your in my Pious Du3'ah && inshallah you do the same okay ? :wub:
w.salam

DigitalStorm82
10-15-2006, 09:22 PM
Inshallah Allah will make it easy for you...

I can't seem to find the Quran program right now... which highlights the arabic text as it is recited...

Perhaps someone else on this forum can assist me in locating such a program or website... I'll try to look for it again later, Inshallah.

I'll keep an eye on this thread if no one post the link to it.. I'll try to locate one... Inshallah it'll help you learn as well... when you're not being instructed 1-on-1 :)

W'salaamz

chacha_jalebi
10-15-2006, 09:24 PM
awww mashallah sista :D:D:D:D

inshallah ya will learn and continue the learn :D:D:D and then you can go and teach the quran to people inshallah :D:D:D

Rabi'ya
10-15-2006, 09:26 PM
jzakAllah kheir for all the kind words.

InshAllah - if u can find the Quraan program it would be really helpful.

am really looking fro ward to the day wheni can read a surah in arabic. then inshallah im gonna complete the whole Quraan in arabic....

you know when im reading, even simple words, i can feel myself smiling. my sis in law was watching me the other day. i got proper embarassed :p lol

DigitalStorm82
10-15-2006, 09:32 PM
Ok, I found a really cool program...

http://www.shaplus.com/free-quran-so...e-download.htm

You can click on the arabic text anytime you want.. and it'll recite that word for you...

You will have to download additional surahs in mp3 format to get the other "sound" for the surahs... they are also available on the same website... here is the direct link.

http://www.shaplus.com/free-quran-so.../quran-mp3.htm

If you need any help in sorting it all out... just ask...

W'salaamz,
Hamid

PS. Download the new surahs in mp3 format in the Quranreciter mp3 folder... you can also navigate it in through this... C:\Program Files\QuranReciter\mp3

Rabi'ya
10-15-2006, 09:36 PM
:sl: bro,

jazakALlah kheir for that.

Inshallah ill download it when i get a min. im not on my home pc at the mo - im vistiing relatives. ill check it out later.

DigitalStorm82
10-15-2006, 09:43 PM
http://www.reciter.org/loaderLarge.p...E2MDk0ODQ0Mg==

This one is available on the internet... Just click on the verse... and hit play at the right side panel.

GoodLuck!

W'salaamz

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-15-2006, 09:47 PM
MashAllah sis! Thats great!

Rabi'ya
10-15-2006, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DigitalStorm82
http://www.reciter.org/loaderLarge.p...E2MDk0ODQ0Mg==

This one is available on the internet... Just click on the verse... and hit play at the right side panel.

GoodLuck!

W'salaamz

once again, jazakAllah kheir brother

blue_dew
10-16-2006, 01:28 AM

Mashallah sis. That's great.
Inshallah you'll be able to read the whole quran in arabic.

Pk_#2
10-16-2006, 08:53 AM
AsalamuAlaykum,

mashaAllah sis!! nice to know someones trying hard this Ramadan, keep it up inshaAllah, May Allah (Swt) reward you for your efforts, Ameen to the previous dua's also :)

Tc hunni xx

Ur_Sister
10-16-2006, 09:22 AM
MashaAllah Sister

Please keep it up and dont give up as its easy to give up. Please check this website. www.searchtruth.com

IceQueen~
10-16-2006, 09:30 AM
awwwww masha allah sis!!! did you know that the one who reads the quran struggling gets DOUBLE the reward?!?!? :wub: :wub: :wub:

May Allah help you sis, amiin

Rabi'ya
10-17-2006, 06:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IceQueen~
awwwww masha allah sis!!! did you know that the one who reads the quran struggling gets DOUBLE the reward?!?!? :wub: :wub: :wub:

May Allah help you sis, amiin

cool, inshAllah i'll kee on at it then.

jazakAllah kheir for the encouragement :)

Anonymous.92
10-17-2006, 07:34 AM
Wow! keep it up! Mashallah that's great!

