check this out,

And read the horrible comments made by some, :'(

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/cri...cle1870842.ece

Astaghfirullah,

give me your views on that inshaAllah. :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
shariq_0189
10-16-2006, 01:09 PM
wow thts pretty bad..its not tht bad here in canada.

Woodrow
10-16-2006, 01:14 PM
Not that bad here in the USA either. At least not in Texas. Yes, we did have a few rough days, but at the moment all seems quite well here in Austin. I believe we are very well accepted. Perhaps it is because Austin is a city of many recent immigrants and there is very much diversity. For a small city we have a wide range of religions present.

amirah_87
10-16-2006, 01:24 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

SubhanAllah, It is pretty bad here in London, half of those attacks mentioned were near my area :offended:
I get Verbal abuse but not anything phsyical yet Walhamdulillah, but those poor sisters SubhanAllah! :cry:

May Allah help Us All InshaAllah!! :-\

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Erundur
10-16-2006, 01:37 PM
In the U.S. its not as bad is it is in the U.K. considering that the U.S. is known for its melting pot. I'm not sure about the muslim communities over there.

Mawaddah
10-16-2006, 06:32 PM
Oh Wow.....Astaghfirullah :(

Alhamdulilah over here in the Bahamas people dont really give the Muslims much trouble at all even though we are only a handful. They dont give us more than half a glance at most times.

May Allah keep the Muslims safe Ameen :(

Pk_#2
10-16-2006, 06:43 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

Ameen to the du'as :'(

Remember the ummah in your du'as especially in this month as Allah (swt) answers the du'as of the fasting person.

:( i hate what's going on!

Kittygyal
10-16-2006, 06:46 PM
salam.
Astagfirullah!! in Bristol it's even bad! May Allah shine thy light upon them inshallah Amin!
w.salam

Woodrow
10-16-2006, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Erundur
In the U.S. its not as bad is it is in the U.K. considering that the U.S. is known for its melting pot. I'm not sure about the muslim communities over there.
I can only speak of the areas of Texas I have lived in. When I lived in different towns in Anderson county, there were no distinct Muslim communities. In those towns the Muslim Population was well spread out and integrated into the various communitites. There was no visible way of telling where any Muslims lived. The local Mosques quite often had almost as many curious onlookers as Muslims in them. Many of the Muslims in Anderson county were reverts, so the Mosques were very racialy mixed.

Here in Austin the majority of the Muslims are from Pakistan. Us reverts account for perhaps 10% of the Muslim Population. However, there are no truly Muslim communities except for a small number of apartment complex's. The apartment complex's in Austin are quite expensive so the only Muslims I personaly know that live in the Apartment complex I live in are predominatly professional people and business owners. They are highly respected in the General population. Many Doctors, Scientists and College professors here are Muslim. the income of the average Muslim is well above the income of the general population and most Muslims are treated with much respect.

Hisbul_Aziz
10-16-2006, 07:03 PM
Astagfirullah may allah help us

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-16-2006, 07:09 PM
lol it makes me laugh when stuff like this is so apparent. When we say its an attack on Muslims or Islam, they think we are crazy. Well I'd rather be crazy then utterly blind. Eyes and heart.
Remember the ummah in your du'as especially in this month as Allah (swt) answers the du'as of the fasting person.
InshAllah and Ameen to that :)

Umm Yoosuf
10-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Assallamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh

Times like these is when one needs to be strong in Iman and remain steadfast. Hold tight to the rope of Allah and prostate before him and ask for forgiveness.

Pk_#2
10-16-2006, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
most Muslims are treated with much respect.
AsalamuAlaykum,

lucky! nothing like that here, i guess those that treat Muslims with respect are the ones that have Muslims as friends, they have a better understanding about the situation of Muslims today also.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-16-2006, 07:41 PM
thats true!

