/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Callus from Praying

DigitalStorm82
10-16-2006, 12:38 AM
Asalamu Alaikum Everyone,

Ok, I'm pretty sure everyone is familiar with the callus type skin that starts developing around the ankle area from tashahud position... I seen it on many older people... and today I noticed it on my feet and on both of my knees... I mean its not like callus yet.. but I see it forming... its kinda dry in certain spots around the front of the ankle.

What do I do to stop this stuff from growing? I don't want dried dead skin on my feet... I put lotion on it but it doesn't do anything... just temporarily mositurizes it.

Should I leave it alone... or can there be something done about this... I want to fix it in early stages...

Jazakallah Khair

W'salaamz

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DigitalStorm82
10-16-2006, 10:21 AM
Perhaps... someone should move this to brothers section...

and give me access to the brothers section? Been waiting for an approval for weeks...

shariq_0189
10-16-2006, 01:22 PM
try wearig socks more often during salaat..and keep using lotion

Anonymous.92
10-17-2006, 07:36 AM
There's this thing you can get at places like the body shop or something where you manually scrape it off. Don't know if it works though.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DigitalStorm82
10-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Jazakallah Khair...

I don't have it yet... nothing to scrape off... the skin is still smooth but the dry skin is visible... it seems like it will get hardened if I dont treat it now..

Lotion is helping though... and I'll try socks to provide more cushion... I think its because I pray on a hard floor.. maybe I should pray on soft carpet. Perhaps the combination of all this will help..

Jazakallah khair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.