MinAhlilHadeeth
10-17-2006, 08:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk

Masha allah :happy:
gr8 to hear tht.
Insha allah u'll b able to read the whole quran soon :thumbs_up
InshaAllah!:D

InshaAllah you'll be a hafiza soon.;)

:wasalamex

IceQueen~
10-17-2006, 01:25 PM
yeah insha allah^ and u too umm abdullah :wub:

hidaayah
10-17-2006, 01:32 PM
MashaAllah sis! Thats really good to hear :) InshaAllah! ^

Maimunah
10-17-2006, 01:34 PM
mashaAllah ukhtii
may Allah help u with it:wub:

The Ruler
10-17-2006, 04:46 PM

awwww :wub: congratulations ukhti :D:D:D:D

May Allah help you increase your arabic skills as well as knowledge insha'allah :)

Rabi'ya
10-18-2006, 12:30 PM
inshallah sis...ameen

10-18-2006, 12:37 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Aww sis that's great news mashaallah!!! i'll remember u in my du'as insha allah :wub: :wub: :wub:

It's so nice to see such devotion subhanallah! Always remember that the harder it is the more rewards you will get :wub: :wub:

Rabi'ya
11-20-2006, 11:09 AM

Just an update. I read Surah Maryam, fully, in arabic. IT took me three days and alot of hard work, but alhamdulillah i completed it.

Im now reading Surah Yaseen - thats not as long so inshallah ill complete it today. I read half yesterday.

Some of the symbols I dont know, but things can only improve right??

Ill kepe on taking classes and learning more and more.

Please kepe me in ur duaas:)

11-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Whoohooo!!!! Mashallah keep it up sis ;)
:wub:

F.Y.
11-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Well done sis! :wub: mashallah - keep it up!!

matobosha
11-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Ass Aleikum Rubiya

It is nice to note yout efforts to understand the Quran.
As we are all aware this is a miracle book whereby you cant just
pick and read it like any novel ...you have to struggle to know.
However the beauty about Quran is that THE MORE YOU READ
the more it accepts you...it is a truly blessed book and it will go and defend those who were reading it and understanding it in the hereaftee.
Wish you all the best in your endevour.May Allah make this Ummah understand the Quran and apply it practically in our lives.

Umar001
11-20-2006, 01:01 PM
Am just wondering, sis, do you speak arabic, as in do you know the words? so would you be able to tell if you read something wrong, cos I have been teaching myself arabic and I can read it, but unless am with a teacher or someone who knows how to read arabic I am never sure if I'm getting it right. So how do you cope with that problem?

Rabi'ya
11-20-2006, 01:05 PM
The Quraan ive got has translation and transliteration too, so i can see basic mistakes. I usually spend time reading by myself. but for about half an hour a day sometimes more, my husband sits with me and checks me to make sure im not making any mistakes. hes studying tajweed too, so its good for him to put his practise into use as well.

I go to a Quraan teacher when i can - but due to circumstances i cant go that often at the moment.

I try to take my time, and i keep my tajweed book by me, so anything which im a little unsure of i check it.

InshAllah, ill learn slowly :)

Umar001
11-20-2006, 01:11 PM
What tajweed book do you use?

Rabi'ya
11-20-2006, 01:14 PM
I use a basic Qaida(sp?) and a book called Miftahut Tajweed

also, i borrow my husbands tajweed noteds from his class he goes to. Theyre compiled by a sheikh. i can email u a copy if u want:)

Snowflake
11-20-2006, 01:18 PM
MashaAllah.. May Allah make you a truly gifted and knowledgable reciter of the Holy Quran..ameen :)

Younus
11-20-2006, 01:19 PM
:sl: Rabi'ya

inshaaAllah visit this link, it will be helpful inshaaAllah
http://www.islamworld.net/guide_memo.../quran_co.html

Rabi'ya
11-20-2006, 01:20 PM
ameen sis

jazakAllah kheir ffor the duaa

Rabi'ya
11-20-2006, 01:21 PM
jazakAllahk kheir brother younus :)

Younus
11-20-2006, 01:22 PM
and mashaaAllah for your progress till now :)

Umm Safiya
11-20-2006, 01:47 PM
:salamext:

Masha Allâh, may Allâh make it easy for you, amîn.. :)

Rabi'ya
11-20-2006, 05:13 PM
ameen to the duaa sis:)

zaria
11-20-2006, 07:44 PM
MashaAllah, that is wondeful. may Allah continue to bless you