Arwa
10-16-2006, 07:56 PM
:sl:

It's getting bad in the UK. :(

I have had 2 verbal comments since jack's comments .. the most recent being today as I walked out of college. 2 men told me and my friend to take our head scarves off. :mad:

Pk_#2
10-16-2006, 07:58 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

aww no worries sista

jus make du'a inshaAllah,

:'( pray for all those who don't understand also, even though you may have a little bit of hatred with them, just pray Allah guides them, that is the most we can do for now,

Tc :)

MusLiM 4 LiFe
10-16-2006, 08:00 PM
da uk man.. sooo bad, i hate it ere.. cnt wait 2 leave *in like 10 yrz hehe* :rollseyes

Woodrow
10-16-2006, 08:07 PM
After reading things like this. I appreciate life in Austin all that much more. I am looking out my window at themoment and I see 2 covered Muslimahs heading to e playground with there children and accompanied by a small group of a very mixed variety children walking to the playground with them.

Things do seem to be much different than what I hear about in the UK.

and to think Texas has a reputation of being a "Redneck" state and filled with racial/religious prejucice.

Arwa
10-16-2006, 08:35 PM
^ How fortunate masha'Allah.

An old women the other day said to me 'take them off'.

It just feels so awkward walking about. I don't feel safe anymore walking alone anywhere. Oh well. May Allah help us all.

Erundur
10-16-2006, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I can only speak of the areas of Texas I have lived in. When I lived in different towns in Anderson county, there were no distinct Muslim communities. In those towns the Muslim Population was well spread out and integrated into the various communitites. There was no visible way of telling where any Muslims lived. The local Mosques quite often had almost as many curious onlookers as Muslims in them. Many of the Muslims in Anderson county were reverts, so the Mosques were very racialy mixed.

Here in Austin the majority of the Muslims are from Pakistan. Us reverts account for perhaps 10% of the Muslim Population. However, there are no truly Muslim communities except for a small number of apartment complex's. The apartment complex's in Austin are quite expensive so the only Muslims I personaly know that live in the Apartment complex I live in are predominatly professional people and business owners. They are highly respected in the General population. Many Doctors, Scientists and College professors here are Muslim. the income of the average Muslim is well above the income of the general population and most Muslims are treated with much respect.
There's a huge Muslim population in my area, but you wouldn't even know it unless you see a Muslim or Muslimah in a sort of religious clothing. Everyone is spread out from the city and into the suburbs all with different incomes and cultures. There's about an equal mix of different kinds of muslims from different communities, some more than others.

Gotta love the U.S. for that the whole interaction and understanding of other peoples cultures etc.:thumbs_up

Pk_#2
10-16-2006, 09:41 PM

Gotta love the U.S. for that the whole interaction and understanding of other peoples cultures etc.:thumbs_up
AsalamuAlaykum,

I love those who respect Muslims for who they are, i pray Allah loves those people too, and forgives them of thier past and present sins

Ameen!

us sounds really nice, sisters get thier headscarves ripped off here :'( Astaghfirullah!

Jazakhala for the comments, keep them coming inshaAllah.

Erundur
10-17-2006, 05:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
AsalamuAlaykum,

I love those who respect Muslims for who they are, i pray Allah loves those people too, and forgives them of thier past and present sins

Ameen!

us sounds really nice, sisters get thier headscarves ripped off here :'( Astaghfirullah!

Jazakhala for the comments, keep them coming inshaAllah.

Of course I'm not saying that all Americans are respecting of Muslims, but America is not as secular as many European countries thanks to many religious folk within america mainly due in part to christians.

Woodrow
10-17-2006, 07:53 PM
Of course I'm not saying that all Americans are respecting of Muslims, but America is not as secular as many European countries thanks to many religious folk within america mainly due in part to christians.
A lot of truth in that. There are many Christian denominations in American that are further removed from mainstream Christianity than Islam is. They are very diverse. I would say that Catholics, and mainstream Protestants have more in common with Muslims than they have with Jehovah Witnesses, Mormans or Seventh day adventists.

It could very well be that this acceptance that has existed ever since the founding of the country has made it natural for most Americans to accept other faiths.

Also many of the Christians that originaly settled in America came because they were persecuted in their home countries. America is a nation of people that excaped from persecution.

Yes, there have been periodic episodes of religious persecutions in our history. The most noted has been the persecution of the Mormans which resulted with the Mormans being driven out of the US to Utah, which was not part of the US at that time. Also there has been the perpetual persecution of the Jews. The Jews do still suffer considerable persecution in the US. Especialy here in the South. Except for the Austin and Houston areas I find that Jews are not well tolerated in most of Texas.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.