/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Building a Mosque (London Markaz)

أحمد
10-16-2006, 05:27 AM
:sl:

There are plans for a mosque to be built in London, UK to capacitate about 40,000 worshippers at any given time Insha-Allah, please vote YES for the mosque to be built by clicking HERE Insha-Allah.

PS: Clicking on the link will automatically select yes, if you want to vote NO or you want to read the question first, please click HERE.

You may also get extra information about this HERE Insha-Allah.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khayal
10-16-2006, 06:32 AM

MashaAllah, beautiful majsid..I will vote for sure, InshaAllah

:w:

S_87
10-16-2006, 11:24 AM

do we need a masjid that big and expensive????????????

my personal opinion is, even though it may be wrong..we have spent millions on masjids..now we dont need to keep building (unless needed) but we need to FILL them up. in london they already have loads of masjids Alhumdulillah so ...£1 000 000???

Woodrow
10-16-2006, 11:34 AM
Is it being built for the right reason? I do not know what the current needs are for Muslims in London, that is why I ask.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
10-16-2006, 11:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Is it being built for the right reason? I do not know what the current needs are for Muslims in London, that is why I ask.

i dunno..but in london theres already a couple of biggg masjids and many small ones.... in any case £1000000 is a bit dear :uuh:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
10-16-2006, 09:07 PM
From What I know in England there are soon many masjids, so many diffrent groups of who muslims who would prefer to have their own masjid even if there is another two on the same road.

Isn't it a sign of end of times when there will be soo many beautifully decorated masjids but nobody in them to pray?? The only time I see masjids full are on Jummah or Eid

DigitalStorm82
10-17-2006, 12:18 AM
Its sad we have so many Eid muslims...

They don't even know Eid prayer is a sunnah... Neglect fard.

ahamed_sharif
10-17-2006, 05:26 AM
Assalamu alaykum

The group which is constructing this masjid needs it. Because muslims from the whole continent come here and they have the monthly and quarterly Ijtemas. May be some time later this masjid will also be insufficient.

May Allah SWT help them and let the project gets completed at the earliest.

shukran

north_malaysian
10-17-2006, 05:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DigitalStorm82
Its sad we have so many Eid muslims...

They don't even know Eid prayer is a sunnah... Neglect fard.
In Malaysia, we have Eid Muslims and Friday Muslims....

S_87
10-17-2006, 10:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahamed_sharif
Assalamu alaykum

The group which is constructing this masjid needs it. Because muslims from the whole continent come here and they have the monthly and quarterly Ijtemas. May be some time later this masjid will also be insufficient.

May Allah SWT help them and let the project gets completed at the earliest.

shukran

they have the dewsbury markaz which is more than big enough for them. they have many markazs in UK. see its all about groups again. its for a certain 'group' of muslims.
and their gatherings that are big dont happen everyday.....

أحمد
10-18-2006, 07:06 AM

Even if it is to be used by majority only once in a week/year, whether its for Eid or Jumu'ah that most people would use it; that is not something to argue about. I do not know what its like in london, but in Birmingham on eid and Jumu'ahs the mosques are overcrowded and full. Even though Central Mosque tries to do as many jama'ats as possible, they cannot fit everyone in.

If the mosque is built it will be of some use to at least some people Insha-Allah. I don't care which "group" takes responsibility, and don't think that concerns any of us.

Curaezipirid
10-18-2006, 07:35 AM
I thought it was gunna be a story of the group effort on the building day: like Amish Barn Raisers! Rats!

Dat would be a scary place to pray.

S_87
10-18-2006, 10:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aleefwaw

Even if it is to be used by majority only once in a week/year, whether its for Eid or Jumu'ah that most people would use it; that is not something to argue about. I do not know what its like in london, but in Birmingham on eid and Jumu'ahs the mosques are overcrowded and full. Even though Central Mosque tries to do as many jama'ats as possible, they cannot fit everyone in.

If the mosque is built it will be of some use to at least some people Insha-Allah. I don't care which "group" takes responsibility, and don't think that concerns any of us.

quite a few members within the group itself is complaining............

lavikor201
10-18-2006, 09:14 PM
It looks nice. Hopefully your place of prayer will spread peace, and devotion to G-d and his message for all humans to love one another to thousands.

sameer
10-19-2006, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
In Malaysia, we have Eid Muslims and Friday Muslims....
there are ppl like this the world over, but we should be glad that they still attend the masjid and try to encourage them to come more often.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
10-19-2006, 05:43 PM
hmm.. tru we dnt actually need a masjid that big, therz plenty of masjidz around london..

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
xcellent question bro, thats wot i was thinking. r they building it 2 show off? are dey building it so people go wow, hes da bomb he built dat mosque OR are they really building it for Allah? 4 the right reasons.. only Allah knows of course... i really do hope its 4 Allah..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.