Younus
11-22-2006, 01:26 PM
:sl: Rabiy'ah

mashaaAllah for your progress till now. :)

I found the following article. inshaaAllah read it, it will be useful inshaaAllah -

Memorizing the Quran

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Abdur-Rahman Abdul Khaaliq's "Al-Qawaaid adh-Dhahabiyyah lil-Hifdh il-Quran il-Adheem"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bismillaahir-Rahmaanir-Raheem

My Brother and Sister Muslim - there is no doubt that you know of excellence of memorising the Quran and the excellence of teaching it. The Messenger of Allaah (sas) said: "The best amongst you is the one who learns the Qur'aan and teaches it."

Presented to you are some rules which will assist in memorising the Qur'aan, may Allaah benefit us by them.

The First Rule: Ikhlaas - (Sincerity)

The purification of ones intention and correcting ones desire is obligatory. It is likewise for making ones concern with and memorisation of the Quran for the s ake of Allaah, the Sublime and Exalted, and for gaining success with His Paradis e and obtaining His pleasure.

Also for obtaining those mighty rewards which are reserved for those who recited the Quran and memorised it. Allaah the Exalted said:

So worship Allaah, making the Deen sincerely for Him. Is it not to Allaah that s incere worship is due? [Zumar 39:2-3]

He also said:

Say: I have been commanded that I worship Allaah making the Deen sincerely for H im. [Zumar 39:11]

And the Messenger of Allaah (sas) said: "Allaah the Exalted said: I am so self-s ufficient that I am in no need of having an associate. Thus, he who does an acti on for someone elses sake as well as Mine will have that action renounced by Me to him whom he associated with Me." [Bukhaaree and Muslim]

Therefore, there is no reward for the one who recited the Quran and memorised it to show off and to be heard of. There is also no doubt that the one who recited the Quran desiring by it the world and seeking some sort of worldy reward for i t is sinful.

The Second Rule: Correction of ones Pronunciation and Recitation

The first step in memorising the Quran after that of Ikhlaas is the obligation o f correcting the pronunciation of the Quran. This does not occur except by liste ning to a good reciter or a precise memoriser of the Quran. The Quran is not lea rned except by acquiring it (from another). Thus, the Messenger (sas) who is the most eloquent of the arabs in speech, took it from Jibreel (as) orally. The Mes senger (sas) himself used to recited the Quran to Jibreel once in every year and in the year that he died he recited it to him twice. [Reported by Bukhaaree]

Likewise, the Messenger taught it to the Companions (ra) orally and those who ca me after them heard it from the Companions and so on for each generation after t hem.

Taking the Quran from a good reciter is obligatory. Likewise, correcting ones re citation firstly and not depending on oneself in its recitation even if one is k nowledgeable of the Arabic language and of its principles, is also obligatory. T his is because in the Quran there are many verses which occur in a way that is o pposed to what is well known in the rules of the Arabic language.

The Third Rule: Specifying a Daily Limit for Memorisation

It is necessary for the one desiring to memorise the Quran that he sets himself a daily limit for memorising. a number of verses for example, perhaps a page or two pages or even an eighth of a juz (one thirtieth of the Quran). So he begins, after he has corrected his recitation and set his daily limit, to learn by freq uent repetition. It is also necessary that this repetition is done melodiously a nd this is so that a person follows the Sunnah firstly and that it the memorisat ion is made firm and strong secondly. Melodious recitation is pleasing to ones h earing and also assists in memorisation. Furthermore, the tongue will always ret urn to a specific tone (of voice) and as a result of this it will become familia r with any mistake whenever the balance in ones recitation and familiar tone bec omes disordered or imbalanced. The reciter will know therefore, that his tongue will not comply with him when he makes a mistake and that if the tone is wrong o r out of tune, his memorisation will return to him.

All of this is because reciting the Quran and beautifying it with ones voice is a matter which has been commanded. It is not permissible to oppose this command due to the saying of the Messenger (sas): "Whoever does not beautify the Quran ( recite it melodiously) he is not of us." [Bukhaaree]

The Fourth Rule: Not Surpassing One's Daily Limit until You Have Perfected its Memorisation.

