/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are there any persons whom speak sign?

Curaezipirid
10-16-2006, 07:46 AM
Assalam Alaikum

I am in the library and there are people nearby whom are speaking Australian sign language.

Is Qur'an translated into sign?

If not why not?

Folk whom speak sign are very expressive; usually more so that the rest of us in respect of posture. I believe those for whom sign language provides culture could be well off with access to Qur'an and all ahadith.

In Aboriginal Australian languages there is always a strong component of sign language. It is more commonly in use among older women as the means of communicating any matter that is sacred. I my self find that I am very reticient to verbalise much of my knowledge in Islam, whereas I type OK, and often overly expressively!

I wonder whether folk whom live within the culture of sign language will prove more adept than others at realising the truth once within access to Qur'an. The lesson that they live in deafness is certainly a verification within their very biology of evidence in Allah of Shari'ah.

However sadly there are deaf folk for whom their deafness is not accorded by usual ancestral heredity, but rather by abuse to their ancestors. All the more reason that they are in need of Qur'an.

wasalam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Curaezipirid
10-16-2006, 08:34 AM
Thanks for that link: its worth a bunny!

I might try to make some contact with the Australian sign community.

Part of the reason I am asking is because I observe often that persons speaking sign are not especially cautious in their body language around not sign speakers. But if they realise that you can attune with their expression then they are very especially cautious in their expression. They are all exceptionally skilled in postural communication and will no doubt prove an asset to any Muslim community.

wasalam

MusLiM 4 LiFe
10-27-2006, 05:23 PM
dis gal who woz in ma clas, her parents wer deaf so she taught me a lil.. dis woz time ago so i cnt remember :-\

AzizMostafa
11-21-2006, 08:34 AM
There is a school in Iran teaching Quran with Sign Language.
Syyed Tabatabai'e, The Hafiz of All the Glorious Quran, is one of the outstanding teachers in this field that was developed by his father 10+ years ago. The whole Quran was translated into sign language. I try to find their website, if any.
Semoga Berjaya with Flowers
http://www.crAUSwords.com/flowers/WFlowers.htm

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
11-21-2006, 08:40 AM
There are mosques in Egypt where they use sign language to tell the deaf people about Friday Sermon given.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.