It is not permissible for the memoriser to move to a new portion of the Quran un til after he has perfected the memorisation of his previous limit. This is so th at whatever he has memorised is firmly established in his mind. There is no doub t that amongst those things which aid the memoriser is his occupation with what he has memorised through the hours of the day and night. This occurs by reciting it in the silent prayers, and if he is the imaam then in the loud prayers. Also in the superogatory prayers (nawaafil) and in the times when one is waiting for the obligatory prayers. By this method the memorisation will become a lot easie r. In this way it is possible for a person to practise it even if he is occupied with other matters and this is because he does not simply sit at a specific tim e for memorising the Quran. Thus the night will not arrive except with those ver ses memorised and firmly established in the mind. And if there is something whic h has occuppied the memoriser during this day, he should not move onto his next portion of the Quran, rather he should continue on the second day with what he h ad started with the day before until the memorisation becomes perfected.

The Fifth Rule: Memorise Using the Same Copy (Mushaf) of the Quran

Among the things which aid the memorisation is that the memoriser should keep fo r himself a specific mushaf (copy of the Quran) which he should never change. Th is is because a person memorises using the sight just as he memorises using the hearing. The script and form of the verses and their places in the mushaf leave an imprint in the mind when they are recited and looked at frequently. If the me moriser was to change his mushaf from which he memorises or if he was to memoris e from a number of different copies the places of the verses would be in differe nt places and also the script may also be different. This makes the memorisation difficult for him. Therefore it is obligatory for the one memorisng the Quran t hat he does so from a single script and mushaf and he should never replace it.

The Sixth Rule: Understanding is the Way to Memorising

Among the things which greatly aid the process of memorisation is understanding the verses that one has memorised and knowing their relationship and link, one t o another. This is why it is necessary for the memoriser to read the tafseer (ex planation) of those verses which he desires to memorise and that he knows their connection, one with another. Also, that he brings this to mind when he is recit ing. This makes it easier for him to memorise the verses. Having said this, it i s also necessary that he does not depend on knowing the meaning of the verses al one in memorising them. Rather the repetition of these verses should be the foun dation. This should be done until the tongue can recite the verses even if the m ind is occupied with other than the meaning of these verses. This is sign that t he verses are firmly established in the mind. As for the one who relies upon the meaning alone then he will forget often and his recitation will be disjointed d ue to his mind being scattered and occupied with other things. This occurs frequ ently, especially when the recitation is long.

The Seventh Rule: Do not move on from a Complete Surah until you have connected the first part of it to the last

After one surah from among the surahs of the Quran has been completed it is desi rable for the memoriser that he does not move onto another surah except after ha ving perfected its memorisation and connecting its first part to its last so tha t his tongue can flow in reciting it, from its beginning to its end. He should b e able to recite it without having to think or go through trouble in remembering the verses. Rather it is a must that the memorisation (and recitation) of these verses is like (flowing) water and that the memoriser recites these verses with out hesitation, even if his mind is occupied with more than one thing, away from m the meaning of these verses. It should be as a person recites Surah Faatihah w ithout any difficulty or having to think about it. This occurs by repeating thes e verses frequently and reciting them often. However the memorisation of every s urah of the Quran will not be like that of Surah Faatihah except rarely but the intent and desire should be to try to make it as such. Therefore, it is necessar y that when a surah is completed it is firmly established in the mind, with its beginning connected to its end and that the memoriser does not move onto another surah until he has memorised it with precision.

The Eighth Rule: Reciting to Others

It is necessary for the memoriser not to depend on himself for his memorisation. Rather he should test his memorisation by reciting the verses or surah in quest ion to somebody else, or he should recite them by following the mushaf. And how excellent this would be if a person had with him a precise memoriser (who would test his memorisation). This is so that the memoriser becomes aware of the possi bility of his being forgetful or confused in his recitation (without knowing it) . Many individuals amongst us who memorise a surah make mistakes and a person ma y not realise that until he looks into the mushaf. Furhtermore, the one who des ires to memorise may not realise by himself at which place he makes an error in his recitation despite the fact that he may be reciting from a mushaf. For this reason making others listen to his recitation of what he has memorised from the Quran is a means of perceiving and knowing these errors and being constantly aware of them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.